IGNORED

Joy and Austin 19: 273 Days After the Wedding Gideon Arrived

Coconut Flan

Here’s the photos:

102240F2-EB20-40C1-A89D-EA04E10F7338.thumb.jpeg.16f99d2c1a7d4ba352587025c691ae6d.jpeg

Spoiler

819A8732-AD7C-4293-9C93-80480BE5576C.thumb.jpeg.ba628a7172b645ce8819f969fee4c811.jpeg

Fun fact - Gideon was born weighing twice what my daughter weighed at birth, but is only three inches longer. 

Congratulations to the parents. I hope they turn out to be far, far better parents to Gideon than their own parents were to them, but I’m not going to hold my breath on that. So I’ll just hope Gideon grows up reasonable happy and healthy and doesn’t require copious amounts of therapy.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joy looks so young in that picture with the baby. She is young of course but it shows. 

And jeez these poor Duggar girls and their giant babies. Maybe jinger will break the trend. 

Is gideon biblical or a family name? 

9 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I really don’t think I want to live in the US anymore. Canada has a much more progressive system. 

So fucking move. Or will you be like all those celebs who threatened to leave America if Trump was elected but are still here?

Fucking Windbags. Those celebs talked a big game about this and that but not one of the A listers has left Hollywood that i know of.  If you have the means and money and you hate this country that much for whatever valid or invalid reasons and spread it all over the media  just GTFO or shut up.  Most US citizens can’t just up and leave  and that’s a different matter naturally . 

That is a name I did not expect, not bad at all. I don't know how common the name is in the US but over here it is one of that names that everyone knows but most people only know 1 or 2 people. So common but not to popular, which are my favourite names.

Good that they are home already, Joy looks tired but happy and healthy. 

8 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Joy looks so young in that picture with the baby. She is young of course but it shows. 

And jeez these poor Duggar girls and their giant babies. Maybe jinger will break the trend. 

Gideon is a figure from the Old Testament. He was a military leader, judge, and prophet. As a leader of the Israelites, he won a victory over the Midianites despite being heavily outnumbered. 

More importantly though, he was the twin brother of Fabian Prewett and brother of Molly Prewett Weasley. He was killed with his twin by Death Eaters during a duel during Voldemort’s first rise to power. So I’m just going to pretend they named him for the Gideon in Harry Potter instead of the Gideon in the Bible. :pb_lol:

On 25 februari 2018 at 1:27 AM, sj3339sta said:

Eh, I almost bit and responded, but I shouldn't have even responded in the first place. I just want a smaller government with less regulation. I want to pay for my own birth control if I want/need it, and not anyone elses. What you and your doctor decide us best for you, is your business, not mine.

That said, I am anxiously awaiting Joy's baby birth announcement. This family is a train wreck,  but I just can't look away.

You know what, I don't mind paying extra tax if my money goes to someone's health or education. We're all in this together and no one deserves to live in poverty, much less grow up poor with limited possibilities. Everyone should have the ability to access the care they need, and I don't think there's another way than taxes. 

Just now, artdecades said:

Biblical, I think. And I’m beginning to wonder with all these big babies if the Duggar women struggle with gestational diabetes. I hope they’re getting the prenatal care that would tell them, or that the babies are just big, but it does worry me given their track record. 

Welcome to the world, Gideon. Sorry about the family you were born into. 

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

Fucking Windbags. Those celebs talked a big game about this and that but not one of the A listers has left Hollywood that i know of.  If you have the means and money and you hate this country that much for whatever valid or invalid reasons and spread it all over the media  just GTFO or shut up.  Most US citizens can’t just up and leave  and that’s a different matter naturally . 

Does this apply to the celebrities that threatened to leave if Obama was elected and didn’t as well? I mean, if we’re being fair, they should leave first because they’re way behind. 

I read somewhere that once you have had 2 boys (or 2 girls for that matter), you can have a bigger chance of having another boy (or girl)? So perhaps many boys for Jessa and Jill?

Yet another boy! Definitely looks like a hospital birth to me. He is certainly very cute. The name seems pretty spot on for them. I guess it is okay.

Still just Mac and Meredith for the girls though. Jinger will be the first Duggar daughter to have a girl.  

Also, when I first saw the picture I thought Joy looked a lot like young Michelle holding that baby.

I think if you feel that strongly about leaving this nation and say you will and can easily do it.. and then you suddenly forget all about your declarations you are a hypocrite.  

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

I think if you feel that strongly about leaving this nation and say you will and can easily do it.. and then you suddenly forget all about your declarations you are a hypocrite.  

Honest Question - Have you considered that people, regardless of celebrity status, are emotional creatures and sometimes speak without thinking in emotional moments? Have you also considered that these “fucking windbags” may actually be patriotic Americans who love this country enough to stay and attempt to make it a better place for everyone? Perhaps they realized, like many people did, that fleeing the country wouldn’t do anything to solve the very real issues we are facing right now. 

10 pounds! Good grief he’s the biggest one yet!

I am so relieved that it’s a boy! Other than Josh and Anna, they are the last Duggar couple I would want to have a daughter.

And he wasn’t born on my birthday, so that’s a win for me!

Awww, Gideon is so cute!! And a fundie name that I actually like!! Wonders never cease.

I hope Joy had an easy birth (or, rather, as easy as possible with a 10lb kiddo!).

I'm not into the 'Martyn' spelling, especially paired with Forsyth, but I'm assuming it's a family name? Gideon is nice.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Gideon is a figure from the Old Testament. He was a military leader, judge, and prophet. As a leader of the Israelites, he won a victory over the Midianites despite being heavily outnumbered. 

More importantly though, he was the twin brother of Fabian Prewett and brother of Molly Prewett Weasley. He was killed with his twin by Death Eaters during a duel during Voldemort’s first rise to power. So I’m just going to pretend they named him for the Gideon in Harry Potter instead of the Gideon in the Bible. :pb_lol:

Less fun fact about the Midianites: their slaughter in the Bible is actually the earliest record of what we would now call a genocide...and it is backed by the archeological record. There was a Midianite culture. Then suddenly, they are completely snuffed out. They vanish. And the Bible tells us why.

Just now, tabitha2 said:

Well sure. But that swings both ways, and like I said, we should go in order and start with the folks who threatened to leave but then rode out the Obama administration. But just because you have money to LEAVE doesn’t mean that you’re eligible for a visa elsewhere.  

And disagreeing with the government is not hating the country. And people can change their minds. If people who thought they were going to leave changed their minds after seeing the response to the inauguration and decided their resources would be better spent here, I see nothing wrong with that. 

1 minute ago, CarrotCake said:

So wait, exactly 9 months after the wedding. :-D

Or he was born 2 months ago, hence the large size...

now where’s my troll emoji?

6 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

So wait, exactly 9 months after the wedding. :-D

3 days before actually... I’m glad they waited 3 days to announce, wether it was TLC’s/ People’s , or their own decision, I’m glad they had a few days to themselves

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

3 days before actually... I’m glad they waited 3 days to announce, wether it was TLC’s/ People’s , ir their own decision, I’m glad they had a few days to themselves

Oh I did not read the article, then they probably waited for the new season premiere to announce ;-)

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived