IGNORED

Bates 23: Waiting on the Next Wedding

Coconut Flan

New theory:

It's announcing that Trace hurt is foot/ankle whatever and has a Moon Boot*. Or something extremely unexciting like Katie got a job (which is exciting obviously because she gets to leave the house and interact with actual humans, but not special announcement worthy)

(*I don't know what the foot thing is called, but we've always called them a Moon Boot here and I can almost guarantee your all going to laugh at me again for using a different term :P)

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why the Up Network can manage to not show Tori's wedding, then show a season of episodes leading up to Tori's wedding, then show Tori's wedding again. TLC must be so confused by this. Counting On can't manage it any other way. 

4 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Croatia, Europe :my_biggrin:

Cool, me too! Although my family and I have been living the US for over 20 years now.

2 hours ago, JoyfulSel said:

Cool, me too! Although my family and I have been living the US for over 20 years now.

@JoyfulSel really? So Cook to know! :my_biggrin:

Late on the Unity Candle thing, but every Roman Catholic wedding I've ever been to has had a Unity Candle as part of the Mass.  I don't think that's necessarily an "evangelical" thing.  

Trace just posted and Instagram Story that Crown College graduation is tonight.  Is he graduating as well as Tori?  What is he studying?

29 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Trace just posted and Instagram Story that Crown College graduation is tonight.  Is he graduating as well as Tori?  What is he studying?

I think Kelly said he was studying the 1 year bible program they have at Crown, so i guess Katie is graduating too (and Tori). After this only Carlin remains at the school (i am not sure how much she has left, 1 or 2 years?)

5 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Trace did graduate today. And Tori and Josie too I’m pretty sure. Not sure about Katie though. Must’ve been weird for Carlin if she was the only one not graduating today. 

F73022D7-ADAB-4322-AA08-9B982F27BB30.png

Tori graduated with her degree in education. Josie finished her cosmetology program in December, I'm not sure if she would've done the whole commencement walk business today. Trace evidently graduated with some sort of degree or certificate in something....probably their one-year Bible thing (though I swear Trace has been at Crown for 2 years....at least 3 full semesters lol, who knows). Katie I think has only been doing part-time at Crown for 1-2 semesters of the Bible certificate, so I'm not sure where she is on that. 

new theory: special announcement is Trace doing something slightly-unexpected yet still boring-fundie post-"graduation".

Such kind people on here, you give my cynical and jaded ass hope for this world. Despite how most of us feel about these families, the empathy and goodwill feeling toward Michael is beautiful. Even though I/we disagree with her beliefs i dont wish infertilty on anyone and honestly I havent wanted to say it out loud but i think its possible she is... have done since she posted those easter pics... 

Trace Whitfield Bates? Are these people kidding? Is that a name? 

Kelly posted graduation pitcures. Tori, Trace and Josie gratueted. It is Clown college but for a change is nice to see these girls doing something else beside getting married or haveing babies.

They all look so happy. I had my university graduation a few weeks ago so I totally get that feeling.

Whitney is looking fantastic. I don't think she's pregnant, her face is very slim and her waist is tiny in that dress. You can tell her workout efforts are paying off.

Finally, Gil Take your earpod out if your going to pose for photos! A) you look stupid and B ) What could be more important at that moment in time than listening to your children's graduation??

Spoiler

20180508_195310.png.6c4a83fb9cb2c7430af1df2307e841de.png

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

They all look so happy. I had my university graduation a few weeks ago so I totally get that feeling.

Whitney is looking fantastic. I don't think she's pregnant, her face is very slim and her waist is tiny in that dress. You can tell her workout efforts are paying off.

Finally, Gil Take your earpod out if your going to pose for photos! A) you look stupid and B ) What could be more important at that moment in time than listening to your children's graduation??

Hide contents

20180508_195310.png.6c4a83fb9cb2c7430af1df2307e841de.png

First time I looked at the photo it looked like a cigarette butt hanging out of his ear :pb_lol:

Whit look amazing. I might ask her for workout recommendations before the bikini season starts for good...

At least Tori will be able to give her older children a decent home education. If she has the older ones take over for the younger ones, then who knows.

I wonder how the Duggars spin this so the kids don’t question why it’s ok for the Bates to go to college and even a girl to get a Bachelors in Elementary Education but proper education for Jill was frowned upon. 

I'm just going to say it. In every picture Tori is hiding a baby bumb. I know they're all holding their diplomas but hers is really set there. Tori is pregnant.  That's my guess. 

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Yes.

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

What's wrong with it? I don't particularly like Trace as a name, and now that I'm thinking about potential baby names (not pregnant, just starting to discuss this with fiancé---names that work in both languages is hard) I don't really like the sound repetition in Trace Bates. But nothing about it is really weird. 

Whitfield sounds more like a last name than a 'given name' to me, but that boundary has been fluid for a long time. And lots of people have last names as middle names---mine is my mother's maiden name. 

I wonder if he was named after the somewhat obscure confederate officer who was from Tennessee. I originally thought maybe it was after the famous preacher, but that is Whitefield, not Whitfield.  

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I’d argue that’s a rather boring name compared to Isaiah Courage and Warden Justice!

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived