IGNORED

Dillards 47: Tweeting Twit

samurai_sarah

53 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

That look Sam has says it all, poor kid looks so rigid, and uncomfortable. Not a pic I would post anywhere on the web.

Yeah, super awkward pose there. Oh, the Dillard obsession with check-out-my-distressed-child photos...what would Instagram be without them?? :pb_lol:

The disparity between the social media accounts is interesting.

D-Wreck = grifting, judgment, criticism, fire and brimestone.

Jill = cute kids, perfect family, supportive of "hubby," clearly trying the be lovable and relatable.

As usual, Jill is a people pleaser who doesn't want to rock the boat. As usual, D-Wreck is a self-righteous attention whore who doesn't care about her feelings. :pb_rollseyes:

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just spent like 2 days catching up on 30ish pages of thread....The Dillards really are the gift that keeps on giving (if that gift is food poisoning) 

Soooooooooo if Dwreck quit and took Jillymuffin and the boys with him I would be **really** interested to know how that went over with JB. I think we all know that while JB has the same awful beliefs as Dwreck he's definitely more tuned into what the TLC gravy train requires. I can't see him being overly happy with Dwreck quitting the show ESPECIALLY since he has such a strong focus on fiscal responsibility. Early on JB and Michelle *worked* (the grocery store, car lot etc) and I can't see them throwing money at Dwreck and Jill after Dwreck quit (or even was fired from) TLC. Sure JB totally probably agrees with every hateful stupid thing Dwreck said BUT  I can sort of see JB questioning why Dwreck couldn't keep his mouth shut when the rest of the Duggars somehow managed to.

I also can't help but consider how hard this could be on Jill, she came of age on that show with that network and from the sounds of it had positive experiences and relationships with the Enlows and other staff. To have it yanked from her? that's gotta sting. And again I'm sure she agreed with everything Dwreck said but every other Duggar including Jill had the exact same beliefs and managed to keep quiet enough not to cause this big of an issue. 

10 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Neither were his two nephews, Henry Fitzroy  or Edward VI. Both were healthy children and young men and died possibly of consumption in their teens (IIRC 17 and 15).

Anne may have said  terrible things to and about KoA and Mary but Henry was the one with the power. And he was the one who ramped up the persecution of Mary after the deaths of both her mother and Anne in order to make her conform to his will.

He was using the power of both her father and her king. Anne never could have competed unless she had been left as regent had Henry gone to war.

I’m well aware of all that. My point remains that Anne wasn’t a completely helpless victim in all this though - she may not have had a ton of choice in the matter because Henry was King, but she was an ambitious woman who knew her choices were going to have a serious impact on other people and she did them anyways. Henry still bears the vast majority of the blame for everything that happened because he held the most power, but Anne too bears some of the blame for what happened to Katherine and Mary - if for no other reason than encouraging Henry and taking delight in their suffering.

Please don’t think I’m unsympathetic to Anne though. I’m absolutely sympathetic to her and the horrible things done to her by Henry and the other powerful men in her life. Anne is one my favorite Tudor figures because she was such a complex woman who was ahead of her time in so many ways, but she was still (in some ways) very much a victim of a patriarchal society.

I doubt she had much choice in whether to have a relationship with Henry - he was King, was used to getting what he wanted, and a relationship with him would have advanced her family. I can’t even imagine how horrific it must have been for her to know that the man who had once loved her so passionately and who had a child with her was also the same man who had sentenced her to die for false accusations, simply because she was no longer useful. She did things I consider wrong, but she absolutely did not deserve to die for them. 

ETA: and I’m pretty sure you meant to write “sons” and not nephews. Edward VI and Henry Fitzroy were Henry VIII’s sons by Jane Seymour and Bessie Blount, not his nephews.

18 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Sure, Derick.

My theory: TLC was the one who "felt it best" for you to cut ties and were not subtle in how they made this clear to you, because you, like Josh, were messing up the illusion that this family is just a good ol' wholesome mega-family that goes on wacky adventures and hahaha look at what yokels they are when they leave their cute little farm.

6 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Sure, Derick.

My theory: TLC was the one who "felt it best" for you to cut ties and were not subtle in how they made this clear to you, because you, like Josh, were messing up the illusion that this family is just a good ol' wholesome mega-family that goes on wacky adventures and hahaha look at what yokels they are when they leave their cute little farm.

First time i Saw this about Derick - he is clearly delusional.  If his family is heading in a different direction, someone should tell his wife because she clearly thinks that they will be on tv again for all the placating look at my children posts.  If Jill is truly off the show that is wonderful...if Derick can't grasp that Jill is on the show then what is with his post. 

questions people.... exciting answers await 

it's like an xfile - wait that's a different board :D 

can someone tweet him back asking him where he is going in his different direction?

or do we know already 

lol okay dWRECK, you weren't fired. You were just politely asked to stop coming to work.

Jill really is daft with her social media. It reminded me of that video Jessa shared of her boys wrestling, they were laughing and when Spurge got a bit rough, Jessa stopped it on camera. Instead Jill's posting a piture of Israel semi-smothering his brother. (Not that he knows any better) but still. 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

lol okay dWRECK, you weren't fired. You were just politely asked to stop coming to work.

Jill really is daft with her social media. It reminded me of that video Jessa shared of her boys wrestling, they were laughing and when Spurge got a bit rough, Jessa stopped it on camera. Instead Jill's posting a piture of Israel semi-smothering his brother. (Not that he knows any better) but still. 

if she is fired as well (one can only hope) has it reached her brain yet? 

16 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It isn't a wonder he likes Trump so much, he's just like him. Only dumber and more "godly".  They are both bloviating jackasses who don't have clue one what they are talking about.

Also both are narcissistic tweeting twits.

12 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

So how are the Dillards going to make it?  Any money Jill had saved from TLC, People, ect is going to go quickly and there's seemingly no money coming in now.  Jill was the bread winner but it sounds like Dwreck killed her job as well as his own.

See John Shrader

Please no. No African country deserves Dwreck. No.no.nope.  Dwreck can learn to flip houses and scrub toilets for JB. It will keep him out of trouble and give him an income. He could then travel to parts of the world affected by natural disasters and help re-build using his new found skills. That way Jill and boys can be involved in Counting on, giving Jill an income, pleasing JB at the same time. 

The added bonus would be no more/less Dwreck babies born. A plus on all scores for Jill.

Oh geeze does anyone follow the Love what Matter page on Face book?  This is the story that they posted, It seems Jill isn't alone in her fear of bathroom crashes. 

"So, I was sitting on the toilet peeing this morning, and I heard a loud boom in my house. Rowdy started barking and going crazy; It sounded like it was coming from the front door, like either a window or a door was busted. So mid-pee, I jumped up, threw my undies on, and grabbed the gun in my nightstand. I ran to my living room, and saw no one. I immediately called Brian (because I can overreact sometimes); and he told me to go through the house and check it out with him on the phone, with the gun. I threw open our bedroom doors, checked all the windows... nothing. So, I decided to check my hall bathroom. (It doesn't have windows, but just in case.) I pushed on the door, but I couldn't open it. Something pushed back! I started freaking out, screaming, 'I have a gun!' I set the alarm off, grabbed Rowdy, and left my house! I was on the phone with Brian, this whole time. He had to get off the phone with me, because the security system was calling him. I called my mom to tell her someone was in my house! Then, I drove to the Dollar Store, up the street. I saw the police officer drive into the subdivision; and shortly after that, the police called and asked me to come to the house. I walked up (with no pants), and asked to put pants on... Police officer said he would check out the house. I sat in my car and waited until he came out to tell me that it was a curtain rod—a freaking curtain rod! I had run out of my new house, in my new neighborhood, in my underwear; set off the alarm, and called the police.... With literally no bra, no shoes, no pants; a dog in one arm, and a gun in the other; making a mad dash across my yard to get to my car—all because of a curtain rod! I'm done. Stick a fork in me."

For our best love stories, subscribe to our free email newsletter: http://bit.ly/29l733Q

#LoveWhatMatters

Submitted by Brittany Ogden

33 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Oh geeze does anyone follow the Love what Matter page on Face book?  This is the story that they posted, It seems Jill isn't alone in her fear of bathroom crashes. 

"So, I was sitting on the toilet peeing this morning, and I heard a loud boom in my house. Rowdy started barking and going crazy; It sounded like it was coming from the front door, like either a window or a door was busted. So mid-pee, I jumped up, threw my undies on, and grabbed the gun in my nightstand. I ran to my living room, and saw no one. I immediately called Brian (because I can overreact sometimes); and he told me to go through the house and check it out with him on the phone, with the gun. I threw open our bedroom doors, checked all the windows... nothing. So, I decided to check my hall bathroom. (It doesn't have windows, but just in case.) I pushed on the door, but I couldn't open it. Something pushed back! I started freaking out, screaming, 'I have a gun!' I set the alarm off, grabbed Rowdy, and left my house! I was on the phone with Brian, this whole time. He had to get off the phone with me, because the security system was calling him. I called my mom to tell her someone was in my house! Then, I drove to the Dollar Store, up the street. I saw the police officer drive into the subdivision; and shortly after that, the police called and asked me to come to the house. I walked up (with no pants), and asked to put pants on... Police officer said he would check out the house. I sat in my car and waited until he came out to tell me that it was a curtain rod—a freaking curtain rod! I had run out of my new house, in my new neighborhood, in my underwear; set off the alarm, and called the police.... With literally no bra, no shoes, no pants; a dog in one arm, and a gun in the other; making a mad dash across my yard to get to my car—all because of a curtain rod! I'm done. Stick a fork in me."

For our best love stories, subscribe to our free email newsletter: http://bit.ly/29l733Q

#LoveWhatMatters

Submitted by Brittany Ogden

Okay, that would freak me the hell out, too. I would probably also run out of my house and call the police if I really believed an intruder was in my washroom. The gun seems kind of excessive, but we don't have the same gun culture up here in Canada so I wouldn't assume that a possible intruder would have a gun, either. But I have so many questions. Mostly about why she was pantsless. She wasn't wearing pants before she went to the washroom? Okay... but she had time to grab a gun, call her husband, set off the security system and search the whole house, but no time to throw on a pair of pants or a skirt??

Maybe it's harder for me to imagine because literally the first thing I do when I get out of bed in the morning is get dressed, but still. The image of this woman running screaming into the street in her underwear, hauling a dog under one arm and waving a gun in the other, is insane. No wonder there are so many gun deaths. This woman is literally out of her mind with panic, and of course she has a gun! 

Also, how heavy was this curtain rod if it 'pushed back' when she tried to open the washroom door? That doesn't make sense to me. Curtain rods can't 'push back' on a door with the same force as a human being.

Jill and her strange children photos...at least add a funny/explainatory captions. "No, Izzy isn't taking Sam prisoner, he's just still learning how to be gentle with his baby brother! I love seeing their bond and can't wait to see it grow."

I don't know what I'd do if I thought there was an intruder in my house. I wouldn't want to leave without my cats, but they'd run off and hide somewhere and I'd have to chase them around.

Since I'm assuming that Jill had no say in what her headship decided, this is now the second (of two) paying gigs that Derrick has cost the family since getting married. That's criminal, especially given that his alternative appears to be begging strangers for money to indulge his whims.

The poster above who asked how JB would react if Derrick took Jill and the kids away - to where and on what funds? Let's get real here, the guy is a lazy deadbeat. So unless there are enough stupid people willing to assist in his grifting, he's kind of stuck where he is.

Just brutal what's happened to Jill since she got married. Her saving grace is her repeat c-sections, that should at least limit the family size eventually.

7 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I don't know what I'd do if I thought there was an intruder in my house. I wouldn't want to leave without my cats, but they'd run off and hide somewhere and I'd have to chase them around.

Don't worry about your cats. The intruder will not be remotely interested in your cats, I can almost guarantee you that. In all likelihood, the intruder will not be remotely interested in you, either.

This is my experience, anyway, from working for the police: the vast, vast majority of B&Es are committed by people who have no interest in coming into contact with you at all. They want to get in, grab some stuff that they can pawn (usually for drug money), and get out without you ever knowing they were there. Violent home invasions are rare and almost always committed by people who know their victims, usually due to some kind of personal or financial feud which tends to lead back to drugs. Out of the hundreds of reports I read I can only recall one which involved stranger-on-stranger violence in the context of a B&E, and that was the homeowner attacking the burglar with a wine bottle. (Of course the caveat being, know your own neighbourhood - violent and stranger-on-stranger crime is more common in some places than others.)

Best thing to do if you think someone has broken into your home is to call 911 and immediately get out of your house. If you can't get out, call 911 and find a safe place to hide. Do not shout at the intruder. Do not run around checking the house. DO NOT ARM YOURSELF unless you're trained and very confident that you can effectively use a weapon in a crisis situation. If you're not, you're most likely to have the weapon used against you. If you're hiding, do not come out of hiding until the police arrive.

There are things you can do to make a B&E less likely: most B&E reports I read involved an unsecured or poorly secured point of entry. Make sure your outside doors are sturdy and have deadbolts. Don't keep spare keys in obvious hiding places. Make sure your windows lock, and don't leave them open at night. Have a motion sensor on your outside lights so that they automatically come on when they detect movement close by. Install a security system which sets off an audible alarm when breached, and have the sticker visible near points of entry (the sticker will often deter potential home invaders, as will the noise of the alarm if they do attempt to break in). Leave a couple lights on inside at night - you can even leave a TV on and visible through a window. Have a car parked in the driveway. Have a visible 'Beware Of Dog' sign. Don't let mail pile up in your mailbox, keep your yard well cared for - generally make sure it looks like people are actively living in your house. Try not to have valuables too visible through your windows. Never advertise on social media that you're going to be away from home. If you have a gate, make sure it's closed and locked at night or when you're not at home. In the unusual event that someone does break into your house, always have your phone charged and nearby and know your escape plan in advance. You can install locks on bedroom doors and even in closets if you want extra peace of mind.

Can I just throw my two pence into the CofA discussion? She is hands down my favorite woman in that time period. I've been doing some hard-core analysis of a few of her letters and the woman was masterful with her rhetorical choices. There is one where she ties Cardinal Wolsey's eternal salvation to him letting the intended of one of her maids have a few days off to talk to her father. When I say masterful, I mean masterful.

Doing all of this research and analysis is very interesting because I can see where her "arch-type" character developed from. Most of CofA's letters have never been published in full, so a lot of historians and authors base things off of the summaries created by white men in the Victorian era. Yes, Victorian era. That is when the Catalogues of State Papers were written up. I read one which references the Archives of Westphalia. 

The image that comes up when you really look at her letters is a woman who knows she is bound by "the rules" for women but also figures out ways to circumvent them. She holds her own during her widow years even though she was a pawn between two of the most powerful and cunning men in Europe. Hell, she was regent during the Battle of Flodden and IIRC rallied the troops (possibly on horseback), just like her mother (Isabel of Castile) did and her daughter (Mary I) would do when she was about to win her thrown from Jane Grey (or the men who pressed Jane's claim, it is debatable). I'm drawing the info here from an article on Mary Tudor from The Rituals and Rhetoric of Queenship edited by Liz Oakley-Brown and Louise J Wilkinson along with just various things I remember. 

What I am trying to say is that Catherine of Aragon does not get enough fan-girls if you ask me. Part of that is due to the lack of accessible letters. Her letters are in Latin, Spanish, English, and French and located in archives in England, Spain, Germany, Austria, France, and maybe the Vatican. She left letters, beautiful letters from the maybe 20 I've read in full. They are there but translating from at least 4 languages and getting permission from a bunch of countries to print them would be a monumental task. Not to mention funding a project like that. However, someone did a compendium of the letters and writings of Catherine Parr. Maybe it is time for her possible namesake (Catherine Parr's mother was a lady in waiting for Catherine of Aragon), Catherine of Aragon, to have her day too. 

@singsingsing  Good advice above.

So I have been away from the board for a week or two.  Not even going to try to catch up, but just scanning.

I noticed posts about JK Rowling and some were disappointed.  Here's the thing,  try not to get so black and white in your thinking. JK Rowling is overwhelmingly a voice for justice and equality.  She is about empowerment.  But, as a human, she is bound, like we all are to have blindspots.  And to sometimes side with the wrong person.  One or two examples of questionable judgment does not invalidate all the good she has done.  Move on. 

Anne Boleyn?  Victim of her time.  Yes,  she was underhanded at times, but how else in that era were women supposed to exercise their power?  The royal courts were cutthroat places with all kinds of twisted and diabolical plottings and dealings.  Most of the kings, etc, were weak and fragile, if not physically, than emotionally.  They lived in an era where brothers would think nothing of turning on one another in order to advance their own inheritance and rank.  They were easy to manipulate and control, but many were also volatile and have a host of mental and physical illnesses.   Women had sex as a power base, and intrigue.   And at the same time, even though they may have been able to use their sex appeal as power, it was also outside of their control.  They were sold off as consorts, or wives as part of land deals, or power merges between countries.  They were always commodified and not viewed as having their own agency.  Young women had the commodity of sex, and they could exert some control sometimes, but often were traded, raped, etc.  Older women, who had sons, would cultivate very close relationship with the son because that was how they could ensure their future.   They relied on men to feed and house them, and by extension to grant them status and power. 

Someone upthread mentioned that the separation from TLC might be hard for Jill aside from just the steady income, and I really appreciated that comment.  I remember that Jill was close to the Enlow, or at least the Mrs. Enlow when she was pregnant and delivered prematurely.   Jill, with her people pleasing skills was always a 'go-to' with talking heads and scenes because she was open, talkative and cheerful.  No doubt she was a favorite for the producers.  If Derick has tainted Jill's relationship with the show, which sounds like the case,  I feel for her because I don't think Jill has many advocates in her corner, except perhaps JB.  She doesn't seem truly close to her sibs.  Yes, I am sure they love her, but you don't get the sense she has a kindred spirit relationship with them like we saw with Jess and Jing, or Jing and Joe, etc.  I think Jill was loved by her buddy group, but now that Joy is 'adult' and preggo and married, I doubt she has Jill as her main focus anymore.  And who knows about the other littles.  They all look to be in various degrees of unhappiness in their pictures.  But who knows what reality is. 

I never had the sense that Jill was particularly close to any of her brothers.  I keep thinking of that horrible picture where she is acting as a cup holder for Josh, who was even more smuggy than usual.  I have often wondered if this was a form of punishment to Jill for something.  We know that Josh called her a tattletale.  Was that cup holding thing a form of discipline used by the family to reinforce Jill's role as a subservient to her older MALE sibling.  The picture looked like one that was not really intended for public viewing.  So it just wouldn't surprise me. The small sad little smile she has makes think of how they  must obey with a good attitude.   

Then Jill marries Derick and ugh.  What a disappointment from our view looking in.  Of course she loves him because she has been trained to love narcissistic selfish men her whole life and has been told the more she does, the more godly she is for doing so.  Just look at Anna?  She is widely admired by these idiots for staying with Josh despite everything.  The more a woman tolerates the more she is praised for her gentle and forgiving spirit. 

Jill's life makes me sad.  If you go back and watch older episodes, yes, she was kind of a superchatty know it all, but she genuinely seemed to have some interests she wanted to pursue  She stepped outside the security (can we call a house with a child molester secure?) of the TTH, and pursued the Midwife thing.  Yes, she had to have Jana come with her, but still she did it.  And, she seemed really to enjoy her time in Nepal, learning knew things, was fairly respectful of the culture, etc. 

Jill may not have been sold into the institution of marriage just for the show, but she was sold to Derick.  JB made a huge mistake in Judgment when he paired her up with him.  I have no doubt that JB pushed this on Jill, who developmentally was probably really excited to enter into an adult relationship.  Derick made a good initial impression.  He did that with many of us on here too.  We always saw him as kind of geeky but with a more liberal christian hippie vibe.  He seemed easy going, and like someone who might follow strict beliefs for himself, but was more of a "you do you" kind of guy.  We were all fooled.  Either he never was really like that, or something very deep within him changed. 

I know Jill is annoying but I feel for her.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but where does Jill and Dwreck live? They used to live in the big house, they went abroad, and where do they live now?

48 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but where does Jill and Dwreck live? They used to live in the big house, they went abroad, and where do they live now?

I thought at first they had perhaps bought a house, but from their pictures it looks like an apartment. I'm not well-versed enough to say if the place they are living looks like a Duggar property "guest house" or not.

If Dwreck doesn't believe he was fired then what does he call no longer being filmed, shown, or paid to be filmed or shown?  And having TLC publicly announce it?  He was getting attention, which he seems to like, and money, which he seems to need.  Now he's got Twitter, GoFundMe, and the same family to support.

I suspect TLC started losing interest in CA and things went downhill from there.  Pie-baking, wandering around looking dirty, reminiscing about Pistol Pete, and puking can only be repeated so often.  I believe the Dillard's role on the show had already been substantially cut by the time he tweeted about Jazz, etc.

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Jill and her strange children photos...at least add a funny/explainatory captions. "No, Izzy isn't taking Sam prisoner, he's just still learning how to be gentle with his baby brother! I love seeing their bond and can't wait to see it grow."

I don't think Jill cares much what she and Derick puts out there regarding their family. They are the ones who put a video of Izzy chewing on a fan, while it was plugged in. The pic of Izzy on a sheet and very upset was posted by Jill and or Derick. That's just two examples. I'd like to know what goes into their heads at times, surely they know better than to let a young child chew on something that is plugged in, and to comfort a very upset baby instead of making it public? 

the mind boggles with Jill and Derick. 

3 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Since I'm assuming that Jill had no say in what her headship decided, this is now the second (of two) paying gigs that Derrick has cost the family since getting married. That's criminal, especially given that his alternative appears to be begging strangers for money to indulge his whims.

The poster above who asked how JB would react if Derrick took Jill and the kids away - to where and on what funds? Let's get real here, the guy is a lazy deadbeat. So unless there are enough stupid people willing to assist in his grifting, he's kind of stuck where he is.

Just brutal what's happened to Jill since she got married. Her saving grace is her repeat c-sections, that should at least limit the family size eventually.

third if you count walmart. whether he was fired or quit out of pride and thinking he could coast on fame, he lost that income for his family.

15 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I also can't help but consider how hard this could be on Jill, she came of age on that show with that network and from the sounds of it had positive experiences and relationships with the Enlows and other staff. To have it yanked from her? that's gotta sting. And again I'm sure she agreed with everything Dwreck said but every other Duggar including Jill had the exact same beliefs and managed to keep quiet enough not to cause this big of an issue. 

It's so very hard to tell what Jill is really thinking.   On one hand, I think she loves it.  Totally up her alley. An outspoken headship doing things his own way and getting to be different with the literal look they have going. Eschewing the show in favor of "real" ministry.

On the other hand, Jill wants to be at home in Arkansas,  close to family and wishes Derrick would stop attention seeking.  Just be an extension of early Duggar life.  No more, no less.

I think #1 is more likely.

• samurai_sarah pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived