IGNORED

Joy and Austin 19: 273 Days After the Wedding Gideon Arrived

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Honest Question - Have you considered that people, regardless of celebrity status, are emotional creatures and sometimes speak without thinking in emotional moments? Have you also considered that these “fucking windbags” may actually be patriotic Americans who love this country enough to stay and attempt to make it a better place for everyone? Perhaps they realized, like many people did, that fleeing the country wouldn’t do anything to solve the very real issues we are facing right now. 

Very poetic. Sure. Some maybe .Or they could be  billionaire A listers and celebrities with a very large microphone  who very sincerely believed Hilary was going to be elected  and talked a good game loudly and then couldn’t back it up with actions. Because as we have seen Hollywood land is hardly filled with upstanding honest folk who just want  to do good. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I'm not into the 'Martyn' spelling, especially paired with Forsyth, but I'm assuming it's a family name? Gideon is nice.

Martyn is Austin's middle name!

Ah another Duggar grandson. That's 9 to 2 now. Interesting.. Gideon is such an awesome name despite the fact that the only one I know is a cocaine addict.  

But poor boy being born into that family. Free Gideon! 

10 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

I read somewhere that once you have had 2 boys (or 2 girls for that matter), you can have a bigger chance of having another boy (or girl)? So perhaps many boys for Jessa and Jill?

That's a myth, but is partially incorrect. Sperm does not have a memory. Here you can see a study on it: http://www.ingender.com/Gender-info/Odds-of-having-another-boy-or-girl.aspx 

23 minutes ago, LimeKitty said:

So fucking move. Or will you be like all those celebs who threatened to leave America if Trump was elected but are still here?

NO YOU get out!  I'll tell you what I told an ex-friend. If I hated America so much I'd vote republican.

Gideon’s name makes me think of those Bibles they’d hand out at school. 

Also you wanna know something? In America we have the right to disagree. Where I think the problem lays is we don’t challenge ourselves to think of the other side ; or have a civil  conversation.  No one is going to be happy 100% is the time. 

Just now, BunnyBee said:

Martyn is Austin's middle name!

I can't snark on family names even if they are stupid.  My Dad's middle name is my grandfathers 1st name, my brothers middle name is my dad's 1st name and my son's middle name is his dad's 1st name.

Gideon is such a biblical name! Never really heard it outside of religious contexts. So yeah, it fits these fundies perfectly ;) 

I am sorry but Gideon is a name with an awful story behind it. Look it up. Also read about the Midianites and the charming bits from the Old Testament that refer to them. There was a bit about slaying all of their non-virgin women and taking the women who have not yet known a man as slaves, right? How ISIS of the good old Bible. 

Of course righteous Joystin would choose the name of a biblical hero leads God's chosen ones to slay a 'wayward' culture. Perfect ambitions from fundie parents.

Also: may NO Duggarling ever have a girl. 

I would leave if I could but not for political reasons. But money and family  keeps most every American who would leave stuck here. Angelina and Brad and their friends don’t have that excuse if they don’t want to be here.    And Most of these Mega Hollywood types will have been to at least one Trump society Function, Hotel or party in their career with no thought of it. But now they profess their hate and revulsion. 

Just now, Queen said:

Gideon is such a biblical name! Never really heard it outside of religious contexts. So yeah, it fits these fundies perfectly ;) 

You never watched Criminal Minds. :lol: I like the name, I wouldn't have picked it but it could SOOOOOO MUCH WORSE!

2 minutes ago, Edhelfin said:

I am sorry but Gideon is an awful name with an awful story behind it. Look it up. Also read about the Midianites and the charming bits from the Old Testament that refer to them.

Also: may NO Duggarling ever have a girl. 

OR, or, he is named after Gideon from the original Criminal Minds seasons (who was an amazing character :lol:

@allthegoodnamesrgone OH MY GOSH great minds think alike! 

Honestly, I should probably just MOVE ALONG at this point but every fiber of my adamant being is telling me to just say two final comments regarding the subject:

1. People are allowed to want to move anywhere for any reason... the same people are also allowed to move or not move for any reason, without criticism.

2. Comparing the Hollywood elite to your average U.S. citizen is the most nonsense thing I’ve ever heard. 

Im sorry, I’m done, yay for Joy having a baby boy (I guess?)!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I would leave if I could but not for political reasons. But money and family  keeps most every American who would leave stuck here. Angelina and Brad and their friends don’t have that excuse if they don’t want to be here.    And Most of these Mega Hollywood types will have been to at least one Trump society Function, Hotel or party in their career with no thought of it. But now they profess their hate and revulsion. 

Do you not understand how a democracy works? If everybody left because they disagree with the government, NOTHING WOULD EVER CHANGE. I have nothing but understanding for those who do leave because self care is extremely important, but I applaud everyone who stayed and continues to fight against this horrific administration.

And if you don't understand what the difference is between going to a society function at a Trump hotel when he was just a private citizen and having Trump as president, then there's really no helping you. I don't know if you're really this dense or just a hypocritical asshole troll, but I'm going to assume the latter. Fuck you.

2 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

For those of you who use the metric system and can't easily convert in your head: Gideon weighed 10 lbs. and 3 oz. which is 4.62 kg. 

That is such a big baby, he was 1 pound heavier and 2 inches longer than my biggest baby, and I'm a good 5 inches taller than Joy I can't imagine that short of a woman having that big of a baby, I'm so glad they seemed to get a brain and at least get to a birthing center if not a hospital to have him. I'm guessing she delivered naturally since she's back home.

9 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You never watched Criminal Minds. :lol: I like the name, I wouldn't have picked it but it could SOOOOOO MUCH WORSE!

mandy patinkon - great episodes with him 

5 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Do you not understand how a democracy works? If everybody left because they disagree with the government, NOTHING WOULD EVER CHANGE. I have nothing but understanding for those who do leave because self care is extremely important, but I applaud everyone who stayed and continues to fight against this horrific administration.

And if you don't understand what the difference is between going to a society function at a Trump hotel when he was just a private citizen and having Trump as president, then there's really no helping you. I don't know if you're really this dense or just a hypocritical asshole troll, but I'm going to assume the latter. Fuck you.

They loudly proclaimed to the media they would leave if Trump was elected  and then they didn’t not. Not one of them.  That’s makes them hypocrites and liars. If you can’t understand that that then  you are very stupid so I will gladly take your fuck you’s and send them back to you with a smile. And   These are the same fine upstanding people who hobnobbed with Weinstein and Polanski when their actions were an open secret in Hollywood but acted outraged when their nastiness came to public light. You think they Did not know what Trump wS doing or not doing? Really?   

Bless your heart dear.

Holy God that's a huge baby! Poor Joy. 

Well, I got the sex right, and everything else wrong. :pb_lol:

Putting aside the story behind it, I have always liked the name Gideon. Gideon Martyn Forsyth flows nicely. All in all it seems like a good, solid name.

I am not happy at all that they had a boy instead of a girl. Their boys will be the future patriarchs, headships, oppressors and abusers. I think more children born into fundamentalism is bad news regardless of their sex. That said, I would not wish infertility on them, either - so what I basically default to hoping is that they will leave fundamentalism. That's pretty much all I can hope for.

I'm very happy that Joy and the baby are healthy.

She looks super young, and also her makeup looks like it either doesn't match or oxidized badly, but I'm not going to blame a mom of a newborn no matter what she looks like. 

I love the name Gideon. One of my doll characters is named Gideon. He's a fanged, gray skinned tomb robber who works for a black-market antiquities/counterfeit dealer and is rumored to be a demon. Maybe if I can hold this inspiration until I get home I'll write a bit on his story this evening.

Also, a married couple who I am close friends with grew up extremely Fundie. They are both now still Christian, but also quite liberal and not fundie in the slightest, so I hold out hope that someday one of the Duggar kids will see the light as they did.

1 hour ago, nst said:

Baby BOY IS HERE 

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-welcomes-first-child-austin-forsyth/

10pounds _ HOLY moly 

The Duggar family has expanded yet again: Joy-Anna and her husband Austin Forsythwelcomed their first child, PEOPLE exclusively confirms.

The healthy baby boy arrived Feb. 23. He was born at 3:39 p.m., measuring 22 inches long and weighing 10 lbs., 3 oz.

“We are blessed beyond measure with the arrival of our son, Gideon Martyn Forsyth,” the couple tells PEOPLE. “Looking at our child for the first time was such an incredible moment! God is so good, and we are so thankful.”

The new mom and Gideon are both doing excellent.

Well, I officially share a birthday with a Duggar grandchild...:my_confused:

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived