IGNORED

Lori Alexander 35: Closing Windows Because of the Fires

On December 22, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Sarah92 said:

Does she even have permission from the author to pull that crap?

Let's face it, Lori is super special and she doesn't need permission.  She has God on her side.  Just ask her, she'll tell you!

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CelticGoddess said:

Let's face it, Lori is super special and she doesn't need permission.  She has God on her side.  Just ask her, she'll tell you!

According to Lori, she and God are one! She is his direct mouthpiece.

13 hours ago, Frog99 said:

The women at the higher end of that bracket worked- they weren’t keepers at home- and interestingly enough, their mothers worked. They all seem to appreciate that fact- certainly there’s no maladjustment or feelings of abandonment. 

These calls for women to be keepers at home never seem to factor in that families' situations are individual, or that having a SAHM can cause issues for a household (along with providing benefits) and vice versa. The concerns are handwaved away with statements about being contented with less and making sacrifices of material wealth for the good of the family, which I'm sure is the case for many people. However, it's not some binary choice between a career and a family: choosing to prioritize one doesn't guarantee its success, or the other choice's failure.

Having benefits from a job is for the good of the family. Seriously it would be nice to be able to go to a doctor and not have to pay out of pocket because deductibles are so high. I hate the American health care system. So if a woman has a job with healthcare and the husband doesn't, why insist on making HER leave "for the good of the family". 

On a side note: she made that post about houses sitting empty.  I've heard mention on here that their house has five bedrooms. Doesn't it stand to reason that she and Ken should move so that they have smaller bills, not have such an empty house, and Lori can easily clean even with her health problems? 

37 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Having benefits from a job is for the good of the family. Seriously it would be nice to be able to go to a doctor and not have to pay out of pocket because deductibles are so high. I hate the American health care system. So if a woman has a job with healthcare and the husband doesn't, why insist on making HER leave "for the good of the family". 

If Lori had to answer that question, she would probably say that it is a man's place to provide health care insurance for the family and that the wife has to be at home with the kids. Lori lives in a bubble and I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't even know how much Ken pays for health insurance. Paying for health insurance can sometimes be high for self-employed people. I have a friend whose husband has an HVAC business and she works at hospital and carries the insurance for the family. In the past, they have researched the possible costs if he had to buy and pay for health insurance and the estimates/quotes they got were expensive.

Lori and her fangirls don't consider various factors that effect families and many are probably just dumb and isolated as their "mentor". I wouldn't be surprised if a few of her fangirls don't evenhave insurance due to  money or workplace issues. There is a chance a few could be on Scamartian if they don't to take Medicaid. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the days a fangirl confesses to not having health insurance and Lori as usual wouldn't give a shit.

2 hours ago, December said:

These calls for women to be keepers at home never seem to factor in that families' situations are individual, or that having a SAHM can cause issues for a household (along with providing benefits) and vice versa. The concerns are handwaved away with statements about being contented with less and making sacrifices of material wealth for the good of the family, which I'm sure is the case for many people. However, it's not some binary choice between a career and a family: choosing to prioritize one doesn't guarantee its success, or the other choice's failure.

Yes!  And, let's all be honest here. Money makes life more comfortable.   We can wax poetic all we want but, even a humble weekend get away is important to the health of the family.  So is having money for clothes, food and repair needs without sacrificing one of those needs.  Mom working and having money for necessities ,  good food and some fun is better than poverty 100% of the time.  

45 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Mom working and having money for necessities ,  good food and some fun is better than poverty 100% of the time.  

As someone coming out of some serious poverty (thank God for hubs being a Veteran), it sure was nice being able to flip out that debit card to pay for two tires for his truck w/o having to decide what wouldn't get paid. 

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

Yes!  And, let's all be honest here. Money makes life more comfortable.   We can wax poetic all we want but, even a humble weekend get away is important to the health of the family.  So is having money for clothes, food and repair needs without sacrificing one of those needs.  Mom working and having money for necessities ,  good food and some fun is better than poverty 100% of the time.  

I agree with these points. I can understand situations in which families can live comfortably on one income. With Lori's followers, many of them have many stories of extreme sacrifices or claims of living on 9k, 20k, and 30k a year. Sometimes her fangirls don't sound all that happy or comfortable with their husbands incomes.  I actually get quite sad when some of the fangirls talk about their husbands working multiple jobs just so they can stay at home. They talk about not going on vacations, not going to the movies, and other excursions. I don't think people need to constantly be taking vacations, but I don't think there is anything wrong with going on occasional vacations or weekend getaways.

The fangirls have been claiming that working mothers causes children, teens, and adults to have mental health issues, drug problems, and other issues. I don't know any statistics regarding those issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some cases of children and teens having mental health issues due to living in poverty. My family had some money issues when I was very young and I remember being worried when I would overhear my parents talking about worries about the bills and such. Worrying about shit can take a toll on anyone's mental health. Later on, due to pay raises and promotions my family lived comfortably and we didn't have a lot of money worries. I do have memories of school friends being stressed out because of family financial struggles. I know many two income households do have money worries, but I imagine it might be much worse for one income family who is in deep poverty.

I stayed home with my kids for a few formative years.  It was great!  Then, 2008 happened , hard times hit and I went back to work sooner than expected.  Because, I don't want to be poor.  I don't want us to struggle if unavoidable.  I don't want my children to fret and my husband to stress badly affecting his health.  I like our family fun and good food.  I consider myself a good mother and wife for that.  There is plenty of time in the day to work and be a great mom.  Well, sorta ;)

@lilwriter85. I very much agree about Lori's fangirls.  It's sad, really.  And Lori is doing them a great disservice encouraging all you mentioned.   Their lives sound so intentionally hard. It doesn't have to be that way.  Enjoy life as much as you can, sacrafice is necessary,  not mandatory though.  

Blessed Christmas to all!

Today, the mother of my brother's girlfriend passed away during Christmas morning. It's a miracle she lasted this long because she had an epileptic seizure last November, and she was confined in the hospital for 2 weeks.

She married young and had two children. After a few years, her husband passed away. She worked, remarried, and had another child. However, her second husband died as well. Now a widow twice, she went home to her widowed mother's home, but none of the other women folk worked outside the home, so they simply relied on the financial support from the husband's brother.

Then the mother of my brother's girlfriend suffered a stroke that left her with a mental capacity of a child. Sad to say, they did not have sufficient savings or medical insurance. Their relatives and church members have limited means as well, so they cannot support her for years. As a result, the children had to work at an early age to support themselves and their mother.

For the hospitalization of the mother, my brothers, my mother, and I paid about a total of $4,000. Girlfriend stays at home and takes care of their daugher, our niece. She is now thinking of working outside the home once my niece is of school age, so that she can earn income for the family.

My mother is conservative and believes that women should submit to their husbands. But she strongly believes that every woman should save and have money of her own.  As a result, she worked for 21 years in the military and now has a pension that is larger than my monthly income.

Lori is lucky that she married a man who earns a lot of money. What if Ken died after they had four children? What if her father also passed away without leaving them any money? Of course, with God, nothing is impossible, but what's likely to happen is that the children will have to be the parents in the family and work to support the mother.

3 hours ago, Joyce said:

Lori is lucky that she married a man who earns a lot of money. What if Ken died after they had four children? What if her father also passed away without leaving them any money? Of course, with God, nothing is impossible, but what's likely to happen is that the children will have to be the parents in the family and work to support the mother.

And that would suit Lori just fine, I'm sure.

I'm so sorry about the mother of your brother's girlfriend. :my_cry:

10 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Love how she extols poverty and sacrifice while she’s living on Ken’s salary.  

I love that too. She's also not really sacrificing anything either these days to stretch out Ken's salary. She is always bashing other people for eating out, having or wanting gadgets and other toys, and expensive clothes. She herself has many of those things. It was recently discussed her that Lori has paid for sponsored ads on Facebook and is possibly paying for Facebook followers. That's all on Ken's dime and that money will probably be a waste in the long run.  It would be funny if Ken got tired for paying for that shit and Lori had a bitch fit.

This was posted on Lori's instagram today. It's actually a nice picture. It is the only one I've seen of Lori where she has a smile that looks genuine. The kids don't look too happy to be where they are, but I do love that they are acting like normal kids. They haven't been trained into perfect behavior after all, and I find that encouraging. 

5a4265ab44a21_loriwithgrandkids.PNG.3bb0b10993696fbc108836d608e47438.PNG

I didn't want to post the same thing twice so I will just direct you to the post I made in the politics forum. 

On 12/26/2017 at 7:12 AM, molecule said:

This was posted on Lori's instagram today. It's actually a nice picture. It is the only one I've seen of Lori where she has a smile that looks genuine. The kids don't look too happy to be where they are, but I do love that they are acting like normal kids. They haven't been trained into perfect behavior after all, and I find that encouraging. 

I agree. It's a nice pic, and they do look like they are enjoying the grandchildren. The kids are cute too. It's a typical pic where one is crying because she doesn't want to sit still, and another looking bored. Love it.

If it were any other family, I'd love the photo. But, if it were any other family, Lori would be chastising the parents because the kids are not controlling their emotions and, when told to sit and smile for a picture, they should sit and smile for a picture. This is a woman who smacked the thighs of her babies when they we wiggled during diaper changes. She flicked tiny infants' cheeks for biting while they nursed. She clearly expects adult behavior from babies, so in her mind, this picture should be a big failure. She would not give anybody else a pass on fussy kids during the holidays, yet her adult children clearly are not held to the same standards as those poor women who "learn" from Lori. Either that or Lori's teachings on perfect parenting (just like her teaching on modesty) didn't even hold for her own kids. Her teachings  are dying without even one generation taking them to heart. 

I do wonder if poor Emily was sweating bullets as her child threw a fit on Ken's lap. She probably is a nervous wreck around her mother-in-law, wanting so badly to avoid any of Lori's passive aggressive jabs, especially about parenting. 

36 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

She clearly expects adult behavior from babies, so in her mind, this picture should be a big failure.

That's exactly why I like the picture.

Lori:

There has only been one time that Ken told me I couldn't wear something and it was many years ago. I had a pair of leggings on and he told me I couldn't wear them in public. He said they were too immodest. They are tight and show every single curve on a woman's body.

Umm, apparently that rule doesn't apply to Christmas, because those are most definitely leggings or skinny jeans she is wearing, and they are most definitely tight.  She might as well have painted them on...

Oh well...at least she's consistent- Do as I say, not as I do. 

53 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Is it just me or does it sound like Lori probably got scolded by someone so now she's writing about it? 

That's how I'm reading it. 

It's not our calling to be critical and examine the people in our lives to see if they are producing "fruit worthy of repentance" (Matt. 3:8)

I would love for someone to post this as a comment on one of her blog posts where she criticizes someone.

i agree with @usmcmomalmost entirely - if Lori saw this picture, she would chastise the mothers for not training their children. But also, I think Emily is drinking the koolaid. She stuck up for Lori in the past and is very into the “stay at home mommy”/multi level marketing BS thing. I think she is very comfortable with lori and lori’s expectations.

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Is it just me or does it sound like Lori probably got scolded by someone so now she's writing about it? 

I think she's reminding people to back the fuck off and quite finding fault with her. Instead they should focus on their own billions of faults and not discuss hers.  Their lives will be much happier if they do.  Ken.

11 hours ago, molecule said:

5a4265ab44a21_loriwithgrandkids.PNG.3bb0b10993696fbc108836d608e47438.PNG

I agree! Even if Lori is evil 99.9% of the time... this 0.01% is something I can approve of. Positives reinforcement. If she sees us praising her GOOD moments, maybe she’ll do it more often :my_biggrin:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived