IGNORED

Dillards 46: Now with Pants and a Possible Nose Piercing

Coconut Flan

20 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

lso sometimes forget whether or not I have taken my insulin at night. This is serious because taking it twice can result in an overdose. I use an alarm and a couple of other tricks to avoid doing thi

@SilverBeach or anyone who takes daily medicine or is a caretaker for someone forgetful, I highly recommend the app MediSafe, it was developed exactly for this reason after the dad gave himself an extra shot and will notify your caretaker after multiple missed dose reminders as well as managing refills/ other aspects of care.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, artdecades said:

and of course he manages to retweet an actual Nazi while doing so.

Which one is a Nazi?

55 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Big mistake of mine going to Gorka's Twitter page. Scary scary stuff.  The people there are bat shit crazy, although I think some are bots or Russian.  Too many ALL CAPS and odd grammar.  One that did catch my eye was this one.  Err weren't there 13 colonies and 12 tribes?

Land divided by rivers was the States?  Really?  Look on any map. Every part is divided by rivers.  Or maybe because I'm an ebil liberal, Jewish Democrat with a brown daughter I'm must be stupid. 

What is that whackadoodle talking about?? And yes, there were 12 tribes. And the Bible never mentions the USA. That poor, delusional twat.

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I washed money last night. Luckily I'm Canadian! The money is fine, I'm just dumb and need to stop talking to the cats as I'm doing laundry. 

American money does fine too, I've washed a good number of bills and coins over the years but have gotten better about it.  Tissues are still an occasional problem.  I've washed laundry cards which, fortunately, worked OK afterwards.

Panicked when my phone was missing from my back pocket then realized it was in my other hand.

Regularly tell myself that any moron can remember three or so items to get at the supermarket without making a list, then can't remember all the items when I get there.  Or I get the right number of items, congratulate myself, then find out later that the list (that I didn't write down) should have had one more item on it.  Or I realize that there are "enough" items to make a list, make a list, then leave the list at home.

3 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

google duck tape bookmarks.

I did this only because I was confused as to what Duck Tape was. I thought at first it was just a typo your end (thought it was rather cute) over here in Aust. we call it duct tape. 

I just recently started a new job and yesterday I discovered that I had washed my notepad that I had used to jot down in what order I was suppose to do everything. I can only find the front cover as this was plastic, Rufus knows where the rest of it has gone. There was no shredded paper over all the other clothes nor is there a sodden mess in my lint filter. 

I use a Kobo to read now. All my books are still packed away in our storage container. When we re-model I will be getting a library but until then I have to think twice about purchasing an actual book. I love my Kobo, it is backlit and also waterproof. This means I can read in the pool.

@motelmumI think the original tape was called duct tape. But then it got popular and it was marketed as duck tape by different companies. It wasn't just for taping crap together anymore. At least I think that is all true. 

3 minutes ago, motelmum said:

Duck Tape was. I thought at first it was just a typo your end

It's duct tape here in the USA too. Duck Tape is just a brand of it. :)

Oh I see @Chickenbutt and @SapphireSlytherin, thank you for that. I have never seen the pretty tape that they were showing just the usual grey colour. Didn't think I would ever be jealous of  the US for their duct tape

ETA: actually now I want to google and see if we do sell pretty tape.

RE-ETA: oh wow we do, and there are so many different ones. Thank you @Chickenbutt for opening my eyes to a whole new world! :wow:

Michaels used to carry different coloured duct tape - not sure if they still do. 

Red Green is responsible for popularizing it in Canada. (I skimmed a few pages - hope this isn't a repeat).

Speaking of tape, washi tape will spice up just about anything!  If you struggle with too much tape on gifts at the holidays, just switch to washi tape and people will think it's a stylistic choice!

1 hour ago, catlady said:

I agree with that 100%!  I keep telling him that I will be in charge of running the machines, but each of us is responsible for our own personal possessions; i.e., *empty your own damn pockets!*

I claim that the money found in the washer/dryer is forfeit to the "Laundry Fairy". 

in basic terms - finders keepers.

Fun fact, calling that type of tape "duck tape" actually predates "duct tape." Either version is considered an acceptable use. From this article:

If you’ve been rolling your eyes at people who say “duck tape” adhesive, prepare some apologies. The durable cloth-backed tape first appeared during World War II, when Johnson & Johnson developed an olive drab version as a handy way for American soldiers to waterproof their ammo cans. According to the company, soldiers dubbed the product “duck tape” because it forced moisture to flee “like water off a duck’s back.”

Yes! I always said/heard 'duct tape' and used to think that 'duck tape' was a cute and funny misinterpretation, until I learned the truth and my mind was blown. 

The fact that Derick retweeted a Nazi doesn't surprise me at all. Gorka was a Trump advisor until recently. So, there's that, too. I don't think he got nearly as much bad press as he deserves. He's scary and doesn't belong anywhere near the WH, much like the Trump family itself.

47 minutes ago, Meggo said:

I claim that the money found in the washer/dryer is forfeit to the "Laundry Fairy". 

in basic terms - finders keepers.

Same here. Except I'm the culprit with leaving money in pockets. Still, though, I get all excited and feel rich when I find moolah in the washer and/or dryer. Then I gloat about it to DH, and he reminds me that it was ALREADY my money. 

Doesn't matter - to me it's still "found money" and reason for celebration.

Yeah, I'm simple.

23 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

Forgetting things is a sign of perimenopause that no one tells you...

Unfortunately there's a bunch of things that are signs of perimenopause that no one bothers to tell you:my_dodgy:

On a more positive note, after reading the last few pages of this thread I'm now convinced that I'm completely normal and not suffering from dementia so thanks, FJ, for putting my addled mind at ease.

3 hours ago, motelmum said:

I did this only because I was confused as to what Duck Tape was. I thought at first it was just a typo your end (thought it was rather cute) over here in Aust. we call it duct tape. 

I remember my disappointment as a child when I learned that duck tape was, in fact, not used to tape ducks together and was really called duct tape.

Also WATERPROOF BOOKREADER? I must look into this.

2 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

@motelmumNow you have to google all the things you can do with duck tape......

http://www.duckbrand.com/craft-decor

http://diyprojectsforteens.com/duct-tape-projects/

Just google duct/duck tape crafts. Have fun and you are very welcome. 

Don't forget about duck tape prom dresses!! http://stuckatprom.com/

And I totally make the "money laundering" joke too (whose husband does that? I forget).

4 hours ago, MoonFace said:

I guess there is only are really bad problem if you put your bra on backwards and had it FIT.   :wtsf:

I have a relative who took up lap swimming in her adult life. She bought a one-piece swim suit (presumably with a racerback) and accidentally managed to put it on backwards. She noticed the mistake pretty quickly.

9 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I washed money last night. Luckily I'm Canadian! The money is fine, I'm just dumb and need to stop talking to the cats as I'm doing laundry. 

I do the same more often than I like to admit. One time I used a clothes line to dry clothes and I never knew that I left money in my pockets until I saw it blow away. I never did find it all :my_blush:

On 12/6/2017 at 4:29 PM, BlessaYourHeart said:

Is this person serious? They all share the shitty beliefs and opinions 

B3F35FE3-A114-4654-A38E-8CF5D4A73630.jpeg

Leg humpers...grrr. 

My thing that I forget all the time are debit cards in ATMs. When I lived in the US, I think I usually put cards in machines and the machine gave it back to you right away (at least in my experience). In Chile, getting the card back is the very last step in your transaction, after the "Thank you!" screen and everything. I probably lose about five cards a year this way. I just can't get used to it.

The funny thing is that I think I've gone through the stages of grief with this habit. I used to be angry, or try to think of ways to get a card out of a machine that I'm returning to hours later,but now I just accept it. Thankfully, it's been a while, but knock on wood.

19 hours ago, Marly said:

I actually had to explain to him that you have to empty out the pockets of clothing items before you wash them.

When youngest son was a teen, his nickname was "Pockets" because he put anything and everything interesting he ever found into them.  It was an archeological dig and purge before every laundry load.

In his junior year of high school, my son insisted I not buy him a new binder.  Instead, he covered his existing, somewhat battered binder with duct tape.  He also fashioned himself a wallet of duct tape.  The binder carried him through graduation.  The wallet held up too, but he found another wallet he liked via a Groupon deal and so retired the duct tape one.  I

Anyone see the Mythbusters episode where they made a small boat of duct tape?

I once had a pet Chef. He was very much like a feral cat - stopped by my house for food, a place to sleep and for help with grooming the gnarles out of his twists/waxing brows etc., then he'd just wander off without a word until next time. I-Chef would frequently leave behind a pile of dirty Chef's jackets/scarves/hats. He had a near religious faith that piling them on the floor by the washing machine was a sure way to get them washed and ironed (with extra starch!). I would have chucked them out on the porch in their grotty original condition, but my cat believed that every bit of textile on the floor was a litter pad waiting to happen. Needless to say, the cat generally got to the jackets before I did and I couldn't throw them on the porch soaked/smeared with cat excrament. And so the precious chefs whites got washed and bleached and even hit with spray starch before being hung up in the porch for I-Chef to come back and plunder when his other staches of uniforms were getting low. This went on until he forgot to remove a red Sharpie from his sleeve pocket (and it somehow slipped my mind to check there) and the Sharpie broke open and smeared his precious Egyptian cotton whites and dyed them pink :Bazinga:

Apparently, truly manly chefs don't wear pink jackets/hats with red streaks. Especially on a day where there's a photo shoot for culinary team Canada :pearlclutching: I-Chef was literally hyperventilating as he loaded the pinks into the car and took himself and his precious pinks/former whites down to the dry cleaner... I could have gotten the stains out, but forgot to mention that little fact.... Never saw so much as a hint of a dirty Chef's jacket or hat anywhere near my house - he started getting changed in his car into something clean before be even wandered up to my door - win for Kittikatz and dry cleaners everywhere :my_biggrin:sometimes you just gotta let the pocket hoarders experience the full effect of a laundry fail for them to realize the full consequences of neglecting to clean out their pockets. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived