IGNORED

Jinjer 37: The Joys of Pregnancy

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, metheglyn said:

Given that the show's timeline seems to keep slipping farther behind at the same time that the Duggars are having "major life events" ever closer together, you may well be right! I don't think they can sustain whole season(s) around the planning of individual weddings much longer. Maybe that's why this season is only like 7 episodes. They plan to start the next one within the next two months to try to catch up, while still starting  the "season" with a honeymoon and ending with a wedding, and shoehorning in a recent birth?

it took them almost a year for one season to another Joy's wedding in may to the new season in Feb. If they even get a new season I don't see it happening for at least six months. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

it took them almost a year for one season to another Joy's wedding in may to the new season in Feb. If they even get a new season I don't see it happening for at least six months. 

No, the previous season ended in October, not May. And it ended with Joseph's first wedding episode, following Joy's second wedding episode, but that was Joy's official wedding episode after a season of planning her wedding, not the first wedding preview web-episode or the 1 hour special that aired in June. So it was only 4 months between seasons (the previous season ended October 23, the current started February 26). 

Since the new show started, the seasons have run:

1) December 13 - 27, 2015 (Jill & Jessa: Counting On, 3 episode micro season) Fallout of Josh, J&D moving to CA, Spurgeon's birth episode

2) March 15 - May 3, 2016 (Title change to Counting On, 8 episodes) Mostly about J&B, with some J&D, the family trip to visit J&D in CA

3) August 23 - November 15, 2016 (13 episodes) J&J start courting, Jessa's second pregnancy, J&J's first wedding special)

4) January 16 - February 27, 2017 (7 episodes) backtracking to J&J's wedding planning through to J&J's second wedding special and honeymoon, plus Joy's courtship announcement

5) June 12 - July 24, 2017 (8 episodes) Joy's first wedding special, Henry's birth episode, Jill's second pregnancy, Joy's engagement, the after show

6) September 11 - October 23, 2017 (7 episodes) J&K's courtship starts, Joy's wedding planning, J&A's second wedding special, J&K's first wedding special

7) February 26 - March 26, 2018 (7 episodes) J&A's honeymoon, J&K's wedding planning, J&A's baby announcement, Joy's first birth special, J&K's second wedding special

Gaps:
1-2 = 79 days (2 m, 17 d)
2-3 = 112 days (3 m, 20 d)
3-4 = 62 days (2 m, 1 d)
4-5 = 105 days (3 m, 16 d)
5-6 = 49 days (1 m, 18 d)
6-7 = 126 days (4 m, 3 d)

The shortest gap is only 49 days, while the largest gap is between seasons 6 and 7, at just over 4 months. So following that schedule, if CO returns, it should be by August at the latest. Who knows, though? It could be sooner, it could be much longer. 

(Sorry, the previous post triggered my obsessive need to figure out dates and schedules. I pulled the season dates from the wiki page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Counting_On_episodes)

1 minute ago, metheglyn said:

No, the previous season ended in October, not May. And it ended with Joseph's first wedding episode, following Joy's second wedding episode, but that was Joy's official wedding episode after a season of planning her wedding, not the first wedding preview web-episode or the 1 hour special that aired in June. So it was only 4 months between seasons (the previous season ended October 23, the current started February 26). 

Since the new show started, the seasons have run:

1) December 13 - 27, 2015 (Jill & Jessa: Counting On, 3 episode micro season) Fallout of Josh, J&D moving to CA, Spurgeon's birth episode

2) March 15 - May 3, 2016 (Title change to Counting On, 8 episodes) Mostly about J&B, with some J&D, the family trip to visit J&D in CA

3) August 23 - November 15, 2016 (13 episodes) J&J start courting, Jessa's second pregnancy, J&J's first wedding special)

4) January 16 - February 27, 2017 (7 episodes) backtracking to J&J's wedding planning through to J&J's second wedding special and honeymoon, plus Joy's courtship announcement

5) June 12 - July 24, 2017 (8 episodes) Joy's first wedding special, Henry's birth episode, Jill's second pregnancy, Joy's engagement, the after show

6) September 11 - October 23, 2017 (7 episodes) J&K's courtship starts, Joy's wedding planning, J&A's second wedding special, J&K's first wedding special

7) February 26 - March 26, 2018 (7 episodes) J&A's honeymoon, J&K's wedding planning, Joy's first birth special, J&K's second wedding special

Gaps:
1-2 = 79 days (2 m, 17 d)
2-3 = 112 days (3 m, 20 d)
3-4 = 62 days (2 m, 1 d)
4-5 = 105 days (3 m, 16 d)
5-6 = 49 days (1 m, 18 d)
6-7 = 126 days (4 m, 3 d)

The shortest gap is only 49 days, while the largest gap is between seasons 6 and 7, at just over 4 months. So following that schedule, if CO returns, it should be by August at the latest. Who knows, though? It could be sooner, it could be much longer. 

(Sorry, the previous post triggered my obsessive need to figure out dates and schedules. I pulled the season dates from the wiki page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Counting_On_episodes)

ah you are right I was just thinking of the last episode. doh. also how long it took them to announce a new season. I know sister wives new season was announced right away. so i guess we'll see if TLC decides to announce a new season next monday or if they will drag their feet about it. 

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Joy has an existential crisis about how to hang dish towels.

I'm DEAD!  :laughing-rolling:

The rest of the Duggar's are asked what existential is, and Jason said, his favorite kind of eggs.

And then laughs because he secretly knows what existential is but can't let on to his parents for fear of the prayer closet.

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

ah you are right I was just thinking of the last episode. doh. also how long it took them to announce a new season. I know sister wives new season was announced right away. so i guess we'll see if TLC decides to announce a new season next monday or if they will drag their feet about it. 

Yeah, I think this last time they only announced at the beginning of January, so there was the gap of November and December where everyone here on FJ was speculating that the lack of announcement meant the show at been cancelled. Nope, just, as you said, dragging their feet on announcing!

I used to collect mugs. Now I have a thing for bowls and dish towels. Is that a graduation of sorts?

Random question:  when viewing FJ on my phone, some members’ user names are different colors (this isn’t the case when viewing in a browser - Safari or Chrome or Firefox). Whyyyyy????

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I used to collect mugs. Now I have a thing for bowls and dish towels. Is that a graduation of sorts?

Random question:  when viewing FJ on my phone, some members’ user names are different colors (this isn’t the case when viewing in a browser - Safari or Chrome or Firefox). Whyyyyy????

Maybe it is TheRapture.   (Just kidding, just kidding)

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Cause they're special somehow.

Like I can't see used titles etc because I'm on my phone.

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I think different colors are used for different things. Helpmeets are one color, people in the PC are another, and so on. I’m not positive though.

7 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

5 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

Cause they're special somehow.

Like I can't see used titles etc because I'm on my phone.

2 hours ago, Kailash said:

I think different colors are used for different things. Helpmeets are one color, people in the PC are another, and so on. I’m not positive though.

That's it. :) Like a lot of things, you can find out about this in the FAQs. I'm a visual learner/teacher, so I did some screenshots.

Spoiler

First click on the menu/3 lines thingy:20180320_220821.thumb.jpg.c6ca890ef7cb0e5f1970d87ac0b897cb.jpg

Then choose "FAQ":

20180320_220840.thumb.jpg.0efadc3f72db87d842549dc20fb828e4.jpg

The frequently asked questions are divided into categories. Choose "Site Related Questions":

20180320_220858.thumb.jpg.e4563eff474f8fa4cb75e90b0329b37e.jpg

Near the end of the list of FAQs, there's one about the color coding. Choose it:20180320_220437.thumb.jpg.79904dab74ef27810e8ebd1bb417be51.jpg

That takes you straight to the answer:Screenshot_20180320-220340.thumb.jpg.ba7a5e36a259e524f187720dbee2e0ff.jpg

There's also a summary on the main page:Screenshot_20180320-221602.thumb.jpg.ba35546d5f2c160f2304eeed331a8215.jpg

Hope that helps!

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

This is how I predict the next season will go:

Episode 1: Joe and Kendra's Greek honeymoon. They try unfamiliar food, do some sightseeing, participate in some kind of cooking class and/or cultural activity, and giggle about how special it is to finally be alone together and what their favourite part of the honeymoon/being married is. We'll also be treated to plenty of flashbacks of other Duggar honeymoons. Back in Arkansas, Joy is pregnant and nauseated and Austin paints her toenails. Jim Bob still thinks he's going to have 200 grandchildren. Jana and the little girls decorate Joe's house while he's away. Jessa shows up and tells them they did it wrong and changes all kinds of shit. Spurgeon has a temper tantrum and Henry is just chilling. Jessa laughs. Jana says something weird about Kendra and Joe filling this cabin with little blessings of their own before long.

Episode 2: Joy is still pregnant. Yes, of course, we have to see her entire pregnancy play out, even though we've already seen the birth. Jill does some kind of midwifey shit with a doppler for her. (Jill and Derick will continue to mysteriously appear in footage and talking heads even though according to Derick they've had nothing to do with TLC for months and months, maybe years, or maybe they were never on TLC at all, TLC just photoshopped their holograms into the show!!) Mason and Sam's births will be mentioned but not shown. Michelle, Jill, Jessa and Anna will gather to give Joy some precious advice as a first time mommy. Josiah flies some people around in a plane, and we get our first glimpse of Lauren who is a "family friend".

Episode 3: Joe and Kendra have returned from their honeymoon and are setting up house in their log cabin. Joe works on the car lot. Kendra loves being a wife!!!! Some guests (Jessa/Ben and Joy/Austin?) come over for dinner, and something goes hilariously wrong with the preparations! Meanwhile in Laredo, Jinger and Jeremy celebrate their one-year anniversary however TLC tells them to and give some kind of coy wink-wink answer to the baby question. Joy and Austin put the finishing touches on their house. They set mouse traps and Joy has an existential crisis about how to hang dish towels.

Episode 4: Jessa clips Spurgeon's toenails. Ben gets a new hat and impulsively buys some socks that were on sale at the same time. JD, Josiah, Jed, Jer and some of the other guys fix a car. Josiah has a very special question for a very special young lady named Lauren Swanson. They've been texting for a while and now he wants to take it to the next level and ask her to court. He surprises her by flying to Georgia and hiding under her pew at church or something. She says yes!!! Flashbacks to other Duggar courtship proposals.

Episode 5: Joe and Kendra have a very special and precious announcement: they're expecting! They chat to each other and the cameras about how they're going to tell everyone. Someone at the TTH tries to bake a cake and it burns. Jackson breaks his toe. Joe and Kendra show up and make their announcement and everyone pretends to be surprised. Flashbacks to their courtship, engagement, wedding and honeymoon, and the pregnancy announcements of Joe's siblings. Everyone is so excited for Kendra and Joe. So excited. So excited. So excited. But wait, there's more! Jinger and Jeremy have a special announcement too! They're expecting!!! Cue 20 minutes worth of talking heads about how neat it is that two more grandbabies are on the way. Maybe they'll be girls, or TWINS!!! Kendra thinks it's soooooooo neat that she and Jinger are due within a month of each other! Jinger is like, "Yeah, that's cool." 

Episode 6: Joy gives birth. Of course we've already seen her give birth, but now we get the extra special 2-hour-long full episode, consisting of approximately ten minutes worth of her actual labour and delivery, and an hour and a half of people doing laundry, shots of cows in fields, interviewers asking various Duggars to define random words like 'gynecologist', the other women reminiscing about their previous labours, and Kendra looking forward to hers. More cows in fields. Then Josiah travels to Georgia and proposes to Lauren. She says.... YES!!!

Episode 7*: Preview episode of Josiah and Lauren's wedding. Don't worry, we'll get to see it all again next season.

Episode 8*: Preview episode of the birth of Joe and Kendra's son. See above. Depending on when the season ends, there may be an announcement/picture/video message tacked on about Jinger's baby as well, but no actual birth episode.

This post here wins the internet for today. 

Maybe they'll have another season start in May for May Sweeps?

They really need to catch up if they want CO to be sustainable.

So I really hope we're not here in October watching wedding prep for Josiah&Lauren's spring wedding...

4 minutes ago, Taylurker said:

So I really hope we're not here in October watching wedding prep for Josiah&Lauren's spring wedding...

na we'll be here in October watching the courtship and that final will be the engagement we won't even see the full wedding episode until probably 2019. 

even if they do a may season it will be Kendra and joe honeymoon, Kendra and joe move into their new house,  we meet Lauren Jinger and Jeremy announce baby, Kendra and Joe announce baby.  Joy's pregnancy  Season final Siah asks Lauren to court.  with some Jessa Ben and Jana thrown in somewhere. 

15 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I'm going to start fining FJers who use the word "precious."  That'll be worth 10 cents.  25 cents for "so precious."

You're so precious to do that. I hope you share all that precious money with a precious charity. So precious!

12 hours ago, Taylurker said:

I dont know that the Duggars are sweepsworthy considering they still have issues with advertisers.  Looking at other TLC shows, my 600 pound life had a 0.4 with 1.328 million, counting on generally pulls a 0.3 and didnt even make it into the top 25 last week (it did this week).

20 hours ago, metheglyn said:

No, the previous season ended in October, not May

We're actually in the "B" portion of last fall's season by TLC episode numbering.

15 hours ago, Kailash said:

This is so.  The legend is on the bottom of the main page.

I see that was covered.  Oops.

They need to just adopt a schedule that is essentially lite-versions of very special episodes. Cut out the endless filler recaps and every day life stuff. Each major life event gets 1-2 full episodes. A courtship/engagement/wedding arch gets 2 episodes - one for courting/engagement, one for wedding planning and the big event. New babies get one episode - from pee stick to child birth in an hour. Throw in one episode per season to catch up with the unmarried kidults. People time shift their TV watching so much now, they could even convert to a 1x month schedule instead of 4-6 weekly episodes every few months. 

5 minutes ago, mpheels said:

They need to just adopt a schedule that is essentially lite-versions of very special episodes. Cut out the endless filler recaps and every day life stuff. Each major life event gets 1-2 full episodes. A courtship/engagement/wedding arch gets 2 episodes - one for courting/engagement, one for wedding planning and the big event. New babies get one episode - from pee stick to child birth in an hour. Throw in one episode per season to catch up with the unmarried kidults. People time shift their TV watching so much now, they could even convert to a 1x month schedule instead of 4-6 weekly episodes every few months. 

I dont think they can even do that.  Counting on has more characters than Game of Thrones, and GOT was WAY too many!  People need to be emotionally invested in characters they watch on teevee or they'll find something else to watch.  There are too many times where I have to ask "which J'kid is that?"  Every year there are more and more and there is less and less interest.  Either TLC will have to go "all in" on Jinger or Jessa or dump the Duggars entirely barring an exceptional event (like Jana running free).  There are just too many people who dont do anything.

Ben gets a new hat and impulsively buys some socks that were on sale at the same time.

Don't know why, but this made me laugh and laugh.  Probably just the idea that anyone would have an impulse to buy socks :)

This season of counting on was more expensive than previous seasons on VuDu iirc. So that usually means there's more episodes in this season. I don't care enough to look it up though lol. 

Lets go back to 13 episodes per season, one for each adult child which goes more into detail about their lives and not this old pattern of honeymoon-baby announcement- wedding planning- wedding that every season follows it feels like

I did get the feeling the some of these story lines are teasers for spin-off shows. Jinger and Jeremy open a combo Christian bookstore/coffee shop, and get a show like D.C. Cupcakes or Cake Boss. Jana gets a home decor show, maybe partnering with Joy & Austin who will do the major renovations - An even more fundie version of Fixer Upper. I'm not sure about Jessa and Ben - maybe they open a Christian sports camp, or get a US-centric travel show (Ben at least seems to be interested in learning how other people live, and I think Jessa could go along with it within a narrow enough framework). All would be infinitely more interesting than the current formula, and have the added bonus of encouraging independence among the older kidults.

Counting On will never be able to catch up. For a show with so many people appearing on it, it's very cobbled together.

12 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Counting On will never be able to catch up. For a show with so many people appearing on it, it's very cobbled together.

they need more episodes per season like the Bates have it will catch them up but because they are limited to mostly only the older very boring kids it will never happen. 

On 3/20/2018 at 3:26 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

I'm going to start fining FJers who use the word "precious."  That'll be worth 10 cents.  25 cents for "so precious."

Oh great, now I can't comment on threads where tater tot casserole is mentioned.....

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived