IGNORED

Joy and Austin 19: 273 Days After the Wedding Gideon Arrived

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

The Duggar girls don't have a very good track record with home births, do they? Out of 5 births, 4 necessitated hospitalization for the baby and/or mother. 

I wonder if they'll accept that maybe home births just aren't for them.

You think that maybe someone is trying to tell them something??? Like, I don't know, maybe it's a sign from someone??

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations videos are being uploaded to the Duggar’s Youtube page. Here are the ones posted so far.

Spoiler

Spoiler

In Ben and Jessa’s video, it’s basically 2 minutes of Ben talking about how he correctly guessed the baby’s size while Jessa stares blankly at the camera. :pb_lol:

If Joy had a c-section, would she be able to hold Gideon the way she was holding him in the first family photo?  (I'm not sure what the official name for that pose is but maybe cradle hold, kind of high).  I haven't had a c-section but it seems like pics I've seen of c-section moms just one or 2 days out they are usually holding the baby lower and have pillows over the abdominal area.

On a big baby note, my 3rd was 9 lb 11oz and 22" long.  When he was born they took him over to get measured and the doc said something like, "oh he's about 7 1/2 pounds".  The  nurse said, "no way, that's a big baby. He's about 8 1/2."  Then they got his stats and the nurse started giving the doc a really hard time..."you were off by over a kilogram!!!"  

37 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I'm conflicted on this. Initially, the Duggars billed their show as their mission. They are the folks who sold their private moments (and their kids' private moments) and anonymity away as a commodity in exchange for easy cash. They made their family's private moments their job. WE did not demand it, they willing offered it to multiple sources for easy money. SO... I was a nurse for 35 years. I made that choice. Now while working as I a nurse, I couldn't expect to pick and choose what part of the job that I was willing to do while I was getting paid.

The Duggars seemingly want to have the attention when it suites them. Their choices in a profession may not allow them what they want at all times.

They are not that special.

Perhaps, like Derick has decided, the juice is not worth the squeeze. That's life in the REAL world.

JB & MEchelle wanted the attention, the kids had no choice, epically the little ones, who were born into it and ones who were to young to understand.  Each Duggar spawn can now choose how much of their life to share with the public, well at least Joy & JInger since their husbands have jobs and haven't gotten fired from TLC, yet.

Jim Bob looks like he's lost some weight in that video. It could be the camera angle because he's holding it up high to get Michelle in the shot too. Jessa sometimes makes me think of Elizabeth Olsen.  

6 hours ago, Someone Out There said:

Maybe the Duggars have higher blood pressure?  Last year a study was published that indicates that blood pressure may affect the sex.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/womens-blood-pressure-before-pregnancy-could-determine-the-sex-of-their-baby/

Interesting article! I could definitely believe that there are some biological factors that can influence which sperm reaches the egg and I like reading about it.

If others read, this one section from the blog write-up is wrong, "Previous studies have demonstrated how times of war and other stressful events such as economic depression or natural disasters can affect the proportion of boys and girls born in a localized region. Though the reasons are unclear, scientists suspect more boys are born during these times as the fetuses may be stronger and survive through pregnancy, making the conception ratio still 50:50 but the actual birth rate slightly skewed."

Due to higher male death rates or higher female fetus mortality, in normal times, the birth ratio is about 105 boys: 100 girls. But population studies during natural disasters and famines such as the Great Leap Forward in China have shown that this ratio changes and more FEMALE babies are born in hard times (https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/times-of-famine-linked-to-disproportionate-number-of-female-births-1110208/). The baby boys that ARE born tend to fare better than a group of baby boys born during calmer years (in terms of infant mortality and making it to puberty). This has been contributed to low caloric/sugar intake skewing towards girl babies, maybe because on an evolutionary sense we need more girls than boys to keep the population going and a woman's body wouldn't want to "waste resources" in times of famine on a baby boy, especially if that baby is sick. I don't think anyone knows for sure but I find all of this fascinating!

Jessa and Ben were really cute, Jessa looks really good, so relaxed and pretty, her and Ben are having good time, enjoining life right now.  Interesting that none of the sisters seem to have been there.

My only issue with Gideon is that there doesn't seem to be any good nicknames.

Adam, Benjamin, Caleb, Daniel, Ephraim, and Frankincense...'cause he smells so sweet.  (And Gideon).

1 hour ago, viii said:

Everyone always says I'm so un-Canadian because I like my poutine with melted mozza cheese instead of traditional cheese curds. 

i have never had that....

Ben and Jessa are cute in the video 

there i said it. 

better than the photo 

damn 

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked this topic

Archived