IGNORED

Dillards 47: Tweeting Twit

samurai_sarah

1 minute ago, Beermeet said:

@Sky with diamonds. That was my exact sentiment as stated above.  Private and accidental.  And, many of Jill's choice in pictures freak me out.  That one you mentioned, of a very upset way to old to be swaddled Izzy still upsets me. Why was he bundled like that?  Why did she take a picture and post it?  WHY???!!!!

We may never now. She might have thought it proved she was a hands on mother. Seriously, she should not have even thought about taking a pic like that and posting it. Try comforting the poor kid. She literally makes me shake my head. 

Sorry for misunderstanding a bit above..my apologies.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I kind of wondered the same about the time frame of Sam's birth and Derick's behavior.  Something happened, that we'll probably never know, and whether it was birth complications or TLC, Derick obviously went further off the rails than before. But there had to have been a trigger somewhere. I still think if he had quit, he or Jill would've announced it themselves. 

19 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

I cant help but wonder if the whole "going in different directions months ago" thing had something to do with Sam's birth. I dont know specifically what but that there was a disagreement about what/how Sams birth was going to be filmed or presented and one or both parties decided that the TV relationship wasnt going to work out. Then Derick felt OK to be open about his bullshit opinion on a fellow TLC star and so on because he was already done. There was something going on with that birth and they did not want it shared with the public (which is totally fine). Unfortunately I dont think Derick was actually fired for the Jazz tweets. TLC said they hadnt filmed Derick in several months and Derick said the same. Well a few months before would have been Sam's birth.  My guess is we may see very small glimpses of Jill and the boys but only in the context of what others are doing. 

I think you could be right on. And doubtful we will ever know he full story.

Watching Derick try to defend himself...what a joke. 

I also wonder what was going on behind the scenes. We only see a fragment of these people's lives, after all, and who knows what Derick Dillard is actually like to deal with? Right around that time there were rumours that the Dillards had been fired by SOS Ministries. Who knows, maybe Derick is such a toxic personality that TLC just couldn't continue working with him.

Or maybe TLC showed no interest/refused to film things the Dillards were involved in (Derick's ridiculous "ministry" program stateside, Sam's birth if there were some illegal/dangerous shenanigans happening, Derick wanting to rant about transgender and gay people) and the Dillards refused to budge so TLC just went, "Fine, we won't be filming you at all, then."

We'll probably never know unless Derick decides to go on a tweet storm about it or something, and even then we'd have to take everything he said with a huge grain of salt.

I have some catching up to do here but I don't think Jill is as confrontational and crazy as Derick appears to be. Derick is straying from JB & Michelle's "mission" and Jill was VERY much a happy follower of "The Duggar Family Mission"! Out of all the men they've married, Derick had the most potential with his Walmart accounting job and Jill had much to try to look forward to!

Derick, who I think MIGHT have be struggling with some sort of  mental illness or identity crisis, has been deteriorating behavior-wise and career-wise, and Jill really can't do much of anything to change him.  She does not have the experience nor the education to get him help.

Jill is expected to go along with Derick's vision. It's VERY possible that Jill could be seriously struggling with "the new Derick" vs. the Derick she THOUGHT she was marrying... What can she do? Jill, of all people, is wearing pants and a nose ring... I thought she'd be the last to do that. She also had a traumatic birth and clearly was grieving after it with all of the somber scriptures she posted. Her husband has been laid off AKA switching job plans again. This is A LOT of serious change in a short amount of time for anyone, let alone Jill, to handle. I feel sorry for Jill. My heart breaks for her because she must be scared that her provider isn't stable and doesn't appear willing to get help....

ADVICE FOR JILL

IF Jill is reading this, this is my advice: "Honey, girlfriend, listen... My heart aches for you. You didn't know Derick very well and trusted your Dad's blessing on marrying this man.  Derick went to college and had a solid accounting job at Walmart. He had a lot going for him. He's completely derailed that path.  What a huge disappointment you've had to cope with!

He has made a lot of changes in a short amount of time and his comments on twitter are not just downright mean but bizarre. I can't imagine the stress you have with coping with an unstable husband who keeps uprooting your family & switching plans in a short amount of time.

You have a sweet, humble personality and I can't imagine what it's like to deal with Trump #2 making outrageous confrontational comments. Find out some information about some good psychotherapists and take Derick on a trip to checked out and evaluated. He derailed the mission of your parents by getting fired from TLC and it must be stressful to be cut from The Duggar Family Mission. We all KNOW that wouldn't have been your choice right now. You were devastated on Fox News over the prospect of the show being cancelled. On top of this, you had a very unexpected complicating labor that really took a toll on you. You deserve a stable husband to rely on while you're still recovering from all of this.  This is a lot of change in your identity and entire sense of self you've had to deal with that have NOT been your choice but have been Derick's! 

Here's the deal:

• 1) Look up good reviews on psychotherapists in the area and take Derrick for a drive to get evaluated for his bizarre behavior and rapid life changes.
  • 2) Make good friends that you can trust and confide in at Cross Church and that college. You can make friends you'll be able to rely on in case you want OUT
  • 3) It's OK to see someone. Consider seeing a psychotherapist as a life coach. You've had to go through a lot of changes in your life and in your identity that have NOT been your decision.  That is really tough to go through and you deserve relying on someone to help you navigate all of this!
  • 4) Start doing YOU. Do what makes YOU happy. If you want to take a class at the college, go do it. You have many sisters that would love to babysit while you explore your education. Remember, you did an excellent job studying for your midwife exams and spanish classes while caring for Israel. You CAN do this again!
  • 5) You can have your OWN identity without Derick. You are a total go getter and can be independent sans Derick. You don't have to let him change who you want to be. Start working on yourself emotionally so that you won't be as hurt by his instability. 
  • 6) Try to come to terms with giving Derick an ultimatum. You do not have to suffer like Anna. If he doesn't put in effort to get stable, then you can leave him. I know that sounds impossible but if you invest in good friendships, people will go out of their way to help you and your babies.
  • 7) Protect your mind. You will become your thoughts. Avoid Derick as much as possible. Don't allow him to make you stew in his toxic negativity. His negativity is toxic for you and will harm you if he continues to penetrate your mind with it. Go for a walk and cultivate hobbies to avoid him. Wake up everyday and look at a positive scripture in the Bible and repeat a positive affirmation like "I CAN and I WILL!"

Every scenario I can think of generally boils down to the fact that Derick is an asshole. I agree that we will never know the full story but I could see Derick ranting more about TLC at some point especially if/when the show finally gets canceled for good.

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

Pretty sure you're not looking at the picture everyone is talking about.

Izzy.jpg

Yeah but I bet she didn't let this behavior continue beyond 2.5 seconds.

1 minute ago, Mlissmartin said:

Yeah but I bet she didn't let this behavior continue beyond 2.5 seconds.

But why would she post a photo of it for the world to see?

3 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

She knows it gets attention

So you think that Jill knows that these photos look bizarre and disturbing and posts them purposely to disturb people so that she'll get more publicity? (Genuine question - it sounds like as good a theory as any to me, honestly.)

16 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

So you think that Jill knows that these photos look bizarre and disturbing and posts them purposely to disturb people so that she'll get more publicity? (Genuine question - it sounds like as good a theory as any to me, honestly.)

The first time with the blanket I didn't think so, that was just odd..this time I do think she knew it would get attention

With the Izzy pic, I think it just shows a lack of common sense. 

26 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

She knows it gets attention

Attention? One way to put it.

Is she that clueless about social media or does she not care what she puts out there? A bit of both I think.

She's doing it for attention is as good a reason as any, but she must see that Jessa gets a ton of attention for her cute pics of Spurgeon and Henry. Does she really prefer negative attention to positive? 

AFAIC, the Duggars have some f-ed up ideas about what's funny vs. sadistic and Jill's photos are no exception.  Does anyone remember, a long time back, when young Jason fell through an opening in a floor and was in a wheelchair the next day?  Michelle had her phone out to record the event.  Or when Josiah pretended to drop a baby (it was a doll) in front of one of the cameramen?  Big laughs.  Or when Jim Bob and his mother pretended to kidnap some young Bateses during a visit?

Jill should know better, but I can sort of see why she doesn't, and I doubt Derick is of any particular help in that regard.

14 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

AFAIC, the Duggars have some f-ed up ideas about what's funny vs. sadistic and Jill's photos are no exception.  Does anyone remember, a long time back, when young Jason fell through an opening in a floor and was in a wheelchair the next day?  Michelle had her phone out to record the event.  Or when Josiah pretended to drop a baby (it was a doll) in front of one of the cameramen?  Big laughs.  Or when Jim Bob and his mother pretended to kidnap some young Bateses during a visit?

Jill should know better, but I can sort of see why she doesn't, and I doubt Derick is of any particular help in that regard.

I forgot about that until now. I couldn't believe Michelle was filming it instead of being comforting to him. That raised alarm bells for me.  Why film it as the crew already was? 

Another example of mind boggling things. 

I think lack of common sense might be one portion of it. I do think that Jill sees Izzy smothering Sam as similar to the Henry and Spurgeon wrestling video. Look how cute! Brothers love each other. I would say it's for attention but Jill is such a people pleaser that I can't see her going for negative attention or thriving on it. Derick does but I don't think Jill does. Who knows though? 

I’m new here (posting, but have been reading for a few years) but just couldn’t hold back anymore. 

I learned how to knit from a book years ago. It took months. This was before YouTube.

I learned how to crochet in half a day on YouTube. CrochetCrowd (Mikey) was so simple. I like knitting but it’s much more involved than crochet. OTOH, knitting is the way to go with certain projects. My point is that either can be learned so easily these days with all of the available resources. Get some cheap yarn, a few needles, and dig in to either craft. They’re both so rewarding. 

As for Derrick, I’m going to share some wisdom that I learned from my Grammy as a girl. If you don’t have a sure 2-year plan in place (financial, family planning, savings, etc.), don’t shit where you eat. He seems to have stood his ground religiously to his own detriment. I doubt that Jim Boob appreciates his outspokenness to the point of firing from TLC. Say what you want about JB, but he’s had to be a somewhat successful businessman. Adding 4 people back to the financial responsibility that I’m sure isn’t light to begin with can’t be especially appreciated. Shitting on your own living seems both childish and incredibly irresponsible for a “man” who’s supposed to be the headship of four people. 

Jill. Don’t post pics that look smothery. I’m sure it was youthful exuberance, but have some common sense girl. Keep those ones for the family album only!

Ok, this is pure speculation. We do not know what happened during the birth of Sam, and we do not know if it was being filmed. With the Israel history in mind, what if something went wrong, and the camera crew were the ones to put their foot down? "We are not watching this any longer, call the hospital or we do?". That would make for a strained relationship afterwards. Or, TLC knew they were going to take risks that the COs could not condone, and decided to drop them beforehand, making it a moot point? Speculation over.

2 hours ago, Thorns said:

Ok, this is pure speculation. We do not know what happened during the birth of Sam, and we do not know if it was being filmed. With the Israel history in mind, what if something went wrong, and the camera crew were the ones to put their foot down? "We are not watching this any longer, call the hospital or we do?". That would make for a strained relationship afterwards. Or, TLC knew they were going to take risks that the COs could not condone, and decided to drop them beforehand, making it a moot point? Speculation over.

I said something really similar to this a while ago, and I still personally think it's a likely scenario. Every Duggar birth since the show first aired has been filmed (except the post-Josh-scandal M-kids), but suddenly there's this weird secrecy around Samuel's birth? To the point where it's NEVER even addressed beyond "born by c-section mom and baby both alive OKAY BYEEEE"??? Something is up there.

We all know how badly Jill wanted a VBAC homebirth. We all know she and D-Wreck aren't exactly rational humans. We all know she waited like 3 days to go the hospital during Israel's birth. I think the filming crew commenting on/putting their foot down over poor childbirth decisions is extremely possible. They've known Jill since she was a little kid, and I'm sure they would advocate for her if they felt things were headed south. Plus I'm sure they wouldn't want to risk being legally liable (or liable in the public's opinion) for enabling/encouraging her to put her own and Samuel's lives at risk.

9 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Looks almost like Sam was being fussy or loudly protesting and Izzy stuck his hand over his mouth to make him be quiet. But I would also think such would be a learned behavior? In any case not a pic I would share on social media.

I mean I think it's a weird pic too but let's not get carried away. To me it looks like Izzy grabbed Samuel's face (somewhat roughly) to give him a kiss. I wouldn't be surprised if Jill told Izzy to give his brother a kiss and that's the end result. It's just that the first thing you notice is Izzy's hand covering most of Sam's face and Sam looking like he is not enjoying it.

3 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I mean I think it's a weird pic too but let's not get carried away. To me it looks like Izzy grabbed Samuel's face (somewhat roughly) to give him a kiss. I wouldn't be surprised if Jill told Izzy to give his brother a kiss and that's the end result. It's just that the first thing you notice is Izzy's hand covering most of Sam's face and Sam looking like he is not enjoying it.

EXACTLY my thoughts. I'm not horrified in any way by that photo. The fact that it's Jill, and that she never explains anything - at all - is what's making everyone so concerned.

8 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

I cant help but wonder if the whole "going in different directions months ago" thing had something to do with Sam's birth. I dont know specifically what but that there was a disagreement about what/how Sams birth was going to be filmed or presented and one or both parties decided that the TV relationship wasnt going to work out. Then Derick felt OK to be open about his bullshit opinion on a fellow TLC star and so on because he was already done. There was something going on with that birth and they did not want it shared with the public (which is totally fine). Unfortunately I dont think Derick was actually fired for the Jazz tweets. TLC said they hadnt filmed Derick in several months and Derick said the same. Well a few months before would have been Sam's birth.  My guess is we may see very small glimpses of Jill and the boys but only in the context of what others are doing. 

You could very well be right. Though it wouldn't have to be anything overly dramatic with regards to the actual birth, but perhaps a disagreement about filming it? I wonder whether they are contractually bound to allow everything to be filmed. Maybe this time around they went to set some boundaries that weren't acceptable to TLC? The idea that you would sign your name to a blanket permission to film your most intimate moments is abhorrent. Maybe they raised some objections, and maybe TLC thought well sod it, they are not worth a compromise?

21 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I agree. I think maybe she intended it as one of those 'perfect cute pic vs another from the reel that's hilariously awful' that blogger mums quite often put up to show their realness. You know, like a Pinterest fail. It's just that it's not very good, and she hasn't presented it with enough direction.

If she'd written something like 'I wanted a pic of how cute the kids looked in their hats,  but Izzy had other ideas', it might have gone over better.

The way Derick says our family decided to go in a different direction.  Does that mean Jill will no longer be on the show?  That is the big question?  According to Pickles they are filming not Jill and Derick but Jana and Joy...perhaps they will steer away from Jill somehow...(how would JB put up with this) to Kendra (oh dear lord)Joy and Austin...I am sorry but moving from Jill who was entertaining to a degree to KENDRA is just going to cancel the show.  Wait this is a good thing. 

But again who cares now if Jill posts anything because she is out of the show...

• samurai_sarah pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived