IGNORED

Lori Alexander 44: Ken Galloping Off on the Horse of Truth The Feminists Are Coming!

23 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Can someone tell me what Lori has against "Jesus Calling"?  Also what is wrong with "The Shack"? I saw the movie and thought it was great.

Lori and the fangirls don't seem to realize that not everyone is on the same level spiritually. There are those who have been saved for years and are mature in their faith who can handle deeper Bible study.  Then there are new believers who need "milk" or simpler study of the word.  Maybe some new believers need a "watered down" version until they can handle more.

Joyce Meyer compared it to a bunch of pregnant women who are all at different stages in pregnancy. We are at different stages in our walk with the Lord.  

My husband keeps the message  simple on Sunday mornings so everyone can understand and get something out of it. Wednesday night Bible study is where he goes deeper. 

I read The Shack a few years ago.  I didn't enjoy it because of the subject matter involving their daughter - that was a major trigger for me. But I think what Lori doesn't like is one of many things.  God is portrayed as an older, African American woman, the Holy Spirit is a woman, it also seems to imply (or maybe actually states, it's been a while since I read it) that maybe the non-Christian faiths might also be on the right track in some ways.  Reasons like that.  I don't know why she wouldn't like Jesus Calling, Mr. Briefly has a copy but I don't think either of us have ever read it, it was a gift from someone I think.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

356F78F9-A807-4C90-96B3-09F506A92ECA.thumb.png.8bc59f10db0294c0257ac2fd6d4de288.png

Spoiler

2229E523-2AC8-4D56-8ED7-3CB8A47D3A2F.thumb.png.b578bdd67f3c31b0c374d49bb4d6f2f5.png

I hope I did that right (the spoiler boxes). 

She has no clue how privileged she is exerting her right to not vote. As Christians, we have a responsibility to be politically and socially engaged, and to work towards policies that promote the greater good. We don’t ignore the marginalized and we don’t turn a blind eye. 

I have a completely different definition of  set apart. 

Oh- and for the comment about not preaching with conviction so as to avoid chasing off the tithers- a few years ago, our church had an invitation only meeting on a Friday night. DH and I were included. We were a small group- representing about 100 families. We were identified as the regular tithers- 100 families our of a church with 1500 adults present every Sunday. I was surprised by who was there (DH and I gave regularly but our 10% was modest) and I was surprised by who wasn’t there. The perception is that people tithe consistently but the reality is they don’t. So that assertion is incorrect. 

Here is a quick link: https://www.sharefaith.com/blog/2015/12/facts-christians-tithing/ 

2 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I read The Shack a few years ago.  I didn't enjoy it because of the subject matter involving their daughter - that was a major trigger for me. But I think what Lori doesn't like is one of many things.  God is portrayed as an older, African American woman, the Holy Spirit is a woman, it also seems to imply (or maybe actually states, it's been a while since I read it) that maybe the non-Christian faiths might also be on the right track in some ways.  Reasons like that.  I don't know why she wouldn't like Jesus Calling, Mr. Briefly has a copy but I don't think either of us have ever read it, it was a gift from someone I think.

I read The Shack but found it difficult because of the daughter. I have not read Jesus Calling. I did read The Best Yes and I attended a small group about it- I found it convicting because I am a yes girl and a go to- with friends, family, at work, at church, etc. I like to be helpful and dependable. My husband is a yes man. This means that we juggle too many things at one time and live in a constant state of motion. But the book helped me pull back from that and I’ve also helped him process things before a default yes. We are far from perfect but we are more intentional. 

Ken chimed in on the Facebook comments of today's post.

He says:

Satan is the one who authors confusion and bullying, and he will indeed infiltrate relationships where a wife allows herself to be bullied in the name of submission. 

See what he did there? If a husband is bullying his wife, it's:

Satan's fault (for authoring bullying, whatever the fuck that means)

The wife's fault (for allowing herself to be bullied)

It seems everyone (except of course, the husband) is to blame.

Ken goes on to say:

And it is indeed that vulnerability that takes the relationship to a higher level of love and intimate connection. As has been seen in our marriage

Oh, Ken.  I can absolutely positively 100% assure you that no one wants the kind of hellish marriage you and Lori have.  God forbid.

Regarding bullying, he says:

This is not the norm or rule as the opponents would have all believe, but yes, it can happen, and these wives do indeed need to see it for what it is and seek help, as you coach them to do. 

Seek help, he says?  As Lori "coaches" them to do?  Please.

Let's forget Lori for a minute, and take a look at what Ken himself says about emotional abuse:

just because a wife is emotionally abused does not mean she should leave her man or take him to the elders, or separate.

Who then, would he suggest a wife go to?  He's very clear that she shouldn't leave, separate, or even go to the church for help.  Kind of leaves her low on options, doesn't it Ken??

I have a question, Ken.  What qualifications do you to advise emotionally abused women?

This Ray person seems very.... strange..... I read his most recent comments and man, Lori certainly attracts the weirdest, most concerning types of people. 

7 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

This Ray person seems very.... strange..... I read his most recent comments and man, Lori certainly attracts the weirdest, most concerning types of people. 

She seems to attract a lot of incel, red pill, MRA types, which I guess makes sense as she also hates women and thinks everything is their fault.

7 minutes ago, Curious said:

She seems to attract a lot of incel, red pill, MRA types, which I guess makes sense as she also hates women and thinks everything is their fault.

I just learned about the incel today for the first time. And I've been hearing more about the red pill people. I'm tempted to research but worried about what I'll find. 

1 minute ago, Sarah92 said:

I just learned about the incel today for the first time. And I've been hearing more about the red pill people. I'm tempted to research but worried about what I'll find. 

If one were interested, one could check our NSFW forum and find a thread where an incel guy visited us a few years ago.   I don't want to link to it because it makes google cry, but it's the 4th post down and the forum is listed under archived topical threads.

If Ken wants to change the child's mood and make the child laugh, why doesn't Ken just stand there and make funny faces til the child laughs?

There would be no tickling torture and no pervy overtones.

Plus, that might give the child some fond memories. Win/Win

(I hate being tickled and doing so to me might end up with the tickler getting a punch to the nose.)

11 hours ago, Frog99 said:
  Hide contents

356F78F9-A807-4C90-96B3-09F506A92ECA.thumb.png.8bc59f10db0294c0257ac2fd6d4de288.png

Hide contents

2229E523-2AC8-4D56-8ED7-3CB8A47D3A2F.thumb.png.b578bdd67f3c31b0c374d49bb4d6f2f5.png

I hope I did that right (the spoiler boxes). 

She has no clue how privileged she is exerting her right to not vote. As Christians, we have a responsibility to be politically and socially engaged, and to work towards policies that promote the greater good. We don’t ignore the marginalized and we don’t turn a blind eye. 

I have a completely different definition of  set apart. 

Oh- and for the comment about not preaching with conviction so as to avoid chasing off the tithers- a few years ago, our church had an invitation only meeting on a Friday night. DH and I were included. We were a small group- representing about 100 families. We were identified as the regular tithers- 100 families our of a church with 1500 adults present every Sunday. I was surprised by who was there (DH and I gave regularly but our 10% was modest) and I was surprised by who wasn’t there. The perception is that people tithe consistently but the reality is they don’t. So that assertion is incorrect. 

Here is a quick link: https://www.sharefaith.com/blog/2015/12/facts-christians-tithing/ 

I read The Shack but found it difficult because of the daughter. I have not read Jesus Calling. I did read The Best Yes and I attended a small group about it- I found it convicting because I am a yes girl and a go to- with friends, family, at work, at church, etc. I like to be helpful and dependable. My husband is a yes man. This means that we juggle too many things at one time and live in a constant state of motion. But the book helped me pull back from that and I’ve also helped him process things before a default yes. We are far from perfect but we are more intentional. 

Women who "where" crazy costumes ... women who WHERE crazy COSTUMES?!?! 

I'd really like to know how this happened ...

And hauty attitudes? Are we talking "haute-y," as in, these women are fashion models, or "haughty," like they're snotty Lori? 

My lord, I hope this woman doesn't HS her kids.*

(I have nothing against HSing, mind you -- I did it for 7 years myself. But, you know, I'm literate even if I'm a heathen.)

9 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Eh, it really isn't worth it imho. They have some disgusting subreddits where they feel sorry for each other and call women whores and men in happy relationships betas and other bs like that. It is a very depressing read, and sometimes outright disgusting (some of them condone rape, shootings - if the shooter is white and incel...). I try not to read them anymore, they make me sick, I dislike them more than fundies. They suck in young boys insecure about their looks, heigth or ethncity and turn them into horrible people.

15 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Eh, it really isn't worth it imho. They have some disgusting subreddits where they feel sorry for each other and call women whores and men in happy relationships betas and other bs like that. It is a very depressing read, and sometimes outright disgusting (some of them condone rape, shootings - if the shooter is white and incel...). I try not to read them anymore, they make me sick, I dislike them more than fundies. They suck in young boys insecure about their looks, heigth or ethncity and turn them into horrible people.

I accidentally stumbled over a redpill subreddit like that but it was for women. Redpill women. 

6 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I accidentally stumbled over a redpill subreddit like that but it was for women. Redpill women. 

I feel tempted to check it out but I promised myself not to read anything like that again. They are all so toxic.

Lori's sex post today is going to bring out all her fan boys. 

I am betting she is going to delete this. I feel so bad for her. 

racheldingler.PNG

I think it's interesting that whenever Lori writes about wives denying their husbands. . . she gets lots of posts from women whose husband don't want sex, or who don't want it enough, or whatever.

Perhaps this "women denying husbands" problem is not so widespread as Lori seems to think? 

12 hours ago, Curious said:

If one were interested, one could check our NSFW forum and find a thread where an incel guy visited us a few years ago.   I don't want to link to it because it makes google cry, but it's the 4th post down and the forum is listed under archived topical threads.

I just went down that rabbit hole...what the actual fuck?  :wtsf:   But his thinking isn't that far from what Lori preaches teaches. She says that wives owe husbands sex, he says all women owe men sex, neither thinks the woman's needs or wishes matter.  

Except there are plenty of churches that teach about marriage from Lori's perspective maybe not quite as extreme... Although, what I've come to realize is that many actually preach the same exact same thing but just tie it up in a pretty bow. I gotta hand it to Lori at least she's more direct about what she believes women to be, at least from my perspective.

However, from what I've experienced in working at a Christian counseling facility is that often the churches that preach as Lori does turns around and blames the woman. Somehow it's her fault, yeah the guy sinned but he wouldn't have done it if the wife did XYZ. Because as we've seen from plenty of posts, they do everything the can to take responsibility away from guys. So marriage counseling inside the church tends to be traumatizing or unhelpful. 

You know pastoral counseling is often bad when a bunch of dedicated Christians in a counseling program cringe whenever they hear it. It's not all bad but ... Yeah. 

image.png

Oh my word! Did Lori just empathize with a woman? Did she say she was sorry Rachel was going through this and would pray she would find support?  

I'm speechless.

44 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Ken is over on the Dale Partidge page blaming women for most divorces again. 

Which post?

14 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Oh my word! Did Lori just empathize with a woman? Did she say she was sorry Rachel was going through this and would pray she would find support?  

I'm speechless.

Yeah. She actually seemed...caring.  Who is this imposter, and how did s/he get into Lori's FB account? 

19 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Yeah. She actually seemed...caring.  Who is this imposter, and how did s/he get into Lori's FB account? 

I'm sure it's just a momentary aberration. She'll be right back to her usual callous, cold, empathy-less self in no time.

Ken says...

...maybe it is because you place too heavy an emphasis on intimacy before sex?

Ken, the woman you are speaking to is someone's wife.  She is on a page that is supposed to be run by an older woman/for women.  Why are YOU responding taking to her about sex??  She was addressing Lori.  You chiming in is just completely inappropriate, given the subject matter.

He continues:

Giving sex is a gift we give our spouse much like anything else we do in for them; cook breakfast, mow the lawn, clean the house or fix the car.

Am I the only one that's troubled by both Ken and Lori's frequent references to "giving" sex.  And then to follow it up by listing it right up there with household chores?  All I can say, is I pity Ken and Lori.  To them, sex is nothing more than a transaction.  Lube, 10 mins, done.  Wow.  How pathetic.

In this context, sex should be part of our regular routine in marriage, with or without one partner “feeling” intimate. 

What husband wants to have sex with a wife who isn't feeling intimate?  What kind of creep wants to be with someone who isn't into it?

It’s a bad game to “need” a warm up outside the bedroom before one is willing to feel intimate and give sex. 

No, it's a "bad game" to "need" someone to "give" you sex on demand.  This sounds like something that someone who is REALLY lazy in bed would write.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled broadcasting.  Ken is creepy as fuck.  That is all.

There is a pity party going on in the comments for today's blog post. Not one of the men whining have ever done a single thing to turn their wives against them, of course. One man is blathering on and on about his wife's dryness. Another is discussing his wife's previous abortions. What the actual fuck?! What a bunch of assholes. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived