Jinjer 37: The Joys of Pregnancy

Coconut Flan

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Us weekly is releasing various articles on the girls’ pregnancies and stuff

here’a Jinger’s:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/pregnant-jinger-duggar-opens-about-getting-ready-for-her-first-baby/

i like the picture of Jinger and Jeremy they posted there

poor JInger worrying she'll have to deliver a 10 pounder. well at least we have an answer on whether or not they know the Gender. 

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well at least we have an answer on whether or not they know the Gender. 

We do? Oh wait, it's actually a separate article - here's the link for whoever's curious: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/does-jinger-duggar-know-the-gender-of-her-baby/

No word on whether they're planning to find out the "gender" before birth or not.

I know that US is a total rag but for God's sake when it comes to sex v. gender, is it that much to ask that their editor know this basic fact? I don't expect Jinger to get it and they probably would totally dismiss that there is even a difference, but a publication should.

22 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Don't know why, but this made me laugh and laugh.  Probably just the idea that anyone would have an impulse to buy socks :)

Haha I did, just yesterday! Owls, pandas, and kitty socks! I love socks! 

The caption in the article @VBOY9977 linked reads "Jinger and Jeremy Duggar." Jeremy must be fuming! :pb_lol: Looks like the Holy Jim Boob reigns supreme.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:36 AM, kachuu said:

I couldn't even fathom not heating up my oven all the way before cooking. I had one bad experience with food poisoning and it has made me OCD about cooking meals exactly by instruction. Even then, I'm super weird about undercooked food. More power to the people with stronger stomachs who can do that though. I'm a weakling :pb_lol:

It doesn't require a strong stomach, just some knowledge of what various foods go through in the cooking process, and when the finished result will be better if the oven is already hot, and when it simply doesn't matter. There are lots of things that make a difference. For example, when you cook a raw piece of meat, the timing will be more accurate and it'll be done to your taste within a calculated time if you have let it warm to room temperature first and then put it into a hot oven. If you're roasting, some vegetables do better if the pan as well as the oven is preheated. When you're baking bread, cookies, cakes, etc., the oven nearly always must be heated first so that they will rise properly.

However, many other foods merely need to reach a certain internal temperature in order to be done and also safe to eat. Putting them in before preheating will not render them less safe when they're done.

17 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Us weekly is releasing various articles on the girls’ pregnancies and stuff

here’a Jinger’s:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/pregnant-jinger-duggar-opens-about-getting-ready-for-her-first-baby/

i like the picture of Jinger and Jeremy they posted there

Gorgeous picture! And Jinger looks stunning in this picture. I like her more natural and simpler make-up with less eyeliner.

But come on , US weekly; did an intern redact that short video clip? They wrote "Dugger" instead "Duggar" at least one time :D

13 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I do wonder if she'll ever come out and say they were preventing. 

I don't think so, mostly because it is none of our business, no matter how much we are dying to know.

I think Jeremy has said as much as they likely ever will when he was talking about their five year plan.  It was one of those obvious to those who have ears kind of things.

7 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think Jeremy has said as much as they likely ever will when he was talking about their five year plan.  It was one of those obvious to those who have ears kind of things.

I agree, I do think there was some sort of preventing. However, for all we know, they've been trying furiously since the wedding night. 

There’s no guarantee they were preventing, especially considering Jinger’s upbringing. 

My husband and I were trying for a year prior to getting to the point we are now. Started trying Oct 2016. Had an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy in Feb 2017, and another in July 2017. Found out about this pregnancy Nov 2017, due in early July. 

Exactly. I sincerely hope that they were preventing, rather than trying and nothing happening. Or worse - trying and miscarrying. However, I think if that was the case, I don't think the family and producers would have been so insensitive with their questions. At least, I hope not. 

11 minutes ago, viii said:

Exactly. I sincerely hope that they were preventing, rather than trying and nothing happening. Or worse - trying and miscarrying. However, I think if that was the case, I don't think the family <snip> would have been so insensitive with their questions. At least, I hope not. 

Of COURSE they would have. They're the Duggars. 

more From the US interview. 

Jinger was surprised at how tired she was. she couldn't stand being in the kitchen so it was a lot of take out for awhile.  Michelle will for sure be at the birth and Jana is invited. Jill of course wants to be there. (No mention of Jessa and lets hope Jill can't make it)

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jinger-duggar-how-pregnancy-surprised-her/

6 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

more From the US interview. 

Jinger was surprised at how tired she was. she couldn't stand being in the kitchen so it was a lot of take out for awhile.  Michelle will for sure be at the birth and Jana is invited. Jill of course wants to be there. (No mention of Jessa and lets hope Jill can't make it)

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jinger-duggar-how-pregnancy-surprised-her/

If Jessa is truly a good sister to Jinger, she'll let the air out of Jill's tires before they fly down to visit Jinger. 

Jinger was always Jessa’s  shadow the latter being more dominate and outspoken and opinionated. Could be Jeremy doesn’t want to compete or is annoyed by her and Jill is easy to manage and he can control any influence. Same for Jana. 

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Jinger was always Jessa’s  shadow the latter being more dominate and outspoken and opinionated. Could be Jeremy doesn’t want to compete or is annoyed by her and Jill is easy to manage and he can control any influence. Same for Jana. 

I don't actually think Jinger wants Jill there but she isn't going to fight it.  just look at the way she words it. 

“I want my mom definitely at the birth of our child and so I’ve invited her and Jana as well and Jill, she wants to make it.

I wonder why Michelle, for now, will be the only one able to make it. The birth is in July. Where are the rest going to be and what are they going to be doing?

3 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I wonder why Michelle, for now, will be the only one able to make it. The birth is in July. Where are the rest going to be and what are they going to be doing?

Assuming Jinger doesn’t have a scheduled induction or c-section, it is really difficult to pin down the timing. Michelle and Jana can just head down to Laredo a couple of weeks before Jinger is due and spend the time helping her get ready for baby. Even with the Duggars’ lack of structure, it’s going to be hard for the other adult sisters to pull that off - it could easily mean being away from home for 2-3 weeks, and they have to bring their kids along (I can’t see any of them leaving the kids behind for that long). I can’t imagine Jinger wants that much chaos in her life.

5 minutes ago, mpheels said:

Assuming Jinger doesn’t have a scheduled induction or c-section, it is really difficult to pin down the timing. Michelle and Jana can just head down to Laredo a couple of weeks before Jinger is due and spend the time helping her get ready for baby. Even with the Duggars’ lack of structure, it’s going to be hard for the other adult sisters to pull that off - it could easily mean being away from home for 2-3 weeks, and they have to bring their kids along (I can’t see any of them leaving the kids behind for that long). I can’t imagine Jinger wants that much chaos in her life.

The birth timing is a good point. Just thought it was weird Jana hasn’t been included yet. But being the eldest daughter and having M away for a week plus all the way down in Laredo, it would make sense that she stays back and cares for everyone else at the TTH with meals and etc. 

If Samuel is weaned by then, Jill could pretty easily leave the boys with Cathy who seems more than happy to step up and pitch in.

I know we (justifiably) crap all over Jill but truthfully I don't see what Michelle adds to the picture here either. OK, she could hold/coo at the baby in that awful affected voice of hers. But it isn't like she is going to come in and clean, cook and be otherwise useful. She's been Queen Bee for way too long. Poor Jana is obviously coming along to make sure everyone is fed and the house isn't falling apart.

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Well, Jill will be hanging on to Derick wherever he goes and whatever he does to make sure those NIKE co-eds don't defraud him by wearing shorts when he's around. So unless Derick goes to Laredo too, Jill will stay in Arkansas.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived