IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like tug of war to me. These weirdos don't even say tug of war. 

War is a curse word in Maxhell just like deviled eggs.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

That or a New Years loofa, but wreath makes more sense.

I will admit to being the commenter who asked on the blog, and Sarah responded, though I'm not sure this answers it:

image.png

On 1/26/2018 at 7:37 AM, VBOY9977 said:

None of the Maxwells have had honeymoon babies.. so that gives me a slight bit of hope that John and Chelsy won’t. Still, I don’t exactly know the reasons why the others didn’t. For all I know, they tried since the beginning but didn’t conceive right away, and maybe John and Chelsy will conceive faster.

i guess we’ll have to wait and see

Melanie had fertility issues - or at least more difficulty getting pregnant.

54 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I will admit to being the commenter who asked on the blog, and Sarah responded, though I'm not sure this answers it:

image.png

“A wreath you can use”?  As opposed to a wreath you can’t use, or a wreath they can use?  WTF, Steve!  Let Sarah take some English and grammar classes. 

I hope those Christmas decorations were Christ-centered... what if Chelsy and John put up a tree and stare at it rather than read their Bible?

I'm still confused about the gift, but the wreath you can use looks hideous. Just because you can use it doesn't mean you should. 

My interpretation is that its some sort of multi-gift New Years/Happy Wedding...thing. And that the glasses, chocolates, and noisemakers were somehow attached to the wreath. I dunno for sure though, I haven't defended my dissertation in homemaking yet. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like tug of war to me. These weirdos don't even say tug of war. 

It's a tug of peace!  You play it at a pot-providence, where picnic eggs are served!

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I guess they haven't heard of a "rub and tug" lol

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I suddenly had visions of the Maxwell children (the actual children, not the chidults) throwing deviled picnic eggs at each other. Aaaaand now I really wish those kids had a chance to do something that fun. Not that I'm a fan of wasting food, but one food fight once in your life AND with deviled eggs? YES! 

Sarah, what in God's name is a wreath you can use? I was under the impression all wreaths were to be used. 

12 minutes ago, Fun-Dee said:

It's a tug of peace!  You play it at a pot-providence, where picnic eggs are served!

the prayer closet is getting crowded.....i thoroughly missed the meaning of the bolded and wondered when/how/why the Maxwells started partaking.  (of course, that might send them to unholy levels of potential fun)

42 minutes ago, AllisonWndrland said:

I suddenly had visions of the Maxwell children (the actual children, not the chidults) throwing deviled picnic eggs at each other. Aaaaand now I really wish those kids had a chance to do something that fun. Not that I'm a fan of wasting food, but one food fight once in your life AND with deviled eggs? YES! 

Sarah, what in God's name is a wreath you can use? I was under the impression all wreaths were to be used. 

Chelsy has mentioned that she and her siblings have a tradition of throwing things across the dinner table (rolls, ketchup, etc). Would Steve have a stroke if Chelsy tossed Anna a roll? Or would he just weep uncontrollably? 

10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Well they did have a "party" of some kind, but Chelsy hosted it herself.

Shock horror - Sarah praised a non-Maxwell!

And I have to comment on the portrait of J & C in the background. I bet it was one of Mary's efforts. Hmmm - what's the bet that that gets put away when the Maxwells are not around?

DSC_5458.thumb.jpg.06420075ab898d3d46ca8a2e09df90b0.jpg

Also - what the everlasting fuck is going on here? 

DSC_5375.thumb.jpg.4be3aeca3f6ff1145943fdc76fc512fe.jpg

Easy!   Those blue paper horn things are the latest disposable sex toys that doubled as New Years' noisemakers.  Of course, nobody knew they were sex toys.  Not that Chels and John needed any help...

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

So "war" is a banned word at the Maxwell house, but constantly talking about DEATH and Steve's scrotal sac is acceptable?

I can see giving Christmas ornaments if the wedding was a few weeks (or days) BEFORE Christmas. After all, it takes a while to build up a nice collection of holiday decor. I agree, though, that the timing was odd on this one. 

Do the Maxwells even decorate a tree?? If not, there are not a lot of basic decorations I would feel comfortable giving to newlyweds. Everybody's style is different. 

Now seems like a good time to share a "so creative" gift I gave my daughter at her shower. She had mentioned how long it would take to build up a collection of gift wrapping supplies. So, I bought tape, ribbon, gift sacks wrapping paper, etc for all occasions and wrapped it in a storage bin. She loved it. I don't thnk I included Christmas paper because the timing was wrong but she had bought some at sales the previous winter. 

Anyway, for a young wife, her wrapping paper collection is now EPIC!! 

Just now, anjulibai said:

"Got a wreath you can use" needs to be a thread count title. 

Yes!  

Also, "EPIC!!"

That one little word packs a powerful punch. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy has mentioned that she and her siblings have a tradition of throwing things across the dinner table (rolls, ketchup, etc). Would Steve have a stroke if Chelsy tossed Anna a roll? Or would he just weep uncontrollably? 

Or would he take her out for a milkshake and tell her he decided it's best that she stop throwing things at the dinner table?

When I got married my aunt gave us two boxes of holiday decorations - not just Christmas, but every holiday. 

She was a huge wood working crafter and made every one of them. They are still, 21 years and a divorce later, used every year and for every holiday.

A box of store bought decorations wouldn't have lasted past the first year. But, made quite literally with love by my aunt, they're with me for life. 

If Mary made the box of Christmas things - she is the creative, right? - I can see the sentiment and them being special. If, however, she combed the dollar store for generic, Christian decorations and threw the in a box, that shit would be tossed.

44 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Even Ned Flanders would say tug of war.  :my_rolleyes:

But Ned Flanders had a slutty pants wearing wife who only bore him 2 children - he’s nowhere near Maxwell levels of holiness.

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He would hid up fingers indicating how many strikes against her before she’s sent from the table. 

4 hours ago, kpmom said:

Or would he take her out for a milkshake and tell her he decided it's best that she stop throwing things at the dinner table?

No, he would take John out for a milkshake and explain that as Chelsy's headship it's his responsibility to make her behave. And John would gravely agree before silently finishing his milkshake. Then John would go home and start laughing as soon as he shut the door. Chelsy would be confused until John manages to get out that for the sake of family unity, could she please stop pissing his dad off by throwing things at the dinner table (except for really special occasions). :kitty-wink:

10 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

He would hid up fingers indicating how many strikes against her before she’s sent from the table. 

Was this a thing done in the Maxhell home? It seems sort of strange to use baseball terms when he banned - err pleaded with - his sons from playing baseball.

I do remember a story about some of the kids being banned from entering a restaurant to eat with the family, after they had a debate about dogs versus cats. They had to sit in the van and eat (non animal) crackers. What a shitty "father". I can think of another "f" word that describes him better. And since I know Steveo reads here, STEVE IS A FUCKER.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived