IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

12 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

FYI - 

1. Jessa’s courtship was announced in early September 2013. They started getting to know each other sometime early in 2013, so I think they were being honest about that being the real start of the courtship. 

2. Jinger began courting in May 2016. Apparently, a FJer saw a sign from her bridal shower that popped up online and it listed a date in late May as the start of the courtship. 

3. Joseph began courting in early March, right around the time that Joy got engaged. (Courtship was announced on March 8th.)

4. Joy began courting in October/November 2016. (Courtship announced aroundNovember 15, 2016.)

5. The Smuggars began courting in either very late 2007 or early 2008. 

Otherwise, excellent job. May Rufus bless you. :) 

Thank you, the courtship dates were really tricky to pin down. I think Jessa did start courting in September - I recall when she got engaged, we were all talking about the fact that they courted for **almost** a year - I just can't remember how we knew that they had really started courting in September, and not earlier. If only I'd known I was going to be creating a spreadsheet, I would've taken notes at the time. :pb_lol:

I'd totally forgotten about that bridal shower sign. Damn, you're good! Where do you store all this information?! Can you borrow your brain for a while?!

Not sure about the other three - that is to say, I totally agree with you, I just can't pin down an exact month (i.e. did Joseph and Kendra really start courting in March, or was it late February). Courtship is the most nebulous relationship phase, anyway, because nowadays they have that 'getting to know you' period, and we generally never find out exactly when that started.

@VelociRapture may Rufus abundantly bless you! I have fun with these spreadsheets, but your cheat sheets are absolutely incomparable! 

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17 Kids and Counting, episode two was just recommended  to me on youtube. I've been searching for something to watch for way too long, so I obliged out of boredom. They are in NYC for The Today Show and when they arrive to Time Square by cab, Michelle walks up to the driver and I think for sure she's gonna give him a tract. NOPE! She says "Here's a family picture!" Man oh man oh man. This is right after Jim Bob says something about honest cab drivers in the talking head. 

34 minutes ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

17 Kids and Counting, episode two was just recommended  to me on youtube. I've been searching for something to watch for way too long, so I obliged out of boredom. They are in NYC for The Today Show and when they arrive to Time Square by cab, Michelle walks up to the driver and I think for sure she's gonna give him a tract. NOPE! She says "Here's a family picture!" Man oh man oh man. This is right after Jim Bob says something about honest cab drivers in the talking head. 

there is some interesting things in 17 kids. like the time Josh is going to propose and Anna's dad has to be sure  it's known that they didn't even drop so much as a hint to the Duggar's that Anna liked Josh. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Thank you, the courtship dates were really tricky to pin down. I think Jessa did start courting in September - I recall when she got engaged, we were all talking about the fact that they courted for **almost** a year - I just can't remember how we knew that they had really started courting in September, and not earlier. If only I'd known I was going to be creating a spreadsheet, I would've taken notes at the time. :pb_lol:

I'd totally forgotten about that bridal shower sign. Damn, you're good! Where do you store all this information?! Can you borrow your brain for a while?!

Not sure about the other three - that is to say, I totally agree with you, I just can't pin down an exact month (i.e. did Joseph and Kendra really start courting in March, or was it late February). Courtship is the most nebulous relationship phase, anyway, because nowadays they have that 'getting to know you' period, and we generally never find out exactly when that started.

@VelociRapture may Rufus abundantly bless you! I have fun with these spreadsheets, but your cheat sheets are absolutely incomparable! 

My brain is filled with truly useless knowledge. I’m pretty sure most of this is actually listed in the family summary thread. 

I remember early September for Benessa because they courted 11 months prior to getting engaged. They were outed by one of his family members, so there was speculation they had to rush into the courtship as a result.

Joy and Joseph both had courtships announced on the dates I mentioned above. It’s possible they courted longer than that, but the Duggars tend to have shorter courtship periods overall, so I’m inclined to think their courtships were announced around the time they each started. 

Relationship lengths:

Smuggars - no clue, but I believe they courted around 6 months, and we’re engaged for 3 months. So that gives a total of at least 9 months, not counting the “getting to know you” period.

Dills - 3 month “getting to know you” period and just over 4 months courting. We know they began courting between Erin Paine’s wedding (on November 2) and Thanksgiving because I’m pretty sure Jill was photographed at both events. Engaged just about 3 months, so a total of around 10 months.

Benessa - started “getting to know each other” shortly before Ben turned 18 on May 19th (no exact date given) and just over 11 months courting. Engaged just under 3 months. So at least 16 months total. 

JinJer - 5 month “getting to know you” period (December through May) and two month courtship (May to July.) Engaged for just over 3 months for a grand total of 10 months. 

Joseph - the Duggars being family friends for years with the Caldwells muddies it a bit. They courted for just under 3 months (early March through late May) and we’re engaged for just over 3 months. So at least around 6 months, not counting the “getting to know you” period.

Joy - same situation as Joseph. They announced their courtship in mid-November, were engaged in early March, and married in late May. So at least around six months, not counting the “getting to know you” period.

13 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

there is some interesting things in 17 kids. like the time Josh is going to propose and Anna's dad has to be sure  it's known that they didn't even drop so much as a hint to the Duggar's that Anna liked Josh. 

Someone uploaded a bunch of episodes within the last week. I was struck by the kids comments on how many screens Time Square had and how they weren't used to that. I wonder if any of them were intrigued by or curious of what they saw. It made me all the more sad for them. 

1 minute ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

Someone uploaded a bunch of episodes within the last week. I was struck by the kids comments on how many screens Time Square had and how they weren't used to that. I wonder if any of them were intrigued by or curious of what they saw. It made me all the more sad for them. 

I doubt they were curious. The Duggars always seem to be deeply uncomfortable to be around anyone who isn’t exactly like themselves (ie Southern white reactionary IFBs with a hatred of birth control and abortion). I seem to remember JB and Michelle saying that they always discuss afterwards with the kids when they meet different types of people, which I interpret to mean, “We reassure the kids that those people are different and therefore wrong and going to hell.”

2 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I doubt they were curious. The Duggars always seem to be deeply uncomfortable to be around anyone who isn’t exactly like themselves (ie Southern white reactionary IFBs with a hatred of birth control and abortion). I seem to remember JB and Michelle saying that they always discuss afterwards with the kids when they meet different types of people, which I interpret to mean, “We reassure the kids that those people are different and therefore wrong and going to hell.”

I feel like some of the younger kids may have been as they weren't used to so much stimuli and weren't old enough to fully "know better". It would just seem natural at that age, where as all of the adult children now would turn away from the secular things they saw. 

13 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

My brain is filled with truly useless knowledge. I’m pretty sure most of this is actually listed in the family summary thread. 

I remember early September for Benessa because they courted 11 months prior to getting engaged. They were outed by one of his family members, so there was speculation they had to rush into the courtship as a result.

Joy and Joseph both had courtships announced on the dates I mentioned above. It’s possible they courted longer than that, but the Duggars tend to have shorter courtship periods overall, so I’m inclined to think their courtships were announced around the time they each started. 

Relationship lengths:

Smuggars - no clue, but I believe they courted around 6 months, and we’re engaged for 3 months. So that gives a total of at least 9 months, not counting the “getting to know you” period.

Dills - 3 month “getting to know you” period and just over 4 months courting. We know they began courting between Erin Paine’s wedding (on November 2) and Thanksgiving because I’m pretty sure Jill was photographed at both events. Engaged just about 3 months, so a total of around 10 months.

Benessa - started “getting to know each other” shortly before Ben turned 18 on May 19th (no exact date given) and just over 11 months courting. Engaged just under 3 months. So at least 16 months total. 

JinJer - 5 month “getting to know you” period (December through May) and two month courtship (May to July.) Engaged for just over 3 months for a grand total of 10 months. 

Joseph - the Duggars being family friends for years with the Caldwells muddies it a bit. They courted for just under 3 months (early March through late May) and we’re engaged for just over 3 months. So at least around 6 months, not counting the “getting to know you” period.

Joy - same situation as Joseph. They announced their courtship in mid-November, were engaged in early March, and married in late May. So at least around six months, not counting the “getting to know you” period.

I believe Joy and Austin were talking about a year before the engagement because when Austin goes to ask JIm Bob if he can marry Joy Jimmy bob says something like it was just about a year ago you came to ask if you could get to know joy on a deeper level. 

as for Joe and Kendra I believe when he was going to court her he said something like they had been getting to know each other for six months. 

Question - did anyone hear how the Jim Bob & Mechelle presentation went in St. Johns, Michigan? I am finally getting back to this thread and I didn't see any posts about it. (here is a link back to some of the posts about the event)

seems like Justin maybe picking up where Josiah left off as the family clown. hope he doesn't break that joy. :laughing-lettersrofl:

6 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

I think @singsingsing's spreadsheets should be supplemental figures for the pinned Duggar family summary by @VelociRapture:) LOVE the artichoke.

Gotta admit, I'm going to be a little bit sad when Jinger does her next X Weeks Pregnant update and I have to replace the artichoke with a different vegetable.

I thought the artichoke was a hop for just a moment and I got so excited that Jinger's baby was drinking beers!  But alas, I think I'm just projecting because I'm counting the days until I can have a beer.  At least I can have an artichoke, yummy!  :D 

5 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I’ve been needing an avatar. Maybe an artichoke? 

Wouldn't you need a picture of a million artichokes? ;)

17 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

The Duggars must be celebrating like crazy today - look at what's coming up at Sonic:

http://people.com/food/sonic-pickle-juice-slushes/

The article doesn't specify whether the slushes will be sweet pickle flavored, or dill pickle flavored. :pickle: I'm just weird enough that I might try it once, depending on which it is. :my_biggrin:

It's probably dill. I'd try it. lol

From delish.com:

Food & Wine reports that Sonic will start selling a pickle juice slush this June. The drink is a bright green and combines that sweet slushie flavor with the unmistakable blast of pickle flavor.

And once the drink hits Sonic locations, you can use the pickle-flavored syrup for anything on the menu. That means you could put it in milkshakes, sundaes, or even burgers, as long as you’re okay with possibly paying an extra charge.

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Sonic might make a killing with the Duggars. Product placement or sponsor of Counting On?

Don't give them any ideas! :pb_lol:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived