IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 7: Not Pregnant Yet - Oops They Are Expecting

samurai_sarah

I'm kind of surprised that the date on the mugs in their announcement is 2018. I know she's not going to actually give birth until 2018, but given their beliefs on abortion, conception etc it's surprising they didn't start calling themselves Mom and Dad the second the sperm hit the egg.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

She deserves better than being a teen mom but she's happy because she has everything she has been brainwashed and programmed to want because she never got to consider any other dream for her life. Sigh.

Late to the party as usual, but the one of the saddest parts of the D and most fundie clans dogma is that their daughters are raised to expectations no better than my summer sheep.  You are here to breed, and breed you will.  No other options.

Ya know, some people are just not cut out to be parents.... so sad these young women don't ever get a chance to even figure out alternative futures other than babies.

I know Kendra is young, but honest I've met middle schoolers who come off as more mature and self-possessed. I'm not remotely shocked by this announcement, but it does make me sad. They could have waited a year or two and still had eleventy babies. 

I couldn't help but notice that there are no actual pics of Kendra's baby bump in any of the announcements. I'm wondering if they're trying to avoid discussions about her body or speculation about how far along she is (and premarital sex), and if that has anything to do with tabloid reactions to Joy's pregnancy.

My dad is one of 11 and my mom is one of 10. Dad has 12 grandchildren (including myself and my two siblings) while my mom has 31 (with more to come). I've told my siblings no more than 2 children each (which what my parents were aiming for before me and my brother came as twins. You guys are some of the first people I've "met" who have a million cousins like mine! My two cousins that had their weddings back to back weekends on my dad side it was amazing because we all got cousin pics without it being overwhelming and annoying. My mom;s side everyone is so spread out that I doubt it will ever happen.

I'm from a big family, too. We were on holiday in the Dominican Republic before at some mall...and my dad and this guy see each other and go "heyyyyy!" and hug and talk and what not...turns out, it was one of his 60 something first cousins. Like HOW? Neither had any idea that the other one was on holiday in the same country as them. It was bizarre. Still picking my jaw off the ground every time I think about this one. 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Kendra's age makes her a prime candidate for a tryndy name. You know we're getting one if she has a girl. 

See you in June, Lakynn Faith!

ETA: My new user title is FABULOUS!

This is the most perfect FJ post I've ever seen... From the Mommy's Little Sunshine reference to your love of TFDW, pecan thief - ahem, I mean Bible-Bee-bag-carrying Pecan Gleaner.   :P

13 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Michelle and Anna were pregnant at the same time twice. First was Mackynzie and Josie and then Michael and Jubilee overlapped I'm sure.

I pretty sure the Michael and Jubilee pregnancies didn't overlap. He was born June 15, 2011 and the miscarriage was announced December 9, 2011. The difference between the two dates is 25 weeks 2 days and according to Michelle she was only 19 weeks pregnant at the time.

Don't know if anyone suggested this already, but can we start a thread just for guessing new-coming babies gender, name, size, etc. This way their will be one local place for them all instead of going between threads.

My great grandfather ran a dairy farm and named his cows born each year with a progressing letter of the alphabet.  When my grandmother (Dottie*) and great aunt (Elizabeth*) were born, their names were chosen to fit in with the cow themes of the year.  I have always loved this fact, since I have a real love for cows...

*not real names but similar

9 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I know someone who had parents who both were only children. So he had no cousins and his maternal grandparents were already gone when he & his sister were born. He married a girl who came from a large extended family on the day of their wedding she still had 3 grandparents. 

I am an only child. My parents have no siblings as well. My maternal Grandma has no siblings. My maternal Grandpa has two siblings without offspring. My paternal Grandma died when my father was a teenager. She has siblings. One of them has offspring. But sadly we have no contact to that side of the family. My paternal Grandpa has siblings, and I think they have children too, but no contact as well.

It sucks. 

35 minutes ago, Gobbles said:

I am an only child. My parents have no siblings as well. My maternal Grandma has no siblings. My maternal Grandpa has two siblings without offspring. My paternal Grandma died when my father was a teenager. She has siblings. One of them has offspring. But sadly we have no contact to that side of the family. My paternal Grandpa has siblings, and I think they have children too, but no contact as well.

It sucks. 

I’m an only child, I can’t imagine how awful it would be not to have a ton of cousins too! 

My mum is one of 10 (she’s number 9) and I have around 30 first cousins just on her side. From those 30 there’s currently 40+ children and there’s still a few of us that are yet to possibly have children. I’m the youngest at 22 and the eldest is 54, her eldest daughter is 32 and her other is 24 so actually older than me even though I’m up a generation from them, it’s weird! I love having so many cousins though, especially since I have no siblings. I have cousins that I’m super close to and feel like siblings and I’m really thankful for that! 

Maybe weirdest thing about my family though is my eldest aunt is old enough to be my great grandmother, she was born during WW2! Since my grandmother died before I was born, and I was born at a similar time to this aunts grandchildren, she has always treated me as though I’m her grandchild. My Fiancé who comes from a family who is middle sized but not very close finds it really strange how close my family is! 

Its a pain when planning a wedding though and trying to limit guest size! 

For the longest time, I was one of four grandkids on my mum's side, and four grandkids on my dad's. Two girls, two boys on each side, all quite close in age.

Then my dad and his brother both remarried, and there was a kind of second wave of grandkids on my dad's side. My grandfather now has four grandchildren born close together in the late 80s/early 90s, and four more born in the 21st century. It feels like an additional generation, and is rather nice.

5 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

My dad is one of 11 and my mom is one of 10. Dad has 12 grandchildren (including myself and my two siblings) while my mom has 31 (with more to come). I've told my siblings no more than 2 children each (which what my parents were aiming for before me and my brother came as twins.

OK I'm confused now - you are one of your Dad's 12 grandchildren? And wouldn't your mom and dad have the same number of grandchildren or did one of them get married twice? 

My parents both come from huge religious families.  Neither them nor any of their siblings had many children, and nearly everyone is now non-religious (except one lone aunt/uncle + their kids).  To the point where non-church weddings are the norm in the family now, which was unspeakable when my parents were growing up.  In fact an aunt was almost shunned for marrying someone of a different (yet basically the same for all intents and purposes) branch of the religion.

7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

couldn't help but notice that there are no actual pics of Kendra's baby bump in any of the announcements.

She's visible in Jordyn's birthday video, sitting on Joe's lap.

4 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

@SapphireSlytherin  she's visible, but sitting. I was referring to the stomach puffed, back arched, hands under belly (with optional heart fingers) pose.

Maybe, unlike her SILs, she just isn't showing that much, like Alyssa Bates?

Woo I'm all caught up and my post is still relevant! (this never happens)

Both of my parents are one of six kids, and there are six grand kids on my mom's side (I'm the oldest) and then nineteen on my dad's side (I am the second oldest). My mom's side isn't all that close, mainly due to family dynamics that are pretty standard and not all that interesting, but my dad's side is really really close- the oldest cousin is 31 and the youngest is 16, and we all grew up in the same town (most of us on the same side of town). I regularly hang out with my cousins and we all get together frequently- my grandma will send out a dinner invitation randomly about once a month and at least 15 people will show up. 

To me, it's normal and I love having so many cousins that are so close, and are more like siblings (I only have one sister), but it really stresses out my boyfriend, who comes from a really small family so we've had to compromise on family things he has to attend.

Families are so interesting! I love reading about everyone's different families.

I lived one town over from my cousins. We went to different schools though. My girl cousin is 8 years older then but was never really nice. My aunt's best friend has a daughter the same age as my cousin. When I was 10 & I am 37 I told my mother I wanted my aunt's best friends daughter to be my cousin and not the one I have and I still do. 

53 minutes ago, Cat Damon said:

Woo I'm all caught up and my post is still relevant! (this never happens).

Haha, this is so me. And sometimes I have such good comments too. Just five pages to late. :)

Ever wonder if some of the older Dugger kidlets are just waiting for the gravy train to pull out of the station (or totally derail!) so that they can court and marry in private?   

On 12/19/2017 at 11:17 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

I need to fix her up with my dad. Then I'd know alllllll the scoop. lol

Fixing her up with somebody is not a bad idea.  Many older people remarry, and it might provide her with an escape route out of the TTH not to mention companionship. I bet there are Christian single groups, but I can't see Jim Bob letting her out. When her husband died JimBlob became her headship and holds that umbrella over her.

16 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

My dad is one of 11 and my mom is one of 10. D

I have a bazillion cousins, too. My dad was one of 14 and my mom one of 11!   

6 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I have a bazillion cousins, too. My dad was one of 14 and my mom one of 11!   

Oh my. I don't think that is my idea of a nightmare!!  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived