IGNORED

Joy & Austin 23: Still Sticking Around

Jellybean

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My friend's mom is "2-Mommy" to her grands. I kinda like it.

My friends are Cha Cha, Gigi, 2nd mom. I think this is because they all had their kids very young and their kids had kids very young making them grandmothers in their late 30's and early 40's. I worked with a woman who was grandmother at 29, she was raising the grandbaby, like her grand mother raised her.  Very few people knew it was her granddaughter and not her daughter because she was SOO young, it was just easier for her to let people think she was the mom, she adopted the baby when she was 18 months old so legally she was mom.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

I packed a third floor unit and moved interstate two months after an emergency c section and did just fine. She will be fine too im sure, Joy has always come over fairly tough.

that's not the point. The point is that Joy didn't want to move that early and Austin couldn't give a shit about his wife or new born baby. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

that's not the point. The point is that Joy didn't want to move that early and Austin couldn't give a shit about his wife or new born baby. 

I would hard say he couldn't give a shit, we saw ONE, 5 second conversation between them on the topic, AND they didn't move for 4 months after the baby was born. So This all of a sudden Austin is a fucking monster thing is a blown WAY out of proportion. What he said in ONE MOMENT, and what they actually talked about & did were two very different things.  

42 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I would hard say he couldn't give a shit, we saw ONE, 5 second conversation between them on the topic, AND they didn't move for 4 months after the baby was born. So This all of a sudden Austin is a fucking monster thing is a blown WAY out of proportion. What he said in ONE MOMENT, and what they actually talked about & did were two very different things.  

Plus, Austin has zero experience of babies whereas Joy has been around plenty; he probably thought that since a newborn is only about 20" long and entirely helpless, that it's easy to get on with life as normal when you have one. The fact that they did end up staying longer shows that maybe he came round to her point of view of what's achievable with a baby.

I knew a woman who planned to learn a new language in all the free time her maternity leave would give her. It's so easy to assume this stuff's a breeze until you're in the midst of it.

As for the not moving until 4 months, couldn't that also have to do with how long it takes to close?  We signed on our house in February, moved in April.  Thats not that uncommon.   

56 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

I knew a woman who planned to learn a new language in all the free time her maternity leave would give her. It's so easy to assume this stuff's a breeze until you're in the midst of it.

I was the idiot who thought I could probably make a baby quilt while on mat leave. I didn't have birth to recover from (son is adopted) but whooooo doggie was I wrong.

My parents are a lesbian couple so my sons have 3 grandmothers who chose the names Grandmother, Grandma, and Grammy. It has worked out well and we all know who we are talking about. 

I asked my teenager if it was embarrassing to have his lesbian grandparents show up for school events (when I was a kid it was mortifying, but then of course all parents were embarrassing, right?). He said, “MOM! It’s 2018 and NO ONE CARES!”

My husband's parents are Grandma and Grandpa, my mom was called Grannie before she passed away, and my ex husband's parents are Manna and Puppa. 

I know someone (mother’s best friend niece) who’s kids call her father Dad first name.  She has 3 kids with partner and he’s the only grandparent in their lives. 

DFO has some photos of Kendra for her birthday yesterday, and there’s one with Joy. Joy looks great - possibly thinner than before she got married, and dressed very nicely.

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

DFO has some photos of Kendra for her birthday yesterday, and there’s one with Joy. Joy looks great - possibly thinner than before she got married, and dressed very nicely.

I believe you are talking of this picture. When it was taken is a bit in the air though since the pics they posted were a mixture of times. 

39061402_1366393726827606_30018402218525

I think that might be an old picture. Joy’s hair looks like it did a couple years ago, not like it has recently. I could be totally wrong though!

I agree that this seems like an older picture. I can't zoom in on my laptop but doesn't it look like Joy only has an engagement ring on and not a wedding ring? That's why I think it's from before she got married. 

Yeah, it makes sense that it’s an older picture. That’s what I get for posting at one in the morning.

the first fifteen seconds of this show what Jostin think of as a baby moon. the last 15 are just talking about how the mini birth episode will be aired on tv. 

My sister had a friend who had kids super young, and she watched them a lot for him while they were in high school. The little boy called our mom "mymama", meant in a Grandma-ish way, because my sister would tell him "go show my Mama", or "go tell my Mama", or whatever. It was cute.

My son is the first grand kid on my side of the family. He calls my parents MomMom and PopPop.. actually all the grandkids do, lol. My mom wanted to be "Gamma", that's what she wrote in the books she bought him while I was was pregnant, etc, but he had other plans. My dad I don't think cared too much, but when he was feeling jerky (even before there were grandkids), he would suggest they be called Mops and Pops, because he knew it annoyed my mom (they're divorced)

My inlaws died when their kids were young (my ex was 11 when his mom died, and 17 when his dad died, and his brother is 2 years older.), so they never met any of their grandkids.

8 hours ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

my ex was 11 when his mom died, and 17 when his dad died, and his brother is 2 years older

My gosh - how awful for them. :(

3 hours ago, freedomfromfrumpers said:

Just watched today's ep online ... I just can't even with these two.   Can  Not  At  ALL

yes lets go on a frozen lake with a very pregnant woman that sounds safe and sane after all. :pb_rollseyes:

These two truly strike me as dimwitted and I'm trying to be polite. 

Their saving grace is that they appear to understand hard work and don't like being in the public eye which limits what they post online in terms of their opinions and dumb things they do like this baby moon. If they were as prolific online as the Dillards I'm sure they'd be grating on our last nerve as well.

I wonder if Hannie wanted to be there for the baby’s birth, or Joy invited her? Joy said she had never been to a birth. Maybe she wanted to give her sister that experience to help prepare her. 

It wasn't a lake it was a pond, HUGE difference. they were fine, frozen but fine. That said I agree these two are very young and very dumb.  But that is the goal keep the stupid, keep them Republican. And that is really what it is all about.  Gothard  was building his army for power and control, breed like rabbits keep them poor stupid. and keep them away from others and finally there will be more of them than there are of us.  Or something crazy like that. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It didn't even look like either were having fun. 

Hugely pregnant, sick, outdoors, in winter? Do the Math.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived