IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

He's already gained a couple of honeymoon pounds! Chelsy is gonna fatten that boy up so fast. 

Chelsy may not be pregnant yet. Her wedding day could've been right after she ovulated so she might have to wait until the next cycle to get pregnant. But she will get pregnant within the first three months of marriage. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bajovane said:

They seem happy and relaxed.  There is contentment in John's eyes that I don't recall ever seeing before.  (One can imagine why...) but seriously - he looks better than he ever has.  She does as well. 

He's... happy? Not often seen in Maxhell, no. And I looked at where his hand was resting and thought "wow those two are really comfortable tigether".

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He's already gained a couple of honeymoon pounds! Chelsy is gonna fatten that boy up so fast. 

Chelsy may not be pregnant yet. Her wedding day could've been right after she ovulated so she might have to wait until the next cycle to get pregnant. But she will get pregnant within the first three months of marriage. 

I still kind of hope it takes a bit longer, it would be good for them to get to know each other a bit more before things get more complicated. 

Oh dear. What is that shiny blue & silver mesh thing in the pile of the gifts? Is it some sort of front door wreath? A giant gift bow?

20 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh dear. What is that shiny blue & silver mesh thing in the pile of the gifts? Is it some sort of front door wreath? A giant gift bow?

that caught my eye, too.  i'm just hoping it's not something like a spice rack with all the spices wrapped separately.

i'll give them some slack on being handsy; the novelty hasn't worn off, and they can now touch each other without Daddy giving them the stink-eye.  

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I think it's one of those wreaths made with glitter mesh.

I’m really hoping Chelsy’s outfit is due to the cold and not cause she left all her pretty dresses and knee length skirts back in Iowa for Allison.

2 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

“Oh, hi!  You caught us in the middle of writing our list of gifts for thank you notes.  We’re not posed at all.”

I have been accused of "thumping people on the head with my etiquette book" (by my son-in-law when we were planning that wedding:content:) So...

Shouldn't somebody else be writing that list as the newly weds open their gifts? Like a sister-in-law? Or do the Maxwell MEN get all the gift opening fun while the little wife writes the list? 

This concludes today's scheduled nitpicking. 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I have been accused of "thumping people on the head with my etiquette book" (by my son-in-law when we were planning that wedding:content:) So...

Shouldn't somebody else be writing that list as the newly weds open their gifts? Like a sister-in-law? Or do the Maxwell MEN get all the gift opening fun while the little wife writes the list? 

This concludes today's scheduled nitpicking. 

That’s what made me chuckle.  I wrote my own list, but that’s because we opened our gifts together in private.

If someone was there to take the photo...

I mean, it’s obviously staged.  Talking etiquette- it shows she’s being a good wife and they’re being a good couple... after the wedding they’re immediately onto doing thank you cards!

(And I’m big on thank you cards!  Have been teased for doing them too often by my husband.  Never do a photo shoot writing them.)

15 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Also, Chelsy has been pictured in jeans while vacationing--on the Bontrager family blog, so the "skirts only" thing is not entirely accurate.

I know the fact that Chelsy has been seen wearing pants has be mentioned eleventy time, but could someone be so nice and post a link? I never saw that original entry. Was in on the Bons blog or her own?

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

I know the fact that Chelsy has been seen wearing pants has be mentioned eleventy time, but could someone be so nice and post a link? I never saw that original entry. Was in on the Bons blog or her own?

Here's one of several; I found it by searching the word "hiking" on the Bontrager blog.

http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/search?q=hiking&max-results=20&by-date=true

Bontrager.JPG

I think Chelsy and Allison usually wear skirts. But they aren't like the Maxwell girls when it comes to physical activities like hiking. They aren't going to risk their long skirt getting caught on millions of things in a wooded hiking area just for some stupid modesty rule. But they do seem to wear skirts 98% of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if that changed for Chelsy now that she's married. She might wear pants around her house. If John agrees of course....

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

. She might wear pants around her house. If John agrees of course....

Would she run the risk of a Maxwell spy popping over unannounced? Or does everything in Maxvillaynya require weeks of scheduling in advance?

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Would she run the risk of a Maxwell spy popping over unannounced? Or does everything in Maxvillaynya require weeks of scheduling in advance?

this just gave me a mental image of Stevie standing at his own front door with a velvet rope and a clipboard like a nightclub bouncer, telling drop-ins "no, you can't come in, you're not on The Schedule."

John and Chelsy went to Texas on their honeymoon.  The Bontragers put the picture up on their instagram.  This is funny.  Every time the Bontragers put up a picture, the Maxwells do. 

1 hour ago, theologygeek said:

John and Chelsy went to Texas on their honeymoon.  

Any indication of where in Texas they went?

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Any indication of where in Texas they went?

No specifics that I've seen.

Chelsy just posted on her personal blog, but also simply said Texas.

Welcome back! Our wedding was truly all I could've ever imagined + our honeymoon in Texas was just as amazing. We arrived "home" from our honeymoon on the 18th, and so far, "wife life" has exceeded anything I could've imagined and I am absolutely loving it!

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2018/01/hey-from-kansas.html?m=1

His Way ServicesJanuary 24, 2018 at 6:49 PM

It WAS frigid!!! Beautiful pic though!! Thanks for posting. Good to hear from you! 
Love, Rebecca

Lol let’s hope she was not! !!1!!!

and so far, "wife life" has exceeded anything I could've imagined and I am absolutely loving it!

"wife life" ;)

She's going to look back on that photo in ten years and think that she was pretty stupid for being barefoot in the snow on a day with temperatures in the single digits. Barefoot wedding pictures aren't worth losing a toe to frostbite. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived