IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

I think Michelle looks great. I shunned any notion of a summer wedding in my own life so I understand if she wore it to keep cool. I love the dresses of the young ladies next to her, especially the blue and white one. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Michelle would look great with an updo for her children’s weddings. But we know Boob likes her hair down. So that’s how she will always wear it. *eyeroll*

I’m wondering - is the updo kind of a regional thing? While, of course, I’ve been to weddings where the bride had them - it’s definitely been less than half. And Updo’s on the wedding party / mother’s are pretty unusual.

I do think hair down has been increasing in popularity for at least the 5 years. I, too, have rarely seen an up do on the MOB/ bridal party. I'm used to seeing brides with their hair down skip the veil and just do flowers or headpiece in their hair. 

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I’m wondering - is the updo kind of a regional thing? While, of course, I’ve been to weddings where the bride had them - it’s definitely been less than half. And Updo’s on the wedding party / mother’s are pretty unusual.

I think it would be a nice change for Michelle. Her girls know how to do hair so I bet they could do something cute. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it would be a nice change for Michelle. Her girls know how to do hair so I bet they could do something cute. 

She really could have fun playing with styling. I could see her with one of those rosette braid buns, with the curls left loose here and there. 

Even within her standards, there is so much she could do clothing wise, even being frugal. It’s too bad her one make-over made her look like her mother-in-law ! Probably scared her off for life 

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I think they are much more popular on the East Coast where weddings tend to be more traditionally formal and indoorsy feeling (if that makes sense). I imagine in California the whole boho thing reigns, and so long, loose hair is much more popular. 

I can't remember a wedding I've been to where the MOB had long hair and it wasn't in an updo. And at about half the weddings I've been to the brides had their hair up as well. It does seem that having your hair down as a bride is more popular these days.

In terms of Michelle's dress posted above, IMO that is way too busy for a MOT, if you consider the notion of formal family pictures...I doubt the Duggars really think too much about coordinating and aesthetics -just too many people to consider.

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In terms of Michelle's dress posted above, IMO that is way too busy for a MOT, if you consider the notion of formal family pictures...I doubt the Duggars really think too much about coordinating and aesthetics -just too many people to consider.

Not a Duggar expert so possible I'm mistaken but I'm sure there was a wedding where the boys were all in navy blue and Michelle had a navy blue dress on and the girls were in peach (?) and the other mum was in peach. I thought those photos looked very coordinated and especially nice. I would be more than happy to look half as lovely at my children's weddings. My 4 are aging me a lot faster than her 19. 

Didn't see the silver space suit... 

Yes, they're actually pretty good at coordinating. I'm willing to bet that she changed out of her MOG dress before that picture was taken. 

16 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

tumblr_pb96jlNWcp1uipssao1_500.png

I mean, I think the color's nice on her, don't get me wrong, but...yeah, this is very "oh, I just LOOOOOOVE African culture!!"

Looks like the "photographer" for this picture learned their "skills" from JRod!!!!! 

Sorry just realized that someone else already said this!!!!

8bdce5fc61f3c461ee86487ace46b62f.jpg

Ok, Michelle’s dress is a little better than the other one. But, why the “I just got caught in a rainstorm” hair?

Looks like Josh and Anna weren't in the wedding.  Its so nice to ask Anna to make the dresses when she isn't even in the wedding. . .

I'm sure the location of where they will be living has already been discussed, but I missed it. Any super sleuths on here know? In smuggar's video they expressed how happy they are that they will be "close by".  Not really surprised, but curious on if anyone knows. 

Joy looks great! And it looks like Austin was a groomsman.

I wonder which of the other Duggar girls were bridesmaids

Finally! Thank you @Kaylo

Joy looks so much like Jessa in that photo! Also she has lost a lot of weight. 

Bridesmaid dresses are kind of meh, giving me toga party vibes. 

This is an excellent step up for Michelle's wedding outfits but her hair, so scraggy. *Heidi Klum voice* It's just so sad looking. 

I didn't think even Michelle would have worn that red dress to her son's wedding.  The bridesmaid dress was not a good one for Joy Anna.  I a little concerned about the sleeves on Michelle's dress.

I need assistance double checking my facts. I added a category, Michelle’s Dress, to my quasi wedding spreadsheet. (It’s not a spreadsheet. It’s on scratch paper.)

SPOUSES:

Josh: Anna Renee Keller, Interlachen, FL, parents Mike and Suzette, 1 of 8 siblings 

John-David: Abbie Grace Burnett, Stratford, OK, parents John and Cheryll, 1 of 8 siblings 

Jill: Derick Michael Dillard, Rogers, AR, parents Cathy and Rick (deceased), Ronnie Byrum, 1 of 2 siblings 

Jessa: Benjamin Michael Seewald, Hot Springs, AR, parents Mike and Guinn, 1 of 7 siblings 

Jinger: Jeremy Joseph Vuolo, Downington, PA, then Laredo, TX, parents Charles “Chuck” and Diana, 1 of 3 siblings 

Joe: Kendra Renee Caldwell, Woodbridge, VA, outside DC, then AR, parents Paul and Christina, 1 of soon-to-be 8 siblings and possibly counting 

Josiah: Lauren Milagro Swanson, Milledgeville, GA, parents Dwain and Lana, 1 of 9 siblings and possibly counting 

Joy: Austin Martyn Forsyth, Combs, AR, Terry and Roxanne, 1 of 4 siblings, (1 whole, 2 half)

DRESSES:

Anna: A-line

Abbie: TBD

Jill: Fit and Flare

Jessa: Ball Gown

Jinger: A-line with massive train

Joe/Kendra: Ball Gown

Lauren: Mermaid

Austin: A-line

DATES:

Josh/Anna: September 26, 2008

John-David/Abbie: TBD

Jill/Derick: June 21, 2014

Jessa/Ben: November 1, 2014

Jinger/Jeremy: November 5, 2016

Joe/Kendra: September 8, 2017

Josiah/Lauren: June 30, 2018

Joy/Austin: May 26, 2017

BRIDESMAIDS:

Josh/Anna: Navy

Jill/Derick: Aqua

Jessa/Ben: Coral 

Jinger/Jeremy: 10 colors

Joe/Kendra: Pink

Josiah/Lauren: Blush

Joy/Austin: Navy

VENUE:

Josh/Anna: Buford Grove Baptist, Hilliard, FL

Jill/Derick: Cross Church, Springdale 

Jessa/Ben: First Baptist, Bentonville

Jinger/Jeremy: John Brown University, Cathedral of the Ozarks, Siloam Springs 

Joe/Kendra: First Baptist Church, Siloam Springs 

Josiah/Lauren: John Brown University, Cathedral of the Ozarks, Siloam Springs

Joy/Austin: Cross Church, Springdale

HONEYMOON:

Josh/Anna: Myrtle Beach, SC

John-David/Abbie: 

Jill/Derick: Outer Banks, NC

Jessa/Ben: Paris, France, and Italy

Jinger/Jeremy: Sydney, Australia 

Joe/Kendra: Greece

Josiah/Lauren: TBD

Joy/Austin: Israel and Switzerland

MICHELLE’S DRESS:

Josh/Anna: Navy or Black Maternity wear??

Jill/Derick: Silver Space Suit

Jessa/Ben: Royal Blue 

Jinger/Jeremy: Purple

Joe/Kendra: Navy Repeat

Josiah/Lauren: Pink

Joy/Austin: Navy Repeat

@Million Children For Jesus It all looks good to me except Austin has 2 half siblings (Brandon and Rachael) and I think the dress Michelle wore at Joy and Joe’s wedding wasn’t purple but navy. It was very similar to the purple one at Jinger’s though

oh and Jill and Derick’s wedding was the 21st not 2nd but I think that’s just a typo

I wonder if Jana and Anna aren’t in the wedding party because they are much older than Lauren and I’d imagine they aren’t terribly close. Kendra and Joy are close to her age, and frankly, I’d rather the girl pick her friends than feel obligated to include the whole fam. I’d bet that Jana and Anna volunteered to sew like others have hypothesized.

7 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

@Million Children For Jesus It all looks good to me except Austin has 2 half siblings (Brandon and Rachael) and I think the dress Michelle wore at Joy and Joe’s wedding wasn’t purple but navy. It was very similar to the purple one at Jinger’s though

oh and Jill and Derick’s wedding was the 21st not 2nd but I think that’s just a typo

Thanks!! I fixed the typo. I had no idea about Brandon. Do you know if he has children? I’ll add that to my in-laws “not-a-spreadsheet”. I’ll have to look at Michelle’s dress pics. It looked like the same dress three times. I guess that tells you how close I was paying attention. (Not close.)

Lauren had eight bridesmaids, Joshia has nine brothers ... it looks like Austin was in the wedding though so at least one more brother was not. Including everyone but Josh would have been a bit of a statement otherwise. 

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I can't remember a wedding I've been to where the MOB had long hair and it wasn't in an updo.

Welcome to my daughter's wedding, where this MOB had long hair and wore it down - and my daughter's request. My daughter also had "scraggly hair" according to some of yall. And my son-in-law wore a grey suit with brown shoes. Snark away. :) But you know what? She had a beautiful wedding, everyone loved the food and the music and the toasts and the dancing, and she's happy. That's what matters. 

Edit:  GryffindorDisappointment's stepmother also wore her hair down, and hers is longer than mine.

P.S. This photo contains three Slytherins plus GryffindorDisappointment. 

wed.jpg

Speaking as what used to be called a full-figured gal (size 38DDD) that combo of a high neckline, gathered bodice, and tight sash is REALLY gonna accentuate the bazongas.

Joy was on the busty side before her pregnancy, and once you add in the breastfeeding...  I hope she isn’t horrified when she sees the pictures. I have some pics of myself in a very snug tee shirt back when I was nursing my oldest that make me wince a bit when I see them now.  Major boobage. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived