IGNORED

Dillards 47: Tweeting Twit

samurai_sarah

23 hours ago, nst said:

the new pictures of Izzy practically smothering Sam are somewhat scary.  Sam has the look we all feel.  Get me out of this family. 

I really see nothing wrong with this picture.  Zero smothering.  Cute Izzy with baby bro, who has that look babies get.  Of all the things and pics to choose fron shenanigans wise, this does not ping my radar.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

I didn’t realize there were 3 pictures. The first picture was cute-ish but the second picture is the smothering looking one. 

Oh yes!  I missed the 2nd one too until you said.  Carry on @nst!  Eeek.

Jill doesn't explain what's going on In her pictures. I remember the screaming swaddled Izzy, with no explanation. There were pictures of him with bruises. I can't figure out what she's trying to achieve sometimes. Love the third picture of the hats, though. The knitter in me is trying to figure the pattern.

I really don't get all of this sympathy for Jill. She was/is just s smug as Josh and Derick and probably fully agrees and supports Dericks actions. When people criticize Derick's tweets, she raves about his love for Jesus. When people say they have no chemistry in the kiss picture, they tweet at each other how PERFECT they are together. Don't be fooled, Jill is probably his biggest cheerleader. 

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jill doesn't explain what's going on In her pictures. I remember the screaming swaddled Izzy, with no explanation. There were pictures of him with bruises. I can't figure out what she's trying to achieve sometimes. Love the third picture of the hats, though. The knitter in me is trying to figure the pattern.

Jill is clueless about social media it seems.  Is she trying to prove it's real, hands on parenting and everything is peachy keen? I'm not buying it. 

1 hour ago, crazysnark said:

I really don't get all of this sympathy for Jill. She was/is just s smug as Josh and Derick and probably fully agrees and supports Dericks actions. When people criticize Derick's tweets, she raves about his love for Jesus. When people say they have no chemistry in the kiss picture, they tweet at each other how PERFECT they are together. Don't be fooled, Jill is probably his biggest cheerleader. 

I bet she supports him in everything. I can't help but feel a bit sorry for her. I think she's way in over her head. She is stuck with Derick as a husband, I dare say that's not easy. 

Someone earlier asked what JB thought but I didn’t hit the post to quote and too lazy to try to find it. My guess is JB is none to happy.  All the other married couples either JB has kept them in a house or the husband came with a house. The exception was JinJer but they are in a house now. Jill went from the McMansion to the pool house to what appears to be an apartment. I’m going to guess is JB took away the housing “allowance” he’s given the others. 

8 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but where does Jill and Dwreck live? They used to live in the big house, they went abroad, and where do they live now?

they live in the little room that Ben "lived" in - why you ask because Derick is worse then Ben when Ben was going on and on about coffins 

I feel like her support for Derick is partial. His beliefs and ministry, yes; his tweeting and lack of providing, less so. She's probably praying a lot to have faith and support in him. It's likely confusing bc I bet he tells her she should joyfully 'sacrifice' to support his ministry of saving souls blahblah and not be concerned about 2 kids, no paycheque and no savings. She probably thinks he's right and something's wrong with her for wanting stability. 

2 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

I feel like her support for Derick is partial. His beliefs and ministry, yes; his tweeting and lack of providing, less so. She's probably praying a lot to have faith and support in him. It's likely confusing bc I bet he tells her she should joyfully 'sacrifice' to support his ministry of saving souls blahblah and not be concerned about 2 kids, no paycheque and no savings. She probably thinks he's right and something's wrong with her for wanting stability. 

If she only partially supported him, I would be somewhat relieved about it. I just hope he doesn't make her feel bad. I admit Jill was the daughter who used to annoy me, but she and anyone deserves better than Derick.  I couldn't dream of being friends with Derick, let alone married to him, because he does come across as extremely hateful and bitter, even gong by his Tweets. It makes me sad they have the kind of marriage they do. 

I think especially in this case it's important to make the differential that you can support someone but not be happy about their decisions or the outcome of said decisions. 

Jill can simultaneously support Dwrecks terrible judgement while being unhappy that it has resulted in the split from the show. 

She can also support his views while being unhappy that he couldn't balance them with their relationship with the network. 

2 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I think especially in this case it's important to make the differential that you can support someone but not be happy about their decisions or the outcome of said decisions. 

Jill can simultaneously support Dwrecks terrible judgement while being unhappy that it has resulted in the split from the show. 

She can also support his views while being unhappy that he couldn't balance them with their relationship with the network. 

I hope one day Jill can stand up for herself, make her own choices, instead of having to follow her husband's views. We may never know how she really feels about many things because of 'keep sweet' and obey Derick. Is she sad about Derick no longer on the show? Is she relieved about it? :2wankers:

6 hours ago, Dogalog said:

I feel like the hats would be somewhat dangerous for an infant that can't pull it off their face if it gets twisted around.

It's knitted - not solid plastic! 

15 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think the #smotheredwithkisses is Jill's attempt to explain what we see in the second picture. But it just doesn't work. In my eyes, Jill just is not social media savvy AT ALL. Which, you know, is fine for a regular person, but is pretty unfortunate when you have 1.6 million Instagram followers and your income depends on it. I'd say it doesn't matter so much any more now that they're off the show, but you know they still need to keep their fans happy since their next grifting scheme is right around the corner.

The thing for me is that if there are a lot of hashtags or super long hashtags, I won't read them. Jill is trying so hard to be good at the instagram thing, it's just not working for her. She doesn't have the same touch as Jessa. Add in that Derick is her husband and he keeps showing his hate, doesn't help her. 

Izzy and Sam being super cute will not save the Dillard image. Derick is going to need to get a real job. 

Derick just retweeted this from someone in the music ministry of Cross Church. I’m sure Jim Bob agrees with this sentiment. 

15 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

I agree, I think with the way the Duggar kid'ults were raised they'd feel immense amounts of guilt for being worried about finances, feeding her sons, etc. After allc when they were living off rice in a small home they prayed, and Gd provided them with TLC. If your kids are hungry, just pray harder and believe.

1 hour ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Derick just retweeted this from someone in the music ministry of Cross Church. I’m sure Jim Bob agrees with this sentiment. 

This reminds me of how fundies are always talking about resisting Satan and not letting yourself be tempted by sin. There's a lot of "don't listen to your own desires and ambitions, listen to the LORD'S!!" sentiment in that community, like you constantly have to guard yourself from evil to the point of ignoring your own happiness/interests. It makes me wonder...do fundies go around constantly being tempted to leave unhappy marriages/have premarital sex/come out as LGBT/use birth control/get a career or education/explore other faiths/etc and are only kept in line by the threat of a vengeful deity......? That sounds like such a sad existence.

I saw this post on Facebook the other day where a super-Christian woman ranted about how if you meet a man who you connect with better than your husband/who is nicer to you than your husband/who you look forward to seeing more than your husband, it is Satan tempting you and you need to bow to your husband's authority, because obedience is more important than selfish desires. My thought is, uhh, if you're unhappy with your husband and are routinely meeting men who you think are so much greater than him, you're probably married to the wrong person and should do everyone involved a favor and find a better match. :my_rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

The thing for me is that if there are a lot of hashtags or super long hashtags, I won't read them. Jill is trying so hard to be good at the instagram thing, it's just not working for her. She doesn't have the same touch as Jessa. Add in that Derick is her husband and he keeps showing his hate, doesn't help her. 

yes too many hashtags drive me nuts.  Bobbie burgers a local artist does this.  I am more three hashtags and done kind of girl.  Jill is insane with her hashtags.  Just be clear and to the point. 

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Thank you, thank you, and a free pattern no less. I am in your debt, @karen77

:my_sad: I don't knit....I crochet. Looked last night for a similar crochet pattern. Couldn't find one. I'm sad. 

• samurai_sarah pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived