IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

Fundy kids like this don't get to do Halloween, or Purim, or anything mardi gras/carnival related, and most of them don't get to do any school or community drama. They don't get to go to school proms. Practically the only dressing-up/costume occasion (other than their own weddings) they can hope for is a church Christmas pageant [and they don't even get that if they homechurch].

[I think the Duggars have gotten to be in some Christian pageant at Branson, but non-televised fundies rarely get that opportunity]

So I don't begrudge these girls their costumes.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Fundy kids like this don't get to do Halloween, or Purim, or anything mardi gras/carnival related, and most of them don't get to do any school or community drama. They don't get to go to school proms. Practically the only dressing-up/costume occasion (other than their own weddings) they can hope for is a church Christmas pageant [and they don't even get that if they homechurch].

[I think the Duggars have gotten to be in some Christian pageant at Branson, but non-televised fundies rarely get that opportunity]

But don't forget about the Chik-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day where they all dress like cows for free chicken sandwiches!

1 minute ago, freethemall said:

But don't forget about the Chik-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day where they all dress like cows for free chicken sandwiches!

And Krispy Kreme donuts used to give free donuts on "Talk Like a Pirate Day", if they dressed up as pirates. :my_biggrin:

20 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I thought Purim was okay for Orthodox kids. I went to a fairly Orthodox school until the 3rd grade and we got to dress up.

10 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Who's the woman on the very right? She looks familiar as well.

Lydia Patton, family friend

i also think she’s like their nanny or something because her Instagram + stories has various pics with the Duggar younger kids

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

SOOOO true!! This was my childhood!! We got absolutely nothing - not even a Christmas pageant because we didn't celebrate Christmas!! 

The only thing we got was in November we'd put on a pageant where we'd sing songs, do a skit, etc and we titled it Parent Appreciation Night and would perform for our parents/grandparents, lolllll. 

How did I miss this? They're gonna be in St. Johns? A mere 20 minutes from where I currently sit? 

Do I feel like taking one for the team.... ? 

I could blame any projectile vomiting on being pregnant.... 

The fact that Lauren Caldwell is in this picture has my spidy senses tingling. I know that she is Kendra's sister but...I'm still thinking there will be or is something going on with Jed/Jer. Just my feeling. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

The fact that Lauren Caldwell is in this picture has my spidy senses tingling. I know that she is Kendra's sister but...I'm still thinking there will be or is something going on with Jed/Jer. Just my feeling. 

With the size of the Duggar family and the size of their circle of acceptable friends, I figure it's only a matter of time before some Duggar grandchildren are double cousins. (Both sets of parents are siblings.)

I also get the impression that Paul Caldwell is super into the fame/attention he gets from being in the Duggar Circle and is trying to insinuate his family into theirs as much as possible.

I'm sitting here watching the Winter Olympics and reading FJ. I started wondering if any of the Duggars or their friends watch the Winter Olympics. The athletes wear more clothes in most of the events and the Duggars like to think of themselves as patriotic. I know the Maxwells would never watch such evil devilry, however, I kind of hope John and Chelsy are exploring some parts of secular culture.

On 2/10/2018 at 8:38 AM, Carm_88 said:

@Markie The curlers wear clothes but they shout "Harddddd" "Hurry Hardddddd"; would that be considered Nike? :P 

I've always wondered what that means. Hurry hard?

*putting on my wacky curling pants*

"Hurry hard" is telling the sweepers to sweep their brooms harder and faster so that the stone can slide farther and straighter.

See? There's absolutely nothing sexual about it. All it is, is exclaiming for your partner to go faster and harder so that it can slide in farther and straighter. I swear some of you have dirty minds! ;) 

On 09/02/2018 at 2:40 AM, tabitha2 said:

If Anna made  Macs outfit kudos on her going all out and being creative and more so if it was Macs idea. 

As far as I remember, Anna has always been good at Sewing / Crafts.

Then so is Zsu. Ugh.

About Duggar and olympic game, the sky dance vuole pur the name of the female half for first, plus all that nike dress for both male and female! Yeaks they Will feel super defrauded!   :my_biggrin:

Jumping a bit back and forth, from sewing to olympics to concerns for the kids, bot underaged and adults...

I find it sad that the parents don’t see the value of education. For fun, I looked into some of the IMO extremely christian colleges, and the students will be almost as guarded and watched there as at home. 

Yes, these colleges do not graduate brain surgants and rocket scientists. But they learn a little about life, meet many more young adults with similar background. With a degree in education, one will be able to homeschool one’s children and even teach at small, private christian schools, etc.

The hot Pita from Tonga is defrauding me. I can't say I mind either. There many be a few other Olympians who are defrauding me. I guess I'll just have to accept hot guys on my TV for the next several days.    

58 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

The hot Pita from Tonga is defrauding me. I can't say I mind either. There many be a few other Olympians who are defrauding me. I guess I'll just have to accept hot guys on my TV for the next several days.    

Omph, life is hard! :pb_lol:

Watching Fisher Random Chess, played just outside of Oslo this year. Hiraku Nakamura (USA) vs Magnus Carlsen (NOR). I am no chess player, but very exciting anyway. M. Carlsen is btw a very handsome young man, but outfit in chess is dark suit, not “condomtight” onesie.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived