IGNORED

Dillards 47: Tweeting Twit

samurai_sarah

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

:my_sad: I don't knit....I crochet. Looked last night for a similar crochet pattern. Couldn't find one. I'm sad. 

Hi fellow crocheter! :my_smile:

I've been taught to knit 298742985628734612873469173659873659845924835 times. And I forget every.single.time.

Crochet is my jam. :) 

Do you crocheters have some fave simple pattern ideas for me as I am trying to get going with it but get discouraged or something.

Any advice appreciated!!

4 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Do you crocheters have some fave simple pattern ideas for me as I am trying to get going with it but get discouraged or something.

Any advice appreciated!!

I learned to crochet from this site.  http://thecrochetcrowd.com/v They have lots of patterns to brows through. 

7 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Any advice appreciated!!

YOUTUBE!!!!

That's how I learned all the more "complicated" stitches. :) 

I have attempted to knit, sew and crochet and can't do it I am thinking of going to class to see if an expert can teach me. I would love to be able to do it.

Jill never annoyed me that much on the shows, I do have a degree of sympathy for her and how things have turned out for her in the past two years. She got married to someone with a good job and was lucky to fall pregnant quickly then her labour goes badly and she has to have a section, Josh is exposed as a child molester and she is revealed as a victim, her and Jessa defend him, probably because they feel they should show they have forgiven him, Ashley Madison happens. Derick quits or is fired from Walmart and they go to central America and she doesn't adjust well and after their return Derick shows himself to be an  ass online costing them their regular TLC income. Jill was the one who always obeyed her parents thinking she would be rewarded for being godly and she is the one who has the worst husband. Derick should value his wife and sons more. 

Off topic --sort of, but then again it's about the Dillards--and don't know where else to post, but like this joke my minister told today

Somebody went to heaven and when they got there it was totally beautiful, huge, glorious scenery, wonderful beautiful place and all the people there were having a wonderful time together--the Catholics and the Protestants, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Sufis, Bhuddists, pagans, animists--all the peoples of the world were there and having a wonderful time together.
And then the person noticed a little door off to the left. What is that?

Oh, that's for the fundamentalists. It's only heaven for them if they think they are the only people there.

On 12/16/2017 at 12:04 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Jill and her strange children photos...at least add a funny/explainatory captions. "No, Izzy isn't taking Sam prisoner, he's just still learning how to be gentle with his baby brother! I love seeing their bond and can't wait to see it grow."

I guess I'm missing something. Izzy has ONE arm on one side of Sam and his other arm is in back kinda supporting him. He is a baby that is not totally sitting up straight, yet. The first comment about it sounded like Izzy had him in a choke hold, but nope. People all over the world take pictures of older siblings straddling a younger babe to take a picture, come on guys. It really is no big deal. Find something else to snark on. 

3 minutes ago, sansan said:

I guess I'm missing something. Izzy has ONE arm on one side of Sam and his other arm is in back kinda supporting him. He is a baby that is not totally sitting up straight, yet. The first comment about it sounded like Izzy had him in a choke hold, but nope. People all over the world take pictures of older siblings straddling a younger babe to take a picture, come on guys. It really is no big deal. Find something else to snark on. 

Pretty sure you're not looking at the picture everyone is talking about.

Izzy.jpg

She really does post the most bizarre pictures of her children. If I didn't know any better I'd think she was doing it on purpose, because how could anyone look at some of these and think, "Oh, that's cute, I must post this on Instagram"? But what would the purpose be? She must just be completely clueless. Which is almost weirder. Because how could you look at these photos and not realize that they're really bad photos where your babies look like they're suffering/terrified/in danger, regardless of what's actually happening? Just bizarre.

Oh, I had not seen that pic.  Damn, Jill.  She really has no social media sense whatsoever.  How did she select THAT as a "cute" pic of her kids??  How can she not understand how weird these all look to people? Is she accustomed to some kind of Duggar humor, where tortured or distressed babies/kids are entertaining? I mean, it's probably completely normal; I've seen kids do weird things to their siblings without fatalities. But damn.  She's not sharing picture fails with Grandma; she's posting these for the world to see. 

Maybe she didn't see anything wrong with Josie's diaper blow-out being shared worldwide, either.  But it's hard to tell how she would be so clueless.  Was it because she had a position of relative power in the Duggar household and therefore spared some of the jeering and teasing that normally helps toughen our skin and provide us with other people's perspectives? She's so consistently off with her social media...so is Derick, but I think he chooses to be a jackass.  I don't think this is her choosing to troll; I think she just doesn't get something very basic that almost everyone else sees. 

Looks almost like Sam was being fussy or loudly protesting and Izzy stuck his hand over his mouth to make him be quiet. But I would also think such would be a learned behavior? In any case not a pic I would share on social media.

One thing I found interesting from that article-- this portion of Derick's tweet: "For the record, I was never fired. I just felt it best for my family to cut ties months ago, as we are heading in a different direction."

So, with him saying the family is cutting ties and going in a different direction, does this mean no more Jill and the boys on Counting On, either? This is our first indication that it's maybe not just Derick who is off the show, but all four Dillards, right?

This sort of thing happens when taking pictures of very young children.  However, it usually goes like this:  cute pics, then toddler is being to rough with the baby, set camera down and correct behavior with talk #379 about how we are gentle with the baby, toddler understands, resume pics unless toddler is just done.  If toddler is done, make cookies and milk, read a story.   They are so little and all of this is fun if you are willing to roll with it and make it fun , teachable even.  Good times and I miss them!  Jill posts such awful pics.  I'll never understand.   The poster who said this could be funny and self explanatory to them considering how JimBoob is, could be spot on.  Like, "haha, look at the struggling baby,  haha".  Gross and not ok in my book.  

ETA: the fail pics are funny and we all have them!  Those are private though, not FB material.  Whip out the photo album years later fun is more like it. And, the pics were a happenstance,  not on purpose.

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Pretty sure you're not looking at the picture everyone is talking about.

Izzy.jpg

That pic makes me so uneasy. I'm shocked she posted it....and I know I shouldn't be after other pics she has posted.

No mother of the year for her. 

21 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

This sort of thing happens when taking pictures of very young children.  However, it usually goes like this:  cute pics, toddler is being to rough with the baby, set camera down and correct behavior with talk #379 about how we are gentle with the baby, toddler understands, resume pics unless toddler is just done.  If toddler is done, make cookies and milk, read a story.   They are so little and all of this is fun if you are willing to roll with it and make it fun , teachable even.  Good times and I miss them!  Jill posts such awful pics.  I'll never understand.   The poster who said this could be funny and self explanatory to them considering how JimBoob is, could be spot on.  Like, "haha, look at the struggling baby,  haha".  Gross and not ok in my book.  

ETA: the fail pics are funny and we all have them!  Those are private though, not FB material.  Whip out the photo album years later fun is more like it. And, the pics were a happenstance,  not on purpose.

I disagree to an extent. True, most of us have pictures like that. Would most of us post it publicly? I wouldn't post it. And by saying that, I mean Jill. She should know better after the picture of a very upset Izzy on the sheet from a while back.  I don't know if she's the type to think any attention for her kids is a good thing...but her choices of public pictures at times shock me. 

I cant help but wonder if the whole "going in different directions months ago" thing had something to do with Sam's birth. I dont know specifically what but that there was a disagreement about what/how Sams birth was going to be filmed or presented and one or both parties decided that the TV relationship wasnt going to work out. Then Derick felt OK to be open about his bullshit opinion on a fellow TLC star and so on because he was already done. There was something going on with that birth and they did not want it shared with the public (which is totally fine). Unfortunately I dont think Derick was actually fired for the Jazz tweets. TLC said they hadnt filmed Derick in several months and Derick said the same. Well a few months before would have been Sam's birth.  My guess is we may see very small glimpses of Jill and the boys but only in the context of what others are doing. 

Intriguing theory, @MsSaylor.  Israel's birth set off a small firestorm online.  Samuel's birth, with whatever complications, was bound to attract more attention, most of it negative.  I know I personally have been quite curious about what happened and interested in what the show would reveal...which at this point, is potentially nothing. There may quite well have been some friction there, and some questionable decisions made on the parts of many adults. 

Ultimately I agree -- Jill & co are now "extras" on the Counting On show, entirely based on DWreck's shitty headshipping. 

I think something was going on even before Sam's birth. Remember how Derick and Jill 'couldn't be there' for the season finale interview episode? It wasn't like they had some other important obligation to fulfill - they went to Silver Dollar City. So either TLC told them not to show up, or the Dillards basically said 'screw you' to TLC. I wonder if Derick started demanding a raise and TLC refused or something.

@Sky with diamonds. That was my exact sentiment as stated above.  Private and accidental.  And, many of Jill's choice in pictures freak me out.  That one you mentioned, of a very upset way to old to be swaddled Izzy still upsets me. Why was he bundled like that?  Why did she take a picture and post it?  WHY???!!!!

Just now, Beermeet said:

@Sky with diamonds. That was my exact sentiment as stated above.  Private and accidental.  And, many of Jill's choice in pictures freak me out.  That one you mentioned, of a very upset way to old to be swaddled Izzy still upsets me. Why was he bundled like that?  Why did she take a picture and post it?  WHY???!!!!

Exactly! What is going through her mind when she posts these pictures? It's not the fact that the kids are crying or upset or scared, that could all be explained away by whatever the circumstance was. But Jill never explains the circumstance. Not only does she view the situation, think it's a cute photo op, take the photo, and share it with her thousands of followers on social media, she never offers any explanation whatsoever. Does she think it's cute, funny, interesting? Apparently no one will ever know. She can't possibly realize that this makes her look at best boneheaded, at worst sadistic, right?

• samurai_sarah pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived