IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

I am glad I wasn't the only one to see a loofa wrath. I am usually a pretty nice person and would say "That is not my taste" but I cannot say anything but that thAT wrath is UGLY AS FUCK!!!

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy has mentioned that she and her siblings have a tradition of throwing things across the dinner table (rolls, ketchup, etc). Would Steve have a stroke if Chelsy tossed Anna a roll? Or would he just weep uncontrollably? 

Oh to be a fly on  the wall during a Maxhell holiday dinner with the whole gang assembled!  Give every Maxwell grandkid a roll and let 'er rip! I'd like to see little Ruthanne chuck one with a gleeful grin most of all!

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

Oh to be a fly on  the wall during a Maxhell holiday dinner with the whole gang assembled!  Give every Maxwell grandkid a roll and let 'er rip! I'd like to see little Ruthanne chuck one with a gleeful grin most of all!

Since the Christopher Maxwell girls are still forced to wear bibs when eating, I would guess a thrown roll from one of them would not end well. 

IMG_6674.PNG

I'm happy that John gets to grab Chelsy's ass now, but newlywed fundie PDA is so... cringy. They look proud, a little embarassed, and just ready for everyone to go home and leave them alone. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 10.28.50 AM.png

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since the Christopher Maxwell girls are still forced to wear bibs when eating, I would guess a thrown roll from one of them would not end well. 

IMG_6674.PNG

I cannot entirely blame Christopher and NRAnna for the bibs. Kids are messy, and it is much less laundry to do if you can avoid a few spills during eating time. I first thought the little girl in the center had a blue bib on (is that one of Nathan's kids?), but it appears to be just a puffy vest. Those things are so awkward for small children to wear, and I would make that child take it off before she eats. Those vests are food magnets!:lol:

4 hours ago, nomoxian said:

Was this a thing done in the Maxhell home? It seems sort of strange to use baseball terms when he banned - err pleaded with - his sons from playing baseball.

I do remember a story about some of the kids being banned from entering a restaurant to eat with the family, after they had a debate about dogs versus cats. They had to sit in the van and eat (non animal) crackers. What a shitty "father". I can think of another "f" word that describes him better. And since I know Steveo reads here, STEVE IS A FUCKER.

If I remember one of the old posts correctly, Steve would get extremely irritated at the kids at the dinner table and began holding up fingers either indicating ‘that’s strike one, etc’ or maybe a certain number of fingers meant ‘be quiet ‘ ‘stop smacking’ or something like that. 

2 hours ago, LimeKitty said:

I cannot entirely blame Christopher and NRAnna for the bibs. Kids are messy, and it is much less laundry to do if you can avoid a few spills during eating time. I first thought the little girl in the center had a blue bib on (is that one of Nathan's kids?), but it appears to be just a puffy vest. Those things are so awkward for small children to wear, and I would make that child take it off before she eats. Those vests are food magnets!:lol:

I'm a lazy mom. I just let my kids get their shirts messy by that age. Or I just take off their shirts. 

In the picture of the kids playing "tug", whose foot is that to the right? Black skirt, pink shirt, old lady shoe. Gigi or did they have someone else there they don't want to mention?  

2 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

If I remember one of the old posts correctly, Steve would get extremely irritated at the kids at the dinner table and began holding up fingers either indicating ‘that’s strike one, etc’ or maybe a certain number of fingers meant ‘be quiet ‘ ‘stop smacking’ or something like that. 

If I were his kid, I'd have put up one particular finger, probably giving him a heart attack.

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy has mentioned that she and her siblings have a tradition of throwing things across the dinner table (rolls, ketchup, etc). Would Steve have a stroke if Chelsy tossed Anna a roll? Or would he just weep uncontrollably? 

I NEEEEEED video of Chelsy launching a roll at Steve's face. Get on it, Sarah. Make this happen! It can be a fun "random everyday life" post! 

I can't wait for "Throwing Food with the Moodys"!

"Cousin, could you trouble yourself to provide unto me the dinner rolls? I am a young child from an old time, and this is how I talk, but goodness gracious I am famished!"

Delightfully, the request was responded to not with a passing of a basket, but with a quick toss of a roll that he could eat!

but can we go back to the picture of the kitchen and can someone explain the completely vertical egg carton in the cabinet over Chelsy's head to me? because I'm still staring at it confused. 

13 hours ago, Casserole said:

but can we go back to the picture of the kitchen and can someone explain the completely vertical egg carton in the cabinet over Chelsy's head to me? because I'm still staring at it confused. 

I had a theory it was holding something level in the cabinet, like something drying upright, but I really don't know. Maybe this is some super secret kitchen organizing trick only shared amongst the Maxwells? 

14 hours ago, Casserole said:

I’m going with they probably reuse them to get fresh eggs from Nathan’s chickens or elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, AllisonWndrland said:

Maybe this is some super secret kitchen organizing trick only shared amongst the Maxwells? 

First the pizza/lettuce cutter and now THIS. Darn you Maxhells!

55 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

I’m going with they probably reuse them to get fresh eggs from Nathan’s chickens or elsewhere. 

Sounds like a plan.  I go through quite a bit with my 8 "Henriettas"

On 1/31/2018 at 12:33 PM, AllisonWndrland said:

Sarah, what in God's name is a wreath you can use? I was under the impression all wreaths were to be used. 

I think it's in contrast to the NYE chocolate, which in 11+ months will be chocolate you cannot use because it was stored in the attic.

1 hour ago, Granwych said:

Sounds like a plan.  I go through quite a bit with my 8 "Henriettas"

We have a stack of empty cartons to share with our family and friends who keep hens.

On 2/1/2018 at 11:41 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm a lazy mom. I just let my kids get their shirts messy by that age. Or I just take off their shirts. 

That's how I did it with my first kid. I'd put a bib on them as a baby, sometimes when they were a toddler, gradually phasing it out. I ended up doing almost the opposite with my second kid. 

As an older baby, they started refusing to eat with a bib on. A perfect model of passive resistance: head flopped over, eyes closed, mouth closed. I gave up on bibs, because it just wasn't worth the hassle. However, at around 2 1/2 to 3 years old, they started freaking out if any food or drink got on their clothes. They insisted on a new shirt 3 or 4 times a day. Bibs suddenly became useful again. Even at 6 1/2, they still wear a bib sometimes. My motto seems to be: Do What Works.

My grandma had a ruffly plaid apron (the around the waist kind) that got tied around the neck of whoever was a toddler at the family mealtimes (her famous chocolate cake could get messy) and also for dying easter eggs. For the younger cousins, at least, who are all spaced out. I don't remember what she did with my 13-month-apart sisters and almost-4-year-old me. 

The bibs don't seem too terribly unusual, but combined with all the other strange hangups this family has, it does gather notice.

47 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I think it's in contrast to the NYE chocolate, which in 11+ months will be chocolate you cannot use because it was stored in the attic.

That candy might not be so edible now.  Like Palmer's Easter candy, that has the texture of chalk and/or wax. 

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

We have a stack of empty cartons to share with our family and friends who keep hens.

That's how I did it with my first kid. I'd put a bib on them as a baby, sometimes when they were a toddler, gradually phasing it out. I ended up doing almost the opposite with my second kid. 

As an older baby, they started refusing to eat with a bib on. A perfect model of passive resistance: head flopped over, eyes closed, mouth closed. I gave up on bibs, because it just wasn't worth the hassle. However, at around 2 1/2 to 3 years old, they started freaking out if any food or drink got on their clothes. They insisted on a new shirt 3 or 4 times a day. Bibs suddenly became useful again. Even at 6 1/2, they still wear a bib sometimes. My motto seems to be: Do What Works.

The worst part about the Maxwell bibs is that they are those big rubber ones with a trough at the bottom. They look so annoying to wear! I think I would be less annoyed if they were just cloth and if it was any family but the Maxwells. 

On 1/31/2018 at 2:59 PM, formergothardite said:

I'm still confused about the gift, but the wreath you can use looks hideous. Just because you can use it doesn't mean you should. 

I just learned that you can make a wreath out of pot scrubbers: https://www.lifeisaparty.ca/2011/diy-pot-scrubber-christmas-wreath/

and loofahs! : http://makethebestofthings.blogspot.com/2013/03/spring-wreath-from-bath-scrubbie.html

Thanks to the Maxwells I learn something new everyday!!

Saving egg cartons.  I have a co-worker who has chickens and sells eggs, so he is always looking for cartons.  If you get fresh eggs from a farmer that haven't been washed they keep fresh for weeks outside of the refrigerator.  

You can use them for crafts.  I take them, cut out the cups and trim the 4 top edges so they look like tulips, then weeks before the leaves return and we're tired of looking at bare branches, you poke holes in the bottoms of the egg/flowers and stick them on the ends of the branches of a bush or tree, and it looks like it's got blossoms.  

I love all of the praise heaped upon an unemployed 27 year old woman with nothing but time on her hands for shoving two folding tables together. What a wonderful, precious example of godly womanhood.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived