IGNORED

Joy & Austin 23: Still Sticking Around

Jellybean

In all honesty - the babymoon had nothing to do with camping. They stayed in a really nice hut - more glamping if you want. 

They do bicker a lot at each other, but it seems to be completely mutual and they are not the first couple who bickers all the time. Some are just like that. 

I even didn’t think too bad about his house flipping timeline. Yes, he insisted on the two months in front of the cameras and yes, I wonder why they hadn’t worked out a timeline for selling together beforehand, but I got the impression that Joy just waited till they were at home to bring the topic up again. Maybe she did in the TH as well but TLC cut it? We will never know. I sure as hell wouldn’t let a tv crew film a disagreement with my husband. I would definitely wait till we are alone. If he would listen to her and the result being a mutual decision is a different question. My guess is - it would still be his decision but she is „allowed“ to phrase her concerns etc (so much wrong with this I can’t even).

In the end the house sold later. I have no idea if it took that long or if they put it on the market later.

Making serious assumptions about someone’s character based on the hearsay of others is rather negligent in my opinion.

I can see Joy (and Austin too) being over the whole not-so-sweet-lots-of-bickering attitude they portrait right now in a few years time. Hopefully as both grow and change the will be able to do it together. Which I actually wish every couple because we all change all the time over the years.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't get the Austin hate either. I just watched the latest show, and all I see is two dumb kids bickering at each other, in an almost playful way. I don't see him being hostile or aggressive. I don't know where it is coming from other than mob mentality.  

I don't think it mob mentality as much as what you expect in relationships. I know many people who bicker like that in real life and love each  other, it's normal for some. I just think if that's how he is on camera then imagine off camera. Also I had an ex that would bicker in public and people thought it was light hearted then he'd push me down a flight of stair when we got home because I disagreed with him. You just never know, my personal red flags went up. I don't think anyone is right or wrong I think it's a matter of opinion and what your boundaries in relationships are. 

Here's the Instagram post of Joy's chores:

I'm sorry, but that post is just so... sad? depressing? Maybe she's trying to be relatable (busy first time mom etc), but do you really have to write down doing the dishes and the laundry? I don't get it, it's not like you'd forget to do those things if you did not write them down. They are right in front of you!!

And those pictures of the folded laundry... reminds me of Jill. Complete social media fail. Sorry, not sorry.

I put the simple things like laundry and dishes on my to do list... makes it even more satisfying when i do it because I can cross it off :) 

I like to do lists but I wouldn't post it on social media lol. Now if she posted something like "so many chores to get done but they're only little once. Gideon is growing up so fast the dishes can wait!" Then then only posted the last pic with Gideon and maybe a selfie with the two of them- then it would've been received much better 

9 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

I'm sorry, but that post is just so... sad? depressing? Maybe she's trying to be relatable (busy first time mom etc), but do you really have to write down doing the dishes and the laundry? I don't get it, it's not like you'd forget to do those things if you did not write them down. They are right in front of you!!

Hahahahahaha, oh how I wish. Yes, I would definitely forget to do those things if I didn't write them down. In fact, writing them down isn't even a guarantee that I'll remember to do them! And some people just find making to-do lists and checking everything off very helpful, whether they'd forget otherwise or not. I don't see how this is sad or depressing at all. Everyone has to do chores, lots of people make to-do lists, it's a pretty common thing.

Also, I didn't really get the spelling of 'vacuum' down until I was in probably my late 20s, and I'm an intelligent person with a university degree, so, you know... I'm going to cut her some slack there too.

40 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Hahahahahaha, oh how I wish. Yes, I would definitely forget to do those things if I didn't write them down. In fact, writing them down isn't even a guarantee that I'll remember to do them! And some people just find making to-do lists and checking everything off very helpful, whether they'd forget otherwise or not. I don't see how this is sad or depressing at all. Everyone has to do chores, lots of people make to-do lists, it's a pretty common thing.

Also, I didn't really get the spelling of 'vacuum' down until I was in probably my late 20s, and I'm an intelligent person with a university degree, so, you know... I'm going to cut her some slack there too.

I love writing lists down to keep me organized, only problem is I lose the list or forget it, and then I'm just SOL. :pb_lol: And yes you can forget to wash the dishes when you are busy, You can forget to eat, shower, all kinds of stuff, even as a SAHM, I've done it, you would think SAHM have all kinds of free time, they don't, even with one kid, things get crazy some times. Babies are all consuming time and energy sucking things. It is easy to forget how much goes into the day to day care of a child, a home yourself and your spouse.

It's not that there's anything wrong with the list or not being able to spell "vacuum," but it is kind of a weird thing to post. Especially with the misspelling; I'd probably just rewrite it before showing anyone. :pb_lol:

Yeah, you know what, I'm just going to say it: this is straight up BEC nonsense.

I love my to do lists but I do add the most basic stupid stuff to it too. I wouldn't post it online though, or want anyone seeing it just because it is so laughable and pathetic. Firstly, I am so scatty, and also my brain is always in overdrive thinking of 200 things I need to do.  Then I get completely overwhelmed and panicked that I just shut down and can't do anything. The list, even adding the most stupid basic things, just unloads them off my mind somewhat and helps me focus. And all those everyday jobs can take so much time too. So if at the end of the day I feel totally unproductive and got nothing done, by ticking everyday living tasks off the list, I can see that I wasn't lazy and that yeah, this is what I was so busy at all day.

37 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I love writing lists down to keep me organized, only problem is I lose the list or forget it, and then I'm just SOL. :pb_lol: And yes you can forget to wash the dishes when you are busy, You can forget to eat, shower, all kinds of stuff, even as a SAHM, I've done it, you would think SAHM have all kinds of free time, they don't, even with one kid, things get crazy some times. Babies are all consuming time and energy sucking things. It is easy to forget how much goes into the day to day care of a child, a home yourself and your spouse.

When I write to do lists I forget to look at them :pb_lol:

Nothing can beat the Dillard threads for BEC:pb_lol: (And after taking a look, it's classic BEC over there, which is totally understandable after that picture!)

In this case it's somewhat of an unusual choice for social media, that's all. I don't get the point of posting it, like I don't get the point of posting a lot of things on social media, but that doesn't mean I think badly of people who do post such things.

35 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

I love my to do lists but I do add the most basic stupid stuff to it too. I wouldn't post it online though, or want anyone seeing it just because it is so laughable and pathetic. Firstly, I am so scatty, and also my brain is always in overdrive thinking of 200 things I need to do.  Then I get completely overwhelmed and panicked that I just shut down and can't do anything. The list, even adding the most stupid basic things, just unloads them off my mind somewhat and helps me focus. And all those everyday jobs can take so much time too. So if at the end of the day I feel totally unproductive and got nothing done, by ticking everyday living tasks off the list, I can see that I wasn't lazy and that yeah, this is what I was so busy at all day.

Hi. Are you me? Thread drift on to do lists would make my Wednesday!

34 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Me too. I recently started bullet journaling and that has helped a lot. I don't do the fancy artful journals that people with a lot of time on their hands do, but I keep lists of things and do logs and it helps. Sometimes I am tired and don't want to clean dishes and normally I would just push that aside, but since I wrote down "dishes" I am more inclined to do it.

@artdecades I keep meaning to start a bullet journal, but I never know where or  how to start. I am not artistic and I hate the thought of wrecking a pretty notebook with my messy, chaotic scribbles. The ones I see online on pinterest look picture perfect!

I sat down about a week ago to start a travel journal as I was still day dreaming constantly about the great trip I had to New York. But I just came up blank and couldn't start it. I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm too much of a perfectionist, and too high standards of what I accept of myself. It will end up looking a mess, and I'll be annoyed with myself. 

I also can't stop buying pretty stationary so I have so many lovely notebooks that I really need to make use of.

4 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

@artdecades I keep meaning to start a bullet journal, but I never know where or  how to start. I am not artistic and I hate the thought of wrecking a pretty notebook with my messy, chaotic scribbles. The ones I see online on pinterest look picture perfect!

I sat down about a week ago to start a travel journal as I was still day dreaming constantly about the great trip I had to New York. But I just came up blank and couldn't start it. I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm too much of a perfectionist, and too high standards of what I accept of myself. It will end up looking a mess, and I'll be annoyed with myself. 

I also can't stop buying pretty stationary so I have so many lovely notebooks that I really need to make use of.

are you me? 

I think the same thing. I am a list taker big time - always have a to do list going for work - generally have one for home too. Kept in a notebook so pages don't wander off. Even started a notebook for all the stuff I have to deal with regarding my son. 
And I see bullet journals and they're GORGEOUS. But I feel like I would screw them up or be so paralyzed by wanting it to be perfect - I'd never actually do it.
And a friend bought a fancy pricey planner that is a thing of beauty too but I worry I'd never actually use it. 

So - plain old notebooks for me. (but I'm picky about brand, it has to be a black pen and my to do lists have to start on the left hand page....)

@Imaginary_Wonderland and @Meggo I thought the same thing about bullet journals. I didn't know where to start and I was very intimidated by the fancy ones I saw online. It wasn't until a colleague did a presentation on them as an organizational tool during a staff meeting that I decided to try it. I started mine with a free notebook I got at a conference. It doesn't have to be fancy. In fact, she recommended to start cheap to see if you like it instead of investing. Mine is the most basic you can get. I have the bullet journal concepts all there (index, year at a glance, monthly log, daily log, and key with symbols. I even have some extras like a sleep log and tasks for volunteers at work.) but no fancy art or penmanship. Mine is utilitarian and it serves me fine.

I make daily lists, along with weekly lists, and monthly lists, and yearly lists.

And shopping lists.

And bucket lists.

And house renovation project lists (including timelines).

And I have the anylist app on my phone with even more lists.

I'm not gonna diss my list-sister-Joy over a list, no matter how mundane. I've had more mundane lists than hers (but I do know how to spell vacuum, although I'm not gonna pick on her over that either).

I, too, am a list lover! I absolutely write down things like doing dishes. I take it one step further. Like this:

Dishes

-unload clean

-reload dirty

- handwash

My favorite part is checking things off.  If I’m having a hard time getting motivated, making a list is a big help.  My grocery lists are helpful, when I remember to take them. But I’ve also called home and had someone send me a pic of my forgotten list so that works sometimes too.

eta: Do not think I’ve ever posted a list on social media though.

• List making helps me with anxiety. 
  • Some days, I don't need to do it at all.
  • Other days I have absolutely put things on my list as mundane as showering and making my bed.
  • I got all but one thing crossed off my list today! 

Also, I laughed when I saw her misspelled "vacuum"---only because that is one of my trouble words.  :my_blush: I have an English degree and am normally an excellent speller!  But vacuum--that's just weird.:chores-vacuum:

I laughed at the way vacuum was written then fixed because that's the way it looks every time I write it. Every. Time.

I hate lists. I used to do massive lists of things to do in university and have a schedule. Then I'd forget about it or just plain ignore it. I have not changed. The only thing I will do with a list is ignore it. 

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Also, I laughed when I saw her misspelled "vacuum"---only because that is one of my trouble words.  :my_blush: I have an English degree and am normally an excellent speller!  But vacuum--that's just weird.

I'm an excellent speller as well, but "vacuum" has always been one of those weird words for me too. Finally realized that the two u's sort of match how the word is pronounced!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived