IGNORED

Lori Alexander 35: Closing Windows Because of the Fires

Today Lori is relating the story of how one of her chat room members badgered another member for not obeying one of Lori's legalistic rules (homeschooling).

Apparently, she liked it so much, she had to take it to the blog.  I am sure the member at the center of all this really appreciates all of the confidentiality the chat room has offered her. 

Hopefully, the chat room member is familiar with this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/05/forcing-your-opinions-on-others.html

Women shouldn't be arguing over issues that have no eternal significance like organic or not organic, vaccinations or no vaccinations, public school or homeschool, sleep training or co-sleeping, spanking or not spanking, etc. 

But back to today's post. 

Lori Alexander says:

We were discussing public schools in the chat room last week because one woman told me that the high school her son attends is the “darkest place” she’s ever stepped foot on

I drove past that school the other day and I saw young teenage girls with their stomachs and breasts half uncovered, tight jeans, and short shorts.

That's right...Lori actually drove past this reader's child's school.  One can only assume she was looking for gossip for her blog (which she clearly feels like she found).

To the chat room member: It is NOT normal that these "godly, Christian women" are shaming you for not following Godly Lori's (totally non-biblical) rules.  It's NOT normal that Lori is taking what you put in a private chat room, and putting it on her public blog.  Finally, it is DEFINITELY NOT NORMAL that Lori is driving by your child's school.  Unless you just happen to send your kid to school in Lori's community, then she likely drove out of her way to do this, and that is EXTREMELY CREEPY.  Even if you guys do share a community, it is not normal for her to be driving by the school, looking at students, and gossiping about them on her blog.  

My god, what is wrong with these people that they don't see how twisted and crazy Lori is?

And just to point out how often The Godly Keeper contradicts herself...

Today:

Thankfully, my sons went to a local Christian high school that required uniforms so no breasts or stomachs were exposed.

Well Lori, that didn't stop you from gossiping about how immodest they were (complete w/ pictures).  *she has now blurred out faces, but only after a reader called her on it*:

This picture below is from my son's Homecoming Court. He attended a private Christian High School.

These dresses are very low cut and all made out of slinky material that looks more like lingerie than dresses and this is at a Christian High School!

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are valid reasons to homeschool but homeschooling for religious reasons is not a valid reason IMO. 

And the Lord absolutely leads families down different paths. Do these people not believe in a personal relationship and the guidance of the Holy Spirit? 

9 minutes ago, EowynW said:

There are valid reasons to homeschool but homeschooling for religious reasons is not a valid reason IMO. 

And the Lord absolutely leads families down different paths. Do these people not believe in a personal relationship and the guidance of the Holy Spirit? 

Lori is not the holy spirit for Ken, but she is the Holy Spirit for every woman on the internet.

Why is Lori gadding about in her car casing out high school students anyway? Shouldn’t she be at home? Doesn’t she blog about once a week about why women must stay in their houses all the time? Or am I confusing her with someone else?

@Koala I found today’s post to be unsettling for the same reasons you mentioned. I cannot imagine driving by someone’s kid’s school like that. That is so far from normal behavior. 

I started this morning by reading a post from Jen Hatmaker. She’s speaking out against abuse in the church/reinforced by the church. Almost every comment is a woman who experienced abuse and the overwhelming response from the church has been to shame the woman- told to submit more or better, divorce is wrong, disciplined or even excommunicated. My heart is so heavy. Lori and her fangirls support the very mindset that has allowed this to continue. 

8 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Why is Lori gadding about in her car casing out high school students anyway? Shouldn’t she be at home? Doesn’t she blog about once a week about why women must stay in their houses all the time? Or am I confusing her with someone else?

From last week's post:

too many women prefer to “gad about.” Many women don’t like being “stuck” at home all day.

Keepers at home: minding their own family affairs, not gadding abroad (beyond or out of the walls of a house); and inspecting into, and busying themselves about other people’s matters.

Now how is the manner in which that woman educates her child, any of Lori's business?  

How is driving past her child's school, not "inspecting into other people's matters"??

It gets my hackles up every goddamn time Lori mentions Jesus, loving Jesus, or what Jesus did for her. She doesn't love Jesus. She doesn't read the Gospels because "they are to tell everyone that they need a Savior." She doesn't give a SHIT about Jesus, his life, his philosophy, anything. 

ETA: But also, huuuuuge eye roll to the sentiment that "Christmas isn't about family"

Wait a minute.... So perhaps I missed this but is that handwriting that she is being praise for even her's? That looks computer generated to me. Idk maybe her penmanship is just that good. 

Maybe that's why Lori is spending all her time blogging and doodling instead of enjoying her family that flew in a few days ago. It's not about family; it's about Jesus!!

"Sorry little grandbaby; Grandma Lori has to blog for Jesus.  Can't hold you now!" 

So many bloggers I've followed or am following have posted things like "I'm going to be silent for a couple weeks while I enjoy my family and the holidays."  Lori does the opposite: "I'm going to ignore all of you kids and grandkids for a couple weeks so I can concentrate on my ministry. These women are'not going to monitor themselves, ya know." 

Seriously, does she completely disregard her children and their kids when they visit?!? I mean, I'm happy for them if she does (cause who wants that all up in their faces?) but if I flew across the country to visit my parent and she spent her time tucked away "writing," those trips would end very quickly.  

20 minutes ago, Koala said:

And it's "want", Lori, not "won't".

She is using won't correctly as a contraction of will not.  "... if you will not be with family."

Damn, Lori's such a patronizing twit with her "it's all about Jesus" stuff.  I bet she has the tree, pressies, feasting and what family can still stand her around too.

Mothers not “feeling led” to homeschool have created headaches for me at church. The children that attend public school have been such a negative influence on mine. I now have little interest in investing in friendships with these “Christian” children.....it makes sense why God leads us to have larger families

This has got to be one of the most snotty, bitchy, and smugly judgmental comments I've ever seen from a "Christian" on any of Lori's posts, and that's saying something. :angry-banghead:

33 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Wait a minute.... So perhaps I missed this but is that handwriting that she is being praise for even her's? That looks computer generated to me. Idk maybe her penmanship is just that good. 

I'm pretty sure that I saw white-out on one of her doodles within the last month, so I think that she is actually hand printing the doodles. My mom has writing (both printing and cursive) that is at least that good, or maybe better, but she did spend 21 years teaching kindergarteners how to write. How many years did Lori "teach" before she sabotaged her birth control in a passive aggressive bid to stay home followed her godly calling to be a stay at home mom? Less than 5, right?

2 minutes ago, Loveday said:

This has got to be one of the most snotty, bitchy, and smugly judgmental comments I've ever seen from a "Christian" on any of Lori's posts, and that's saying something. :angry-banghead:

I came here to post it. You beat me to it.

Lady, Jesus calls you to love those children. Yours may not need Jesus any more, as they are so perfect, and Jesus came for those who recognize their need for Him.  Maybe you don't belong in that particular church since you're too good for them.  Maybe you should check your pride gauge...

Can someone please explain to me the guidelines for posting from the super secret chatroom? I've seen so many posts from there that I thought it was allowed. Thank you.

38 minutes ago, Loveday said:

You know what my public high school kids during the holidays each year, as part of their school sponsored service projects:

*Collected a massive amount of gifts for our troops in Afghanistan, including asking for donations from businesses to cover shipping expenses. 

*Shopped for two needy families in the district. The families were anonymous and the sponsor only gave them the age and sex of each child. They also bought gifts for the parents. This was a HUGE event and about twenty kids hit the mall one night and took it very seriously. You want some serious shopping done? Send teenage girls! 

*Had a contest at school to see which class could collect the most food for the local homeless shelter. High schoolers are competitive so this was a huge success also. The seniors can't have those freshmen beating them. 

You know what my sister's homeschooled kids did during the holidays?

*Read the Bible and scolded the rest of us for having a Christmas tree and talking about Santa. 

I know most homeschool families are stingy, arrogant snobs; but the ones who follow Lori sure seem to be just that. I'd stack the character of the public school kids I know against that of these snotty Bible thumpers any day. 

@ USMCMOM

Women in the chatroom say such things too and point out that their public schools are good environments and how not all schools are "dark places."

The other thing that happens all the time is women are torn between obeying their husband who wants kids to get an education and keeping said kids home. I know it kills Lori to tell them to obey their husbands and send their kids to school. She has been hammering the shit out of this homeschool crap.

Of course some women are like "It's so easy. We have school from 10 to 11 every morning" or "I just teach language arts and math. The other subjects take care of themselves." Only a handful have any sense of punctuation, grammar and so on that it's obvious they would never be hired to teach. 

22 minutes ago, fluffy said:

Can someone please explain to me the guidelines for posting from the super secret chatroom? I've seen so many posts from there that I thought it was allowed. Thank you.

I'm not sure how to link to a specific part of the FAQs, so I took a screenshot of the relevant section.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171221-101614.thumb.jpg.27e1a35ba87699db5b4f6fba8a4b7407.jpg

Basically, paraphrasing is allowed; exact quotes, like screenshots or cutting and pasting are not. Also, it would be wrong to post private information, like addresses, phone numbers, etc.

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Along the same lines, a fundie fb friend shared this today. And I see her fundie asshole husband going around mansplaining in the comments. 

I'm surprised we don't have a dale partridge thread. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1996129973937432&id=1421265644757204

This guy annoys me already "your child's soul is expensive". I spent about five years total in two different private Christian schools and then went to a public high school because the private school only went to 8th grade. I can tell you that crap still goes on in private schools. Many of the kids just go through the motions but when they get to public school they fall off the religious wagon. Many parents, Christian schools, and Youth groups teach the kids Sunday school answers and how to pick and choose Bible verses. Those skills don't stand up to the outside world. So hiding your kids away doesn't help if they aren't learning to deal. All of my college education has been at private Christian universities and a lot of those kids have a hard time coping and being challenged just like the supposed liberal do.

Also my 1st Christian school was hella expensive but a better option then the public schools. However, they certainly didn't really make it cheaper to go there when they built on a multimillion dollar addition. If we hadn't of moved my parents would have had to pull me out because of the cost. His question about liberals sending their kids to a Christian school seems clever but doesn't work on me because I had a Muslim friend who attended a catholic school because it was safer and had a better education. 

3 hours ago, Koala said:

I drove past that school the other day and I saw young teenage girls with their stomachs and breasts half uncovered, tight jeans, and short shorts.

I know it's been a long time since I was in high school, but I am going to call bullshit on this.  I'm pretty sure that every high school has a dress code.  It might not be keeping covered from head to toe like Lori would like, but a dress code nonetheless.

She makes it sound like the girls were all in tube tops and daisy dukes, which I very much doubt meets a school dress code, even in California.

I'm just going to call bullshit on this one, given we know Lori is highly prone to exaggeration based on past experience.

Also, who the fuck drives by a stranger's kid's high school to gawk at teenagers?  That is SUPER CREEPY.

51 minutes ago, fluffy said:

You can't post screenshots and/or copy/paste directly from private pages/groups.   You can summarize/paraphrase what happens on them, however.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived