IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very close to me as well, but alas, I am not married nor have I ever been on a first date yet so theres not a chance of going at all haha

On 4.2.2018 at 2:29 AM, Mrs. Figg said:

This is happening. It’s not terribly far from me. I jokingly asked Mr. Figg if we should go. Haha! He wasn’t interested. 

3A67CBB7-0E00-446F-AAFA-A498BF72A139.png

JB looks incredible young in this picture!

They're also doing "Mom's with Michelle Duggar" at 2pm that day. That's THEIR apostrophe. Not mine.

So, why speak at this random Michigan Church?  It's not anywhere near ATI's Northwoods Conference Center. Its it part of a larger tour?

And are there any same sex couples out there who will take one for the team and attend Date Night  Dry Humping with the Duggars? In matching frumpers?

44 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

So, why speak at this random Michigan Church?  It's not anywhere near ATI's Northwoods Conference Center. Its it part of a larger tour?

Huh, I didn't notice the location till now. That's about two hours away from me. Sorry folks, but I won't be attending. :pb_lol:

I agree, though, that does seem bizarre. They must be doing something else in that area. It doesn't make much sense to me that they'd just randomly go there.

Feb 14 is also Ash Wednesday. Do Fundie churches recognize it? Catholics and Anglicans do, and probably others.

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Feb 14 is also Ash Wednesday. Do Fundie churches recognize it? Catholics and Anglicans do, and probably others.

United Methodists do as well, and I believe Lutherans do as well.

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

United Methodists do as well, and I believe Lutherans do as well.

Protestants do. Even though I do not know any protestants who fasts, the Lent is an important period for the church.

2 minutes ago, Rosalie said:

Protestants do. Even though I do not know any protestants who fasts, the Lent is an important period for the church.

I thought Baptists didn't observe Lent, though, and the Duggars and their ilk are mostly Baptists of some stripe or another. Or am I mistaken?

I doubt the Duggars observe Lent. I think majority of fundies don't believe in that "pagan" nonsense, as they'd believe it to be. 

I grew up a fundie form of Evangelical Christian, and we didn't do Lent or Advent, or anything. I started working at a Catholic School three months ago, and so this has been a real learning curve in that regard. We're actually celebrating Valentine's Day on the 13th, because Ash Wednesday happens to fall on the 14th. 

Lent in Lutheran churches always felt like it varied from church to church. My church didn't exactly observe Lent, but my Pastor accepted a swear jar worth of money from me when I attempted to stop swearing for Lent once. :pb_lol: 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Lent in Lutheran churches always felt like it varied from church to church. My church didn't exactly observe Lent, but my Pastor accepted a swear jar worth of money from me when I attempted to stop swearing for Lent once. :pb_lol: 

I am not an expert on the church of Norway, but as far as I understand, people kept at least the mentality behind Lent when church became protestant. People were catholics by heart, even though it became forbidden to be anything else than protestant. So Lent is time for reflection and prayer, we celebrate carnival, and fastelavn is in a way mandatory as long as you are norwegian, religious or non-religious.

If interested, you can read about norwegian Easter traditions here:  http://mylittlenorway.com/2010/04/norwegian-easter-traditions/

Baptists aren't technically protestant. They came along later as part of the English Separatists movement. Their roots are more initially influenced by the Anabaptists (Mennonite for example) than with Methodists and Presbyterians. 

2 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Baptists aren't technically protestant. They came along later as part of the English Separatists movement. Their roots are more initially influenced by the Anabaptists (Mennonite for example) than with Methodists and Presbyterians. 

Anabaptists are generally considered to be protestant, though. 

@singsingsing there's a lot more to it than my condensed version. Scroll down Wiki to "Origins." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptists

ETA: Yes, I think they are considered protestant, but I don't know if they would like that label themselves. Anabaptists were persecuted by Protestants as well as the Catholic Church. 

http://www.anabaptists.org/history/what-is-an-anabaptist.html

https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/the-reformation/the-anabaptists/

What the hell goes on during a date night with the Duggars? I agree they should just call it "Dry Humping with the Duggars" @HereticHick. How many times are JB & M gonna make out in front of everyone and then invite all the other couple to make out too? Like a big fundy orgy. :output_eeMbjt:

Maybe there will be special activities the ingenious JB will come up...like all the couples will tie their hands to their partners during the meal to practice doing things together and afterwards they'll go try to shoot arrows from a crossbow while tied together (like the triple date they had with Benessa and DerJil).  

Then it's back to everyone trying to outdo each other with some more competitive PDF to praise the Lord!  

And then home for a night of sweet lovemaking after all that foreplay. "Nobody can "f@*K for the Lord like us Mama!"

8 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

They're also doing "Mom's with Michelle Duggar" at 2pm that day. That's THEIR apostrophe. Not mine.

But no Dad time with JB--odd.

So I assume JD will fly them up to Michigan?

24 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

@singsingsing there's a lot more to it than my condensed version. Scroll down Wiki to "Origins." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptists

ETA: Yes, I think they are considered protestant, but I don't know if they would like that label themselves. Anabaptists were persecuted by Protestants as well as the Catholic Church. 

http://www.anabaptists.org/history/what-is-an-anabaptist.html

https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/the-reformation/the-anabaptists/

Yeah, different Christian sects have a long history of persecuting each other, which includes protestants persecuting other protestants. I actually know a bit about the origins of Anabaptists and Baptists, and I can respect and understand the reasons why some of them prefer not to classify themselves as protestants, but from a purely objective standard, I personally have to agree with the general consensus that they are, broadly speaking, protestants. :) 

35 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

The Anabaptists were a response to the so called Magisterial Reformers like Luther and Calvin who believed in state churches and compulsory infant baptism and are known as the Radical Reformers. The modern Baptists are kind of an amalagram of both the Radical and the Magisterial Protestants.

5 hours ago, JMO said:

Side note, @Mrs. Figg I'm impressed that your battery was only at 1%.  I start to get nervous below 40.  

I just plugged mine in at 52. :kitty-shifty:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived