IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

Pickle juice is an amazing hangover cure. I have a really low alcohol tolerance, and so I rarely drink because it’s likely I will be hungover on as little as one drink, depending on how hydrated and tired I am. I used to drink milk to cure a hangover, but then I went dairy-free. I didn’t urgently need to come up with a new cure because I rarely drink, but somehow, one morning, I stared down an empty jar of pickles and just knew the juice would work, and it did! 

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Ugh blech. Just the thought of a pickle juice slushie gives me hypothetical indigestion. 

I agree, but I have a pregnant coworker who is pretty excited about them. : )

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I agree, but I have a pregnant coworker who is pretty excited about them. : )

Pickles were pretty much the only thing that would soothe my morning sickness a little bit. Even those didn’t help very much or for long though. Fun times, fun times. :pb_lol:

On 1/3/2018 at 11:00 AM, VBOY9977 said:

The TLC article that came along with the video of them announcing said that Counting on will return feb 26th

Haha I read that too fast and I thought you said "COURTING ON" Which would actually be much more appropriate!!! :my_confused:

On 1/3/2018 at 1:53 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Happy new years, snark-friends! 

For 2018 I predict.... JoStin1, JoKen1, JinJer1, Benessa3 in that order. I highly expect Benessa3 to be announced right around lil' Hashbrown's 1st birthday, and for the baby to show up before Spud's 3rd. 

No babies from Jill (I don't think she should start trying until after Sam's 1st bday, having had 2 Csections in a row already...) or Anna (not enough time since Mason yet).

I think it'll be a year of babies for them rather than the courtship-engagement-wedding rush that was 2017 in Duggarland....maybe Josiah, 'cause he seems ready for it, but that's it. Jana and JD still seem to be in no rush, but then again that doesn't mean anything in their world.....just my inkling though! 

Meanwhile, in the Batesverse things are a little more obvious, with Erin and Alyssa both due around April, a Tobby baby most likely forthcoming, and Carlin and Josie both looking towards the altar. Oh, fundies....

Wow!! Reading this now, mid March....you are spot on!! I'm impressed!!!!!

On 1/13/2018 at 1:12 PM, singsingsing said:

dwayne.jpg.ca2e3529bb3fac171899f5bd40cbc7b9.jpg

Thank you for making my day with this picture!! Gawd!!! He's SO hot!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Pickle juice is an amazing hangover cure. I have a really low alcohol tolerance, and so I rarely drink because it’s likely I will be hungover on as little as one drink, depending on how hydrated and tired I am. I used to drink milk to cure a hangover, but then I went dairy-free. I didn’t urgently need to come up with a new cure because I rarely drink, but somehow, one morning, I stared down an empty jar of pickles and just knew the juice would work, and it did! 

Pickle juice is really good for dehydration. I know a number of people who will use it instead of Gatorade in the summer.

39 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I had a pickled bean Caesar yesterday (Canadian alcoholic beverage).  I'm very pro pickle juice now.

Montana's used to have a "pickled Caesar" and ever since he had it the first time, my husband saves jars of pickle juice so he can add an ounce to his caesars at home.

Serious question- is there something scientific about pickle juice that makes it good for nausea? You guys say it helps your hangovers and morning sickness. Maybe I should try it, swap it out for ginger tea in my home remedy repertoire.

I think it has something to do with vinegar being used to calm stomachs, and what does pickle juice have a lot of? Vinegar! 

7 minutes ago, viii said:

I think it has something to do with vinegar being used to calm stomachs, and what does pickle juice have a lot of? Vinegar! 

Also dill is supposed to be good for upset stomachs, and it’s also got salt so electrolytes. 

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Did anyone read the duggar friend krista's blog post on why she "left" Christianity for a while and how the duggars among others brought her back?

https://throughtheconcrete.com/2018/03/18/when-christians-made-me-stop-being-a-christian/

I couldn't get through it. she left the church because of people just like the Duggar's yet the Duggar's helped her come back. this lady is a fruitcake. 

18 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I couldn't get through it. she left the church because of people just like the Duggar's yet the Duggar's helped her come back. this lady is a fruitcake. 

The irony is almost too much.

On 3/20/2018 at 12:46 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Did anyone read the duggar friend krista's blog post on why she "left" Christianity for a while and how the duggars among others brought her back?

https://throughtheconcrete.com/2018/03/18/when-christians-made-me-stop-being-a-christian/

What she describes is definitely the way it's prefereable to live out a faith, if you have one.

Kendra, Joy and JInger talk about faith and how that effects family. 

Jinger talks about couples and faith. 

Kendra and family size 

and joy pisses me off by saying the thing she is looking most forward to is Gideon learning the gospel. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/joy-anna-jinger-and-kendra-duggar-how-their-faith-inspires-them/

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:10 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

We encourage all of you guys out there, pursue your wife as if you were dating her, treat her like a queen, humble yourself and ask for forgiveness when offenses come, before the sun goes down, serve her in every way you can think of and never under appreciate the love she’s offered you by becoming your wife!

Bringing this back to ask if Jim Bob was inspired by this song?!

"We can make a lot of loving 'fore the son goes down."  :brainbleach:

Re: pickles and morning sickness, dill pickles are sour, and sour is one of the things my military nurse practitioner recommended for when I was pregnant with my son. Sour apple blow-pops, sour patch kids, sour gummy worms. I had HG and it helped slightly into the weeks before I got the Zofran script. All that and slushes/Slurpees. 

I was much more boring in my morning/noon/night sickness. Sprite and saltines. If I ate that laying 1/2 down, then waited 5 min, i might just be ok. Eggs, chicken, peanut butter, couldn't be within sight or scent ever. But chocolate cake? My babies came out smelling like the Hershey factory.

On 3/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, mollysmom said:

Thank you for making my day with this picture!! Gawd!!! He's SO hot!!!!!!

I think the "daddy kink" shit that seems to be all the rage in memes/on Tumblr is creepy, but hoo boy did I go "oh fuck I get it" when The Rock grew that silver beard.

10 hours ago, Feminist_Defrauder91 said:

Bringing this back to ask if Jim Bob was inspired by this song?!

"We can make a lot of loving 'fore the son goes down."  :brainbleach:

Come on now,you know they aren't supposed to listen to secular music! LOL

On 3/20/2018 at 2:07 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

The irony is almost too much.

Didn't she describe the people who provoked her to leave as someone from the Westboro Baptist Church? Though that was pretty much the last straw after her boyfriend dumped her, right?

Very interesting. My first thought was she was the friend they threw the surprise baby shower for, but it doesn't appear to be her. Maybe she just has a similar name.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived