IGNORED

Dillards 47: Tweeting Twit

samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, Icea said:

That and proper shoes. (Though I guess it's too cold in Arkansas to wear flipflops in December, but still)

I know people still wearing flip flops. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The projected high today for Fayetteville AR is 65 degrees. Warm enough for flipflops if one felt like wearing them. 

Where I am currently in the Midwest? 29 chilly degrees with a high of 37. I wore flipflops to the store last night because the ground was dry and I didn't feel like searching 10 minutes for my sneakers. But then I'm kinda crazy anyway!

Mr. Luna’s childhood NN was the Spanish word for sandals because he wears flip-flops 24/7- 365.  Granted we live in a desert so we only get to 40F at night, 70’s-60’s in the day.  He dose however have really expensive hiking shoes he wears to hike and running shoes for running.  My big thing with the Duggars is appropriate foot where for activists, like them hiking in dollar flip flops.

I was thinking D'werk really changed substantially after his botched face breaking. Not that he didn't have all these awful horrible ideas before, but he wasn't projecting hastily in anger either on social media.  His outbursts remind me of my know it all cousin who got hooked on painkillers in his early 20's acted. He had tantrums and acted out just like D'werk.

This is weird, why is he advertising the show if they cut ties?

Also the manchild needs to stop quoting the Bible/proverbs. Someone always pulls another one out to show him what a failure he is. But then he's not smart enough to get it.

Derdick, PROVIDE FOR YOUR HOUSEHOLD!!

I wonder if Boob feels any remorse whatsoever for picking out such a crappy headship for his darling Jilly. She's always struck me as being kind of a smug asshole, but no one deserves to be married to Dwreck.

Derick wishing people a happy HOLIDAY and randomly advertising for the show he's no longer on? Am I on drugs??

17 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I was thinking D'werk really changed substantially after his botched face breaking. Not that he didn't have all these awful horrible ideas before, but he wasn't projecting hastily in anger either on social media.  His outbursts remind me of my know it all cousin who got hooked on painkillers in his early 20's acted. He had tantrums and acted out just like D'werk.

I have thought this since the second round of Scary America, actually.  A LOT of Derick's changes remind me of opioid addiction.  People have this idea that only recreational users get addicted, but the truth is that many people start out with a very necessary prescription...and then get hooked.  Habit forming substances are no less dangerous just because they come with a signature.  

10 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

He almost certainly gets residuals for any re-airs or online stream of the show.  Next to nothing, sure, but it's likely he does get a check.  My friend was in the industry for a time, and he still gets checks for the work he did when it re-airs or gets streamed.  The checks are a bit of a joke, but they still come in!

He also might be finally feeling the pinch.  No TLC/JB for support.  It's clear that his INITIAL plan of using crowd funding wont work out.  So maybe he's attempting to mend fences with JB to ward of getting the inevitable and totally terrible J-O-B.

Do we know for a fact that D'wreck has no income-producing employment, such as a part-time or seasonal job doing taxes or substitute teaching?  He seems to imply at times in his twitterings that he is a gainfully employed, income-producing citizen.  Having some form of income doesn't  preclude D'wreck from grifting for the missionary work he plans to do.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Derick wishing people a happy HOLIDAY and randomly advertising for the show he's no longer on? Am I on drugs??

My favorite part is that his phrasing makes it sound like December 20th is some sort of holiday itself.  Maybe this is just where I come from, but if you're referring to the holiday season you generally say "holidays".  If you say "Hope you are having a great holiday!" it implies that you are currently expected to be enjoying a holiday.  Now, Derick probably doesn't know this, but to most of us with jobs, December 20th is a work day.  

So my first response to his tweet was "WHAT holiday am I supposed to be having? Can I go home now?"

Maybe he posted "holiday" because all the Duggar kids are out of school for Christmas break? Anybody know when the Tontitown Public Schools get out? Oh. Wait.

2 hours ago, General Jinjur said:

I wonder if Boob feels any remorse whatsoever for picking out such a crappy headship for his darling Jilly. She's always struck me as being kind of a smug asshole, but no one deserves to be married to Dwreck.

I think him and Josh would make a pretty deserving couple actually. And then Anna and Jill can raise their children together in peace. 

4 hours ago, General Jinjur said:

I very much doubt it,  they forgave and let Josh live with them after what happened,  their standers for young men are pretty low.  Plus don’t they believe that G-d put them together, so therefor to have regrets would be to doubt G-d?  More likely they see it as a test in ‘this season of life’, or G-d’s way of teaching Jill humility or whatever. I feel like I’m not expressing myself well, I am tired at the moment.  

6 hours ago, Drala said:

Do we know for a fact that D'wreck has no income-producing employment, such as a part-time or seasonal job doing taxes or substitute teaching?  He seems to imply at times in his twitterings that he is a gainfully employed, income-producing citizen.  Having some form of income doesn't  preclude D'wreck from grifting for the missionary work he plans to do.

I just can't believe that he does. With all the shit people say to him on Twitter, he could easily say, "Look guys. I have a regular 9-5, Monday-Friday job. It's none of your business where I'm employed full time, but I am."

But he's never said anything like that. He's intentionally vague every time he mentions employment and it seems obvious to me why that it is...

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Also the manchild needs to stop quoting the Bible/proverbs. Someone always pulls another one out to show him what a failure he is. But then he's not smart enough to get it.

I wonder if TLC is forcing him to fulfill his contract. There may be a “x amount of social mentions” and it is either do the posts or pay back the contract. 

7 hours ago, Drala said:

Derick is too prideful to keep that to himself. If he was making money he would rub it in everyone's face.

I'm surprised that TLC would even want Derick advertising for them seeing as he's a piece of crap person and all...

12 hours ago, singsingsing said:

No...but is he on something besides his inflated sense of self? He must be missing the dollar signs.  :ARGENT:

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I'm surprised that TLC would even want Derick advertising for them seeing as he's a piece of crap person and all...

I dunno. TLC has sunk low before after all. 

Maybe Derick is trying for a spin off. :pb_lol:

I'm new here but I feel like I know so many of you.  I certainly have some favorites and one least-favorite (hahaha...kidding...? kidding!) I've been lurking LITERALLY SINCE ROKU (kidding again...only about six years) and still will probably retreat back into lurkdom because I just don't know if I'm committed to posting. You guys do an excellent job already.

I do want to offer my take on Derick because it's not one that has been discussed yet.  Disclaimer: this is only my speculation and could be far from valid.

Derick reached out to Jim Bob a long time ago as an average college-attending Christian who was seeking prayer.  Was he also seeking attention from a reality TV father on a show he enjoyed?  I think so.  Was he looking to fill some type of void left just a couple of years earlier by the passing of his own dad?  I think so.  Did he think it was cool in a "six degrees" kind of way that he happened to grow up near this "famous" mega-fam?  I think so.  He did a little digging to find their phone numbers or email addresses, asked Jim Bob to pray for his mission work, and got lucky enough to receive a response to his fan mail.  And so begins the prayer partnership.

Meanwhile, Jessa, the third daughter and fifth child enters into a courtship with a kid.  (I can't even call him a young man...he was a kid at the time.)  Not only was Jill, the golden child and show spokesperson a little jealous, but I personally think Jim Bob felt she "deserved" to be married before Jessa the "wild child."  Derick was older and fit the profile well enough, and so began the matchmaking.  (Side note: we also know about her "boy crazy" phase and I'm sure that was magnified when Jessa brought home such a handsome guy. :2wankers:)

Derick and Jill marry.  They seemed to have a really cute little relationship going at first and I know plenty of people here had high hopes for them.  Yes, some wanted Derick to help Jill escape, but even the fact that he was gainfully employed and college educated was enough for some of us.  The fact that they both shared a vision of overseas mission work was noted as well.  Along came Israel and :omg: along came Josh's bad publicity.  Suddenly Derick was Jim Bob's guy (in his own mind).  He was a married adult (Ben was still really a kid and I think Derick and Jim Bob had regarded him as such) and he was married to the favorite daughter and also the parent of the only other grandchild besides Josh's.  Derick went from being a random fan of the show to probably feeling like he had to carry the weight of the family's public image largely on his own.  (Note: I don't know this to be true, nor do I think it was realistic for him to think this if it was true, but I think to a large degree Derick was still pinching himself wondering how the hell he lucked into becoming Jim Bob's son-in-law and a cast member of his favorite TV show.  It wouldn't surprise me if it became his mission to prove to Jim Bob that he could be a better husband than Josh had been, despite the fact that he never REALLY thought he was worthy to be in the family.  He was college-educated and probably public schooled before that.  He likely had girlfriends as a teen.  He had a stepfather.  He had one sibling.  Said sibling's GIRLFRIEND wore PANTS and they dated for MONTHS or even YEARS and probably HELD HANDS the entire time!!! Gee, Wally!!!!)  I think THIS was the start of Derick's radical shift in behavior.  He was living and dying to please his father-in-law and to stand in stark contrast to Josh.  Ironically, Jim Bob had not only found him to be worthy of joining the family, but worthy of taking on the favorite daughter.  Ben, by contrast, was very much adopted into Jim Bob's headship.  Jim Bob employed him and kind of took on another son to raise in that situation.  Jim Bob probably already preferred Derick over Josh and Ben at the time. 

He left his job at Wal-Mart.  (Jim Bob and the IBLP crowd never condone working for "the man.")  He dragged his wife and baby to the foreign mission field.  (The Lord will provide, I shall fear not, all that kind of stuff.)  He decided to fix his dental issue.  (Jim Bob has said more than once that it was important that all of their children have pretty smiles and music lessons...did Derick ever decide to pick up an instrument by chance?) I wonder if the long hair was to show he'd never have Josh's receding hairline. (:handsex:)

As Derick has fallen further and further into the blackhole of weirdness that he didn't grow up understanding and still really does not understand, he has far surpassed the Duggars in it, in my opinion.  Jim Bob chooses pieces of the fundy pie to emphasize, like courting, having infinite children, and skirts only.  Derick seems to have made it his mission to embrace much, much more than these things that the Duggars easily describe as being surface-level ("We PREFER skirts but it's not necessarily biblical.  We TRUST God in the area of children, but others trust in other ways and areas.  Standards of courtship are specific to each couple and there are no hard and fast rules.")  Derick has taken a more fire-and-brimstone approach, which is why he comes across as more hateful than the rest.  No doubt Jim Bob also disagrees with Jazz and her family, but his "conviction" is to wear pants and court.  Derick's conviction seems to be enforcing the laws of Christianity on everyone on Earth, which I personally think is because Jim Bob's surface-level/not-necessarily-biblical approach didn't stop Josh from committing his horrifically UNBIBLICAL sins in such a public fashion.  Derick must surely have thought his little boys would never cheat on their wives because they would have been raised not only to court and have infinite babies, but also to WATCH EVERY LITTLE STEP YOU TAKE OR YOU'LL SLIP DIRECTLY INTO HELL WITH UNCLE JOSH!!!!!!  (For the record, I think Derick has "forgiven" Josh but I'm sure he keeps him at an arm's length.  They hardly knew each other at all before the scandal broke and ruined Derick's picture of joining the perfect fundy family.)  I also think Derick's efforts to espouse not only his own strict fire-and-brimstone beliefs but also his surface-level appearances have worn him down a little bit.  He may have even seen the light (with Jeremy, perhaps?  An actual PASTOR with a past similar to Derick's who didn't knock up his wife within days of marrying and who is STILL WORTHY OF JIM-BOB'S APPROVAL?!?!)  Derick must be exhausted from falling head-first out of a regular Christian lifestyle and into famous fundidom.  (Think about it.  If he was even REMOTELY as extreme as the Duggars before he met them, wouldn't he have at least attended a Christian college?  "Christian guys" like the one Derick used to be are a dime a dozen, and not in a negative way.  I'm sure we all know or have known young Christian guys who lead normal lives, discover Christ, perhaps after an event such as the death of a parent, and then go on to desire Christ even more.  Derick was an accounting major, for Pistol Pete's sake.  His plan at 19 was to finish college and be an average church-attending accountant, not a fundamentalist or a legalist.)

All that being said, Derick has gotten a little too extreme for TLC, but I'm sure he and his FIL are still perfectly chummy.  Jim Bob DOES NOT think Derick's convictions are wrong, he just knows better than to publicly claim them as his own while cashing in on a TV show.  Jim Bob likely sees Derick as some type of martyr AND I personally think Derick is still going to receive a cut of the TLC paycheck.  His spouting off ugly and unpopular truths is a tough job but someone has to do it. :crazy:  How lucky they all are to have Derick willing to be the martyr so they can all continue to reap the benefits of the TV show.

Like others have said, I don't think the "firing" (and I'll take Derick's side on this one...that's a weird word to use for a television cast member.  Actors get "written off" their shows but Derick and Farrah Abraham have been "fired?"  By whom?  Aren't they just living their real lives and happen to have a film crew around?) had anything to do with Jazz or Twitter.  He did seize the opportunity though, and the timing worked out enough to confuse us.  Same with Jill's cryptic post-partum tweets. It dawned on me several weeks ago she was probably mourning the loss of her role in the show, not mourning the c-section or whatever medical advice she was given as a result.

Now onto Jill and her pants and nose piercing: call me crazy but I think this is not only Derick-approved, but Derick's decision.  "We don't have TLC anymore to dictate how we have to present to the public, let's make an about-face!  AHA!!  Take that!"  (News flash, honey: TLC doesn't care.)  Another suspicion I have is that maybe Jill HAS been told, either by medical professionals or by her husband, that they WON'T be having infinite kids (hey, it's working for Jeremy so far and Jim Bob still keeps him around...I'm tellin' ya, Derick is all about being Jim Bob's pet) and so it's easier to mask that decision in other seemingly extreme decisions.  "Everything about us is different.  We wear pants, have piercings and henna, AND we aren't having eleventy kids!"  Don't be surprised if we see the Dillard boys being "schooled" in some type of church-provided daycare program pretty soon so Jill can run off in her pants to Magnolia Farms or whatever it's called with her other regular-Christian-girl-friends.  I think Jinger's relative freedom has been a real wake-up call to several of these married Duggars who may now be regretting the choices they have claimed as their own but were actually made in light of being in the public eye.

In summary, we still don't really know who Derick is.  I don't think Derick really knows who Derick is.  Is he that average Christian guy he always was before Duggars came into his life?  Is he an extreme legalist who doesn't care about conforming and is willing to lose everything in public reckless abandonment to his Lord and Savior?  Is he still that young guy who got lucky and is willing to do anything to keep Jim Bob pleased with him?  I can't venture a guess just yet.

Sorry this is so long.  I just have a lot of feelings.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=3546500

Oh you people.  Derick is employed full time in the incredibly important profession of SAVING SOULS! Catholics are in danger! Oh, and vote for Roy Moore, it's not over until it's over!

I think he's just a wanker but it actually wouldn't surprise me if Jill's pants and nose ring were encouraged by him for attention.

Derik reminds me of “Brother” Micah Armstrong. If you are a recent college graduate you may have even had the “honor” of hearing him scream at you on campus. He preached on my campus one day. He seemed to feed off the anger and negative reactions of the students. 

2 hours ago, Pete Pickles said:

I'm new here but I feel like I know so many of you.  I certainly have some favorites and one least-favorite (hahaha...kidding...? kidding!) I've been lurking LITERALLY SINCE ROKU (kidding again...only about six years) and still will probably retreat back into lurkdom because I just don't know if I'm committed to posting. You guys do an excellent job already.

I do want to offer my take on Derick because it's not one that has been discussed yet.  Disclaimer: this is only my speculation and could be far from valid.

Derick reached out to Jim Bob a long time ago as an average college-attending Christian who was seeking prayer.  Was he also seeking attention from a reality TV father on a show he enjoyed?  I think so.  Was he looking to fill some type of void left just a couple of years earlier by the passing of his own dad?  I think so.  Did he think it was cool in a "six degrees" kind of way that he happened to grow up near this "famous" mega-fam?  I think so.  He did a little digging to find their phone numbers or email addresses, asked Jim Bob to pray for his mission work, and got lucky enough to receive a response to his fan mail.  And so begins the prayer partnership.

Meanwhile, Jessa, the third daughter and fifth child enters into a courtship with a kid.  (I can't even call him a young man...he was a kid at the time.)  Not only was Jill, the golden child and show spokesperson a little jealous, but I personally think Jim Bob felt she "deserved" to be married before Jessa the "wild child."  Derick was older and fit the profile well enough, and so began the matchmaking.  (Side note: we also know about her "boy crazy" phase and I'm sure that was magnified when Jessa brought home such a handsome guy. :2wankers:)

Derick and Jill marry.  They seemed to have a really cute little relationship going at first and I know plenty of people here had high hopes for them.  Yes, some wanted Derick to help Jill escape, but even the fact that he was gainfully employed and college educated was enough for some of us.  The fact that they both shared a vision of overseas mission work was noted as well.  Along came Israel and :omg: along came Josh's bad publicity.  Suddenly Derick was Jim Bob's guy (in his own mind).  He was a married adult (Ben was still really a kid and I think Derick and Jim Bob had regarded him as such) and he was married to the favorite daughter and also the parent of the only other grandchild besides Josh's.  Derick went from being a random fan of the show to probably feeling like he had to carry the weight of the family's public image largely on his own.  (Note: I don't know this to be true, nor do I think it was realistic for him to think this if it was true, but I think to a large degree Derick was still pinching himself wondering how the hell he lucked into becoming Jim Bob's son-in-law and a cast member of his favorite TV show.  It wouldn't surprise me if it became his mission to prove to Jim Bob that he could be a better husband than Josh had been, despite the fact that he never REALLY thought he was worthy to be in the family.  He was college-educated and probably public schooled before that.  He likely had girlfriends as a teen.  He had a stepfather.  He had one sibling.  Said sibling's GIRLFRIEND wore PANTS and they dated for MONTHS or even YEARS and probably HELD HANDS the entire time!!! Gee, Wally!!!!)  I think THIS was the start of Derick's radical shift in behavior.  He was living and dying to please his father-in-law and to stand in stark contrast to Josh.  Ironically, Jim Bob had not only found him to be worthy of joining the family, but worthy of taking on the favorite daughter.  Ben, by contrast, was very much adopted into Jim Bob's headship.  Jim Bob employed him and kind of took on another son to raise in that situation.  Jim Bob probably already preferred Derick over Josh and Ben at the time. 

He left his job at Wal-Mart.  (Jim Bob and the IBLP crowd never condone working for "the man.")  He dragged his wife and baby to the foreign mission field.  (The Lord will provide, I shall fear not, all that kind of stuff.)  He decided to fix his dental issue.  (Jim Bob has said more than once that it was important that all of their children have pretty smiles and music lessons...did Derick ever decide to pick up an instrument by chance?) I wonder if the long hair was to show he'd never have Josh's receding hairline. (:handsex:)

As Derick has fallen further and further into the blackhole of weirdness that he didn't grow up understanding and still really does not understand, he has far surpassed the Duggars in it, in my opinion.  Jim Bob chooses pieces of the fundy pie to emphasize, like courting, having infinite children, and skirts only.  Derick seems to have made it his mission to embrace much, much more than these things that the Duggars easily describe as being surface-level ("We PREFER skirts but it's not necessarily biblical.  We TRUST God in the area of children, but others trust in other ways and areas.  Standards of courtship are specific to each couple and there are no hard and fast rules.")  Derick has taken a more fire-and-brimstone approach, which is why he comes across as more hateful than the rest.  No doubt Jim Bob also disagrees with Jazz and her family, but his "conviction" is to wear pants and court.  Derick's conviction seems to be enforcing the laws of Christianity on everyone on Earth, which I personally think is because Jim Bob's surface-level/not-necessarily-biblical approach didn't stop Josh from committing his horrifically UNBIBLICAL sins in such a public fashion.  Derick must surely have thought his little boys would never cheat on their wives because they would have been raised not only to court and have infinite babies, but also to WATCH EVERY LITTLE STEP YOU TAKE OR YOU'LL SLIP DIRECTLY INTO HELL WITH UNCLE JOSH!!!!!!  (For the record, I think Derick has "forgiven" Josh but I'm sure he keeps him at an arm's length.  They hardly knew each other at all before the scandal broke and ruined Derick's picture of joining the perfect fundy family.)  I also think Derick's efforts to espouse not only his own strict fire-and-brimstone beliefs but also his surface-level appearances have worn him down a little bit.  He may have even seen the light (with Jeremy, perhaps?  An actual PASTOR with a past similar to Derick's who didn't knock up his wife within days of marrying and who is STILL WORTHY OF JIM-BOB'S APPROVAL?!?!)  Derick must be exhausted from falling head-first out of a regular Christian lifestyle and into famous fundidom.  (Think about it.  If he was even REMOTELY as extreme as the Duggars before he met them, wouldn't he have at least attended a Christian college?  "Christian guys" like the one Derick used to be are a dime a dozen, and not in a negative way.  I'm sure we all know or have known young Christian guys who lead normal lives, discover Christ, perhaps after an event such as the death of a parent, and then go on to desire Christ even more.  Derick was an accounting major, for Pistol Pete's sake.  His plan at 19 was to finish college and be an average church-attending accountant, not a fundamentalist or a legalist.)

All that being said, Derick has gotten a little too extreme for TLC, but I'm sure he and his FIL are still perfectly chummy.  Jim Bob DOES NOT think Derick's convictions are wrong, he just knows better than to publicly claim them as his own while cashing in on a TV show.  Jim Bob likely sees Derick as some type of martyr AND I personally think Derick is still going to receive a cut of the TLC paycheck.  His spouting off ugly and unpopular truths is a tough job but someone has to do it. :crazy:  How lucky they all are to have Derick willing to be the martyr so they can all continue to reap the benefits of the TV show.

Like others have said, I don't think the "firing" (and I'll take Derick's side on this one...that's a weird word to use for a television cast member.  Actors get "written off" their shows but Derick and Farrah Abraham have been "fired?"  By whom?  Aren't they just living their real lives and happen to have a film crew around?) had anything to do with Jazz or Twitter.  He did seize the opportunity though, and the timing worked out enough to confuse us.  Same with Jill's cryptic post-partum tweets. It dawned on me several weeks ago she was probably mourning the loss of her role in the show, not mourning the c-section or whatever medical advice she was given as a result.

Now onto Jill and her pants and nose piercing: call me crazy but I think this is not only Derick-approved, but Derick's decision.  "We don't have TLC anymore to dictate how we have to present to the public, let's make an about-face!  AHA!!  Take that!"  (News flash, honey: TLC doesn't care.)  Another suspicion I have is that maybe Jill HAS been told, either by medical professionals or by her husband, that they WON'T be having infinite kids (hey, it's working for Jeremy so far and Jim Bob still keeps him around...I'm tellin' ya, Derick is all about being Jim Bob's pet) and so it's easier to mask that decision in other seemingly extreme decisions.  "Everything about us is different.  We wear pants, have piercings and henna, AND we aren't having eleventy kids!"  Don't be surprised if we see the Dillard boys being "schooled" in some type of church-provided daycare program pretty soon so Jill can run off in her pants to Magnolia Farms or whatever it's called with her other regular-Christian-girl-friends.  I think Jinger's relative freedom has been a real wake-up call to several of these married Duggars who may now be regretting the choices they have claimed as their own but were actually made in light of being in the public eye.

In summary, we still don't really know who Derick is.  I don't think Derick really knows who Derick is.  Is he that average Christian guy he always was before Duggars came into his life?  Is he an extreme legalist who doesn't care about conforming and is willing to lose everything in public reckless abandonment to his Lord and Savior?  Is he still that young guy who got lucky and is willing to do anything to keep Jim Bob pleased with him?  I can't venture a guess just yet.

Sorry this is so long.  I just have a lot of feelings.tenor.gif?itemid=3546500

Just a note or two -

1. Jill and Derick were already getting to know each other when Jessa’s courtship was announced in early September 2013. It’s possible jealousy was a motivating factor, but it also could have simply been a coincidence. Both Jill and Jessa were at an age where many fundie women start to court and marry - with so many kids there’s bound to be some overlapping at times. 

2. I know this was more of a jokey aside, but Derick plays (or used to play) trumpet. The most recent post about it was a photo of Sam playing with a toy trumpet and they referred to him as a fourth generation trumpeter. 

Other than that, your post is certainly plausible and I greatly enjoyed the Mean Girls reference at the end. :pb_lol: 

3 hours ago, Pete Pickles said:

I certainly have some favorites and one least-favorite (hahaha...kidding...? kidding!)

It's me, isn't it? Just tell me. I can take it. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, Pete Pickles said:

Derick was an accounting major, for Pistol Pete's sake.

This gave me the biggest laugh I've had in a while. "For Pistol Pete's sake" - I love it! I'm going to use that in the future.

I thought your whole post was pretty insightful. Like you say, we don't know Derick, and I agree that Derick maybe/probably doesn't even know Derick. But I thought your theory about so much of what Derick has said and done revolving around pleasing Jim Bob, and possibly an inferiority complex about not being good/special/holy enough for the Duggars, definitely sounds plausible.

• samurai_sarah pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived