IGNORED

Dillards 46: Now with Pants and a Possible Nose Piercing

Coconut Flan

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Am I the only one who no longer buys actual books? The e-reader is so much more convenient.

I very rarely buy actual books anymore because having a Kindle library is more convenient.  I reread books all the time and have a modest standing library so those are the books I dog ear.  I just learned you can lend you kindle books out anyone for 14 days.  I looked for my BFF who loves to read and I have over 150 titles.  Plus I don’t have to worry about getting it back (altho she is one of the 3 I trust with my precious babies).

Edited to add the one place I but actual books from is the thrift store.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

That part (minus the cigarette) sounds like my morning routine too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who drinks a Dr. Pepper each morning!

(Actually, I usually drink a generic version, either Dr. Bob or Dr. Thunder. :pb_lol:)

My Dr Pepper is my coffee.  I should also add feeding the cats to that routine.  Do you turn on the news and check to see if it's a blue ticker or red "breaking news" ticker right off the bat?   And then have a brief moment of "oh shit" when it's red until you read it?  

• Looked fragrantly for my back pack when it was on my back
  • Left my keys in the freezer
  • While in a job interview kicked one of the interviewers under the table (got the job and she ended up as my boss)
  • After a date went over his place and I promptly pushed him out of the way to go puke
  • When working for the military called a woman officer "sir"
  • Put a chicken in the oven to cook 45 minutes later discovered I hadn't turned on the oven
  • First week in a new job, eating lunch with a navy guy and spilled orange soda on his dress whites
  • Walking out of a record store in a mall when SLAM into the glass wall
  • ....And many more

2 minutes ago, Southern Unicorn said:

My Dr Pepper is my coffee.  I should also add feeding the cats to that routine.  Do you turn on the news and check to see if it's a blue ticker or red "breaking news" ticker right off the bat?   And then have a brief moment of "oh shit" when it's red until you read it?  

I don't buy Dr. Pepper often enough even though I really love it.  Coke Zero, or the store brand version is my coffee, start each day with a can.

Absent minded or dumb things I have done:

Worn my nightgown inside out overnight...wondering why I felt uncomfortable on and off during the night,until I looked in the mirror the next morning...lol.

Looked for my glasses...while they were on my head...lol.

Went to the bank,and almost drove off with the cylinder for deposits etc....lol

51 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

:pb_lol: To be fair, sometimes getting drunk feels necessary to tolerate these people/they can drive you to drink.

It's actually Finland's 100th Independence Day, so I decided to get piss drunk and watch the presidential reception! (short still drunken explanation: important ppl, like veterans, politicians, artists, accomplished young people, sports people and so on get invited to shake hands with the president couple and it's basically an excuse for us mere peasants to judge the horrible dresses people wear) YOU KNOW WAHT I'LL POST SOME SCREENSHOTS.

https://imgur.com/a/1jN1l

I will assure you that the majority of the dresses were absolutely STUNNING, but like... yeah. Sadly I missed a lady that was wearing a denim gown. Denim. Gown. There was also a badass old lady wearing a black leather dress.

44 minutes ago, catlady said:

oh my Rufus, i read that before your edit and wondered what the hell you meant!  i'll drink to that this evening!

It took me like, what, almost an hour to realise we ain't talkin' bout the sin meat. LOL

I forget and lose things all the time. It's so frustrating.

I've looked for my glasses while I was wearing them. As in, they were directly in front of my eyes.

I was once driving and realized I had forgotten my car keys so I stopped and turned around. Then I realized that if I had actually forgotten my car keys I couldn't be driving.

My dumb things (two of which occurred during finals weeks...):

—I went out shopping and bought new bras. Sat down to take an exam and thought, “dang! These are comfy bras!”  Yeah, I had forgotten to put a bra on that morning. 

—Walked into my dorm room carrying a big stack of books in one arm and a glass of cranberry juice in the other. Proceeded to go to throw the books on the bed, and instead threw the cup on it. 

—Dropped a cell phone in a large McDonalds cup filled with Diet Coke sitting in the cup holder of my car

When I was pregnant I prepaid for gas and then went to drive away before I had actually pumped the gas into my car. The only thing that stopped me was the gas light that came back on when I turned the car on.

When I lived in a dorm I went to take my trash to the dumpster, I had the bag in one hand and my key in the other hand since the dorm was locked 24/7. Guess which one I hurled into the dumpster? Luckily a few minutes later a trash guy came by and was able to retrieve my key. The lanyard it was on was completely soaked with garbage juice, it was so gross.

And I too am guilty of looking for items that I'm already holding/wearing. Usually my phone. A couple times my glasses.

Forgot to take out my contacts before I fell asleep, woke up with crystal clear vision and momentarily thought my astigmatism had miraculously righted itself.

When my kid was a toddler I got her all strapped into her car seat to get her to day care.  It was winter so I had her coat and was going to tuck it over her as I always did. I put the coat on top of the car while getting her in and then I drove off. Got to day care to discover there was no coat. Day care teacher gave me the stank eye for not bringing her coat even though I tried to explain.   Drove back home to find her coat in the middle of the street covered in tire tracks.

I almost left the house with my jeans inside out last week. I considered leaving them that way because I was on my way to a jury selection summons and didn't want to get picked (thankfully the trial got cancelled).

When my oldest son was a toddler,we did not have a washer or dryer.I was a stay at home mom ,then.I would take him with me and do laundry.One day,we are on our way,I noticed that every driver in the opposite direction was really looking at me,doing double takes,strange looks.....then  the box of dryer sheets fell on the hood of my car!I drove off with my box of detergent and dryer sheets..on top of the car....lol.

I have asked for cash back at the register and promptly walked away without it. 

I also sometimes forget whether or not I have taken my insulin at night. This is serious because taking it twice can result in an overdose. I use an alarm and a couple of other tricks to avoid doing this.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Am I the only one who no longer buys actual books? The e-reader is so much more convenient.

me!!! Also, I can read in bed at night without having the light on, my husband appreciates this feature.

1 hour ago, LovelyLuna said:

regular coke here.  Thought I was the only one.

i do diet coke; i too am glad i'm not alone!

1 hour ago, melon said:

Worn my nightgown inside out overnight...wondering why I felt uncomfortable on and off during the night,until I looked in the mirror the next morning...lol.

Try wearing your panties backwards.   VERY uncomfortable. 

Wow, thank you everyone for sharing their insane doings! Lately I have pulled some confused sh*t that seriously had me worrying about early onset dementia! I feel a lot better now!!!

I once drove off with a cup of coffee on the roof of my car. It fell and spilled allllll over the windshield and the hood....I was pretty upset at the loss of the coffee! 

Forgetting things is a sign of perimenopause that no one tells you...

My worst was leaving my glasses in the car for an outdoor nighttime event I was working, I had prescription sunglasses. I was surprised how well my eyes adjusted then relieved when I got to my car post event and saw my glasses. 

2 hours ago, Southern Unicorn said:

Diet Coke is my coffee. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who uses soda as coffee!! I was worried about myself.

What's the difference between ticker colors ? Is blue local news and red "oh shit, what did Trump do now?"

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:
  •  
  • After a date went over his place and I promptly pushed him out of the way to go puke

Once I almost threw up on a guy in the middle of a heavy make out session. Things started to progress and then I suddenly shoved him out of the way and dantily puked into my hands (because I'm polite and didn't want to ruin his sheets). He didn't get why I was embarrassed, and totally thought it was his fault. Like boobs = puke button. I told a friend about it and she thought he triggered the puke reflex with his tongue (sorry, this is getting graphic :pb_lol:). Poor lad, loved him so I tried so hard to teach him to kiss. 

Actual representation of our first kiss:

Spoiler

kissinglikethis.jpg

2 hours ago, finnlassie said:

It's actually Finland's 100th Independence Day, so I decided to get piss drunk and watch the presidential reception! (short still drunken explanation: important ppl, like veterans, politicians, artists, accomplished young people, sports people and so on get invited to shake hands with the president couple and it's basically an excuse for us mere peasants to judge the horrible dresses people wear) YOU KNOW WAHT I'LL POST SOME SCREENSHOTS.

https://imgur.com/a/1jN1l

I will assure you that the majority of the dresses were absolutely STUNNING, but like... yeah. Sadly I missed a lady that was wearing a denim gown. Denim. Gown. There was also a badass old lady wearing a black leather dress.

It took me like, what, almost an hour to realise we ain't talkin' bout the sin meat. LOL

Oh man, the lady in the blue dress with the white apron thing reminds me so much of Belle!! Disney princess win or fail?

Oh hi, adult ADHD here. I've walked out of the house wearing mismatched shoes more times than I'd like to admit. I also get on the wrong bus pretty regularly. Leave a lot of stuff to burn in the oven. And that's just the lighthearted stuff, let's not even get into the bills I've forgotten to pay (even though I had the money), flights I've missed because I wrote down the wrong time, important documents I've had to have replaced...

One morning I got dressed (or so I thought) and left for work. As I stepped onto the train, I realized I'd forgotten to put on my skirt.  I didn't have time to go home and put one on.  I had to sit in the office all morning with my trench coat on (fortunately, the boss was out of the office and nobody came by) and then go out and buy a skirt on my lunch hour.

Another time, when I was in college, I was studying for an final when I realized I'd forgotten all about an interview for an on-campus job. I ran up there as fast as I could, but I was a good fifteen or twenty minutes late for the interview.  After it was done, I went back to a classroom to keep studying until it was almost time for another final.  I jumped out of my chair and ran out of the room...and ran smack into a professor on whom I had an enormous crush.  I was so embarrassed!

Laundry:  tonight I washed a load of darks. One of those items had a kleenex in the pocket. Yay.

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I have asked for cash back at the register and promptly walked away without it. 

I also sometimes forget whether or not I have taken my insulin at night. This is serious because taking it twice can result in an overdose. I use an alarm and a couple of other tricks to avoid doing this.

SilverBeach, I had a Spinal Fusion(cervical) in August of 2016.I had to take narcotic painkillers.I was taking Percocet.I accidently took a double dose......and slept all morning.I know what you mean about the seriousness of an overdose.For a week before ,my surgery,then a few weeks after,I had a lot of pain....I was literally counting the hours to my next dose.Then,I overthink to much,and feared I was becoming addicted..when I wasn't.I was so glad when my pain was under control.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived