IGNORED

Joy and Austin 19: 273 Days After the Wedding Gideon Arrived

Coconut Flan

so if she is 3 days past due....the baby will either be here next Sunday or it's here and be announced tomorrow. 

I vote tomorrow in secret....who is with me. 

i can't wait to find out.  Perhaps during the two hour love fest of her honeymoon. 

Did I tell you people my parents met at the foot of the matterhorn in Zermatt and I have been there. 

Exciting stuff. 

I am just so grateful it's not on on Wednesday night what with the xfiles last four shows ever. How would i choose. :D

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

My husband works his ass off now 12-15 hours a day as a chef

Shout-out to you and your husband, as a cook the word chef to me compels respect! For what he and you go through. Long hours and he has to sweat, bleed and cry for every dollar with every hour (minute) and you get to spend that much time away from him and him away from home. AmIright?Hard enough to get the regular bills paid and live life let alone worry about expensive meds and the health of your kid. 

@CaricatureQualities thank you! You are right to the core, more so because it's opening week. He got the health inspection cleared the Friday of the Super Bowl, did appetizers for a week or so and fully opened the kitchen just this last Thursday. There was a lot of hype about the food so they've been slammed. The upside was he got to attend Youngest's early morning hockey game yesterday.  And I know once he can fully trust his sous and his crew he'll take a day or two off. As a cook you understand the hours, the holidays, etc. I've been through 4 grand openings with him, all par for the course. But being a brand new small business the owners can't afford to offer insurance, we don't make enough to qualify for the ACA, and we're on the very edge of Medicaid eligibility. It's crazy.

57 minutes ago, nst said:

Did I tell you people my parents met at the foot of the matterhorn in Zermatt and I have been there.

Yeah, you have told us, pretty sure along with a trip a Mercedes to Banff.

Got it.

Baby is probably already a day old and they are waiting to surprise everyone during the show's  premiere. If not, hope everything goes well. So very nervous for Joy.

I really don’t think I want to live in the US anymore. Canada has a much more progressive system. The stories of some posters on here have sickened me tonight and I just want to cry. It hits me deeply as I am chronically ill, disabled, and will be off my mother’s insurance in one year. I am going to have to rely on my partner of 5 years insurance and his industry lacks job security. The anxiety about all of this for me gets severe at night. The panic attacks it causes me are terrifying.

How can someone wonder how our country has mental health problems? How people commit suicide? How we have evil in the world? We don’t treat our citiziens with any compassion! If an emergency occurs, people are thrown to the wolves unless they have old family money. We don’t care who gets screwed over, it’s all about the bottom line for everyone! It makes me sick. 

And to think it’s 2018 and we’ve elected someone like Trump??? The ONLY comfort I have is that we came very close with Hillary and Bernie started a movement. Trump’s terribleness has ignited a fire within us and we won’t let it burn out. I hope and pray for change but it will take a long time.

It’s all very depressing and it takes a lot of energy to see the good in the world with all of the corruption and evil around us. It’s times like these where the Duggar’s lifestyles of total isolation with a huge family support network sound comforting but then I quickly remind myself of their hateful ideology that they’re prisoners to.

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

Baby is probably already a day old and they are waiting to surprise everyone during the show's  premiere. If not, hope everything goes well. So very nervous for Joy.

That would at least be one piece of news in tonight's episode :my_biggrin:

Or how about a triple announcement: Joy's had the baby, Jinger announces the gender (sex) of her baby and Jessa is pregnant :boom: 

I know that's never going to happen because they have to drag out every single announcement as breaking news, but it would be more efficient. :confusion-shrug:

I’m 57 years old, I never thought I would say this, but I’m so glad my husband is a Canadian citizen just in case we need to leave.

Reading these things make me so happy I live here. Heathcare costs about €120 a month but low incomes get benefits for that, for this we get everything covered over €350 euros a year (unless it is not life-threatening like dental care, but this is all realtively cheap and all free for children).  Birthcontrol is free until 21 years old. Maternity leave is 16 weeks minimum, paternity leave 5 days and we get 20 days of holiday per year. 

However, most bigger companies increase the benefits. For instance: my company pays my €350 own risk for healthcare, maternity leave is 20 weeks and I get 25 off-days. They also serve us lunch, we have a gym and I have an awesome pensionfund. And they still make a lot of money so that is no excuses.

I am really shocked sometimes how employers can threat their employees. If you threat your employees well they will get sick less often and they will want to go the extra step for you. I think it pays off in the end.

What could prove their superblessededuteressness more than a wedding night baby boy arriving on the 26th (or at least being announced on the 26th), born via uncomplicated homebirth right in time for the new season beginning, exactly on their 9 month wedding anniversary?

I'll accept nothing less than Joy looking so out together Priscilla Waller and Anna Maxwell will pale in comparison to her holy uterus as she presents little Austin #Abortionismuder Forsyth Jnr to the 50 or so people who still watch the show.

9 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Sorry I blew my cool folks...just something about seeing that bullshit and then looking at the scar on my husband's abdomen and the cannula that's attached to him 24/7 made me lose it. 

Great, we don't live in Haiti...however, if the US is going to claim to be a first world country, it's time to get with the fucking program...

And, yes, my vocabulary is reflecting the sailor's wife I am. I am beyond pissed off, passed livid a few blood vessels ago and currently sitting on enraged. 

You’ve been through A LOT. Many people on here have too. I think you (and everyone else) are well within your rights to react the way you did. 

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

There is at least one US insurance company that starts their day with a staff meeting including this:  "what are we going to do today?" "DENY, DENY, DENY!"

like how they paid for my last mammogram, but not for someone to READ it. Like how my co-worker spends hours managing her daughter's insurance, because every single time somebody codes something wrong and the payment is denied. Like how that same co-worker hasn't had her Depo shot in a couple years because her insurance refused to pay for it due to some technicality despite it being explicitly covered under the ACA. That same co-worker now has no insurance, because it was going to cost over $900 a month. Her husband has a severe brain injury, and can't work. So the government covers part of his medications, until they get "in the gap". Then it's $700 for insulin and who knows how much for everything else. Sometimes they have to ration his meds instead of taking them as prescribed. 

I have a distant cousin who died because she didn't have insurance and didn't go for treatment of her "cold" that wouldn't go away until it was too late. I have a co-worker who just lost most of his foot... same thing. No insurance, waited too late in fear of the costs involved. We've heard of the many flu deaths this year, but I wonder how many more "natural causes" deaths this year are really "got the flu and couldn't afford a doctor" deaths. 

Our healthcare system sucks. Even with good insurance anything involving a hospital is going to be super expensive. Insurance is prohibitively expensive for many people. Last year mine was more than my mortgage payment. 

And it’s only going to get worse now that Trump and the Republicans are fucking around with it. My FIL recently decided to start consulting again (because the company he stopped doing that for are assholes who are messing around with him), so my in-laws recently got policies through the exchange again. The cost was astronomical compared to what they had just a year or two ago. Thankfully they can afford it right now, but a lot of families won’t be able to and they’ll end up priced out of the system once again. All because Orange Dipshit and the GOP can’t stand allowing anything Obama did to continue. 

9 hours ago, Alisamer said:

There is at least one US insurance company that starts their day with a staff meeting including this:  "what are we going to do today?" "DENY, DENY, DENY!"

like how they paid for my last mammogram, but not for someone to READ it. Like how my co-worker spends hours managing her daughter's insurance, because every single time somebody codes something wrong and the payment is denied. Like how that same co-worker hasn't had her Depo shot in a couple years because her insurance refused to pay for it due to some technicality despite it being explicitly covered under the ACA. That same co-worker now has no insurance, because it was going to cost over $900 a month. Her husband has a severe brain injury, and can't work. So the government covers part of his medications, until they get "in the gap". Then it's $700 for insulin and who knows how much for everything else. Sometimes they have to ration his meds instead of taking them as prescribed. 

I have a distant cousin who died because she didn't have insurance and didn't go for treatment of her "cold" that wouldn't go away until it was too late. I have a co-worker who just lost most of his foot... same thing. No insurance, waited too late in fear of the costs involved. We've heard of the many flu deaths this year, but I wonder how many more "natural causes" deaths this year are really "got the flu and couldn't afford a doctor" deaths. 

Our healthcare system sucks. Even with good insurance anything involving a hospital is going to be super expensive. Insurance is prohibitively expensive for many people. Last year mine was more than my mortgage payment. 

2 years ago I was having cardiac issues and received a full blown 6 month cardiac eval- I had ever test known to man related to the heart that was non-invasive. The insurance paid what they paid and we picked up the remainder + co pays blah, blah...Fast forward a year, and we get a bill from the cardiologist (his office conducted all the tests/stress tests/ultrasounds/numerous Holter and other fancy monitors that I wore for months on end) that I still owed $750, but if I paid cash within 30 days (I KID YOU NOT), they would settle the bill for $350- WTH???? So my husband scans our payments from the previous year, took the bill completely apart and proved that NO, we had already paid that $750. I think someone was trying to skim money...our payment of $750 had been entered on the invoice as $150....still the math didn't add up. freaking scammers and you know some people just pay it. *I might be one of those people who would just pay it*- The barter was a tip off that something was not quite right.

4 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

What could prove their superblessededuteressness more than a wedding night baby boy arriving on the 26th (or at least being announced on the 26th), born via uncomplicated homebirth right in time for the new season beginning, exactly on their 9 month wedding anniversary?

I'll accept nothing less than Joy looking so out together Priscilla Waller and Anna Maxwell will pale in comparison to her holy uterus as she presents little Austin #Abortionismuder Forsyth Jnr to the 50 or so people who still watch the show.

That would certainly usurp Jolly Muffin!

6 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I’m 57 years old, I never thought I would say this, but I’m so glad my husband is a Canadian citizen just in case we need to leave.

I'm thankful that my husband never got his US citizenship, and has remained on his green card all these years. As soon as we're 59.5 (age to withdraw from 401(k) without penalty) we are off to the UK for the remainder of our lives. It's not EASY for me to move over there because of England's super-strict immigration laws - it's going to take a lot of time and $$$ to do so. But we put pen-to-paper and found out our healthcare costs, should we retire at 60 and live to 85 in the USA, would cost us (in premiums, co-pays, and out-of-pocket) over $1 million. No can do.

Ironically, and I am not joking here, reading these health care stories has made me feel physically ill.  We have discussed moving to Canada--not just for this issue, but because of the attitude of so many of my fellow US citizens who either support Trump and his ilk, or who sat out the election.  Plus the gun culture. I just can't fight anymore.  But I don't think Canada can absorb us all--or would want to.  I am so distraught I want to stick my head in the sand, but just can't do that either. 

Baby BOY IS HERE 

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-welcomes-first-child-austin-forsyth/

10pounds _ HOLY moly 

The Duggar family has expanded yet again: Joy-Anna and her husband Austin Forsythwelcomed their first child, PEOPLE exclusively confirms.

The healthy baby boy arrived Feb. 23. He was born at 3:39 p.m., measuring 22 inches long and weighing 10 lbs., 3 oz.

“We are blessed beyond measure with the arrival of our son, Gideon Martyn Forsyth,” the couple tells PEOPLE. “Looking at our child for the first time was such an incredible moment! God is so good, and we are so thankful.”

The new mom and Gideon are both doing excellent.

1 minute ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Looks like a hospital birth or a birthing center by the pic of Gideon in the isolet looking bed

well one would hope at 10 pounds. 

What a chunky monkey! That head! I am just going to say Jinger is going to have a boy. Duggars do everything as a group and I guess always will;)

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

What a chunky monkey! That head! I am just going to say Jinger is going to have a boy. Duggars do everything as a group and I guess always will;)

i think jinger will have the first girl 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived