IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

We have two ten-month old kittens and a fifteen year old senior cat. 

We got the kittens when they were six weeks old and she still hates them. HATES.  THEM! Of course they pester her and she growls and hisses and smacks their ears. But sometimes she makes a point to walk up to them, get in their face and hiss, just to remind them this is still her house. 

Still, I defer to her on everything because I know she is failing and I won't have her much longer. If one of "the babies" lies in my chair I move them. If Boss Cat lies in my chair, I move my coffee, my book, the remote - everything - and let her have my chair.  She gets everything she wants because she has been my longest pet friend and I want to make her golden years happy ones. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/20/2018 at 10:53 PM, Kangaroo said:

"Chelsy works as culinary and home-culture director, chief encourager, wife, and helpmeet to John".

So I don't follow either family, but this description of what they do for work made me laugh so much.

Just coming here to see if that little comment was being discussed, that's quite snarky for the Bontragers! We would NEVER hear that kind of snark from the Maxwells!

I wonder if soon we'll get a whole wedding blog post from either family like they've done for the other weddings. That snowy photo is quite lovely, I'd like to see more.

What exactly is the meal in that photo? There's the salads and then maybe they're putting together their own chicken sandwiches with various fixins?

4 hours ago, freethemall said:

What exactly is the meal in that photo? There's the salads and then maybe they're putting together their own chicken sandwiches with various fixins?

Yup, that's what it is. To be honest, I'm a little stunned that so many are commenting about what a great cook Chelsy must be based on that picture. It looks like the only cooking involved was some grilled chicken breasts. Other than that, it's just salad ingredients with store-bought dressing, pretty much the same ingredients as sandwich fixings, and store bought bread. Don't get me wrong, it looks good and is certainly much tastier (and healthier!) than the Maxwell casserole of horrors we were subjected to at the same time, but it hardly looks like some masterfull culinary creation.

Well, you know. We kind of have rock-bottom expectations here.  :pb_lol:  And given that the fundie cookbook spans BBQ tuna and chickenetti to skirt cheese and suicide casserole, who can blame us when our reaction to a food photo is "Ooh! Edible!"

So hubby was eating a tuna sandwich today and wanted some chips. I offered him bbq with the explanation of "you know like a BBQ tuna sandwich" He was stunned that it would be an option in my mind. Now I wouldn't eat it, but idk I've heard bbq and tuna together so often (thanks to fj) that my mind somehow paired them together making BBQ chips the only reasonable option!

Chelsy posted an "update" on her blog which was actually nothing more than a sales pitch.

These "wonderful Christians" sure love the almighty dollar. 

Steve would never ever do this on a blog post. This is from Chelsy's latest blog post:

IMG_7171.PNG

ETA: sorry I thought this was a different Maxhell post. It can be moved if necessary.

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Steve would never ever do this on a blog post. This is from Chelsy's latest blog post:

IMG_7171.PNG

OK FJers fess up.  Which one of you posted that comment lol.

That was a graceful answer to the criticism. Hats off.

Steve, watch and learn, that's what a good conversationalist actually does. As opposed to deleted every comment that's now fawning adoration.

5 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

That was a graceful answer to the criticism. Hats off.

Steve, watch and learn, that's what a good conversationalist actually does. As opposed to deleted every comment that's now fawning adoration.

Chelsy has been taught well. 

I actually prefer the lashing out (Derick D) and poor me excuses (Jill Rod) because it shows what true hypocrites these fundies are. 

The engagement announcement looks like Bontrager initiative again.

Well, it certainly doesn't sound like Chelsy plans on quitting her blog any time soon:

Many of you have been asking to see the wedding pictures. Our photographer was amazing and I cannot speak highly enough of her! And I definitely can't wait to share the pictures, and our story, and all of that...! But I like to move in order, and I have a few "pre-wedding" posts that I never got published before the wedding. So I'll be sharing those first, and then wedding pictures + links, and then honeymoon + home life, and then our story of how we "came to be us", and then possibly by the time I've done all of that we will be middle-aged and I won't be blogging anymore.
Joking of course.

I do think Steve must resent the fact that Tits2 is no longer the only source of Maxhell news.

33 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

I believe the Botkins would say home-culture director is a male role :P

It IS the kind of job title I’d expect from their presumptuous selves! 

I absolutely have to give credit where it’s due, Chelsea’s response was full of grace and even allowing that comment on her blog is leaps and bounds above anything we’d see in Maxhell proper.

Did anyone else read the “my husband also loves people, action, and a full schedule” as an FU to FJ though? Lol...I love it. Chelsea’s definitely one of the more tolerable hateful zealots out there.

On 2/23/2018 at 7:06 PM, JillyO said:

Yup, that's what it is. To be honest, I'm a little stunned that so many are commenting about what a great cook Chelsy must be based on that picture. It looks like the only cooking involved was some grilled chicken breasts. Other than that, it's just salad ingredients with store-bought dressing, pretty much the same ingredients as sandwich fixings, and store bought bread. Don't get me wrong, it looks good and is certainly much tastier (and healthier!) than the Maxwell casserole of horrors we were subjected to at the same time, but it hardly looks like some masterfull culinary creation.

i truly see your point, but speaking from experience, cooking is as much creativity and presentation as  using the stove/oven.  this weekend i tried a new recipe (thanks to a fellow FJer) that was incredibly easy and my family enjoyed, but with a little extra effort, the concoction is kept from being just a thing in a pan.  i took a little time to tweak the seasonings, and followed advice to make the finished product look pretty and appealing. 

for most of my adulthood, i was a reluctant cook with almost zero interest; i'd "heat stuff up" rather than cook because i had to eat something.  then life changed and i had reasons to eat differently, and so i taught myself how to cook better out of sheer necessity.  i figured out pretty quickly that even simple recipes can look "fancy" via presentation.  arranging things on a plate, setting a pretty table, and adding a garnish aren't significant parts of food prep, but they can make a difference.  Chelsy did that with her salad,  but Teri didn't with the casserole-from-hell.  and since we get a good view of the finished products, therein lies the difference.

once again, i do see and understand your perspective, and Chelsy didn't "cook" the salad, but had she just dumped everything into a heap of greens, it would have looked as unappealing as a plain bean burrito.

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

IMG_7171.PNG

ETA: sorry I thought this was a different Maxhell post. It can be moved if necessary.

This is really a classy answer! 

And I have to admit that I really look forward to all the blog posts she seems to have planned. Since the Morton's aren't blogging anymore the Bontragers became my new fascination.

The differences between the two families are like night and day.   Steve would have huffed, taken his toys, and gone underground.  I hope Chelsy keeps up the blog.

That was a pretty rude comment from tmm. I'm not sure I would have handled it with as much grace.

24 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

That was a pretty rude comment from tmm. I'm not sure I would have handled it with as much grace.

I thought so too. When I disagree openly with someone, I try to be as polite as possible. That way if they become rude, nasty, or overly defensive, it's not because of my tone or rudeness. I always want to feel like they are being jerks based on my content, not because I was being a jerk in the first place.  

9 hours ago, bluelady said:

John and Chelsy are my new pet fundies. 

It's a shame that she said the boy who helped her when she got locked out of her truck looked like a teenage bum.  I would have really liked her otherwise.  I HATE when people do that.  I don't even like to see those pictures on facebook where Walmart customers are made fun.  And it's always from the Christians who voted for Trump too.  Figures. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived