IGNORED

Dillards 46: Now with Pants and a Possible Nose Piercing

Coconut Flan

I use Salonpas patches a lot for muscle pain and so they've become my go to bookmark. Makes the book smell nice too :my_biggrin:  I used to have actual bookmarks with nice quotes on them, but that stash got lost in one of my moves.

Re: the  chocolate mess dessert...I just dont get it. Maybe cause I'm not a big chocolate fan. But when I saw that picture I did think "who's birthday is it?"  Not that I don't enjoy a bday freebie myself, but still the first thing I think of when I see that mess thing.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2017 at 2:03 PM, VelociRapture said:

Yes!!!! I’m a white woman who does not feel under attack by black people - I feel under attack by the white men on Capitol Hill. I’m not worried that I’m going to be killed in a terrorist attack or street violence - I’m worried I’m going to be killed by a rabid white dude with a chip on his shoulder and access to guns that he probably shouldn’t have. I’m not worried about Hispanics taking our jobs - I’m worried that the tax bills proposed by white guys will make a decent life next to impossible for some of the people I care about. And I’m not worried about being attacked in a bathroom by a Transgender woman - I am worried about being attacked or raped by people like Brock Turner, Stanford Dumpster Rapist, and Matt Lauer though. 

Derick, like Trump, needs someone to take away his internet access. 

Preachhh!

Interestingly, I am very involved with the autism community here in my college town, both as a parent and as a professional. Usually this community is SUPER awesome with our people. I was filling in for a job coach in supported employment last week. The sweet fella I was working with has moderate autism. He has a job in retail (can I tell you that you people working retail during the holidays get ALL THE RESPECT) and he works the register. He has a script he follows and does need help with counting cash, or certain returns etc. It's clear that he has a disability but he's out there KILLING it. I've noticed over the last 5 years with my daughter, other kiddos and young people and now with him, that the times that people have been rude or cruel in public, it has ALWAYS been white women, usually ages 55 and up. Always well dressed and put together. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. 

Why is this??

3 hours ago, Calypso said:

Does anyone else feel like this is a comeback to all the people who called her a grifter for only getting the chocolate mess when it was free on birthdays

Gosh, I wonder if they get paid every time a member of the family posts about the chocolate mess. 

And it really doesn't look appetizing, but maybe it can't look good alongside Derick.

I would do horrible and nasty things to that chocolate mess. Seriously. If you guys don’t want it then ship it to me. I’d be more than thrilled to take it off your hands!

(You’ll also need to ship me a crane and a dump truck because I’m going to need help leaving my house after eating all those.  :pb_lol:)

The only "mess" I'd be interested in eating would that English classic, Eton Mess.  It's a mixture of meringues, whipped cream and fresh strawberries, served with a strawberry sauce and it sounds divinely delicious!  Or scrummy, as Mary Berry would say.

12 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Gosh, I wonder if they get paid every time a member of the family posts about the chocolate mess. 

And it really doesn't look appetizing, but maybe it can't look good alongside Derick.

I do not like chocolate so that doesn’t look good to me. It also looks like it’s just a bunch of that chocolate syrup that comes in a bottle, which is extra yucky IMO. 

However if there was was some variation of cheesecake mess, I’d ruin myself eating those. I could exist solely on cheesecake and be perfectly happy. 

13 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

What is that?   

It's pictures like this that make the rest of the world think Americans eat nasty garbage food.  

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

What is that?   

It's pictures like this that make the rest of the world think Americans eat nasty garbage food.  

Well, pictures like that and findings like this: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2017/p1116-fruit-vegetable-consumption.html

9 in 10 Americans don't eat enough fruits and vegetables.

I had like 6 chocolate covered strawberries yesterday, so clearly I'm not one of those people :pb_lol:

36 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Well, pictures like that and findings like this: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2017/p1116-fruit-vegetable-consumption.html

1 in 10 Americans don't eat enough fruits and vegetables.

I had like 6 chocolate covered strawberries yesterday, so clearly I'm not one of those people :pb_lol:

It counts, the same way carrot cake counts

9 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Actually, "small" correction: 9 in 10 Americans don't eat enough fruits and vegetables.

Whoops!! Thanks for catching that. Fixed it!! I can read. :kitty-shifty:

Since I’m enjoying a hospital stay food pictures make me sad and Mr.C will be getting a pretty hefty desserts and real food request. Though I am worried about him the laundry and the state the place will be in whenever I’m hopefully freed next week.

With time to kill, I dug into the social media reinvention of one Jill Dillard. I’ve come to the conclusion that why Jill’s family stuff is less relatable is because Jill herself is the central narrative, not her children and their growth the way Jesse frames it, often not even in the photos herself. Jill seems to be trying to blend the Vuolos’ style of lovey dovey/ ministry posts with Jessa’s family centric one. 

2 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

What is that?   

As a Canadian who ate the last dregs of the chocolate ice cream out of the box this morning for breakfast, I will sacrifice myself and 'dispose of' these nasty garbage giant ice cream sundaes with whipped cream and chocolate sauce, so that America and the rest of the world may be spared.

Usually I'm all about chocolate, but I just feel terrible for those poor dishwashers who have to wash all that chocolate sauce off the glasses. Those definitely would have to get a pre-wash by hand before they go into the Hobart.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

As a Canadian who ate the last dregs of the chocolate ice cream out of the box this morning for breakfast, I will sacrifice myself and 'dispose of' these nasty garbage giant ice cream sundaes with whipped cream and chocolate sauce, so that America and the rest of the world may be spared.

As long as you save all the poutine for this American, it's a deal. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Usually I'm all about chocolate, but I just feel terrible for those poor dishwashers who have to wash all that chocolate sauce off the glasses. Those definitely would have to get a pre-wash by hand before they go into the Hobart.

Also it seems like so much chocolate gets wasted. And that's a sin.

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Also it seems like so much chocolate gets wasted. And that's a sin.

That's what bothers me. I would be tempted to lick the glass...I should be ashamed. I am not! 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

That's what bothers me. I would be tempted to lick the glass...I should be ashamed. I am not! 

I wouldn't be ashamed either. And then I'd be pissed that only a frog has a long enough tongue to lick the entire glass.

4 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Americans DO eat nasty garbage food. (As a rule.) Corporations are allowed to poison our food and create “new” or “better” ingredients which are then RECOMMENDED by the gubmint. 

Meanwhile, those “new” or “better” ingredients and the poisons are illegal in the rest of the world. So. There’s that. 

19 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Americans DO eat nasty garbage food. (As a rule.) Corporations are allowed to poison our food and create “new” or “better” ingredients which are the. RECOMMENDED by the gubmint. 

Meanwhile, those “new” or “better” ingredients and the poisons are illegal in the rest of the world. So. There’s that. 

Can I upvote this 100x, please?  It is so true.  I think a lot of Americans who try to eat healthfully forget how most Americans eat.

23 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Americans DO eat nasty garbage food. (As a rule.) Corporations are allowed to poison our food and create “new” or “better” ingredients which are then RECOMMENDED by the gubmint. 

What are these "new" and "better" ingredients, and what legal-only-in-America poisons is the "gubmint" using on its citizens?

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

What are these "new" and "better" ingredients, and what legal-only-in-America poisons is the "gubmint" using on its citizens?

Let’s start with Monsanto and its insecticides/pesticides and their GMO seeds that the government REQUIRES farmers to use . :)

And then there’s high fructose corn syrup, which you’ll not find in European foods. GMO foods that are treated as “normal” foods. Margarine! Nasty shit!!! Highly recommended for YEARS! Milk and cheese made from cows treated with growth hormones. It’s  no secret that Americans are fatter than most of the rest of the world, and it’s down to what we eat and the way our food is produced.

i can eat wheat products in the UK all day long, but not in the USA. That’s down to the ripening agents used on US wheat crops—agents that are illegal in other countries.

I’m no alarmist, but I know first-hand how toxic American food is. 

5 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Let’s start with Monsanto and its insecticides/pesticides and their GMO seeds that the government REQUIRES farmers to use . :)

And then there’s high fructose corn syrup, which you’ll not find in European foods. GMO foods that are treated as “normal” foods. Milk and cheese made from cows treated with growth hormones. It’s  no secret that Americans are fatter than most of the rest of the world, and it’s down to what we eat and the way our food is produced.

i can eat wheat products in the UK all day long, but not in the USA. That’s down to the ripening agents used on US wheat crops—agents that are illegal in other countries.

I’m no alarmist, but I know first-hand how toxic American food is. 

I remember watching a documentary where a scientist stated the following: At a symposium where  food additives where discussed, authorities from all nations in attendance voted no on adding things like, HFCS, fatty chicken flavorings, trans fats, dyes, colorings because they did not clearly know what those additives would to to people who ingested them. The one exception was the USA, and why did  US government officials vote to allow those substances? "because it was unclear what those substances would do to people."

All other developed nations- NO to additives

The USA- Yes to additives

Reasoning- the same. The USA was willing to gamble on peoples' health.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived