IGNORED

Joy & Austin 23: Still Sticking Around

Jellybean

So I had a dream last night and I don't remember all of it, but I remember that I was hanging out at JoStin's house because we were all going to go to some event together.  While we were waiting, we talked about education (like I said, I don't remember the specifics of the dream but I remember trying to subtly suggest that they send Gid to public school and they seemed receptive to the idea, or at least didn't immediately dismiss it out of hand).  Then Austin left before Joy and me for some reason, so I asked Joy if she wanted to split a Lyft to the event.  In my dream, it was apparently a thing that Lyft drivers would give you alcoholic drinks if you specified in the app that you wanted them, so I asked Joy if she wanted a drink and she told me that she had always been curious what alcohol tasted like, so why not? I suggested that I thought she would probably like wine the most, so she should try that.  The last thing I remember before waking up is thinking "man, I really need to tell FJ about this whole experience, but I can't post about it because it was so specific that if they were lurking here, they would know it was me." 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/24/2018 at 6:56 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

It is. We are constantly trashed as being stupid, uneducated, slow, toothless, dirty, poor... We all live in shacks without indoor plumbing, we eat weird food, we have no idea what's in the outside world... 

And:

Gideon is FINE in that Bumbo chair - if, as it appears, the vehicle is parked and they're having lunch.

In the Midwest, we have nothing but corn and cows, all live on farms, have no cities and are 100% fundamentalist Trump supporters.

This was actually explained to me by some young know it all on Twitter this week when I suggested that, no, farmers don't like Trump's tariffs or his bail out plan to make up for the tariff mess. I found the corn part a bit ironic as the situation Ms. KnowsEverything was addressing pertains to soybean farmers. 

French Canadians: we are shifty mofos, evil scary creatures with a bizarre language and culture (read: non-WASP) out to destroy the entire country.

Luckily for me I was born in (English) Ontario and we're mostly anglicized (I can't even speak French - well, not fluently, anyway) so I've only gotten like 20% of the hate over the years. :my_rolleyes: I've gotten like 98% of the hate from Quebecois pissing on the anglos, though. :pb_lol:

I'll admit that there are photos of me doing renovations and demolition on the house I live in now.... in flip flops. Obviously not the best idea but I can't snark on Joy for it. I'd stop by during breaks from studying for the bar exam and stay longer and do more than intended.

Newfoundland: Stupid Newfie, ignorant, backward, on welfare, always drunk, friendly though, nicest people you will ever meet. 

Lovely! 

1 hour ago, nst said:

according to pickles joy is pregnant based on a photo and that Gideon is on formula

Her speculation is dubious at best.  Joy is sitting awkwardly between Austin and James, so that may be what's causing the 'bump'.  Also, who knows what's in Gideon's bottle....even if it is formula, maybe she's just supplementing.  

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Her speculation is dubious at best.  Joy is sitting awkwardly between Austin and James, so that may be what's causing the 'bump'.  Also, who knows what's in Gideon's bottle....even if it is formula, maybe she's just supplementing.  

Or maybe she pumped breast milk.

That Pickles speculation just irritates me.

Joy had a c-section 5 months ago. Maybe she, like many others, just hasn’t sprung back to a flat stomach? Plus, like stated above, she’s sitting weirdly on Austin, which may add to the illusion. 

Gideon drinking from a bottle could also  be due to so many non-pregnancy-related things, such as:

1. He was drinking pumped breastmilk (maybe Joy didn’t want to breastfeed in public, etc). 

2. He drinks formula to supplement breastmilk.

3. Joy had problems with breastfeeding for some reason (which could be anything from low-supply to latch issues to mastitis), so Gideon drinks formula.

4. Joy never intended to breastfeed. (My sister fell under this category - she struggles with anxiety and knew that breastfeeding would be a trigger for it, so she planned to formula feed from the beginning).  

Pickles is such an effing hypocrite. Here's the cover photo of her Facebook group:

28827741_1509877089111095_49662348924451

'Don't spread false stories or rumors'

'Be Kind and Smart'

'Let's bring civility back to social media and the world one post at a time'

lol sure.

22 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Pickles is such an effing hypocrite. Here's the cover photo of her Facebook group:

28827741_1509877089111095_49662348924451

'Don't spread false stories or rumors'

'Be Kind and Smart'

'Let's bring civility back to social media and the world one post at a time'

lol sure.

And she makes sure to namedrop FJ...lol.

The 'no gay speculation' kills me.  She's commented several times about Jana and Laura being 'together'.

Pickles has no sense. There are a million things that could cause a "bump" that isn't pregnancy. Good thing she doesn't see me now after my very nutritious lunch of pizza, cheesy bread, garlic fingers, and pineapple pop; she'd speculate triplets, named Pizza, Pineapple, and Pop of course! 

1 hour ago, Mayluka said:

That Pickles speculation just irritates me.

Joy had a c-section 5 months ago. Maybe she, like many others, just hasn’t sprung back to a flat stomach? Plus, like stated above, she’s sitting weirdly on Austin, which may add to the illusion. 

Gideon drinking from a bottle could also  be due to so many non-pregnancy-related things, such as:

1. He was drinking pumped breastmilk (maybe Joy didn’t want to breastfeed in public, etc). 

2. He drinks formula to supplement breastmilk.

3. Joy had problems with breastfeeding for some reason (which could be anything from low-supply to latch issues to mastitis), so Gideon drinks formula.

4. Joy never intended to breastfeed. (My sister fell under this category - she struggles with anxiety and knew that breastfeeding would be a trigger for it, so she planned to formula feed from the beginning).  

5. He could be intolerant to breastmilk and needs some special formula. 

On 7/24/2018 at 9:38 AM, freethemall said:

The one culture people feel safe trashing? I beg to differ:

New Jersey is called the armpit of America, shows like Jersey Shore and Real Housewives have given it the stereotype of everyone from there being trashy.

Mid-West area, "flyover states" are made fun of for accents and strange/unhealthy food that is heavy on the jello and mayo. Also parts are seen as being meth lab country.

Boston is summed up in popular culture via the accent, see Casey Affleck on SNL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSvNhxKJJyU

California is seen as being all crunchy hippies who hang out by the beach, or else Clueless valley girls. I can't cite one SNL skit without citing this one as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jIBZjL8G5s

Many conservatives in the South see the West and East Coasts as being full of elitist liberals, that's not a nice stereotype other.

I could go on and on.

So yeah, I don't like stereotypes either but am calling it the Southern victimization game, that kind of thinking that "everyone is against us and our culture" is at the root of American culture wars.

Yea I'm also going to have to disagree that Southern culture is the only one it's "okay" to mock this day and age. My husband's Asian, and I can't even count the number of people who have said racist things about Asians to me because they were unaware of that fact. People have also yelled out racial slurs to me when I was with him in public. Before that, I may have agreed that Southern culture is the only one it's okay to make fun of. Before that, I was insulated in white privelage that made me think the US really isn't that racist. Now? Trust me, you can make fun of a lot of races and cultures in this day and age and get away with it.  The only difference is that if you're a person of color, it's not just a mean joke. You also get the discrimination and sometimes violence that goes with it. 

17 minutes ago, BernRul said:

Yea I'm also going to have to disagree that Southern culture is the only one it's "okay" to mock this day and age. My husband's Asian, and I can't even count the number of people who have said racist things about Asians to me because they were unaware of that fact. People have also yelled out racial slurs to me when I was with him in public. Before that, I may have agreed that Southern culture is the only one it's okay to make fun of. Before that, I was insulated in white privelage that made me think the US really isn't that racist. Now? Trust me, you can make fun of a lot of races and cultures in this day and age and get away with it.  The only difference is that if you're a person of color, it's not just a mean joke. You also get the discrimination and sometimes violence that goes with it. 

I think it's more that even liberals who think mocking other cultures is wrong will still find it acceptable to mock southern people for things like their accent. I've seen it on FJ many times. And when people point it out you always get others saying things like "Well, people think that in my area we all love blue cheese!" (I'm making up a fake stereotype!), which isn't exactly the same thing.  :pb_lol:

But overall I agree, there is still a ton of racism even out in the open. I can't count how many disgustingly racist things I've heard people say about Latinos when I was growing up, for example. It might be increasingly unacceptable to mock certain groups in the media, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen all the time in everyday life. People mocking southerners definitely doesn't even compare to the discrimination that ethnic minorities experience.

4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I think it's more that even liberals who think mocking other cultures is wrong will still find it acceptable to mock southern people for things like their accent. I've seen it on FJ many times. And when people point it out you always get others saying things like "Well, people think that in my area we all love blue cheese!" (I'm making up a fake stereotype!), which isn't exactly the same thing.  :pb_lol:

Yes, this is exactly what I meant. In the media, on here, in my corner of the west coast - it’s “safe” to have really mean, negative, stereotypes of the U.S. South, that just wouldn’t’t fly about any other demographic. And it’s socially acceptable to denigrate things like foods - which people would not do if it was a food specific to other cultures / locations / groups. 

13 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Yes, this is exactly what I meant. In the media, on here, in my corner of the west coast - it’s “safe” to have really mean, negative, stereotypes of the U.S. South, that just wouldn’t’t fly about any other demographic. And it’s socially acceptable to denigrate things like foods - which people would not do if it was a food specific to other cultures / locations / groups. 

But they still do it about other groups. 2 Broke Girls and The Big Bang Theory are two off the top of my head examples of it being okay to make fun of Asians. Not to mention the stereotypes about Latinos and Middle Eastern people that still populate media. I honestly don't get why some people here are acting like Southern stereotypes are the only stereotypes allowed nowadays. But even if that was the case, at least they aren't being actively discriminated against like people of color, which I know from personal experience. 

Yeah I kinda blasted a bit on Pickles. Like the way she puts it was very BEC. Joy is, without fat shaming her, of a stockier build than some of her sisters. So she's automatically pregnant again because she had a large baby via c-section (possibly separating her abdominal muscles) and might still be carrying a bit of postpartum pooch 5 months later? Talk about shallow!! And it's very likely shes wearing this dress, which will show any belly short of a perfect 6 pack.  Middle wolfie owns 2 of these and they are light, soft, and insanely comfortable. 

Screenshot_20180730-001325_Chrome.thumb.jpg.47fed0e146749ec56cd0eba548646d61.jpg

I'd more inclined to snark that Gideon is strapped into the carseat feeding himself rather than somebody holding/snuggling him. What is it with the Duggar girls with leaving kids in the damn carseat??

On 7/24/2018 at 7:45 PM, rainbowbabycakes said:

20140725094722697_0001.jpg

Sorry, a dime and a half too late, but “OKAY?” made me do an actual spit take

25 minutes ago, habert said:

Sorry, a dime and a half too late, but “OKAY?” made me do an actual spit take

UH, wisconsin is by no means the wiser cousin of MN>

On 7/29/2018 at 9:28 AM, Carm_88 said:

Newfoundland: Stupid Newfie, ignorant, backward, on welfare, always drunk, friendly though, nicest people you will ever meet. 

Lovely! 

If only they knew how great the people and that rock is. 

I hate stereotypes. I have heard plenty about Newfoundland in this city I live in Alberta. I once told someone I used to live next to a fish plant/wharf, so I must have eaten fish for every meal. 

On 7/29/2018 at 12:17 PM, Carm_88 said:

Pickles has no sense. There are a million things that could cause a "bump" that isn't pregnancy. Good thing she doesn't see me now after my very nutritious lunch of pizza, cheesy bread, garlic fingers, and pineapple pop; she'd speculate triplets, named Pizza, Pineapple, and Pop of course! 

Pineapple pop! :my_heart:

On 7/29/2018 at 2:52 PM, BernRul said:

I am in small-town Ontario and people say the stupidest things to me about my husband.

Is he from North or South Korea? (Really? Really?)

Has his English gotten better? (Ask him, you dumb fuck!)

What does he eat?  (Um...food, just like you.)

Oh, and just this month:

Is his pubic hair straight?

13 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Is his pubic hair straight?

Who wants to know this about someone?

I’d like to know as little as possible about other peoples pubic hairs actually. 

15 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

What does he eat?  (Um...food, just like you.)

That sounds like he is a rare pet, like a lizard or an alpaca :tw_dragon:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived