IGNORED

Dillards 46: Now with Pants and a Possible Nose Piercing

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, Calypso said:

I once absent mindedly drove away from a gas station with the pump still attached to the car. Not my proudest moment

literally this is one of my biggest fears! 

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2017 at 7:03 PM, SassyPants said:

How do their supporters not see that these folks are not fully functioning adults?

Because they aren’t fully functioning adults either. 

I went to an interview for a job I really wanted - and my first professional job in my field after school - and forgot my dress shoes.  It was a 5hr drive so I made it in comfortable clothes and flip flops with my dress clothes packed up to remain clean and nicely wrinkle-free... and neglected to put the shoes in the car.  It was a working interview in the medical field and the clinic opened at 8am so zero chance of getting new shoes first.  I had dragged my boyfriend with me with plans to leave him at the hotel for moral support and to drive on the way home since it was likely to be really late, and he conveniently had black sneakers so I poached them.  I've long since learned if you act with confidence, people will overlook a lot... and that proved true in these massive black sneakers.

I got the job and I married the boyfriend, so I guess it all worked out in the end.

8 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Which one is a Nazi?

What is that whackadoodle talking about?? And yes, there were 12 tribes. And the Bible never mentions the USA. That poor, delusional twat.

I'd like to ask him what the Amazon, Nile, Jordan, Euphrates and Tigris are, but he would just call them #FAKE RIVERS

8 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

so the precious chefs whites got washed and bleached

I read to this line before I realized you were NOT, in fact, talking about a cat. 

Washed a reindeer yesterday. It was a brooch but still a first as far as I can recall. It survived being laundered well which is good since then my daughter won't kill me in my sleep, it was hers.

16 hours ago, Playagirl said:

Unfortunately there's a bunch of things that are signs of perimenopause that no one bothers to tell you:my_dodgy:

My sister and I recently had a discussion about this. As I said, "Judy Blume, you've failed us. In Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret, you did a fantastic job of telling us what to expect when things are starting up. Where is the book about things becoming less regular? It's more than personal summers."

20 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Which one is a Nazi?

What is that whackadoodle talking about?? And yes, there were 12 tribes. And the Bible never mentions the USA. That poor, delusional twat.

Sebastian Gorka is affiliated with a Hungarian nazi group. He wore their medals publicly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/sebastian-gorka-made-nazi-linked-vitezi-rend-proud-wearing-its-n742851

7 hours ago, motelmum said:

Oh no, it's out of stock! I want one! I've always wanted to sit in the pool and read without worry.

55 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Sebastian Gorka is affiliated with a Hungarian nazi group. He wore their medals publicly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/sebastian-gorka-made-nazi-linked-vitezi-rend-proud-wearing-its-n742851

What a fucker. Fuck you, Dilldick.

I know we don't believe all  of Enty Lawyer's blind items, but he sure isn't letting up on the Derrick items. My big issue with this is, who is it that would leak information like this to a gossip columnist and not the actual police? And why does he keep posting these? I can't imagine the majority of his fan base know or care about the Duggars and the posts don't get a whole lot of comments.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2017/12/blind-item-3_7.html

I can't wait for the guys that this married, now former B+ list reality star from a huge family of reality stars used to have sex with out of the country, confront him. There is no way he stopped when he came back to the US, so there are probably some guys he has been with here too but are maybe afraid to say anything. His more famous wife knows about the guys and that tragic death outside the country but stays silent. She won't ever leave him.

My contribution to the bookmark thread drift; my girlfriend's Xmas gift in progress. I do most of my knitting while at work or on transit, so this makes it easy to get to the chart fast.

20171208_095650.jpg

1 minute ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

My contribution to the bookmark thread drift; my girlfriend's Xmas gift in progress. I do most of my knitting while at work or on transit, so this makes it easy to get to the chart fast.

20171208_095650.jpg

See, I just have my knitcompanion app on my ipad, and voila, no books to carry around, my mini ipad is so easy and small and I also can follow the charts and know what line i'm on all the time, it's awesome

I LOVE the socks by the way!!!

@karen77, I usually download patterns from ravelry and knit them off my tablet, but this well-loved book predates my electronic devices. I have yet to try knitcompanion, but really should, because I've been known to freestyle knit and then wish I'd recorded proper pattern notes.

7 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

@karen77, I usually download patterns from ravelry and knit them off my tablet, but this well-loved book predates my electronic devices. I have yet to try knitcompanion, but really should, because I've been known to freestyle knit and then wish I'd recorded proper pattern notes.

I really like it as an app. And for my book patterns, I just scan them in and then put them in the app, ha!

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I almost left the house with my jeans inside out last week. I considered leaving them that way because I was on my way to a jury selection summons and didn't want to get picked (thankfully the trial got cancelled).

small world. I also had jury duty for a trial that was cancelled :)

I have a shirt that I wear inside out all the time. Last fall I put it on in the morning and was so proud of myself for remembering to make sure I wasn't wearing it inside out again. It wasn't until I was in the car that I realized I had forgotten to button it up past the two lowest buttons. I was glad I at least realized before anyone else saw me, since all I was wearing underneath was a bra.

@VeryNikeSeamstress, are you using he Magic Loop or two circulars  on your socks?  When we went to the Hello Kitty Cafe when it was in Charlotte,  we stood in line next two two women  knitters knitting socks on two circulars.  They were knitting so much faster than I can.

ETA:  My laundry fail for today:  I went to put my wash in the dryer and they didn't feel all that wet.  I'd forgotten to start the water!

I'm on 23 (soon to be 24) and I literally spent half an hour looking for my car keys and crying when I couldn't find them. After my sister had enough of being amused with me, she promptly told me they were in my car that I had turned on to warm it up. 

@PennySycamore, two circulars, toe up. Most of the patterns in that book (Op Art Socks) are done that way because it means less breaks in the colourwork. I do everything on circulars because they travel well, and have done magic loop on shorter needles before. Even with tip guards, I tend to lose stitches when I shove projects on dpns into my purse.

Please tell me there's an FJ yarn crafts club!

3 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Oh, I’m in!

7 hours ago, MarcyMM said:

I know we don't believe all  of Enty Lawyer's blind items, but he sure isn't letting up on the Derrick items. My big issue with this is, who is it that would leak information like this to a gossip columnist and not the actual police? And why does he keep posting these? I can't imagine the majority of his fan base know or care about the Duggars and the posts don't get a whole lot of comments.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2017/12/blind-item-3_7.html

I don’t believe in his blind items, but even if I did I wouldn’t think this was Derrick. In what world would he be a B+ star with an even more famous wife?

I would say they rank just slightly above guys that jump up behind live news casters and people that get filmed in the crowd at sporting events. 

Does anyone else feel like this is a comeback to all the people who called her a grifter for only getting the chocolate mess when it was free on birthdays

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@VeryNikeSeamstress, are you using he Magic Loop or two circulars  on your socks?  When we went to the Hello Kitty Cafe when it was in Charlotte,  we stood in line next two two women  knitters knitting socks on two circulars.  They were knitting so much faster than I can.

ETA:  My laundry fail for today:  I went to put my wash in the dryer and they didn't feel all that wet.  I'd forgotten to start the water!

That's how I knit all my socks!!! 

4 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

@PennySycamore, two circulars, toe up. Most of the patterns in that book (Op Art Socks) are done that way because it means less breaks in the colourwork. I do everything on circulars because they travel well, and have done magic loop on shorter needles before. Even with tip guards, I tend to lose stitches when I shove projects on dpns into my purse.

There is and we have a (not very active) Ravelry group!

9 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

That’s how I usually get my patterns now as well.  Saves paper!  Awesome socks, by the way :562479a21db1d_Somethingsinthatthurairlove:!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived