IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 7: Not Pregnant Yet - Oops They Are Expecting

samurai_sarah

45 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Even if only 5 of the Duggars have 8 kids, that's 40 grandkids! Will JB and Michelle be able to remember everyone's names?

Not a chance!

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad thinks he has over 100 first cousins but he's not sure. He doesn't know most of them. My maternal grandma is similar, she probably doesn't have 100 but maybe over 50? She also doesn't know most of them. This will probably be what happens with the Duggar grandkids. I'm sure most of them won't be able to name all of their first cousins.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

My dad thinks he has over 100 first cousins but he's not sure. He doesn't know most of them. My maternal grandma is similar, she probably doesn't have 100 but maybe over 50? She also doesn't know most of them. This will probably be what happens with the Duggar grandkids. I'm sure most of them won't be able to name all of their first cousins.

I give it 10 years and several Duggar siblings will not be talk to each other, or may not ever see each other again.  Depending on where they end up how many kids and their financial status getting all 19 children and all their kids in one place at 1 time will be impossible, not even for their parents funeral, I can promise at least 1 of them won't have the funds to travel probably 4 or 5 of them, and then there will be those who just don't care, they will have escaped TTH and the cult and not be allowed back into the fold.

I think JinJer will fade away from the family, I get the feeling Jeremy will stop hanging around when the TLC gravy train runs dry. Her and Jessa will always be close, and she will still keep in contact with Joe, Joy, Jana, Si, JD, some of the howlers and Jordyn (wasn't she her buddy) But I don't see her and Jill staying close.  I also see the Joshly & the Dillards being pushed out as well. Once we get a male Duggar are that ISN'T the spawn of Joshly Boob can be happy that someone will carry on his cult family name.

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Michelle and Anna were pregnant at the same time twice. First was Mackynzie and Josie and then Michael and Jubilee overlapped I'm sure.

They didn't overlap with Jubilee.  Michael was born June 15, 2011 while Jubilee wasn't due until Spring 2012.  I believe she was due in May (I was due that April and remembered that she was due a few weeks after). 

13 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I give it 10 years and several Duggar siblings will not be talk to each other, or may not ever see each other again.  Depending on where they end up how many kids and their financial status getting all 19 children and all their kids in one place at 1 time will be impossible, not even for their parents funeral, I can promise at least 1 of them won't have the funds to travel probably 4 or 5 of them, and then there will be those who just don't care, they will have escaped TTH and the cult and not be allowed back into the fold.

Given that there are 19 kids, odds are decent there will be those who will completely go off on a different path (eventually) and others who will stay the course as laid out by JD and J'chelle no matter what.   At that point I can see complete discord between the true believers, like Jill, and those who actually seek out a normal and independent life away from the family cult. 

To some extent, we may already seen this with Josh, who may not be on board on the family BS (and could have gotten out via his opportunity in DC but screwed it up) but is now completely trapped between being married to a true believer wife, no education and a reputation in the gutter.  Some of the others, like Jinger, may eventually get out.  Yes, Jeremy is many things but he seems independent, knows his own mind and as another poster pointed out, not in thrall to JB.  So I can see Jinger carving out a life that eventually will involve moving away from her family.   She's only 24 and has plenty of time to learn and grow.  She seems to be married to someone who encourages that.

So a lot will depend on the individual kid plus whomever they marry.  If the spouse is responsible and supportive as Austin and Jeremy seem to be, that will be a big difference.   If the spouse messes up like Josh and Derick, then not so much.

I have talked about this before how I only have 2 first cousins. I can't imagine having anymore. Although I wish I had first cousins I actually liked. 

7 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

I like how two seconds after the announcement, we get new season info. 

right? also how far behind will this dang season be? I kind of hope that they dont do joe and kendra's wedding prep for this whole dang season, or at least give us more than like what, 6 (dry and boring) episodes? Who even knows anymore!

I wish they'd realize we don't particularly care to see the same old planning for a wedding BS and skip ahead to new stuff. Part of the reason they can never keep up is because they're so busy retreading over the same wedding storylines over and over and insist on showing us planning for events that we've already seen!!! Like, fine, if this show has to be mostly based on weddings and babies then include the birth stories and the wedding days but pepper those episodes amongst ones where they do other activities, like the house flipping, or have one of them do something different like have Jana open a cake shop or something in that old tattoo parlor that's listed in her name.

4 hours ago, seraaa said:

I don't see why the boys have to get married before they leave home - it's a given that the girls do, but is it really so for the boys as well? I don't know why he and JD haven't upped and left already

I just think about all those boys sharing a room. I'm sorry but teenage boys stink. There's no getting around it. Every time they film the boys' room (when Joseph was leaving letters to everyone) you could just about smell that room through the tv screen. I'm pregnant though so my nose is super sensitive LOL

I think they have 9 (was 10 with Joseph just moving out)

Cousin Tyler- who is 10-12ish?

John-David - 27

Josiah - 21

Jed - 19

Jer - 19

Jason- 17

James - 16

Justin - 15

Jackson- 13

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

JD owns a house but doesn’t live in it; this was confirmed during the GMA segment prior to the launch of CO when JD raised his hand when asked who still lived at the TTH. My guess is that he’s probably renting the house out until he gets married, though whether JD gets to keep the money or whether it goes into some kind of communal Duggar pot is unclear. I don’t think any of the unmarried kidults would ever be allowed to live on their own or even with one or two siblings, because that would mean leaving JB’s umbrella of protection. 

Thank you!

On 12/18/2017 at 11:28 AM, VBOY9977 said:

I can’t even imagina what Kendra will look like pregnant. She still looks 15 to me.

Pregnancy and new borns age you though lol. I think I aged like 10 years haha

I come from a large family as does my mother, I have 25 first cousins on my mom's side, there are ten of us, so my grandmother had 35 grandchildren.   My mom was the oldest in her family, my aunt and my oldest sister are a year apart. My mom has 19 grandchildren, which I consider pretty good considering only half of my siblings  and I had kids, of the nineteen, fifteen are married. I find that fascinating in itself because my oldest nephew is only 34.  My mom now has over 15 great-grandchildren and the oldest of those children is 5. It looks like it is going to be a wild ride with our next generation. 

5 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I'm curious about when Josiah will court again. It's been kind of a while since the Marjorie incident and if he was ready to court then, I'd imagine he's probably ready to find a new girl and get the hell out of the TTH.

Weird question, and it might have already been mentioned somewhere! Things are nuts right now! Ashley Salyer had an IG story from the Bateseses wedding and it looked like one pic was with Kendra's sister. If it is, why would she be traveling with the Duggars to a wedding? 

21 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Weird question, and it might have already been mentioned somewhere! Things are nuts right now! Ashley Salyer had an IG story from the Bateseses wedding and it looked like one pic was with Kendra's sister. If it is, why would she be traveling with the Duggars to a wedding? 

Some possibilities:

-She's friends with Tori in her own right. I've never heard of the Bateses and the Caldwells being friends but plenty goes on behind the scenes that we never see or hear about so who knows.

-She's courting one of the Duggar boys.

-Wildcard: she's courting Trace Bates. They would make a cute couple, actually!

3 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Not a chance!

I doubt those two even know their own kids names. And not much else about them. It's sad actually. Remember the episodes of Michelle doing stuff with her kids? She seemed very distant. 

I remember that really cringy photo of Josh, Anna, JB&M posing together when both of them were pregnant. Ugh.

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

I like how two seconds after the announcement, we get new season info. 

Not surprised. I think Joy's announcement of being pregnant came with news of the upcoming season. 

It's crazy how far behind the show is. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I remember that really cringy photo of Josh, Anna, JB&M posing together when both of them were pregnant. Ugh.

The kiss over the crib is one I think I remember, or am I wrong about that? So many cringe worthy moments for sure!:eyewash:

It's ridiculous that I've continued watching the show as long as I have, but I'm not going to watch another millisecond of it if it turns out that next season is going to be Joe & Kendra's wedding prep. Nope. No way. I'm done.

4 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

That's crazy! I can't imagine having that many cousins/neices/nephews. FJers who grew up in big families-- did you/your siblings decide to have a big family too? Even if only 5 of the Duggars have 8 kids, that's 40 grandkids! Will JB and Michelle be able to remember everyone's names?

Michelle and Jim Bob don't bother with their own kids, I don't think they would spend much if any time getting to know their grand kids

5 hours ago, nst said:

i have been saying that for months 

And we all know that sooner or later (probably sooner) you will be right. There is no stop in the army making. 

4 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Will JB and Michelle be able to remember everyone's names?

:pb_lol:

No. 

Random insert:  I have two teen boys and they really, really, really don't smell.  As it happens, both of them keep their rooms neat and they shower daily.  My teen nieces, by contrast, have really messy rooms! (I don't think they are smelly, though :) .) 

I know it seems petty, but I strive to challenge stereotypes about boys and teenagers.  I think they get a bad rap.  some teen boys are probably smelly, but not all.

Thanks for listening.   

18 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Because at this point Becky has become a byword for "archetypal white girl", I feel like Kendra would be entering the realm of self-parody if she named her daughter Becky. 

We picked Rebecca as our girl name if we have a second daughter. If that happens I really want to announce her birth by posting a photo proclaiming her to be Becky with the good hair.

(Husband will probably veto that idea because he’s a fun killer. :pb_lol:)

5 hours ago, Ace3 said:

My sister too! Almost 3 years of trying (they have an almost 4 year old) and we are just beside ourselves with joy! She is due July 17th :) Congrats to your family too!!

Congratulations and thank you! That’s so exciting for you guys! :) 

@ItaliangirlI think you asked when Kendra would be due... not having a general idea of how far along she is could give a due date between very late May and late August. My best bet would be June 24 through July 15 though - those dates would put her around 10-13 weeks pregnant, which is when most of the Duggar offspring have announced pregnancies. 

ETA: And I can’t remember who said Kendra is only 18, but that’s not correct. She was born August 11, 1998 - so she’s actually 19. She’ll still be 19 when the baby arrives, but she’ll probably be pretty close to turning 20 at that point.

@Italiangirl - I found out I was pregnant with twins at 7 weeks when I went in for a confirmation ultrasound. Kendra may know by now if she's carrying multiples.

Totally not on topic, but I envy Kendra's hair. I used to have long, thick hair like hers but age, pregnancies, and hormonal shifts have caused significant hair loss. I now use Nioxxin and Horse Mane 'n Tail to help bring some of the luster back.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived