IGNORED

Dillards 46: Now with Pants and a Possible Nose Piercing

Coconut Flan

Honestly, what I usually do to save my page is to just lay the book face down on the nearest surface until I pick it up again.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An old coupon for a can of beans long ago expired. A scrap of paper from a hotel note pad.

35 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

An old coupon for a can of beans long ago expired. A scrap of paper from a hotel note pad.

postcards!  i do this when i buy a book on vacation.  a few times, i've left the postcard in the book as a reminder of where i bought it.

45 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Honestly, what I usually do to save my page is to just lay the book face down on the nearest surface until I pick it up again.

Oh no. I was told that breaks the spine.

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Oh no. I was told that breaks the spine.

Hmmm, I don't know. The only broken book spines I have are the ones that I've read and re-read multiple times over the course of several years. Also, I just went and asked all my books if they were in pain or uncomfortable, and they said, "No, it's cool @singsingsing! We have a great life with you!" So I think they're okay.

I once left a medical bill in a library book.  Months later somebody else checked out the book and mailed me the old bill.

Why in the hell would you want to look at that whenever you open a book?  Good grief, you don't need to keep trying so damned hard - we get it, you're married to your grifting, hobo, Christian dreamboat, Jilly, but surely even you can see that he looks like a dirtbag in that particular photo?  

As always, Jill tries hard, and doesn't get it quite right.  She needs to take PR lessons from Jessa and Jinger.  

I have also done laundry without the soap. 

I've also drank an entire cup of tea...without remembering to add the teabag. (it was finals week). 

2 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I have also done laundry without the soap. 

I've also drank an entire cup of tea...without remembering to add the teabag. (it was finals week). 

Things I have done:

-Taken a teabag out of its wrapper and promptly thrown the teabag instead of the wrapper in the garbage.

-Unwittingly walked around all day with the previous day's underwear stuck in a pant leg of the jeans I was re-wearing.

-Searched for my sunglasses while wearing them.

-Searched for a pen while holding it.

-Searched for my winter coat while wearing it.

-Frantically searched my desk area, backpack and purse for a full minute at the university library, thinking my phone had been stolen right out from under my nose, only to discover that I had been holding it the entire time.

Paid for gas/petrol, but driven away without having actually put any in my car *facepalm*

Spoiler alert: I didn't get too far :embarrassed:

i once put my dog's dinner in his dish, then put the dish in the trash and the empty can on the floor.  he gave me the stink-eye for that.

Re: bookmarks....one of my bookmarks was a brochure from one of my favorite hotels, that sadly no longer exists.  Was traveling and needed something to hold the page (was reading the last Harry Potter book) so grabbed the brochure that was in the room.  Was meant only to be temporary but that thing has been moved from book to book long after I got home.  

Things I have done:

Laundry without soap

Looking for glasses while wearing them

Put the credit card in the receipt slot when filling up the car (I just did this one, my dad died a couple of days before and I was out of it)

in no way to defend Jill, but I'm a (self admitted) lazy housewife with no kids at home and I'm an obsessive list maker.  It keeps me motivated to do more than sit around playing online for hours.   It also helps me complete tasks because while my hubby hates it, there's nothing I love more than leaving folded laundry in the baskets.  Well I don't love it as much as I hate carting the baskets upstairs and putting them away. 

When I get up each day, I have my dr pepper & a cigarette while checking the latest trump disaster on the news,  I write my daily "to do" list.  Then like a teenager/kid, I start working on my list about an hour before my hubby comes home from work.  lol

I'm also a non-bookspine-breaker. I hate broken spines. I have paperbacks I've read multiple times that still have pristine spines.

I've run a load of laundry without soap and without clothes. I've also put clothes in the dryer then walked away from it - leaving them to sit there for hours - when I go to fold them, they're still wet because DUH. You've got to turn the damned thing ON.

30 minutes ago, catlady said:

i once put my dog's dinner in his dish, then put the dish in the trash and the empty can on the floor.  he gave me the stink-eye for that.

I have prepared a full bottle for baby, picked baby up from her crib, walked in to kitchen holding baby and poured entire bottle down the sink. Received a "WTF Mom" look from baby.

If I own a book I dog ear it, always have always will. If the book is not mine I use whatever is handy.  There are only 3 people on earth who I will let barrow books.

I can’t lave anything in the oven because I will preheat it all la Jessa.

Conversely I was making brownies two nights ago and forgot to turn the oven on. Set the timer and put them in the oven and came back in 35 minuet to cold brownies. 

I have a terrible memory from a combination of a head injury and multiple medications.   :my_confused:

17 hours ago, potato said:

Confession time:  While I said earlier that I wouldn't use a picture of my boyfriend as a bookmark, I failed to mention that I once bought a bookmark with Voldemort on it- partially because I thought it would be a funny thing to have and partially because Draco/Tom Felton was also on it :romance-hearteyes:

Confession: In 11th grade I developed a crush on a boy because he drew a dark mark on his arm in sharpie.

I guess it's true that every girl has a bad boy phase? :pb_lol:

17 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Using a picture of Dwreck as a bookmark in her Bible is just creepy and comes off as sacrilegious to me. As does JB&M getting different pastors to sign their Bibles. 

WTF!! They seriously did that? That feels like a major major no-no. One time Richard Dawson came to my university and was doing a signing and I almost bought a bible for him to sign, but I was TRYING to be inappropriate. I regret not doing that though. His reaction would have been hilarious.

15 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Not to mention the necklace DWreck gave her.  That is very exciting the first time a boy gives you jewlery.  Hers was hand picked, in Nepal.  Kind of a big deal.  Too much excitement with very limited outcomes.   The first time that happened to me in HS, my parents did not like that.  Too much, too serious.  Jill's dad encouraged all of this.  Mom wasn't there to talk real with her ( let's be honest though, Mechelle would be of no use.  They should've brought Jana.  Why didn't Jill have a trusted sister there anyway come to think of it).  Fast track sucks.  They made it that long being single and not bursting into flames.  I'd actually think longer courtships would be favored.  

Good point. Though when he gave her that necklace I breathed a sigh of relief that she FINALLY took off her culture-appropriating Star of David necklace.

7 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I am always hesitant to lend out books because of the fear that it will come back dog eared. Last time I lent one out I specifically told the person that I didn’t want it dog eared. 

Heaven forbid anyone do that to me. And that reminds me, I need to get some of my childhood favorites that I loaned to a relative back. I bugged them a few times but they've been too busy to come to family holiday stuff. I must bug them again. I really want Ella Enchanted back. That was my favorite non-HP book. Fuck he movie adaptation though. I walked out of that movie ANGRY, burning with the desire to redo it.

I collected bookmarks as a child (as opposed to normal things like rocks or stamps).  My recent "strategy" of trying to memorize my page number when I have no paper like thing around fails miserably.

3 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I got confused because I imagined a legit dick.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I READ PENS AS PENIS SORRY I'M DRUNK.

:pb_lol: To be fair, sometimes getting drunk feels necessary to tolerate these people/they can drive you to drink.

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm also a non-bookspine-breaker. I hate broken spines. I have paperbacks I've read multiple times that still have pristine spines.

HOW? The spine of paperbacks I've owned split the second I opened them.

Stupid things I've done:

- Panicked while on a phone call with a friend that I couldn't find my phone

- Wore jeans all day/to class and didn't notice the hole on the seat of my jeans that I attempted to fix had ripped back open...until I felt a breeze on my butt that night at a bar. 

Dumb Things I have done: 

• Searched for my glasses while wearing them. 
  • Searched for my glasses while wearing sunglasses, they were in my hand. 
  • Searched for my wallet, had it in my hand. 
  • Frantic because I couldn't find my phone, it was in my pocket. 
  • Put double detergent in the washer because I couldn't remember if I had 
  • Salted my food twice. 
  • Wore my shirt inside out all day
  • Washed a plate for a second time because I couldn't be full sure I didn't just rinse it.

I am a Sim and whoever is controlling me is mean! :P 

3 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I got confused because I imagined a legit dick.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I READ PENS AS PENIS SORRY I'M DRUNK.

oh my Rufus, i read that before your edit and wondered what the hell you meant!  i'll drink to that this evening!

13 minutes ago, Southern Unicorn said:

When I get up each day, I have my dr pepper & a cigarette while checking the latest trump disaster on the news

That part (minus the cigarette) sounds like my morning routine too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who drinks a Dr. Pepper each morning!

(Actually, I usually drink a generic version, either Dr. Bob or Dr. Thunder. :pb_lol:)

30 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I've run a load of laundry without soap and without clothes. I've also put clothes in the dryer then walked away from it - leaving them to sit there for hours - when I go to fold them, they're still wet because DUH. You've got to turn the damned thing ON.

Laughing at this because my granddaughter (at 2 1/2) was playing tea party with me and put the imaginary dishes in the imaginary dishwasher, walked away and slapped her head as she said, " UGH!  I forgot to turn it on!"   

Just thought of this one:  years ago I went in for an interview.  I wore walking shoes while driving there with the plan to change into dress shoes (flats) before going in.  Well, I changed shoes but only one.   Guess I was just too distracted.  I actually went through the entire interview with two different kinds of shoes on my feet.  No one said anyone until the end, outwardly I laughed it off but inwardly I was horrified.     After that, I didn't want the job because I didn't want to be known as the candidate who wore two different shoes in a interview.   Some things you never live down.

When I worked in an office that required me to scan my badge for entry I once walked to my car after grocery shopping and tapped my badge on the car handle. I stood waiting for a second and tried again when it wouldn’t open. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived