IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

So, where do we discuss the Bontragers in general? Like, their meeting of the wonderful (barf) Roy Moore?

In case anyine thinks they are any different than any ither fundies who see nothing wrong with pedophilia but all the gayz are going ti hell.

They’re dusgusting. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I've also been wondering if Chelsy and Elissa will form a friendship and I don't think Joseph will allow it. 

Why wouldn't Joseph allow it?

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I've also been wondering if Chelsy and Elissa will form a friendship and I don't think Joseph will allow it. I would have loved to have a similar-aged sister in law with mutual interests and background when I was a young wife. Heck, I'd still love that. To be able to stop in at each other's homes, let the kids play while the moms talk over coffee, help each other with projects - sounds wonderful to me.

Sounds wonderful to me too - the only problem is my SIL and I don't get along... our opinions differ widely and she is not able to accept anything that differs from her worldview.

And my other SIL and I are separated by an ocean, so that doesn't work either.

But in theory it is a great concept ;) 

39 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

So, where do we discuss the Bontragers in general? Like, their meeting of the wonderful (barf) Roy Moore?

In case anyine thinks they are any different than any ither fundies who see nothing wrong with pedophilia but all the gayz are going ti hell.

They’re dusgusting. 

The Bontragers met Roy Moore?  Gross.

Regarding some recent discussions:

as much as Steve demands that siblings be best friends while living under his control, I wonder if he discourages close friendship once they are married and no longer in his eyesight/earshot every second of the day. Because, you know they might sit and rehash the way they were raised and a lightbulb might go off about how jacked up it was. I think he encouraged them to always be with their individual families and the occasional all-family meal or work out at mom & dad’s house. 

Why does Chelsy being barefoot irritate so many people? Just curious. It may be odd, but I don’t get all the hate on it. 

1 hour ago, Odd1Out said:

Why does Chelsy being barefoot irritate so many people? Just curious. It may be odd, but I don’t get all the hate on it. 

As much as I try to say “to each her own” about it, I do find the idea kind of annoying because I don’t understand why she was so hell-bent on doing it. That week was was unseasonably cold, yet she insisted on being barefoot because she’s a farm girl. The logic doesn’t add up, so i guess I find it bothersome because the explanation doesn’t make sense. But that’s just me. 

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

The Bontragers met Roy Moore?  Gross.

Not just met but posed for a big photo with the whole family and the whole Bowers family. Elizabeth Bontrager is just the age Roy Moore likes. How can that have not crossed anyone’s minds? Maybe it did, she’s as far away as possible from him in the picture.

Fundies are so obsessed with Roy Moore it is disturbing. TAM drove down and spoke at a press conference in defense of him. Paul Miller rants about how he's persecuted and there should be a recount. And now the Bontragers and Bowerses are kissing his ass. His disgusting perverted ass.

Regarding Chelsy's determination to go barefoot; it seems like that is something she always imagined as part of her wedding but probably in the spring or summer. When her wedding ended up being in the winter, she didn't change her vision because farm girl. I don't know of any farm girls that go barefoot in the snow. She could have given a nod to her upbringing with a great pair of boots for a winter wedding. 

I think I mentioned before that it seemed to me that John and Chelsy were determined to make their wedding seem light hearted and fun but failed miserably. The barefoot bride seems like just another thing on their "All Things Zany" checklist. 

6 hours ago, fundiefan said:

They’re dusgusting. 

May I suggest that it’s perhaps time for a Bontrager subforum? Between all the pregnancies, Josh’s attempts at building a public profile and increased interest in the family due to the Maxwell connection i foresee more threads in the future.

I’ll volunteer to write the family summary if it doesn’t have to be rushed (toddler care and older blessings being on holidays from evil public schools is cutting into time available for fundie watching and related activities). Let me know helpmeets.

On 1/25/2018 at 1:11 AM, ViolaSebastian said:

She's going to look back on that photo in ten years and think that she was pretty stupid for being barefoot in the snow on a day with temperatures in the single digits. Barefoot wedding pictures aren't worth losing a toe to frostbite. 

I re-read this and thought, “shit, when did I start sounding like my mother?!” :pb_lol:

18 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I re-read this and thought, “shit, when did I start sounding like my mother?!” :pb_lol:

It happens to all of us. I have the added bonus of seeing my mum every time I look in the mirror. 

On 1/23/2018 at 5:31 PM, Granwych said:

I think it's one of those wreaths made with glitter mesh.

It was nice of Jill Rodrigues to send a gift. 

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy will have a baby by her first anniversary just like her two brothers. She and John are 27 this month. Chelsy is older than her mother and her BFF cousin when getting married. She probably feels like she's getting a late start and unless there are fertility issues, I pretty much guarantee she and john will want to get pregnant ASAP. 

It just really struck me that Sarah is NINE years older than Chelsy. Dang. I actually truly hope Sarah is content with her life and singlehood, and seeing yet another Maxwell bride doesn't sting...but I really can't imagine how, given a lifetime of lessons about motherhood being the main purpose of a woman's existence.

18 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

Because I hate seeing people not properly dressed for the season, when it's so cold out especially. And for a wedding, I think it's similar to how a lot of people were bothered about Jill Dill being barefoot - these fundies go on and on about the sanctity of marriage and weddings and can't respect it enough to put some shoes on in a church.

I also think some are bothered that she clearly wanted more of a summer wedding, but wasn't allowed to wait so long so forced her vision into a winter wedding.

Then some of us are BECs and proud of it so...

Also feet are gross.

I’m just thinking these ‘kids’ that have grown up in these fundie families have never really got to do things their way. Every ‘choice’ they make must please dad and mom. A wedding seems to be the one day some of these fundie parents let their children choose how they want (some) things done. Chelsy probably would have liked a spring or summer outdoor wedding where the bare feet would have been more appropriate. But I don’t think she and John could stand to wait any longer so winter wedding it was. And if she always dreamed of being barefoot at her wedding, she made that happen. 

Wonder if they honeymooned in South Padre Island? Lovely beaches there, as well as an easy day trip to Mexico! John looks a bit more tanned. Hard to tell with Chelsy as she wears makeup. 

Count me in the camp where I wish they had settled closer to her family. Oh well. Maybe they will seek out a real church and make some friends there. Does anyone know if the other married couples attend church services, or do they just join the sit in a bland circle at the Maxhell Compound? Or the Home for the Elderly Services? 

Chelsy seemed to be pretty involved inher home church. I mean her ONLY bridesmaid that was not related to either family was her pastor's wife. I honestly can't imagine Chelsy being ok with just the Maxwell church of perpetual sadness. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy seemed to be pretty involved inher home church. I mean her ONLY bridesmaid that was not related to either family was her pastor's wife. I honestly can't imagine Chelsy being ok with just the Maxwell church of perpetual sadness. 

Agreed. I would hope/imagine that they would attend an IFB church like Chelsy did before, but maybe they will find another conservative church that isn't just the Maxwells and the elderly.

We’ve recently found out that 8 other families attend the nursing home church. Assuming that they aren’t counting the three married Maxwell sons as seperate families that’s an ok congregation for a “church” in a nursing home run by an untrained and unordained lunatic. Chelsy might be ok there - shes done nursing home ministry all her life. But I think she will miss the activities, structure and community of a large church.

7 minutes ago, lilith said:

We’ve recently found out that 8 other families attend the nursing home church. Assuming that they aren’t counting the three married Maxwell sons as seperate families that’s an ok congregation for a “church” in a nursing home run by an untrained and unordained lunatic. Chelsy might be ok there - shes done nursing home ministry all her life. But I think she will miss the activities, structure and community of a large church.

You got the lunatic part right. I didn't realize their were so many other families that attend their church. I honestly thought after a few visits with Steve preaching it would turn people off from coming back. 

Do they still do the elderly church for the elderly at the elderly home? It’s not been mentioned on the blog for ages. Didn’t they get kicked out of the last home?

13 hours ago, freethemall said:

these fundies go on and on about the sanctity of marriage and weddings and can't respect it enough to put some shoes on in a church.

Yes!!!

And In a related but not-Maxwell family, It chapped my tuchus mightily that one of the Royal Niednagel kids wore his frickin’ fedora in church and up on stage during the children's performance on Christmas.   

Because some of all God’s chilluns is more equal than others. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived