IGNORED

Jinjer 37: The Joys of Pregnancy

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

If Samuel is weaned by then, Jill could pretty easily leave the boys with Cathy who seems more than happy to step up and pitch in.

I know we (justifiably) crap all over Jill but truthfully I don't see what Michelle adds to the picture here either. OK, she could hold/coo at the baby in that awful affected voice of hers. But it isn't like she is going to come in and clean, cook and be otherwise useful. She's been Queen Bee for way too long. Poor Jana is obviously coming along to make sure everyone is fed and the house isn't falling apart.

Michelle is probably there because Jinger wants her mother. Michelle won't add anything but it's not unusual for a woman to want her mother with her when she gives birth.  Jill being there is honestly just a danger to Jinger. you know she'll be trying to act like she's a midwife and knows best. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mpheels said:

Assuming Jinger doesn’t have a scheduled induction or c-section, it is really difficult to pin down the timing. Michelle and Jana can just head down to Laredo a couple of weeks before Jinger is due and spend the time helping her get ready for baby. Even with the Duggars’ lack of structure, it’s going to be hard for the other adult sisters to pull that off - it could easily mean being away from home for 2-3 weeks, and they have to bring their kids along (I can’t see any of them leaving the kids behind for that long). I can’t imagine Jinger wants that much chaos in her life.

If only they had a private plane and a pilot in the family who could fly them places at the drop of a hat. :kitty-wink:

I get the sense Jinger is a private person and really doesn't want family at the birth. I think she feels obligated to invite her mom and with Michelle comes Jana and Jill (who probably invited herself).

19 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I get the sense Jinger is a private person and really doesn't want family at the birth. I think she feels obligated to invite her mom and with Michelle comes Jana and Jill (who probably invited herself).

I think you are completely right about Jill. I'm a bit on the fence about Michelle I think Jinger may be one daughter who is genuinely close to Michelle.  one thing I found interesting that Jinger said about Michelle is that since Jinger was little Michelle would pick up Ginger bread decorations for Jinger when she got older. 

in contrast Jinger just does not seem to be that close to JIm Bob. (Who would want to really) 

Jeremy after last week's episode "Nope, Jinger I love you but no way is Jill going to be anywhere near you when you go into labor.  I'm not dealing with her stupidity while I am freaking out because you are in labor.  Nope not happening."

Jinger "Ok Babe I didn't want her here anyway but didn't know how to tell her without hurting her feelings."  "Hey Jill, umm my headship says you can't come when I give birth and I have to obey him because that's the rules."

2 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Jeremy after last week's episode "Nope, Jinger I love you but no way is Jill going to be anywhere near you when you go into labor.  I'm not dealing with her stupidity while I am freaking out because you are in labor.  Nope not happening."

Jinger "Ok Babe I didn't want her here anyway but didn't know how to tell her without hurting her feelings."  "Hey Jill, umm my headship says you can't come when I give birth and I have to obey him because that's the rules."

Jill wouldn't be away from Derwood. She would totally believe it, totally. I wouldn't trust Dilly Muffin to deliver my mail, let alone a human.

2 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I wish that was true. Or will be true.

Jeremy saying kids were in the 5 year plan is SO different from Anna, Kendra, Joy directly saying “as many as god gives.” I will be shocked (for the first time ever with this family lol) if Jinger and Jeremy have more than 4-5 kids. 

(And honestly disappointed. Do I think jinger is “free?” No! However with 4 kids and Jeremy in Laredo with the way he is, she does have more freedom than Many fundies, including her sisters and SILs)

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Michelle is probably there because Jinger wants her mother. Michelle won't add anything but it's not unusual for a woman to want her mother with her when she gives birth.  Jill being there is honestly just a danger to Jinger. you know she'll be trying to act like she's a midwife and knows best. 

My mother is probably the last person I want with me if I ever deliver a child. We are really close, but both agree that it wouldn't be good for our relationship. I'd love to have my sister with me, because I trust her more than anyone and she is a nurse and therefore has a medical background. I could imagine having my stepdad with me, especially if there wasn't a baby daddy. He is just so calm and encouraging. 

I really hope that Jeremy puts his foot down and forbids Jill from even entering the state of Texas when Jinger is going into labor. 

I only had my husband with me in addition to my doctor and the nurses (and with heathen #2, a neonatologist because of meconium).  My mom is just too uppity, convinced things are going to go wrong at every turn and my MIL makes everything about her so it was an easy decision I made super early on.

In any case Jill won’t be seen if she is there so we we’ll probably never know for sure. But I think it is important to remember even with the low opinion of Jill here she is Jinger’s  sister same  as The others. I really don’t see Jill participating in the Labor so as long as she is just an observer like Michelle it’s really not dire enough to cause family drama and Ill will by actively banning her from even being around. 

7 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

In any case Jill won’t be seen if she is there so we we’ll probably never know for sure. But I think it is important to remember even with the low opinion of Jill here she is Jinger’s  sister same  as The others. I really don’t see Jill participating in the Labor so as long as she is just an observer like Michelle it’s really not dire enough to cause family drama and Ill will by actively banning her from even being around. 

Well, I agree with you. But Jill and Jinger never seemed really close to each other. If one of the young mothers could/should make the trip to TX when Jinger is about to give birth, it would most likely be Jessa IMHO.

The language of that article really hints that Jill invited herself. And I really hope for Jinger's sake she doesn't show. That woman is poison.  Can you imagine if Jinger delivered in a hospital and Jill was there trying to stick her wit her doppler?

It's strange to me that Jessa wasn't mentioned.

Also lol at US for the "Jinger and Jeremy Duggar" caption. 

2 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

Maybe Jessa won't be there because she is due to give birth around the same time :Bang:

I was thinking the same, but didn't want to post for fear of being snarked at. lol

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I was thinking the same, but didn't want to post for fear of being snarked at. lol

Haha, just something that came to my mind when I was thinking of all the possible reasons why Jessa wasn't mentioned :my_biggrin:

Maybe, despite how much she loves her, Jinger feels like Jessa would be a bit too overbearing during childbirth? I love my mother very much, but wouldn't want her with me when I give birth because while she would be trying to help me, I know it wouldn't be the kind of support I will need. My sister, on the other hand, I would be happy to have with me.

Or perhaps Jessa herself doesn't feel she has the patience, calm or other skills to be of much help during that time. As much as I would love to have supported my sister during childbirth, I don't think I would have been at all helpful :) I haven't yet seen the episode of Gideon's birth - was Jessa present?

9 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

Or perhaps Jessa herself doesn't feel she has the patience, calm or other skills to be of much help during that time. As much as I would love to have supported my sister during childbirth, I don't think I would have been at all helpful :) I haven't yet seen the episode of Gideon's birth - was Jessa present?

I don't think that Jessa was there during Gideon's birth and I am not certain that Jinger was there for Spurgeon's. 

14 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't think that Jessa was there during Gideon's birth and I am not certain that Jinger was there for Spurgeon's. 

Jinger was driving to Spurgeon's, but hit a deer. It was a very blessed day, as not only did it bring the baby, but it brought our lord and savior Rufus

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

we'll know if she's there no matter what Derstupid says she is still filmed she was seen at Joy's birth and that was Just taped a month ago. 

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jinger was there for Henry's too but in another room, wasn't she?

Jinger was already married and in Larado for henry's birth. 

Maybe Jinger mentioned that she doesn't want to host a bunch of people when the baby comes and Jessa, being her BFF, is the only one who listened?

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived