IGNORED

Jinjer 37: The Joys of Pregnancy

Coconut Flan

I've had multiple friends not find out the sex of the baby before delivery. I'm due in 3 weeks and personally I was on the fence about it. All my life I'd always said that I'd just HAVE to know what I was having, and then when I actually got pregnant I started thinking that maybe it would be fun to just let it be a surprise. My DH wanted to find out, so we did. It was fine because I'm such a planner that I'm not sure I really could have made it not knowing because I'd want to really decorate the nursery.

I also wanted to be able to shop for clothes and I absolutely hate gender neutral clothing. I don't think boys have to wear blue and girls must be in pink, but rather I'm really picky about baby clothes and I find most gender neutral stuff to be really cheesy looking (bees, elephants, etc) and I hate yellow/green things.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LacyMay said:

I'm only guaranteed to pre heat the oven when I'm baking. Otherwise it's a 50/50 chance. 9ve never really noticed it making a difference. 

I couldn't even fathom not heating up my oven all the way before cooking. I had one bad experience with food poisoning and it has made me OCD about cooking meals exactly by instruction. Even then, I'm super weird about undercooked food. More power to the people with stronger stomachs who can do that though. I'm a weakling :pb_lol:

If they DO know, then I'm 90% sure it's another boy. If it was a girl, you'd think they'd be capitalizing on the ~first Duggar~ having a girl. 

10 minutes ago, viii said:

If they DO know, then I'm 90% sure it's another boy. If it was a girl, you'd think they'd be capitalizing on the ~first Duggar~ having a girl. 

Unless they want to make it EXTRA special by waiting until the birth for the grand reveal.

Or Jeremy wants to prove his independence from the Duggar machine by NOT making a big deal out of it, because after all, the baby isn't a Duggar it's a Vuolo!

I'll laugh if it is another boy, though. It's really something that they've had so many boys, and Anna is the only one who's had girls.

Just now, SnazzyNazzy said:

They have to have something for next season. 

I had to laugh like how in the first episode, it's the bachelor/bachelorette party for Joe and Kendra and in the second birth episode, Kendra's pregnant. Their timelines are so screwy. 

33 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

They could just re-show Joe and Kendra's wedding.  Or wedding preparations.  Or Jill choosing a dress. Or the flashback to Jill choosing a dress when Jessa chose her dress.  Or the flashback to Jill and Jessa choosing their dresses when Jinger chose her dress.  Or the flashback to Jill and Jessa and Jinger chosing their dresses when Joy chose her dress.

I don't think the Duggar's know as when they reshared the JInger 22 week photo on their facebook they said they couldn't wait to find out what this grandbaby would be. 

9 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

This is how I predict the next season will go:

Episode 1: Joe and Kendra's Greek honeymoon. They try unfamiliar food, do some sightseeing, participate in some kind of cooking class and/or cultural activity, and giggle about how special it is to finally be alone together and what their favourite part of the honeymoon/being married is. We'll also be treated to plenty of flashbacks of other Duggar honeymoons. Back in Arkansas, Joy is pregnant and nauseated and Austin paints her toenails. Jim Bob still thinks he's going to have 200 grandchildren. Jana and the little girls decorate Joe's house while he's away. Jessa shows up and tells them they did it wrong and changes all kinds of shit. Spurgeon has a temper tantrum and Henry is just chilling. Jessa laughs. Jana says something weird about Kendra and Joe filling this cabin with little blessings of their own before long.

Episode 2: Joy is still pregnant. Yes, of course, we have to see her entire pregnancy play out, even though we've already seen the birth. Jill does some kind of midwifey shit with a doppler for her. (Jill and Derick will continue to mysteriously appear in footage and talking heads even though according to Derick they've had nothing to do with TLC for months and months, maybe years, or maybe they were never on TLC at all, TLC just photoshopped their holograms into the show!!) Mason and Sam's births will be mentioned but not shown. Michelle, Jill, Jessa and Anna will gather to give Joy some precious advice as a first time mommy. Josiah flies some people around in a plane, and we get our first glimpse of Lauren who is a "family friend".

Episode 3: Joe and Kendra have returned from their honeymoon and are setting up house in their log cabin. Joe works on the car lot. Kendra loves being a wife!!!! Some guests (Jessa/Ben and Joy/Austin?) come over for dinner, and something goes hilariously wrong with the preparations! Meanwhile in Laredo, Jinger and Jeremy celebrate their one-year anniversary however TLC tells them to and give some kind of coy wink-wink answer to the baby question. Joy and Austin put the finishing touches on their house. They set mouse traps and Joy has an existential crisis about how to hang dish towels.

Episode 4: Jessa clips Spurgeon's toenails. Ben gets a new hat and impulsively buys some socks that were on sale at the same time. JD, Josiah, Jed, Jer and some of the other guys fix a car. Josiah has a very special question for a very special young lady named Lauren Swanson. They've been texting for a while and now he wants to take it to the next level and ask her to court. He surprises her by flying to Georgia and hiding under her pew at church or something. She says yes!!! Flashbacks to other Duggar courtship proposals.

Episode 5: Joe and Kendra have a very special and precious announcement: they're expecting! They chat to each other and the cameras about how they're going to tell everyone. Someone at the TTH tries to bake a cake and it burns. Jackson breaks his toe. Joe and Kendra show up and make their announcement and everyone pretends to be surprised. Flashbacks to their courtship, engagement, wedding and honeymoon, and the pregnancy announcements of Joe's siblings. Everyone is so excited for Kendra and Joe. So excited. So excited. So excited. But wait, there's more! Jinger and Jeremy have a special announcement too! They're expecting!!! Cue 20 minutes worth of talking heads about how neat it is that two more grandbabies are on the way. Maybe they'll be girls, or TWINS!!! Kendra thinks it's soooooooo neat that she and Jinger are due within a month of each other! Jinger is like, "Yeah, that's cool." 

Episode 6: Joy gives birth. Of course we've already seen her give birth, but now we get the extra special 2-hour-long full episode, consisting of approximately ten minutes worth of her actual labour and delivery, and an hour and a half of people doing laundry, shots of cows in fields, interviewers asking various Duggars to define random words like 'gynecologist', the other women reminiscing about their previous labours, and Kendra looking forward to hers. More cows in fields. Then Josiah travels to Georgia and proposes to Lauren. She says.... YES!!!

Episode 7*: Preview episode of Josiah and Lauren's wedding. Don't worry, we'll get to see it all again next season.

Episode 8*: Preview episode of the birth of Joe and Kendra's son. See above. Depending on when the season ends, there may be an announcement/picture/video message tacked on about Jinger's baby as well, but no actual birth episode.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Episode 4: Jessa clips Spurgeon's toenails. Ben gets a new hat and impulsively buys some socks that were on sale at the same time

I will be on the edge of my seat with Ben buying hats. What one will he choose? Will he get white socks or black socks? Will he buy more than one pack of socks since they're on sale?

JinJer collects Starbucks mugs. You can see them when they are trying their espresso. They probably have like 30 mugs if I had to guess 

1 hour ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

I will be on the edge of my seat with Ben buying hats. What one will he choose? Will he get white socks or black socks? Will he buy more than one pack of socks since they're on sale?

In my mind it's some kind of buy-two-get-one-free deal, just too good to pass up. He thinks Jessa will understand.

10 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:
JinJer collects Starbucks mugs. You can see them when they are trying their espresso. They probably have like 30 mugs if I had to guess 

I loved seeing her collection! I, too have a large collection..48 mugs...I would totally send her a mug from my state if didn't have it. I also desperately want that same espresso machine she has. It's an older Starbucks model and hard to find. I've been eyeing that same coffee roaster and lastly, I ,too, dream of starting a coffee business soon!
So, yeah, super excited. Jinger is totally my coffee spirit animal. Yeah.

1 minute ago, Bojonomo said:

I loved seeing her collection! I, too have a large collection..48 mugs...I would totally send her a mug from my state if didn't have it. I also desperately want that same espresso machine she has. It's an older Starbucks model and hard to find. I've been eyeing that same coffee roaster and lastly, I ,too, dream of starting a coffee business soon!
So, yeah, super excited. Jinger is totally my coffee spirit animal. Yeah.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I got real excited when I saw them in the background. I have about 50 mugs I think... I only collect places I’ve been or if it’s gifted to me. 

Im wanting an espresso machine, any really, but I don’t have room because I have so many mugs :56247958035f1_32(18):

I have a mug addiction. I have to physically stop myself from buying new mugs. It's a problem. I'm running out of cupboard space.

16 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

In my mind it's some kind of buy-2-get-one-free deal, just too good to pass up. He thinks Jessa will understand.

If they show this sweet and presious moment where Ben buys socks and a new hat I will watch, totally!

I'm going to start fining FJers who use the word "precious."  That'll be worth 10 cents.  25 cents for "so precious."

1 minute ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I'm going to start fining FJers who use the word "precious."  That'll be worth 10 cents.  25 cents for "so precious."

What a precious idea. Go for it. :laughing-rofl:

5 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Spoiler

walking-dead-precious.gif?w=650

I hate this show but couldn't help it. 

4 hours ago, viii said:

I had to laugh like how in the first episode, it's the bachelor/bachelorette party for Joe and Kendra and in the second birth episode, Kendra's pregnant. Their timelines are so screwy. 

Well, considering episode 1 last night was Joy's announcement, and then the second one was her giving birth, they seemingly held the birth episode TV airing until she'd officially become pregnant in the episode timeline, but were cutting it pretty fine. (Putting it on their website doesn't really count for that in my mind.) 

At least she didn't have the baby before her honeymoon episode aired, since even Jessa admitted in the announcement episode that it had to be a honeymoon baby. That would have been even weirder! By airing Joe & Kendra's wedding (yet again) next week they make sure that she doesn't have HER baby before her wedding episode in the show's actual timeline. Assuming they're going to have a proper season, presumably they aim to air J&K's honeymoon before she's due this summer. 

J&J waiting so long to get pregnant (intentional or not) does mean that while they may have their baby before THEIR announcement episode, there's no chance of the baby coming before they've been shown to have been married longer than a month.

Yeesh.

14 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Well, considering episode 1 last night was Joy's announcement, and then the second one was her giving birth, they seemingly held the birth episode TV airing until she'd officially become pregnant in the episode timeline, but were cutting it pretty fine. (Putting it on their website doesn't really count for that in my mind.) 

At least she didn't have the baby before her honeymoon episode aired, since even Jessa admitted in the announcement episode that it had to be a honeymoon baby. That would have been even weirder! By airing Joe & Kendra's wedding (yet again) next week they make sure that she doesn't have HER baby before her wedding episode in the show's actual timeline. Assuming they're going to have a proper season, presumably they aim to air J&K's honeymoon before she's due this summer. 

J&J waiting so long to get pregnant (intentional or not) does mean that while they may have their baby before THEIR announcement episode, there's no chance of the baby coming before they've been shown to have been married longer than a month.

Yeesh.

no doubt Siah will be married before Lauren is even introduced into the show. 

4 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

no doubt Siah will be married before Lauren is even introduced into the show. 

Given that the show's timeline seems to keep slipping farther behind at the same time that the Duggars are having "major life events" ever closer together, you may well be right! I don't think they can sustain whole season(s) around the planning of individual weddings much longer. Maybe that's why this season is only like 7 episodes. They plan to start the next one within the next two months to try to catch up, while still starting  the "season" with a honeymoon and ending with a wedding, and shoehorning in a recent birth?

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived