IGNORED

Dillards 47: Tweeting Twit

samurai_sarah

I don't think she posts photos like that to get negative attention, I think she genuinely doesn't realize people might think it is a weird photo and react negatively. I think she is just naively thinking "Yeah, this is the type of photo Jessa posts! Cute kids playing, amirite?"

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, anjulibai said:

She's doing it for attention is as good a reason as any, but she must see that Jessa gets a ton of attention for her cute pics of Spurgeon and Henry. Does she really prefer negative attention to positive? 

In the past, if it was the reverse {Jessa trolling for negative attention}, I might have agreed, but Jill purposely trolling for negative attention, I just can't see it. Maybe Derick is insisting, or posting under Jill's IG account? That is the kind of picture that you might share with close family members or friends, not one that someone like Jill would post on the www. Jill has never been on to show a comic side, so it totally falls flat and makes her look like an oddball, at best,  for posting.

14 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I don't think she posts photos like that to get negative attention, I think she genuinely doesn't realize people might think it is a weird photo and react negatively. I think she is just naively thinking "Yeah, this is the type of photo Jessa posts! Cute kids playing, amirite?"

Total lack of self awareness!

On 12/17/2017 at 8:55 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's knitted - not solid plastic! 

hats like that are very popular in Europe (at least in Eastern Europe and I assume Scandinavia). I had one similar to that but covering more face when I was that young.

2 hours ago, bananabread said:

I said something really similar to this a while ago, and I still personally think it's a likely scenario. Every Duggar birth since the show first aired has been filmed (except the post-Josh-scandal M-kids), but suddenly there's this weird secrecy around Samuel's birth? To the point where it's NEVER even addressed beyond "born by c-section mom and baby both alive OKAY BYEEEE"??? Something is up there.

We all know how badly Jill wanted a VBAC homebirth. We all know she and D-Wreck aren't exactly rational humans. We all know she waited like 3 days to go the hospital during Israel's birth. I think the filming crew commenting on/putting their foot down over poor childbirth decisions is extremely possible. They've known Jill since she was a little kid, and I'm sure they would advocate for her if they felt things were headed south. Plus I'm sure they wouldn't want to risk being legally liable (or liable in the public's opinion) for enabling/encouraging her to put her own and Samuel's lives at risk.

Yeah, that is a problem with FJ, all the ideas are already mentioned, and usually more eloquently :P I think it a plausible scenario as well. The liability and backlash could be a problem, and the conciencce of the film crew as well.

I don't think Jill is posting for negative attention, she is attempting to get the positive attention Jessa gets but is totally missing the mark. Jessa posts her kids doing normal stuff and knows what inappropriate to post online. Jill posts things that can look dangerous or unsafe. Jill lacks common sense and I do have some concerns for her and the boys safety. Jill means well but doesn't seem to know basic health and safety skills that could lead to the kids getting unintentionally harmed. Izzy chewing on an electric fan cable was terrifying to watch.

I'm firmly in the camp that Jill is just completely oblivious. Let's look at her posting history: begging for money while living in a rent free mansion, posting pictures of a sweaty, lethargic looking Izzy after carrying him dangerously incorrectly in a sling, posting photos of izzy with bruises and no explanation, posting photos of Izzy swaddled and crying, photos of Izzy playing near uncovered outlets, feeding Izzy tomato sauce through a straw out of a can. I'm sure there are some more I'm forgetting.

Side note: I guess Derick's trying to pretend he has nothing to do with Gothard or IBLP too. Looks like he even removed his posts peddling ALERT to cover it up. Well, fuck you Derick, the internet is forever:

Spoiler

derick_the_lier.thumb.jpg.d64df9b177da0876fdb750e1e88fadfb.jpg

Also that picture of your wife almost smothering Izzy in a sling? That was taken at an ATI conference. It seems odd to me that you'd be standing next the speaker at a conference for something you're not "aligned with", in-law or not.

Spoiler

Jill-Duggar-Baby-Sling-2.jpg.6a6e998022db30638bba1452c8f56112.jpg

2 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Agree completely. She just lacks the media savvy of Jessa and other Insta famous moms. She's like Chris Maxwell, she sees the content of photos but not the context.

She seems to naturally lack some self-awareness, and since she is a follower/people pleaser, having a complete raving idiot for a husband isn't helping things. I feel kinda bad for her. I think she is really blindsided at any negative feedback from her photos. 

8 hours ago, Thorns said:

Ok, this is pure speculation. We do not know what happened during the birth of Sam, and we do not know if it was being filmed. With the Israel history in mind, what if something went wrong, and the camera crew were the ones to put their foot down? "We are not watching this any longer, call the hospital or we do?". That would make for a strained relationship afterwards. Or, TLC knew they were going to take risks that the COs could not condone, and decided to drop them beforehand, making it a moot point? Speculation over.

I sort of lost all faith in the humanity of reality show producers after all the garbage that has gone on with Teen Mom. Granted, it's a different network and different producers. But there's still the need for filming interesting (ok, not so much with CO) or dramatic content, even to the detriment of the "cast." Like covering up the CPS investigation when Jenelle's daughter was born with marijuana in her system, filming Jenelle neglecting her youngest son (throwing him in a dark room  in his crib when she doesn't want to deal with him, ignoring his desperate heartbreaking wail of "feed me!", filming her husband tossing that boy around like a sack of potatoes...), filming someone driving while high...

I think legal/financial liability could be more of an issue. Like knowingly filming illegal shenanigans that put Jill and Sam's lives at risk (if they attempted a homebirth VBAC). 

Has anyone seen his latest replies? What could he mean he never worked for TLC? Maybe that he worked for the production company? Otherwise he’s more crazy than I thought. 

Spoiler

1BE8D416-2DB6-41E0-8378-7ECAC556654F.jpeg

Spoiler

EFD70061-0E72-4A1F-9677-888F6E9E49B7.jpeg

Does anyone else read his tweets with a "stank face" expression? Like, what else are you going to say TurdFace. I cringe before i read the damn things. :pb_lol:

There is a reddit thread contemplating if Derrick is cheating on Jill. Someone responded and claimed to be from the area and have friends in the church he works with. Rumor mill out of the church is that Derrick has a "boi toy."

Obviously - take with a huge internet chunk of salt. I have no clue who that person who posted is. I just felt like I should mention in the vein of the first "sin in the camp" whispers.

Please let me know if this was inappropriate to post.

36 minutes ago, kachuu said:

Does anyone else read his tweets with a "stank face" expression? Like, what else are you going to say TurdFace. I cringe before i read the damn things. :pb_lol:

I definitely do!
I have made my views on Derick Dillard very known on this thread, and I just caught up on the past few days of Dillard news.

I don't think I know the answer to his behavior, though I agree to varying degrees with most of what you all have said the past few pages regarding his motivations for attention seeking on Twitter, poor Jill trying to overcompensate and copy Jessa's social media expertise and failing spectacularly (here's a tip Jill!-- use a less-yellowy/grainy looking filter, and maybe it will make your kids look less ill and your photos less trying too hard with a hint of sadness??? I mean really...)

I'm not sure the real story with Derick, he has been duplicitous since he first appeared. He seemed so sweet and fun and kind, bu turns out that was either all an act to nab Jill, or he has been warped by fame
(i always include his father's death and not handling the grief healthily and then his mother's near-death cancer experience as something which I believe impacts him ALOT, and probably always will--- this is the ONLY aspect in which I do have some pity for him, THE ONLY ONE)

But I think  (at least it helps me ) see the differences in Derick especially when you look at his brother Dan.
Dude is so happy! He and his wife Deena have so much fun! He seems to still make jokes, enjoys the  outdoors, plans special events for his wife, and best of all?!  DAN DILLARD DOESN'T BULLY CHILDREN, BEG FOR MONEY, SEEK ATTENTION FOR ABHORRENT BELIEFS,  ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
What does Dan do!? He keeps it to a few Instagram posts about him and Deena doing something together, or something to  do with sports, and calls it a day. Then gets on with living his life, however he sees fit, but privately. It is not lost on me that they share the same beliefs (99% if not 100%) but that isn't the point.

Dan lives his life, loves Deena, and appears to be HAPPY.

Look at Derick! He could take a leaf out of his brother's book. I know I have said this before too.

Derick, you call yourself a spiritual leader, the "man" of the house, the smarty-pants who got an Accounting degree and then proceeded to beg for money for 3 years as a bearded missionary in SA, the judgemental hater, the extremist, famous for severing ties with TLC ( LOL yeah right) because it was all your decision.....all the while Jill had to follow along behind you, lugging giant Izzy around, and now Sam too......

Your brother's wife Deena, works for a group called "Healthy Families America: Circle of Life", see below:

I know, I know, as some of you will say, that no doubt while they are doing these activities with the women they espouse all their shitty beliefs, but I don't care. They are helping people, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, in a tangible way and bringing some joy into their lives, and I will never criticize that. Just like Lawson & Nathan Bates flying to Puerto Rico and Texas to help hurricane victims.

As a couple, Dan and Deena are far and away above in my estimation. All Jill and Derick have done is grift from TLC, wander around SA, then beg for more money on GFM. Learn from your brother Derick!!! You are heading for a fall, it isn't even the bottom yet, and I fear for Jill, I really really do. You are not a man of God. You need some serious help. Fame has poisoned you, or maybe this has been the real you all along, and TLC and marrying a Duggar princess brought out all the hate in you.

Ok, catching up on the latest Dillard antics.  Didn't know that Derick was fired / asked to leave / dropped from the show but I am not surprised.    Whether he was dropped because of the tweets or because of something else, either way, he has been going off the rails for some time now.    So, as pointed out, this is the second income producing venture he has blown.   This is a guy who had a decent education, held what seemed to be a decent job but in the end prefers to just be a raving deadbeat.   

I was like others here thinking Jill might just have a shot at a decent independent life but instead she joins the ranks of those fundie wives who have loser headships.

Seems that Derick does need some sort of help.   As in real help, not praying the problems away.  Unfortunately, Jill does not have the tools to insist that he get it.  

Derrick's ability to twist things so much that they are completely divorced from the truth might worry me most of all about him.  I've never seen someone like that do well in relationships, or life in general. Dude is really coming off like a narcissist. 

I'm really impressed with Deena now, thanks for that @Feministe9000. Especially the part about assisting women out of abusive relationships. That means she doesn't subscribe to the headship mentality. And overall, like you said, she is doing real things for real people in need. And, it looks like these are people in her own community.

I'm going to guess that he is saying he was never employed by TLC because they are NOT employed by TLC.  Employment comes with a lot of requirements, particularly with health insurance and taxes.  None of them are actually employed.  This lets him say he wasn't fired when his contract as an independent contractor or whatever wasn't renewed.  But for most people just casually talking, thats the same thing.  He is using the technicality to imply something that isn't so.

19 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I'm going to guess that he is saying he was never employed by TLC because they are NOT employed by TLC.  Employment comes with a lot of requirements, particularly with health insurance and taxes.  None of them are actually employed.  This lets him say he wasn't fired when his contract as an independent contractor or whatever wasn't renewed.  But for most people just casually talking, thats the same thing.  He is using the technicality to imply something that isn't so.

Or what if he was just an addendum to Jill's contract :pb_lol:

39 minutes ago, kachuu said:

Or what if he was just an addendum to Jill's contract :pb_lol:

Ouch. LOL. Considering his ego, if that was the case, well that might explain his Twitter rants. 

No joke though...he has such an inflated ego. 

True story, I laughed when I saw the “Izzy smothering Sam photo” - not because I’m sadistic or cruel, but because it reminded me of my nephew and daughter. He adores her and tried giving her a big hug on the couch early this year, but she was only 3 months and he was a year old. The resulting photo made it look like he was attempting to smother her* and my family had a big laugh over it when we saw the photo later on. 

We posted it online, but we also made it pretty clear what had actually happened and everyone thought it was funny. So I agree with @singsingsing- the photo isn’t as problematic as the lack of description about what’s happening (I honestly didn’t get the sense anything violent or scary was happening in this one, but others obviously did so an explanation would have been a safe bet.)

*I was right there and ready to pull him off if needed. So no worries about safety.

Welp. I'm sure TLC doesn't mind because the Dillards are a rather unappealing trainwreck and they have plenty of newer, cuter, young couples in the family without Derrick-level baggage to take the lead. Guess the Dills will have to live off their Jim Bob subsidy without their share of TLC money coming in.

So the Dillards either quit or were fired and have lost their TLC income, and Derick's response is not to go back to his accounting career, or to get a job at a bank, or to clean toilets and mow lawns with Ben if that's literally the only work he can find, no, his response is to enter a "ministry" program costing thousands of dollars and requiring him to beg for thousands more dollars from strangers on the internet. What a jackass.

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

So the Dillards either quit or were fired and have lost their TLC income, and Derick's response is not to go back to his accounting career, or to get a job at a bank, or to clean toilets and mow lawns with Ben if that's literally the only work he can find, no, his response is to enter a "ministry" program costing thousands of dollars and requiring him to beg for thousands more dollars from strangers on the internet. What a jackass.

And to think he keeps digging a bigger hole, not only for himself, but Jill and the kids too. Jackass to the extreme. 

• samurai_sarah pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived