IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 3: Now With Remarriage?

Destiny

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

You are correct and what's more you commented  on a blog photo from the Greek tour in which they both appeared. The blog has since, predictably, gone private.

As Maurice Chevalier sang in "Gigi" - "Ah yes, I remember it well!"

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

plus an African American doll named Abigail.

Wasn't poor Abigail portrayed as a servant doll (if not a slave).  I know I had a very negative gut response to the VF dollie stuff.

2 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Yup

They were American Girl knockoffs, 'cause AG was promoting "abortion and lesbianism"  and Doug's flock clearly needed a godly alternative :eyeroll

I'm pretty sure my daughter's AG dolls did not have anything like that in their stories!

36 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Wasn't poor Abigail portrayed as a servant doll (if not a slave).  I know I had a very negative gut response to the VF dollie stuff.

I want to say that she was possibly an escaped slave?  It just seems like that to me. But I'm not sure.

@AnnaSofia, and I recall one little girl quoted in the VF catalog as saying, “I like my Liberty doll better than the American Girls because she’s Christian!” Ummm, I liked dolls as much as many kids did, but last I checked, she was a piece of plastic.

6 hours ago, neurogirl said:

@Quinquagenarian I’m sorry...did the VF movement have dolls based on the Phillip daughters?!?!

@neurogirl  Oh yes, As has already been said since you posted - the dolls bore their names. 

Thanks @AnnaSofia for the visual of the dolls. I pulled it up and started scanning it and  I laughed out loud at the one who had the book about (of course!!) The Titanic.  I zoomed in on it in incredulity and forgot or never knew that Tracey Leininger wrote it.  So a propos to the discussion about all the financial stuff, it's corroborating to see Miss Leininger's book (and she wrote several others to go with the dolls) were part of the whole scene.  

nanharper.jpg

6 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

They were the same size as the American Girl dolls, had themed costumes, books with the character's backstory, etc. The main doll was Liberty, after the oldest daughter, then there was a Jubilee (poor Jube was retired early at some point), then Evangeline and Fidelis, both presumably named after Faith Evangeline, plus an African American doll named Abigail.

I think there were also plans for a life sized blow up doll named Lourdes...

3 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

I zoomed in on it in incredulity and forgot or never knew that Tracey Leininger wrote it.  So a propos to the discussion about all the financial stuff, it's corroborating to see Miss Leininger's book (and she wrote several others to go with the dolls) were part of the whole scene. 

Oh my yes.  

In fact, The over-the-top description of Tracy Leininger's 2004 wedding in Doug's Blog was my gateway post to the bizarro world that was VF. Here is but a small, small excerpt of the oleaginous sludge that oozed out of that blog post:

Leininger-Craven_March 2004.png

Heh. Bet that still sticks in Jim Leninger's craw -- Doug Phillips, bon vivant & chaser of young brunettes, officiated at his daughter's wedding.

12 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I do miss the Hazardous Journeys.

Me too. The VF  crowd was a bunch of abusive assholes and much more, but still - when they crashed they somehow took the glamor out of fundieism. 

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Oh my yes.  

In fact, The over-the-top description of Tracy Leininger's 2004 wedding in Doug's Blog was my gateway post to the bizarro world that was VF. Here is but a small, small excerpt of the oleaginous sludge that oozed out of that blog post:

Leininger-Craven_March 2004.png

Heh. Bet that still sticks in Jim Leninger's craw -- Doug Phillips, bon vivant & chaser of young brunettes, officiated at his daughter's wedding.

Just goes to show you — even a gifted and shrewd multi- multi-millionaire can be scammed. In this case, probably to the tune of multiple millions of dollars!

2 hours ago, Themanda Duggar said:

I think there were also plans for a life sized blow up doll named Lourdes...

Not sure which response emoji to use but certainly thinking that (1) raucous, bitter laughter; (2) eww!, and (3) eye-rolling, all together, would begin to express my reaction. IOW, darkly funny & I appreciate it!

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

Me too. The VF  crowd was a bunch of abusive assholes and much more, but still - when they crashed they somehow took the glamor out of fundieism. 

Yep. I don't mind admitting that I miss it. The costumes, the galas, even an awards show... How am I supposed to be satisfied with the frumper crowd now? Spanky/Lisa and James/Stacy: You need to do better. That VF void ain't gonna fill itself! Now get to work. 

40 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Yep. I don't mind admitting that I miss it. The costumes, the galas, even an awards show... How am I supposed to be satisfied with the frumper crowd now? Spanky/Lisa and James/Stacy: You need to do better. That VF void ain't gonna fill itself! Now get to work. 

Someone did try to take over the revisionist history tours.  I forget the name of the company but they were in this neck of the woods in 2015 or 2016 for a Thanksgiving trip.  I refrained from taking the dogs to Minuteman National park (great dog walking place but rather a long way for me to drive) to Fundie-spot because I was too busy with T-Day prep.

I did look at the pictures though.  It sadly lacked the total fuckwittery of Doug's heydey and it was a grueling schedule.  Could be that they didn't do that well and faded out of business.  On the Wed., drive from Plymouth to visit Lexington and then Concord in the morning.  Then Boston to do Bunker Hill, the Old Statehouse (Boston Massacre), and Old North Church in the p.m. Back to Plymouth to have a fellowship meal.  T.Day: fuck with the Native American demonstrators in Plymouth 'cos God, and have another fellowship meal and much preachifying.

@DomWackTroll or @hoipolloi, can either of you (or anyone) find the picture of Doug trying to do a Tarzan on the Amazon Hazardous Journey.  It was exquisitely funny.

40 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It sadly lacked the total fuckwittery of Doug's heydey

Yeah, that was the Turley family that took over the tours, wasn't it? God knows they were deep into VF, but they just don't have that Phillips razzle-dazzle. Let's face it-- no one does. 

Couldn't find the requested pic for you, @Palimpsest. I googled "Doug Phillips Vision Forum swinging" and you can imagine the pics that DID come up! :pb_lol:

6 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Yeah, that was the Turley family that took over the tours, wasn't it? God knows they were deep into VF, but they just don't have that Phillips razzle-dazzle

Yes, you are right.  I think it was the Turleys. Thanks.  And they had that noted and consummate historian Bill Potter, ABD, along for the ride. It was an ebil liberal conspiracy that he never got his PhD, I tell you!

I'm not sure I dare google Doug Phillips swinging but I'm tempted ...

Ahhhh, the Hazardous Journeys. I recall the Iceland one, which would involve SCALING A GLACIER!!! Fun fact: When I was in Reykjavik, I met a woman who had done just that to celebrate her birthday—her SIXTIETH birthday!

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Yeah, that was the Turley family that took over the tours, wasn't it? God knows they were deep into VF, but they just don't have that Phillips razzle-dazzle. Let's face it-- no one does. 

Couldn't find the requested pic for you, @Palimpsest. I googled "Doug Phillips Vision Forum swinging" and you can imagine the pics that DID come up! :pb_lol:

Oh, I'd forgotten all about the Turleys!  They should have created an organization entitled For the Love of the Confederacy and Cosplay.  They really took the whole dressing up like, southern-antebellum-aristocratic-slaveholders prior to the War of Northern Aggression, to an entirely new level.  Although I have to say that Melissa is a very talented seamstress, because she really made some very ornate costumes.  

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Better your eyes than mine!!! It was during their not-so-very-Hazardous Journey to the Amazon and Dougie’s little bulges are sure on full many sweaty rompy display. Hope that helps some Google-Fu master who has a stronger stomach than my own!

The reports of Daddy and Andrew Torres chasing Dougie down the road at gunpoint may have been the final straw for Jim L.

Wait, wait, how did I miss this tale??
Someone point me to it!

7 minutes ago, bea said:

Wait, wait, how did I miss this tale??
Someone point me to it!

It is way back in an old thread and would take me ages to find.  Perhaps someone else can find it faster? 

The story came from a verified insider and (now inactive) member here.  Andrew Torres and his father caught Doug in the act of trying to climb in Lourdes's window one night.  They thought he was an average intruder so grabbed their guns and chased him down the street.  The perp stopped under a street light with his hands up and, low and behold, it was the Tool.

It was kinda hard for Doug to explain that one, methinks.

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

That would be the Kevin Turleys and the pompous faux academic, Bill Potter, of Landmark Events. When last heard from, they were fighting a citation from the National Park Service over conducting commercial activities at a public park without a permit.

Canʻt find a Swinging Doug photo but can provide this Amazon update from Dougʻs Blog in Jan 2011:

Jan 2011 Dougs Blog.png

58 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It is way back in an old thread and would take me ages to find.  Perhaps someone else can find it faster? 

The story came from a verified insider and (now inactive) member here.  Andrew Torres and his father caught Doug in the act of trying to climb in Lourdes's window one night.  They thought he was an average intruder so grabbed their guns and chased him down the street.  The perp stopped under a street light with his hands up and, low and behold, it was the Tool.

It was kinda hard for Doug to explain that one, methinks.

The story was first hinted by CnD, but not all the details were given:  

Then "confirmed" on spiritual sounding board in this article:  https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/03/23/attempting-to-set-the-doug-phillips-record-straight-part-2-the-victim/

And then the conversation really continued on about it here:  

Many thanks, @punkiepie.  That must have taken a lot of searching.  My memory is better than I thought.  From SSB:

Doug Phillips’ double life starting to unravel in December 2012 when he was caught trying to climb through Victim’s bedroom window. Victim’s father and brother chased Phillips down the street with a shotgun until Doug stepped under a street light, revealing his identity. The relationship with Victim ended on that day.

Julie Anne does her best to verify sources and has proven very accurate.

19 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

The original black American Girl doll was named Addy. I still have the one that I bought for my daughter.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Many thanks, @punkiepie.  That must have taken a lot of searching.  My memory is better than I thought.  From SSB:

Julie Anne does her best to verify sources and has proven very accurate.

Once I remembered that, in the early days of the collapse of VF and DPIAT/R, Lourdes was referred to as Hero or Cassandra, it was pretty easy to find. But if you search for her by name or her family’s name, then you will only get results from after she publicly came forward as his victim and nothing from the time period when we called her Hero.  Also, the two biggest insiders, that I remember, coming here and answering questions were CnD and KISA, and I thought KISA was from before this all happened.  You do have an excellent memory @Palimpsest, very impressive! It’s amazing what a treasure trove of information we have here on fj.  I think it would be wonderful if we could pay a member(s), with a lot of time on their hands, to turn this all into a book of some sort. 

We DO have a treasure trove of collective information from that time but mostly because there was so much to snark about.  Afterall. VF had websites, Natty Darnell was blogging, Bradrick! was still making his way up the chain and had a delightfully public FB page, Scottie Brown was being a lot more candid, royal weddings and Hazardous Journeys  were happening one after another and blogged about, there was just so much good material that has all since gone dark.

I would love to see a book come out but writing it would be complicated due to all the moving parts.  Where does one set the boundaries of the number of people in the patriarchy movement we could write about?  

I'm super late to this party and don't really follow BRADRICK since VF died, but his visitation restrictions are very harsh.  Supervised visitation every other month and phone calls every other week?   I've never seen a custody agreement with such a restriction on phone calls.  Generally, the non-custodial has virtually unlimited phone contact, particularly if they don't have much physical visitation.

It makes me wonder if he was talking "out of turn" to the children or trying to talk to Kelly through calls to the children.

"Standard" custody is usually something like every other weekend, maybe 1 overnight during the week or a dinner during the week at least, alternate holidays (mother's day with mom, father's day with dad) and basically unlimited phone contact.

Cheating is gross, but it normally doesn't lead to this kind of restrictive visitation.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived