IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Yes!!!

And In a related but not-Maxwell family, It chapped my tuchus mightily that one of the Royal Niednagel kids wore his frickin’ fedora in church and up on stage during the children's performance on Christmas.   

Because some of all God’s chilluns is more equal than others. 

The hat would have bothered me, ugh! Of course, that’s a relic of the past and I still cover my head in church. But I don’t get the shoe issue lol. I’ve taken my heels off (back when I still wore such things) during church and I still sometimes do, though we have a more relaxed church building nowadays. I don’t know, it’s just interesting which things chap people's hide. ;-) 

And I’m glad Chelsy got her barefoot pictures if that’s what she wanted. I often wear flip flops in the winter as long as I know wherever I’ll have to walk has been plowed. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's important to have shoes on in church at all times, as it says in Fabricus 4:20 "Leave your shoes on, my house is holy ground."

On 1/24/2018 at 7:42 PM, lilith said:

Chelsy has posted - it looks like she’s going to continue blogging.

The lunatic got pictures taken barefoot in the snow!

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2018/01/hey-from-kansas.html?m=1

Yay, happy dance! I guess we won't ever hear the real story behind the "I forgot my vows" and they both run off. But I'm sure people were asking her stuff. Oh well; is that a dead horse now?

On 1/27/2018 at 12:12 PM, Markie said:

Wonder if they honeymooned in South Padre Island? Lovely beaches there, as well as an easy day trip to Mexico! John looks a bit more tanned. Hard to tell with Chelsy as she wears makeup. 

Count me in the camp where I wish they had settled closer to her family. Oh well. Maybe they will seek out a real church and make some friends there. Does anyone know if the other married couples attend church services, or do they just join the sit in a bland circle at the Maxhell Compound? Or the Home for the Elderly Services? 

From the comments on Chelsy's blog, the couple honeymooned in Texas Hill Country (outside of Austin-ish).   Apparently they both like the area.  

On 1/23/2018 at 12:29 PM, HereticHick said:

Oh dear. What is that shiny blue & silver mesh thing in the pile of the gifts? Is it some sort of front door wreath? A giant gift bow?

The Rodrigues's gift?

On 1/26/2018 at 11:59 AM, catlady said:

As much as I try to say “to each her own” about it, I do find the idea kind of annoying because I don’t understand why she was so hell-bent on doing it. That week was was unseasonably cold, yet she insisted on being barefoot because she’s a farm girl. The logic doesn’t add up, so i guess I find it bothersome because the explanation doesn’t make sense. But that’s just me. 

Fundy girls begin planning their weddings, down to the last detail, by the time they are 12 or 13. I've wondered if Chelsy had planned for a summer wedding (flowers in her hair, maybe bunches of wild flowers along the pews or even an outdoor wedding) and being barefoot was a big part of that.

On 1/24/2018 at 6:37 PM, scoutsadie said:

I wonder why she put "home" in quotation marks.

because she was "home schooled" ?

On January 29, 2018 at 9:07 AM, BullyJBG said:

I guess we won't ever hear the real story behind the "I forgot my vows" and they both run off. But I'm sure people were asking her stuff. Oh well; is that a dead horse now?

Nah!  We still discuss the cheese paper incident, and, of course, we are STILL waiting in anticipation of the pizza cutter tutorial for slicing lettuce.

Well they did have a "party" of some kind, but Chelsy hosted it herself.

Shock horror - Sarah praised a non-Maxwell!

And I have to comment on the portrait of J & C in the background. I bet it was one of Mary's efforts. Hmmm - what's the bet that that gets put away when the Maxwells are not around?

DSC_5458.thumb.jpg.06420075ab898d3d46ca8a2e09df90b0.jpg

Also - what the everlasting fuck is going on here? 

DSC_5375.thumb.jpg.4be3aeca3f6ff1145943fdc76fc512fe.jpg

Man, Chelsy does not want to have her picture taken there. That smile is most definitely saying "I know you want a picture for your narrative and because I only recently married in I'll give it to you, but I'm actually irritated to be having to pose stupidly for you just so you can get the picture you want". 

Their house is definitely not finished in those pictures. That's probably why we haven't seen any staged pictures of the house. Now that they are married and have a sex life, I wonder if it will take a long time to finish.

38 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't understand framed photos on kitchen counters. 

Since they have nothing on their walls yet, I'm betting that once they are finished with trim they will start hanging them on the walls. 

59 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't understand framed photos on kitchen counters. 

I was also going to comment on that. It seems a very odd place to put a photo. The only "photos" I have in my kitchen are out-of-frame ones stuck on the fridge with magnets!

3 minutes ago, LimeKitty said:

I was also going to comment on that. It seems a very odd place to put a photo. The only "photos" I have in my kitchen are out-of-frame ones stuck on the fridge with magnets!

Same! And I remember Jessa and Jill Duggar also had wedding photos on their kitchen counters. Why do you need to look at your wedding this often? lol

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

FJ perfectly predicted there'd be a welcome back tits post

Sorry....

:pb_lol:

34 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Same! And I remember Jessa and Jill Duggar also had wedding photos on their kitchen counters. Why do you need to look at your wedding this often? lol

I liken it to your first love when you are a teen. I remember being completely obsessed with my first boyfriend as a teen and I imagine if I married him not long after we started dating (like so many fundies) I would have put a million wedding pictures around my home. 

I zoomed in on the blue thing to read the words on the sticks. They say "Happy New Year". 

I'm even more confused. 

Well we know where that blue wreath came from now. 

The drawing by Mary, I assume, makes sure J & C are not actually touching. 

I’m hoping that diaper box had something else wrapped in it and not actually diapers. 

I’m glad to see J & C being so lovey-dovey but John needs to let chelsy sit in a chair once in a while. She’s either on his lap or on the floor. 

27 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I zoomed in on the blue thing to read the words on the sticks. They say "Happy New Year". 

I'm even more confused. 

Is this a New Years wreath? 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That or a New Years loofa, but wreath makes more sense.

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think you're right.  Is that part of the very creative Christmas decorations Anna gave them?

Also, what exactly is "epic' about the picture of Drew playing "tug"?  And what is tug?  Tug of war?

re:  the diaper box--i also hope it was just a re-purposed box, since there are still babies in the Extended Family (TM).

re: The creativity of giving Christmas decorations--apologies in advance for being BEC, but this struck me as a bit absurd.  they got married 6 days after Christmas and opened the gift in mid-January.  so now they get to store these decorations for about 10.5 months.  i don't know...

16 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I think you're right.  Is that part of the very creative Christmas decorations Anna gave them?

Also, what exactly is "epic' about the picture of Drew playing "tug"?  And what is tug?  Tug of war?

It looks like tug of war to me. These weirdos don't even say tug of war. 

9 minutes ago, catlady said:

re: The creativity of giving Christmas decorations--apologies in advance for being BEC, but this struck me as a bit absurd.  they got married 6 days after Christmas and opened the gift in mid-January.  so now they get to store these decorations for about 10.5 months.  i don't know...

But just think how much money she saved buying their wedding gift the day after Christmas!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived