IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

Do they know something we don't? Because last time I checked I believe they were just 19 kids and counting. Or does Jubilee suddenly count too. Or... dare I say... JCaleb?

(I know they made a mistake there). 

I think they are counting Tyler. 

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, flycat said:

I think they are counting Tyler. 

But even if they were to gain custody of, adopt, or somehow birth eleventy more children, they'd still only ever be able to say they were from "Reality TV's '19KAC'..." (Not actually trying to quote you here, flycat, but I can't get rid of the stupid thing.)

Interesting that this impromptu reddit AMA isnt being discussed here considering the OP ended up being verified by a mod on the thread!

Just now, BunnyBee said:

Interesting that this impromptu reddit AMA isnt being discussed here considering the OP ended up being verified by a mod on the thread!

Yeah, I saw that... I thought about posting it, but there didn't seem to be any new information, and she didn't know some stuff that's common knowledge at FJ (like Jill's C-sections), so it didn't seem worth sharing to me. She also made some statements that contradict things we've heard from other locals, such as claiming that everyone was shocked by what Josh did, whereas others have said that it was practically an open secret.

The one interesting thing she said was that the Duggars supposedly showed up at a church to protest leaving the Paris Agreement. That definitely doesn't seem to jibe with what we know about them and would be surprising if true.

IDK, but I will say in my hub's large 7 sib family, there are 11 grandkids (9  who are married) and we are looking at great grand kids # 10 and 11 this year, and the oldest GGK is only 4...

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

jibe

Thank you for getting this word right! I see "jive" so often in this context that I was beginning to wonder if anyone other than me ever gets it right.

:clap:

40 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Thank you for getting this word right! I see "jive" so often in this context that I was beginning to wonder if anyone other than me ever gets it right.

:clap:

Agreed. I almost even commented on it, as well. It's so refreshing to be here among those who "get" it. :)

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

She also made some statements that contradict things we've heard from other locals, such as claiming that everyone was shocked by what Josh did, whereas others have said that it was practically an open secret.

I've talked about this before, but I really don't think it was an open secret. Everyone I know who knew the Duggars casually seemed shocked by the revelation about what Josh did. I lived in the area for years and have a ton of friends in common with the Duggars and never heard anything about what Josh did except online. I haven't seen anyone I would consider credible saying it was an open secret, mostly just outsiders claiming it. I'm sure some people very close to the Duggars knew about it, but that doesn't make it an open secret.

3 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I've talked about this before, but I really don't think it was an open secret. Everyone I know who knew the Duggars casually seemed shocked by the revelation about what Josh did. I lived in the area for years and have a ton of friends in common with the Duggars and never heard anything about what Josh did except online. I haven't seen anyone I would consider credible saying it was an open secret, mostly just outsiders claiming it. I'm sure some people very close to the Duggars knew about it, but that doesn't make it an open secret.

Thanks @Rachel333, you’re totally right. Do you recall if it was generally known within their own church? I thought that was the case, but I may be misremembering (and regardless, the poster wasn’t claiming to be part of their old church circle, so it was a mistake for me to say that was a contradiction)!

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Thanks @Rachel333, you’re totally right. Do you recall if it was generally known within their own church? I thought that was the case, but I may be misremembering (and regardless, the poster wasn’t claiming to be part of their old church circle, so it was a mistake for me to say that was a contradiction)!

I really don't know. I would imagine that they would have tried to keep it as quiet as possible, but I don't know who knew what.

Another aspect is that I was in the fundie-ish community where people were generally sympathetic to the Duggars and might have been less likely to share negative information about them.

23 hours ago, SassyPants said:

IDK, but I will say in my hub's large 7 sib family, there are 11 grandkids (9  who are married) and we are looking at great grand kids # 10 and 11 this year, and the oldest GGK is only 4...

Scratch that, just found out that #12 is on the way.

I read through that AMA. The bit that stuck out was Jill being the most arrogant and Joy being the most conservative, which I thought was funny. Otherwise I think that person doesn't seem to know much about them.

I thought some of you might like to see what I'll be regretting on my deathbed. Behold, the Duggar spreadsheets:

The Duggar Family:

Spoiler

duggar_spreadsheet.thumb.png.d0f313e57d8d3a06863cf56a3f98dee2.png

The Married Couples:

Spoiler

marrieds_spreadsheet.thumb.png.b57d7b351e82c8d679b70a705f77e8aa.png

Hopefully those are readable. If not, I'll break them down so each image is larger. Edit: They should be good! Just click on the image to see the close up.

23 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Hopefully those are readable.

OMFG - the artichoke!!! HAHAHAHAHA

LMAO at the artichoke!!!!

I wasn't expecting that as I was scrolling down.

Can't work out what JOken baby pic is, but I am sure it would get a good laugh too!

7 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

LMAO at the artichoke!!!!

I wasn't expecting that as I was scrolling down.

Can't work out what JOken baby pic is, but I am sure it would get a good laugh too!

Kendra's baby is the blue explosion for their gender reveal. Unfortunately they're not on social media, so I have no idea what vegetable/fruit/inanimate object Kendra's baby currently is! :pb_lol:

The photos that go with each person are A+++++++  These are great charts--very useful for fundie family examination. 

Thanks @singsingsing  I confer upon you the degree of MFA (master of Fundie Analysis).  Use it wisely.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I thought some of you might like to see what I'll be regretting on my deathbed. Behold, the Duggar spreadsheets:

The Duggar Family:

Hide contents

duggar_spreadsheet.thumb.png.d0f313e57d8d3a06863cf56a3f98dee2.png

The Married Couples:

Reveal hidden contents

marrieds_spreadsheet.thumb.png.b57d7b351e82c8d679b70a705f77e8aa.png

Hopefully those are readable. If not, I'll break them down so each image is larger. Edit: They should be good! Just click on the image to see the close up.

FYI - 

1. Jessa’s courtship was announced in early September 2013. They started getting to know each other sometime early in 2013, so I think they were being honest about that being the real start of the courtship. 

2. Jinger began courting in May 2016. Apparently, a FJer saw a sign from her bridal shower that popped up online and it listed a date in late May as the start of the courtship. 

3. Joseph began courting in early March, right around the time that Joy got engaged. (Courtship was announced on March 8th.)

4. Joy began courting in October/November 2016. (Courtship announced aroundNovember 15, 2016.)

5. The Smuggars began courting in either very late 2007 or early 2008. 

Otherwise, excellent job. May Rufus bless you. :) 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived