IGNORED

Jinjer 37: The Joys of Pregnancy

Coconut Flan

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

@PVMom The pizza will be fine without preheating . Lol

She would hate me, I never preheat my oven unless I'm baking. My oven is old and slow and generally my food is done by the time the oven is "preheated",  And you never know maybe Jeremy likes a soggy crust? Some men just like to watch the world burn, I could see this of him. 

Some things you should never preheat the oven for. That's the secret to my Mom's amazing pound cake. (Which falls every time I attempt to make it. I don't have the gift. :pb_lol:)

4 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Some things you should never preheat the oven for. That's the secret to my Mom's amazing pound cake. (Which falls every time I attempt to make it. I don't have the gift. :pb_lol:)

Bacon is another. Lay it flat on a foil lined cookie pan, put it in the cold oven, turn it to 425, set timer for 20-25 minutes (oven dependant) and your bacon is perfectly sandwich ready. Mine usually makes it to temp a little over halfway through cooking. If your oven heats up faster it will take less time. 

7 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Does it have a great crust?? My great grandmas recipe does this. Starts in a cold oven. Then 300* for 30 minutes and then 350* for the last bit. It works! 

3 hours ago, Nargus said:

Bacon is another. Lay it flat on a foil lined cookie pan, put it in the cold oven, turn it to 425, set timer for 20-25 minutes (oven dependant) and your bacon is perfectly sandwich ready. Mine usually makes it to temp a little over halfway through cooking. If your oven heats up faster it will take less time. 

Lol, I just microwave my bacon and it's done in a couple minutes!

Mr. Knees persuaded me to start cooking bacon stovetop in a pan, low heat, with just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. It takes at least 15 minutes, but I've never looked back!

I only ever preheat my oven when I'm baking. Or when I'm not hungry yet but think I might be in an hour. Our oven is slow and I've never had any issues. And I feel like we just had the preheating conversation somewhere else. 

21 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

I only ever preheat my oven when I'm baking. Or when I'm not hungry yet but think I might be in an hour. Our oven is slow and I've never had any issues. And I feel like we just had the preheating conversation somewhere else. 

I don't preheat. Like..ever.

And I think that discussion was a few pages back :content:

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived