IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 7: Not Pregnant Yet - Oops They Are Expecting

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

To add to the cousin talk, I have a very average three first cousins on one side and two on the other. However, my grandmother was a professional genealogist, so we know all sorts of random third cousins four times removed and double second cousins. We rarely had to buy a hotel room when we were traveling because invariably we had some distant relation wherever we were. It even got to the point that when we started dating, she would ask us our current beau’s last name to see if we were kin. :pb_lol: She once told my brother, “be nice to everybody...they’re probably your cousins.”

Your grandmother sounds like she needs to start her own genealogy app like they have in Iceland to see if your too closely related.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's the most LUDICROUS show on television. I don't know how anyone could not know they're pregnant, even though I've heard it claimed dozens of times. 

My friends daughter in law had this happen to her with baby #3. No on had any idea, I saw her the day before she gave birth she looked totally normal, I was STUNNED when I got a call the following afternoon that she'd had a baby, I was like WHAT you mean she's pregnant again? And my friend was like NO she had a 7lbs baby at 11:00 this morning, she was rushed to the hospital from work with excruciating pain and vomiting and gave birth in the ER that was how they figured out what was wrong with her.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I don't know how anyone could not know they're pregnant

When I was doing vet work in Ecuador & the Galapagos, I stayed in the same hostel as someone doing doctors without boarders.  He said they have such a hardcore Catholic sway over the Islands there is zero sex education so he had encountered a number of young girls, 13-15 or so, in labor who didn't know they were pregnant or how they could have gotten that way.  I didn't confirm this but have always thought it sounded so, so sad.

Does not apply to the American-made show, of course, but just made me think of it.

3 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Has anyone ever seen "Sex sent me to the ER"? It's great to watch while drunk:pb_lol: One story was about doing it in a tree, which the man then fell out of

Yes!!! Husband and I thought it was hysterical how they always included shots of random stuff shaking while the characters were going at it. 

It's the most LUDICROUS show on television. I don't know how anyone could not know they're pregnant, even though I've heard it claimed dozens of times. 
The only one where I heard the story and went okay sounds somewhat credible was a woman who after her 3rd child had a c-section and a tubal done right after. She went home went about her life. In the midst of her pregnancy she was involved in a bad car accident where she was left with a broken leg. She chalked up the ensuing weight gain and back pain as side effects of reduced mobility and the accident. Any movement she may have felt she wrote off as her imaging things since she had had the tubal. One morning she wakes up in agonizing pain and thought it was her gall bladder. She drove herself to the hospital. They were all we're going to run a pregnancy test and she was all okay, but I had a tubal performed here a year ago. Comes back she's in labor. She calls the father and he's all nice joke honey and she was all yeah no joke get ready to welcome child 4. Seeing that one I went a mixture of wanting to think the surgery with a 3% hadn't failed is understandable.

16 hours ago, Bethella said:

There's also Carri, who thought she was having twins and attempted a homebirth that went very badly. 

So tragic. Apparently I'd already read some of those threads at some point but can't for the life of me remember when. I wonder how Carri and her family are doing. The God-talk in those blog posts sounds so sad and desperate to me. I think I'd feel very duped by my religion in a circumstance like that.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

*snip* I suspect that, in her case at least, there was a psychological pregnancy denial influenced by the extreme disapproval she'd face by acknowledging she was pregnant. Here's a good article on it, although it does talk about infanticide, so view at your own risk.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/the-babies-in-the-freezer-neonaticide-pregnancy-denial-mental-illness-95639

That's a really powerful read that links to solid sources. I had no idea pregnancy denial was this common or widely studied. I used to get a kick out of watching "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant," but now I don't think I can look at it quite the same way.

I was 18 weeks pregnant with my 3rd when I found out I was pregnant. Lol. I had two very closely spaced pregnancies (born 12 months apart) and got on the pill immediately after baby two was born. I was already pretty overweight after the first two so didn't notice any extra filling out. About four months later I had my 3rd baby. I mean I am very thankful how easy it was getting pregnant... But he is 13 months apart from my 2nd. If I was a duggar I'd have a baby about every year.... So if I was fertile until my late forties I'd have about 19-25 kids. I don't think that would be fair to them by any stretch. But I almost died when my first and third were born so I'd probably be long gone before having that many from dying of childbirth.

what I find hard to understand about the duggar ways about being profusely against birth control, is that do they think God cannot break that barrier? The pill (a tubal) condoms, NFP etc? What about moms mental and physical health? What about the kids?!! You just cannot I've the time and attention to 19 kids, sorry but it's not possible. What happens when moms life is endangered by another childbirth?

My coworker didn’t realize she was pregnant until she was 22 weeks along. Her daughters third birthday is today. She has PCOS, and her and her husband had been trying to get pregnant for over seven years with not even one positive pregnancy test. After missing her period she took several tests that all came out negative. She began to suspect early menopause at 43, as many women in her family had hit menopause in their late 40s. She had many symptoms, including fast hair growth, breast size change, weight gain, etc. But each time she took a test it was negative. She ended up finally going to her doctor after she noticed her nipples getting larger and darker. They drew blood and called her with the good news two days later. 

Looking back she says it was clear she was having pregnancy symptoms, but the negative tests had her convinced that it was just menopause. Also, she’s obese, maybe even morbidly obese, so her tummy never got much bigger and her other symptoms seemed milder in comparison to many other women. 

(I'm not talking about finding out halfway through pregnancy that it's a fact - I'm talking about popping out a baby and saying, "I didn't know I was pregnant.")

My uncle’s wife went through that. She had some pain and told her mom to look to see what was going on. Her mom looked and told her she was giving birth. She had no idea she was pregnant!!! My uncle and her hadn’t even been dating for so long and he was in another country studying so he found out over the phone! My grandma didn’t even know he was dating anyone so it was a complete shock

all is well now, they have 3 kids and have been married for 26 years now, but it was absolutely crazy when it happened

4 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

So tragic. Apparently I'd already read some of those threads at some point but can't for the life of me remember when. I wonder how Carri and her family are doing. The God-talk in those blog posts sounds so sad and desperate to me. I think I'd feel very duped by my religion in a circumstance like that.

That's a really powerful read that links to solid sources. I had no idea pregnancy denial was this common or widely studied. I used to get a kick out of watching "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant," but now I don't think I can look at it quite the same way.

This is also why some young women have killed their babies after giving birth secretly. There was one case in Iowa where a young woman left the baby in a field and it died, this was the case that finally got Iowa to pass a Safe Haven Law that has now saved 30 babies here since 2002.  A lot of these girls/women live in religiously oppressive homes. I still remember this story and the fact that you woman wasn't charged for throwing her newborn out a 17th story window.  The fear you have to feel to do something so horrific is unimaginable.   

9 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Has anyone ever seen "Sex sent me to the ER"? It's great to watch while drunk:pb_lol: One story was about doing it in a tree, which the man then fell out of

I'll have to suggest doing this to a friend. With the friend I'm thinking of, usually her fiancé comes with her when she's in town. He doesn't drink. So he'll just have to sit there and watch us get drunk and giggle.

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Interestingly enough, this happened to a woman in my former in-laws' family. She was young (I want to say 16...) and the family was extremely conservative. One day she was going to the bathroom and "surprise!", she had a baby right then and there. I suspect that, in her case at least, there was a psychological pregnancy denial influenced by the extreme disapproval she'd face by acknowledging she was pregnant. Here's a good article on it, although it does talk about infanticide, so view at your own risk.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/the-babies-in-the-freezer-neonaticide-pregnancy-denial-mental-illness-95639

That was really interesting to read! I had no idea that psychological denial with pregnancy existed to such an extent, nor that it was studied. The details about the infanticifde were disturbing, so I'll echo the warning about that to anyone who is interested in reading it. The author also talks about the treatment of women with psychosis in the judicial system, and briefly mentions Andrea Yates.

4 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

I won't look at it the same way either.

Stories about intelligent women not having typical pregnancy symptoms or whatever are just scary. Like if you were at a sleepover and feeling ghost stories, tell real stories about that. I'm not trying to make light of what these women experience, especially the horror stories about infanticide, but the idea of "SURPRISE!! YOU HAVE A BABY!!" is scary as shit.

11 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Or the episode where they thought melted gummy bears would be like melted candle wax? Candle wax will cool pretty quickly, the gummy bears-not so much. Some pretty serious burns if I remember correctly. 

I LOOVE Sex Sent Me to the ER. One of the weirdest episodes I saw was something about a woman sticking some kind of a tuber up her hoo hah for pagan reasons.

As for I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, that's some scary stuff. I'm currently at least a week overdue in my cycle,  but thankfully the only way I could be pregnant is if aliens abducted me in my sleep. If I pop out a little green baby in 9 months I'll name them EffJaye.

I went to undergrad with a girl who had no idea she was pregnant until the baby popped out. She was 20, and looking back she did have a flu during what would have been the first trimester, but beyond that no noticeable vomiting or morning sickness. Over the course of nine months she lost weight and looked skinnier than ever. Labor started and she thought she had appendicitis and was taken from the dorm to the hospital... and never came back that semester because she got lucky and had a perfectly healthy baby girl. 

Turns out the way her uterus was tilted she carried "inward." So weird. Especially when it's someone I've shared a bathroom with and seen every day for nine months. Like literally no clues she was pregnant. 

If you like sex sent me to the ER, there's another show , I cant think of the name right now but it's some show about funny emergencies. Anyway you can look on YouTube and there's a video and 911 of a hotel worker having to call because a hotel guest tried to have sex with the pool filter and got stuck. The caller can't stop laughing and keeps choking and saying "oh my God it must be shriveled to all hell"

17 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

This happened to my mother.  She was nearing 40 and thought it might be menopause.  She had already had 2 kids and is a doctor.  It was ectopic so it wasn't 9 months before she found out, but when she was in the ER and her student was ordering tests she insisted she could not be pregnant.  We always thank him for not listening to her when we see him around, as any delay to do only the tests she wanted would have killed her.  

My son's birth mom didn't know she was pregnant until she was 5 months pregnant with him. In her defense, she was 19, and my son has a brother 11 months older than he is (my son was a preemie so they should have been about 13 months different in age) so I'm sure hormones and just general body whackiness meant she didn't realize.

Our family didn't find out my cousin and his ex were expecting until she was six months pregnant. They were both teenagers and it wasn't until her PE teacher noticed she had put on lot of weight for someone doing sports everyday and called her mother to voice her concern that we found out. It was originally thought she was three months pregnant until the ultrasound confirmed she was six months along.

On 12/19/2017 at 4:02 PM, VelociRapture said:

We picked Rebecca as our girl name if we have a second daughter. If that happens I really want to announce her birth by posting a photo proclaiming her to be Becky with the good hair.

Please please do this. I’m a Rebecca (not with this spelling, it would be great). 

Also one of my fave spellings is Rebeckah. Yes, I’m weird. I have a weirder version than that too! 

I remember a year ago or so, there was talk that Kendra's younger sister was "friends" with one of the Duggar boys.   I think it was Jerimiah or Josiah.    She also came along with their Dad to Kendra's engagement surprise.   She would still be 17 I think.   Probably they wouldn't go for a courtship before she's 18.

I have the sense that Michele is a lot more involved in parenting now that the older girls are gone.   I think the Duggar kids love it when their cousins come over.   The Duggar house is like the funny party house.   Lots of Birthday parties, Valentine's Parties always a big get together.   There might be rifts here and there, I think Jeremy can't stand the whole Duggar thing and that's sad because Jiner is so close to her sisters.   He intentionally keeps her away.   They are young, DINKS they should be able to get back for every wedding and get together.   He strictly limits her access to her family.   I think if it were up to Jinger she'd be around more, her sisters are her best friends, she's living down in Waco bored I'm guessing, Jeremy is always out at his low paying preacher job and she's bored and wishes she was with her sisters and she loves babies so she's wishing she was with them and all their new babies.   Jeremy jerk keeps her away.

The only thing I want to see next season is Joy and Austin's house all fixed up!    I want to see what he did with that.   It will be so boring if it's another season of wedding planning.   I think Kendra's wedding planning would make for terribly boring TV.   

I don't think Jeremy is intentionally keeping Jinger away, or that she's unhappy. If anything she seemed less happy as an eyerolling teenager in the TTH. As for not making it to every wedding/birthday/etc, this seems like normal behaviour for a young adults starting out in a new city. Jeremy has a job outside of TLC, and can't just hop on a plane at the drop of the hat. I think Jinger likes babies, but she's never been as fixated on them as her mother and sisters. 

Instagram only shows carefully edited and curated moments of people's lives, and we'll never truly know how Jinger feels, but I'm not seeing a bored housewife who misses her big family. I think she'd like it if Jessa moved closer to her, but doesn't miss the pandemonium of big family life.

A friend from high school didn't know she was pregnant until she gave birth.

Missed periods?  Well, she'd dealt with irregular periods for a while, and she had quite a bit of spotting, so between her history or irregular menstruation and the spotting, she didn't see anything out of the ordinary.  She was also on BC (which obviously failed), but it's not terribly uncommon for women to miss periods on BC.  So again, less reason to suspect pregnancy.

Body changes?  Well, she is a very tall woman with a long torso, AND a very large woman.  Yes, she gained weight, but it wasn't enough to worry her and her belly never "popped" out enough to be obviously a pregnancy.  I saw her in what turned out to be the later stages of her pregnancy, and pardon my bluntness, but she didn't look pregnant AT ALL.  Just round.

Kicks?  She thought it was gas.  Heartburn?  Food she ate.  

She went in to the ER with severe abdominal pain thinking she had serious food poisoning or appendicitis.  Nope.  Labor.  

Her son just started kindergarten and is just the sweetest.  He was the ring bearer in his parents' wedding.  

22 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I don't think Jeremy is intentionally keeping Jinger away, or that she's unhappy. If anything she seemed less happy as an eyerolling teenager in the TTH. As for not making it to every wedding/birthday/etc, this seems like normal behaviour for a young adults starting out in a new city. Jeremy has a job outside of TLC, and can't just hop on a plane at the drop of the hat. I think Jinger likes babies, but she's never been as fixated on them as her mother and sisters. 

Instagram only shows carefully edited and curated moments of people's lives, and we'll never truly know how Jinger feels, but I'm not seeing a bored housewife who misses her big family. I think she'd like it if Jessa moved closer to her, but doesn't miss the pandemonium of big family life.

I don't think he limits her access either, as much as Jinger loves her family, she did seem over being surrounded by people all the time and likes it just being her and Jeremy for now. Jeremy may come across as a bit of an asshole at times but I don't think he is intentionally keeping Jinger away, he has job outside the Duggar circle and can't always drop everything to attend every function. 

1 hour ago, PVMom said:

snip

I have the sense that Michele is a lot more involved in parenting now that the older girls are gone.   I think the Duggar kids love it when their cousins come over.   The Duggar house is like the funny party house.   Lots of Birthday parties, Valentine's Parties always a big get together.   There might be rifts here and there, I think Jeremy can't stand the whole Duggar thing and that's sad because Jiner is so close to her sisters.   He intentionally keeps her away.   They are young, DINKS they should be able to get back for every wedding and get together.   He strictly limits her access to her family.   I think if it were up to Jinger she'd be around more, her sisters are her best friends, she's living down in Waco bored I'm guessing, Jeremy is always out at his low paying preacher job and she's bored and wishes she was with her sisters and she loves babies so she's wishing she was with them and all their new babies.   Jeremy jerk keeps her away.

snip

Your guess is certainly as good as mine when it comes to Jinger's feelings and Jeremy's intentions, but I do think there is a good amount of evidence to the contrary here. Jinger seemed completely on board with the "no guests for six months" rule, looks generally healthy and radiant (I know this is a slippery slope, but honestly, compare that with the Dillards), and seems to be in touch with her family as much as any other married child is. Also, they're living in Laredo. I'm certain she's homesick at least from time to time (who wouldn't be), but I would bet money that she's not actively suffering over being so far from them.

1 hour ago, PVMom said:

I remember a year ago or so, there was talk that Kendra's younger sister was "friends" with one of the Duggar boys.   I think it was Jerimiah or Josiah.    She also came along with their Dad to Kendra's engagement surprise.   She would still be 17 I think.   Probably they wouldn't go for a courtship before she's 18.

The only thing I want to see next season is Joy and Austin's house all fixed up!    I want to see what he did with that.   It will be so boring if it's another season of wedding planning.   I think Kendra's wedding planning would make for terribly boring TV.   

Also, JinJer are not DINKs, they only have one income.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived