IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

I'm not too far away from St Johns, but don't plan to go--agree with above posters--don't want to give them the money.  The location is not far from Dewitt MI where Brandon Keilen's parents live I believe.  Maybe some connection there that brought the Duggars to the area.  Or a large fundie, Quiverful or ATI population.  I don't know much about the area in terms of religious leanings.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

What the hell goes on during a date night with the Duggars?

Some FJer needs to take one for the team.

And take pics and notes.

Or video???

Edit:  I'll chip in for the registration fee if someone starts a gofundme.

How much money do JB&M get from all the speaking engagements they still do? Do they get a cut of the money from Dry Humping Date Night with the Duggars (of course they do) and then the church gets a cut and also they pay the caterers. And also does IBLP pay them a cut for being featured speakers at the family conferences (well yes of course) but does what they get paid equal what they pay to go to the conference.  Are the IBLP events free for the Duggars now because they are high profile? How about the Bates' with Gil being on the board. I just wonder how much money they make off people paying to see them and also how a business for profit like IBLP uses but also rewards "successful" followers.

But somebody please go to this event and see what $15 gets you.... and if you can keep your food down during the ordeal. Then tell us about it.

1 hour ago, CaricatureQualities said:

How much money do JB&M get from all the speaking engagements they still do? Do they get a cut of the money from Dry Humping Date Night with the Duggars (of course they do) and then the church gets a cut and also they pay the caterers. And also does IBLP pay them a cut for being featured speakers at the family conferences (well yes of course) but does what they get paid equal what they pay to go to the conference.  Are the IBLP events free for the Duggars now because they are high profile? How about the Bates' with Gil being on the board. I just wonder how much money they make off people paying to see them and also how a business for profit like IBLP uses but also rewards "successful" followers.

But somebody please go to this event and see what $15 gets you.... and if you can keep your food down during the ordeal. Then tell us about it.

I'm wondering if the church is actually subsidizing the Duggar event rather than making money from it...my church brings in speakers/sponsors events and sometimes subsidizes them to make them cheaper to attend or free.  Because the Duggars aren't making a whole lot if the church is taking a cut and paying the caterers...

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I'm wondering if the church is actually subsidizing the Duggar event rather than making money from it...my church brings in speakers/sponsors events and sometimes subsidizes them to make them cheaper to attend or free.  Because the Duggars aren't making a whole lot if the church is taking a cut and paying the caterers...

Yeah, I was wondering about that. $15 is pretty cheap if there's a proper dinner AND the Duggars get paid. Which of course they do; ain't like them to do something for free. I can't imagine there'd be any cut left for the church to take.

36 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Yeah, I was wondering about that. $15 is pretty cheap if there's a proper dinner AND the Duggars get paid. Which of course they do; ain't like them to do something for free. I can't imagine there'd be any cut left for the church to take.

Why, they're having tater tot casserole, of course! One pan serves 20. Be glad the special guest speakers aren't David and Jill Rodrigues- you'd get a chicken leg and a glass of Plexus!

9 hours ago, JillyO said:

Perhaps a "love offering" is also take up?

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm sure there will be a "love offering." I'd bet on that.

I was going to say this. I'm sure they get a set fee like $10k (I'm totally pulling this number out of my ass here I have no idea) plus a cut of the "love offering" because they are assholes. I know some speakers demand this to get them there, others just take their fee and free lodging and the love offering goes to cover the churches expenses.

With the charge so low, I'm wondering if the dinner will be something prepared by the church ladies.

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

With the charge so low, I'm wondering if the dinner will be something prepared by the church ladies.

So the poster on intouchweekly.com says dinner is by Litwiller's Catering. A quick Google search put the caterer in Perrinton, Michigan. Perrinton and Middleton, Michigan have a fair number of Mennonites (or decedents of) in the area.

20 hours ago, abbylabby1 said:

I don't know much about the area in terms of religious leanings.

The area was established by a lot of Germans and Irish. A lot of small farming communities. Many Mennonites and Catholics in the area.

I live just far enough that I won't be able to attend. For $15 I would attend if closer, especially for the parenting session by Michelle prior to the couple talk.

20 hours ago, abbylabby1 said:

The location is not far from Dewitt MI where Brandon Keilen's parents live I believe.

You are correct, it is just north of the Keilen family about 10 to 15 miles away depending on where the Keilen's live in Dewitt.  

I'm Baptist, and we don't celebrate Lent. There are some people who give something up, or whatever, but not the church as a whole. We don't do ashes on the forehead for Ash Wednesday either

On 07/02/2018 at 3:44 AM, TuringMachine said:

Well someone has been messing with the 19KC wikipedia page lol

Can confirm Wikipedia page is back to normal now. Thanks for providing us with a laugh!

The lost girls went to a tea party with Lauren Caldwell. I *think* that's Lauren Swanson on the far back left? I haven't seen her face enough.

2 hours ago, llg1234 said:

The lost girls went to a tea party with Lauren Caldwell. I *think* that's Lauren Swanson on the far back left? I haven't seen her face enough.

Is that Kendra's sister, second-from-left, back row? And the young girl on the far right, behind Josie, also looks familiar.

15 minutes ago, Markie said:

I like Mack's dress FRUMPER. 

Dear god. Those poor girls wearing those "costumes" (which they probably just pulled from the very back of the communal closet).

5 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Yes that is her. 

Im just glad Jana isn’t there doing stuff with the kids again....

(who am I kidding she probably took the pic) :my_sad:

5 hours ago, Markie said:

I like Mack's dress. 

Me, too!

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Dear god. Those poor girls wearing those "costumes" (which they probably just pulled from the very back of the communal closet).

Funny, with the gold lace on the cuffs and the white "fur" trim, I thought it was a very cute royal gown. I guess we all have different tastes. :)

6 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Is that Kendra's sister, second-from-left, back row? And the young girl on the far right, behind Josie, also looks familiar.

It looks like her. Lauren Swanson is standing next to Lauren Caldwell. 

Two of the girls look like Lauren Swanson's sisters, including the one on the far right, behind Josie. 

Which one is Mack? Which ones are the lost girls? I can pick out Josie, and I think I can guess the other three, but I'm not sure.

Is the brunette in the white apron Faith Seewald? 

3 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

It looks like her. Lauren Swanson is standing next to Lauren Caldwell. 

Two of the girls look like Lauren Swanson's sisters, including the one on the far right, behind Josie. 

Which one is Mack? Which ones are the lost girls? I can pick out Josie, and I think I can guess the other three, but I'm not sure.

Is the brunette in the white apron Faith Seewald? 

Mack—> front row in the burgundy dress

jordyn—> with the tiara

josie—> mint green spaghetti strap dress with an undershirt

jenni— right behind Josie, there’s another girl on her right

hannie—>red pattern dress with what appears to be an orange undershirt 

nope that isn’t Faith Seewald

4 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Me, too!

Funny, with the gold lace on the cuffs and the white "fur" trim, I thought it was a very cute royal gown. I guess we all have different tastes. :)

Yes, Mack's dress is an actual medieval royal costume, not just an ordinary long dress they always wear. I like how her hair is arranged with the head band, too. Anna dresses the M kids quite well. 

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Mack—> front row in the burgundy dress

jordyn—> with the tiara

josie—> mint green spaghetti strap dress with an undershirt

jenni— right behind Josie, there’s another girl on her right

hannie—>red pattern dress with what appears to be an orange undershirt 

nope that isn’t Faith Seewald

Wow, I didn't even think to look for Hannie in the back row. She's gotten tall!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived