IGNORED

Lori Alexander 44: Ken Galloping Off on the Horse of Truth The Feminists Are Coming!

19 hours ago, Carol said:

Christ in a Convertible.

If you want to read, Crazy vs. Crazy, go to this thread.  They're turning on each other, each poster trying to prove they are the best christian/bible follower/have the deepest understanding of god's word.  

Please note.  Gordon White is the new winner of the "Wall 'O Text" award, beating Ken by several mansplaining paragraphs over multiple posts.  Thank you Gordon!  I know we all look forward to more words of wisdom from you. :pb_lol:                                                                                           

5adcf3b39b9c0_ScreenShot2018-04-22at1_28_28PM.png.5246dcf2941724beaa04bac0af55f86f.png

Fuck me to tears...these people are nuts!

Someone commented that BOTH Steven Anderson and Bryan denlinger were responsible for her conversion to Christianity. I have no words. I can’t think think of two more hateful people. What could a person possibly be lacking in life to have a void that those two would fill. 

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Screenshot for anyone that wants to see it. I have the screenshots of all the comments on the "should a woman disobey her husband" post but it will take time for me to upload all of those screenshots. I also took those in 75% so I could fit more of the comments in one shot.

5addf01f36daa_LAspock.jpg.bb41ed11f5bd6d24229612f3c36147e7.jpg

Here’s where I get up and scream: LORI, HAVE YOU ACTUALLY READ DR. SPOCK?  I HAVE. My mom had the original “Baby and Child Care,” and I read it cover to cover. NOWHERE does it endorse permissiveness—hell, it doesn’t even rule out corporal punishment! Its entire premise is encouraging mothers to trust their instincts and knowledge. Spock’s bad rap came in the ‘60s, when he became an outspoken pacifist, and the pro-Vietnam-war faction started conflating his views with parental permissiveness. The fallacy of Spock endorsing permissiveness makes my blood boil.

I don't know if Lori has read Dr. Spock's book, but she brags that her parents didn't know about it, and neither did she and Ken.

Thankfully, my parents didn't know about it and neither did we! We all trusted the Word of God.

Well Lori, maybe if you'd known about Dr. Spock you would have put some effort and energy into raising your kids, instead of beating them with a leather strap and then crowing about how easy it made life for YOU.

Your laziness towards child rearing is nothing to be proud of.  It's shameful, and it shows how little you card for your children.

Lori says:

The thing is that if you parent them correctly, they grow up to be your best friends!

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Lori's children are her "best friends".  If there's an exception to that, I would guess it was Cassi. 

Either way (and this may sound bad), I don't really care to be "best friends" with my kids.  I always tell them- "I am your mom.  I am here unconditionally, forever.  You need a kidney?  You can have mine (and I only have one good one).  You get behind on your mortgage?  I'll pay it or you can come live with me.  You go through a hard time?  I am there no matter what.  That is A LOT more than most best friends are likely to do.  You can make friends anywhere, but you only get one mom."

My mom always considered me her "best friend", and honestly, it was a hell of a lot of pressure.  In the end she wanted more emotional energy that I had to give, and I had to put some major distance between us.  I don't want to repeat that with my own kids.

I wonder if Lori is a secret alcoholic, it would explain the cognitive dissonance.

Drunk Lori ‘I love wine’ 

Hungover Lori ‘I would love to live in an alcohol free world’

Drunk Lori - writes stupid shit all over Facebook.

sober Lori - gets Ken and his Horse to defend what she couldn’t possibly have said, but really did. 

Food thread drift!!

Im lucky to be in French Alps for a few weeks and i’m currently enjoying homemade leek and mushroom soup, all made and paid for with evil feminism (I paid for the apartment, boyfriend made and paid for the soup)

I think this view will help us to cope with our ungodly life choices! 

Spoiler

95BDF926-B58B-49D3-BAAF-C2C42F359B25.thumb.jpeg.72717fe606d349e79781368322fd6c41.jpeg

4 hours ago, Koala said:

I have been trying to put my finger on what bothers me so much about Lori's reaction to her mom's illness.

When Lori first revealed that her mother had cancer, she said something about how the Bible only promises us 80 years or so, and that's what her mother got.  She was very flippant about it...like, "Time's up, move along".  Then she started referring to her as her "sick, old mother", and now she's posting salads, while her mother is on her "deathbed".  

It's the flippancy that bothers me.  When her mother is passing, it's "Oh well, we only get 80 or so years...".

It's a peculiar emotional coldness and detachment, that's for sure. She seems to have that same detachment toward everything, except herself. No empathy and certainly no sympathy or pity in that woman. This is what really bugs me about her; she has such emotional detachment towards everything and everyone around her, that she can't imagine that other people are not wired the same way she is. She literally cannot comprehend that other people do not manipulate other people, and have genuine emotions towards other people, because she feels nothing about the people in her life. Lori is the coldest woman I've ever come across, and I've met some doozies.

Lori has a new Doodle up.  It looks like this may actually be her own words for once, instead of blatant plagiarism.

I propose we play a lunchtime Lori game:  How many logical fallacies can you spot?

I'll start us out with the obvious false dichotomy regarding femininity and success, and submit our favorite Proverbs 31 heroine as the Biblical example of someone who was both successful and "biblically feminine".  

Please be responsible and wait until it's happy hour to commence in the drinking version of this game. ;-)

Lori scribble.jpg

6 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

THERE IS NO MERCURY IN VACCINES

That was ages ago.

About MMR. It does wear off after 10 years. All pregnant women in my country have to do a Rubella titre and it is advised to get a booster shot if you are planning to have a baby, since it leads to horrible birth defects and/or death.

Don't even get me started on measles. Everyone working at hospitals, including students, had to have a booster shot.

And something like 1 percent of people are nonresponders to mmr (I am), so it's super, super important for people to get boosters. Nonresponders and people who can't get vaccinated for health reasons are completely dependent on herd immunity. 

35 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

It's a peculiar emotional coldness and detachment, that's for sure. She seems to have that same detachment toward everything, except herself. No empathy and certainly no sympathy or pity in that woman. This is what really bugs me about her; she has such emotional detachment towards everything and everyone around her, that she can't imagine that other people are not wired the same way she is. She literally cannot comprehend that other people do not manipulate other people, and have genuine emotions towards other people, because she feels nothing about the people in her life. Lori is the coldest woman I've ever come across, and I've met some doozies.

Lack of empathy, classic sign of narcissism.

23 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

Lori is the coldest woman I've ever come across, and I've met some doozies.

Except for the religion, Lori is like my MIL -- passive aggressive barbs, judgmental, opinionated, dismissive, emotional detachment from everyone in her family -- children, grandchild, husband (now deceased), only living sibling,  DILs don't count as family.  She has no friends.

She is the Queen of the poisonous passive aggressive barb that cuts to the bone.

However, unlike Lori she does like her wine. She's also smarter than Lori so doesn't believe in woo woo "medicine".

She also believes that married women (children or not) should not work at all ever never ever.  Which I totally believe is sour grapes because she gave up her very good job as a chemist when she got married. Because that's what you did in the 1950s.

I  also know she had children because that's what you were supposed to do -- not because she wanted either of hers. She waited a long time until getting pregnant with her eldest, and even longer for Mr. Dress. According to him she was never kind, loving, nurturing, caring, serving, empathetic or attentive. But she was a SAHM. so I guess Lori would love her.

Lori is none of those things she listed in her doodle. Warm? Gentle? Quiet?? Cold, harsh and loud is more like it.

I had to go Amazon and check the review count. Still at 2.5 :deathstar:s oh I mean 2.5 :tw_star:s, sorry, my mistake [emoji6]
She still has a comment on one of the early 5 stars and so that made me go see what else she has reviewed. I apparently have a new book I need to read! In her review she said the sex scene was too much. I need to find out what is "too explicit" in Lori's view. The author, Francine Rivers is a Christian author and is published under Tyndale House, which has a mission statement of (source Tyndale.com)
to minister to the spiritual needs of people, primarily through literature consistent with biblical principles. Tyndale publishes Christian fiction, nonfiction, children's books, and other resources, including Bibles in the New Living Translation (NLT)
5ada4cb807325_LAbookreviews.JPG.98304be5a2c08d9c3a32224ad941f826.JPG

I’m fairly certain the OT3 M/M/F fanfic I read yesterday would probably kill her then. (Yes, I read a LOT of trash. No, I’m not sorry.) Unless Tyndale’s standards have changed a LOT since I was a fundie, it’s a kiss, and fade to black with the female character maybe thinking later about how good it was and the male character possibly doing the same. I remember the Zion books by Thoene being scandalous back when because Murphy had a random thought about how Elissa? I forget her name now, said his name while they were doing it.

Here I sit in my cube, creating online content and being all aggressive, dominant, and competitive about it. Heh. I work about 98% independently, and somehow have managed to work my way up to a very nice salary without stomping on the necks of my victims.

Lori reminds me of my second MIL. She was convinced that she was far superior to everyone else. Shortly after she’d moved to a new neighborhood, a group of neighbors went to another neighbor’s funeral without her. She attributed this to “They know I’m better than they are” rather than “I’m self-aggrandizing and insufferable and practically a stranger to them, so they decided to exclude me.” 

She often shared anecdotes about how much better she was than others, such as the exquisite poise she showed in high school as opposed to her “simpering, giggling” classmates. I wanted so badly to ask her how such poise and decorum led to the baby she had to give up for adoption (an incident she pretended never happened). She used to go on and on about how “something always suffers” when a wife has a job outside the home. (I had two jobs at the time.) Like Lori, she quit the job she’d had early in her marriage because she was far superior to everyone else there, and grandly told us how her former boss visited her in the hospital when she had my ex, begging her to come back.

The first time I met her, she told me in great detail about her husband’s many infidelities, but how she “fought hard to keep him.” I sat there agape, wishing I’d had the guts to say I’d happily have divorced his sorry ass. But then, I wasn’t afraid to get a job and earn my own damn living,rather than settle for life with a guy who was out there banging everyone in sight.

I was born aggressive, competitive and dominant. I've had to dial that way back as I grew up. My parents weren't really into the whole higher education thing, my father's POV was that he made a decent living with just a high school diploma and my mother's college education was a "waste" (she had a degree in music and had been a REAL concert pianist in Cuba). Neither one of them ever understood my passion for engineering and managed to quash it but good since "women didn't do that". My mother cried when I told her I was going back to school for drafting/design...why did I have to choose such an "unfeminine" profession. 

And people wonder why I'm so fucked up in the head...

3 hours ago, Hane said:

Here’s where I get up and scream: LORI, HAVE YOU ACTUALLY READ DR. SPOCK?  I HAVE. My mom had the original “Baby and Child Care,” and I read it cover to cover. NOWHERE does it endorse permissiveness—hell, it doesn’t even rule out corporal punishment! Its entire premise is encouraging mothers to trust their instincts and knowledge. Spock’s bad rap came in the ‘60s, when he became an outspoken pacifist, and the pro-Vietnam-war faction started conflating his views with parental permissiveness. The fallacy of Spock endorsing permissiveness makes my blood boil.

Gary Ezzo used to claim that Spock was permissive. (and the Sears, and anyone else who didn't say you should beat your children)  It was either you raised your children his (Gary's) way or you were permissive.  Did Lori read Growing Kids Gods Way? 

I’ve had several discussions with my siblings on the subject of spanking. My younger brother said it didn’t matter if he was spanked or put in time out. They both had the same affect. I learned more lessons when I did things on my own, learning the hard way. I don’t hate my parents for spanking me and I don’t resent them for it. I learned, from watching them, that spankings fail I  actually teaching anything. 

Idiotic reader:

My son asked me once why I hit him. I told him there is a HUGE difference between spanking and hitting.

Umm, nope.  There's no difference whatsoever.  Spanking (by definition) IS HITTING!  Good god, lady, your son was smarter than you are!

If he doesn’t understand the lasting, horrible, severe consequences of running in the parking lot (ex: getting hit by a car and DYING) then I have not prepared him for reality. 

I am so fucking sick of the "I had to hit them!  They were running towards the road!" bit.  

If your child is so young that they don't understand that running out in front of a car = injury/death, then how can they possibly understand that running out in the road = getting hit by mom.  If they can't understand one, they can't understand the other.  By that logic, they aren't afraid of getting hit by a car, but they are afraid of getting hit by mom.  How stupid is that?!

Here's a better way to look at it.  Mom/Dad are adults.  THEY are responsible for keeping their child out of the road until they are old enough to know better.  *IF* due to the parents neglect, that child runs into the street, then the parent is at fault, not the child.  

As usual, the fundies have it completely backwards.

Then there's this reader:

That’s why CPS is so illegal.

Yes, dear.  CPS is illegal.  

A regular genius, that one. 

Lori chimed in w/ yet another person who has approached her to confess that they were horrible parents and she (The no effort/ no energy Mom) did things the "right" way.  Seems like a lot of people do that.  Funny, isn't it?

My children babysit a child a few times and the parents told them to never tell the child what to do, let him eat whatever he wanted, watch whatever TV shows he wanted, and to go to bed when he wanted. They didn't babysit him for long! I saw this mother recently and asked how her son was since he's about 17 years old now. She told me they have been miserable with this boy and that we were right in the way we disciplined our children. He has cause a lot of heartache in their lives. Children thrive in boundaries and discipline and suffer without them.

Hey, Lori?  If this is true, stop being a gossip.  You are carrying tales from "house to house".  The Bible refers to people who do that as "busybodies".

4 hours ago, Hane said:

Can I get up and scream with you??? This has been driving me crazy. Anyone who thinks Dr. Spock advocates permissiveness either didn't read his book (Lori), or didn't understand it (also possibly Lori, but I lean towards she never read it).  

Also, Lori is admitting that it's POSSiBLE to raise non-sociopaths without spanking? Not buying it. I think Ken failed in convincing Lori to soften her tone, so he is doing it for her. 

On 4/21/2018 at 10:14 AM, Hane said:

Re dogs in strollers: A friend of mine had a senior dog who was dying. On the last day of his life, she and her family put him in a stroller, because he couldn’t walk anymore, and took him to the beach, his favorite place, then fed him a steak. That was his last outing before crossing the rainbow bridge.

I’m not a dog person, but that is making me tear up. That is love. 

7 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

Lori has a new Doodle up.  It looks like this may actually be her own words for once, instead of blatant plagiarism.

I propose we play a lunchtime Lori game:  How many logical fallacies can you spot?

I'll start us out with the obvious false dichotomy regarding femininity and success, and submit our favorite Proverbs 31 heroine as the Biblical example of someone who was both successful and "biblically feminine".  

Please be responsible and wait until it's happy hour to commence in the drinking version of this game. ;-)

Lori scribble.jpg

Lori is aggressive, argumentative, dominant and bossy.  I work and am none of those things.  So, there goes that.  Dumb bitch!

Can someone please screenshot Ken's comment on today's blog post?  I am finding it very troubling.

Ken Alexander:

I also like to tickle for the smaller infractions, especially with a child upset and moody. “If you don’t stop the mood and whining in a minute I am going to tickle you to death. Five minutes later they are back on track after being well tickled and loving life again. The tickling often includes kissing the neck where it tickles with my mustache. I am sure this would be considered abuse by Dr. Spock, but if you ask the kids they much prefer this to an angry or upset Dad or grandpa.

This is wrong on so many levels.  Where the hell are the parents of these children???  My heart fell to my shoes when I read it, so I can't imagine how they would feel.

I am just...wow.  What a sick family.  

Ugh I can't with the tickle thing. I don't like to be touched all that much and certainly not tickled.  Eww on the kisses on the neck part. Of course this kind of contact doesn't have to be considered sexual in nature but I still find it weird. 

Also why in the world would anyone take Lori's criticism of a book seriously? She uses conspiracy theorists and middle schools web page as sources. Okay, I greatly disliked Purpose Driven life. It was boring, repetitive and kinda light weight theologically. Also he didn't cite scripture well in my opinion and he quoted CS Lewis so much that I recommended in my class book review that it would be better to read Lewis' works.

I've enjoyed Jesus Calling much better and I'm not sure what her problem is with it. And ohhh the Shack, how dare a novel not necessarily be theologically accurate (I haven't read it so I wouldn't know). 

image.png

Lori today:

Most of my children don't even remember being spanked

Lori's told her readers this lie before.  She even acknowledged it in a 2012 post:

I told you in this post I didn't think my children even remembered being spanked 

Ryan does remember being spanked!

Steven remembers one time being spanked by Ken.

Cassi remembers every single time she got in trouble.  She has such a tender heart and hated to disappoint us.  She remembers several times she got spanked

So that's 3 out of 4 that clearly remember.  Big surprise.  Who would forget a raging monster of a mother, wielding a leather strap??

Lori got this information by "putting out a questionnaire" to her adult children.  Alyssa's response is not revealed, but we can guess the answer based on this statement by Lori:

Alyssa received more spankings than the others

So *if* Alyssa remembers, that would be 4 out of 4 adult children who DO remember.  In any case, 3/4 of her children remember it by her own admission.

But Lori likes to change her story, so first she claimed they didn't remember, then she admitted that they did, and now she's back to saying that "most" of them don't remember.  

When will her readers realize that she HAS GOT TO BE LYING?  Both of these things can not be true.  

15 hours ago, Koala said:

Since Lori is on another food kick, I was thinking it might be thread drift time... 

What's for dinner tonight?  I have pork roast and carrots in the slow cooker.  Going to serve it over rice w/ green beans.

I reheated the stroganoff my mom made when she was here visiting. She made a few meals for our freezer. I can make it myself, but it’s never as good as when mom makes it

I had to take another break from this vile woman and her vile husband. My heart goes out to all of you who have lost loved ones :my_heart:  My husband's grandfather (who was like a father to him, and walked me down the aisle at our wedding) died last year and had, on the whole, a "good" death, with the family coming together.  It was still horrible.  My own grandfather died a couple months ago and suffered terribly for far too long and there was a lot of fighting amongst the children, but no one seemed as completely disconnected and self-centered as Lori.

Hey Ken, I know you don't listen to anyone, but I'll post this anyway https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/whats-wrong-with-tickling-children_us_587fd0dde4b00d44838cb6f9  

@IntrinsicallyDisordered I was just about to post the same link. Here's a quote: 

"I wonder if parents routinely ignore their children’s pleas to stop because they’re genuinely deceived by their kids’ laughter or if they’re willfully duped. It seems as if we’ve come to use tickling like it’s a magic button that will change our kids’ moods or the way they’re feeling about us, for the better." 

And this:

"I’d be remiss if I failed to mention that tickling is one of the means used by sexual predators to groom their victims."

I am not implying that Ken is a sexual predator. I use this quote to illustrate how important it is for children to have bodily autonomy and have adults respect their boundaries, an idea that is foreign to both Ken and Lori. It can bring confusion to a small child's imperfect thought process and could potentially set them up to be victimized by someone else. If that isn't bad enough, Ken is tickling and kissing. The idea alone makes my skin crawl. 

Btw, be careful how you word it if anyone else decides to google for tickling used as punishment. I had some...um, unexpected search results.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived