IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 7: Not Pregnant Yet - Oops They Are Expecting

samurai_sarah

Oh no, this means that she will be a teen mum. First teen mum in the Duggar family. Congrats, I guess! Now the flood gates are open to a lot of teen marriages and pregnancy to come in the Duggar family. For some reason I think more middle Duggar kids will get married as teens (I am looking at the Jer and Jed here and potentially Lauren Caldwell).

One announcement still missing for 2018: Jessa. I'm waiting for her announcement around New Year.

Oh and one more thing:

It seems that Joy, Kendra and Jill all got pregnant right away after their wedding. They really are a super young and super fertile bunch.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Oh, there was a story like that on the radicalfemininity blog. The couple didn't know it was twins until the second baby was born. Apparently they didn't get any ultrasounds and the birth was a home birth with a completely unqualified attendant who believes hospitals are evil (seriously). The mother "did have some complications after the birth, which resulted in 2 unexpected emergency trips to the hospital." Pretty scary.

There's also Carri, who thought she was having twins and attempted a homebirth that went very badly. 

My mum has eight cousins on her dads side and they all stayed in the same small town where we live so there are lots of second cousins around here I don’t even know. 

My dads parents both had seven siblings so he has tons of cousins. I’ve met some of them but not all.

My parents have one sibling each and everyone had three kids so I have six cousins. One is my age and we are fairly close. 

Mr Way also had two siblings and Miniway have six cousins plus one on the way. Four of his cousins are less then a year older or younger then him which I think is awesome since it looks like he’ll be an only child. We see three of his cousins several times a week. The other ones live on the other side of the world but we try to keep in contact as often as we can. 

Would the Duggars have someone marry at age 17, or would they wait until they are 18? Would that look bad for the brand, or would they not care about it? Michelle got married at 17, but maybe it is a different time. 

Sort of unrelated: I just saw another picture of the Thorncrown Chapel, and even though it's not gonna happen ("look how many people we know!"), I wish one of the Duggars would have a mini-wedding there. It's such a beautiful chapel. 

Reading all these big families scares me. I’m an only, my boyfriend is an only. Mum has one brother, he’s voluntarily childless. Dad has one brother, he has two kids I’ve only met twice. Boyfriend’s family is similarly small - I think three cousins. 

I should get my small wedding at least... (minus the second cousins I actually do see and enjoy the company of I have essentially no family to invite) and I only want one or two, sorry Duggarlings.

Our friends were honor attendants at a wedding at Thorncrown Chapel - the photos were stunning! The brides' wedding dresses were gorgeous, and their dogs were ring bearers. :) 

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:42 PM, fluffernutter said:

Wow. A whopping 3-8 weeks-ish of non-pregnancy time to get to know your spouse. To go from no kissing to "oh gosh! god gave us a BABY!  How sad for them that this is their reality. Guess they don't know any different.

This is what I've never understood about this family. To go from "can't be alone together without a chaperone! can't do anything more than hold hands!" and then three months later you're married and ... Do they go straight to s-e-x? How awkward is that? To always be dressed modestly, to never be alone with someone and now you're in bed and presumably at least half naked and you are expected to get pregnant practically THAT second? Do they just spend the first night figuring out how to kiss? This baffles me. (and reminds me of that show a few years back with the virgins getting married and that guy was a bird man when he kissed his bride? gag)

And how weird is it to be like "Well - now that we've committed our lives together for eternity - tell me how you REALLY feel about this religion...?" I can't imagine feeling like I know my spouse well enough after 3 months of chaperoned dates, conversations and texts - to get married.

And she's SO young. She sounds so young, I feel like she isn't prepared to be a mom. (none of us are, really - can't prep for that exam but she is SO young).

I don't know if Jinger & Jeremy are purposefully waiting or not - not going to speculate - but I'm glad that they at least have this time to get to know each other before firing up the baby making...

9 hours ago, Bethella said:

There's also Carri, who thought she was having twins and attempted a homebirth that went very badly. 

That situation will haunt me forever.  I started the original "twins" thread way back when and I often wonder what became of that family.

To add to the cousin talk, I have a very average three first cousins on one side and two on the other. However, my grandmother was a professional genealogist, so we know all sorts of random third cousins four times removed and double second cousins. We rarely had to buy a hotel room when we were traveling because invariably we had some distant relation wherever we were. It even got to the point that when we started dating, she would ask us our current beau’s last name to see if we were kin. :pb_lol: She once told my brother, “be nice to everybody...they’re probably your cousins.”

my maternal grandmother was one of 8, there are/were 23 children from those 8, over 50 from those and over 40 from those (i've lost count actually!) i have 1 first cousin on mom's side and i had 12 from my dad's side, 2 have passed already though. my husband and i are both only children (he has a half sister, who he wasn't raised with, but who we are really close to) my kids have 1 half first cousin LOL but probably 100 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc cousins

My mother is close to one of her cousins who was also an only child (and the daughter of an only child). She has 2 horrible sons. They have half siblings from their father they don't know, and who I'm sure don't know they excise. 

16 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I once saw a TV special about women who had twins without knowing it. The only one that made a little sense was one where the twins were born in 1978. The rest of the stories the women didn’t get ultrasounds. 

Now I'm thinking of that show, "I didn't know I was pregnant." Scariest show on television. 

7 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Now I'm thinking of that show, "I didn't know I was pregnant." Scariest show on television. 

Has anyone ever seen "Sex sent me to the ER"? It's great to watch while drunk:pb_lol: One story was about doing it in a tree, which the man then fell out of

2 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Has anyone ever seen "Sex sent me to the ER"? It's great to watch while drunk:pb_lol: One story was about doing it in a tree, which the man then fell out of

I have after a great deal of wine and spent the time wondering what most of the people were thinking! 

16 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

It was called something similar but having to do with twins. 

Wow, these big families are mind blowing to me. I have 4 first cousins and one sibling. My husband has 3 first cousins and no siblings but my husband and his mom are so detached from the rest of their family that it might as well just be the two of them. My parents were older when they had me so my closest cousin in age is 15 years older than me and they all live a two day drive away. My best friend growing up had like 15 first cousins and they all lived in the same area. They had huge family get togethers and I was always so jealous of how close their family was. Luckily, I've been around them long enough that we now fit in with their family too. I'm not close (geographically or emotionally) to my sister so I doubt my future children will be close to their cousins. I feel bad that my kids won't have much extended family, maybe that's why I'd rather have 4 kids than the expected (in my family at least) 2. 

1 minute ago, Runningfromreality said:

Wow, these big families are mind blowing to me. I have 4 first cousins and one sibling. My husband has 3 first cousins and no siblings but my husband and his mom are so detached from the rest of their family that it might as well just be the two of them. My parents were older when they had me so my closest cousin in age is 15 years older than me and they all live a two day drive away. My best friend growing up had like 15 first cousins and they all lived in the same area. They had huge family get togethers and I was always so jealous of how close their family was. Luckily, I've been around them long enough that we now fit in with their family too. I'm not close (geographically or emotionally) to my sister so I doubt my future children will be close to their cousins. I feel bad that my kids won't have much extended family, maybe that's why I'd rather have 4 kids than the expected (in my family at least) 2. 

This is like my family too, 4 siblings on my moms side , but they are all WAY older than my mom, and had kids early, my closest cousin is about 15 years older than me, lived in the same area, so saw each other on holidays, but wasn't really close to anyone (my mom also  had me later). My dad's side, there are 4 brothers, but we all lived all over the world, so I didn't see my cousins growing up all that much either, and I'm an only, so I feel a bit isolated sometimes!

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

It's the most LUDICROUS show on television. I don't know how anyone could not know they're pregnant, even though I've heard it claimed dozens of times. 

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's the most LUDICROUS show on television. I don't know how anyone could not know they're pregnant, even though I've heard it claimed dozens of times. 

Interestingly enough, this happened to a woman in my former in-laws' family. She was young (I want to say 16...) and the family was extremely conservative. One day she was going to the bathroom and "surprise!", she had a baby right then and there. I suspect that, in her case at least, there was a psychological pregnancy denial influenced by the extreme disapproval she'd face by acknowledging she was pregnant. Here's a good article on it, although it does talk about infanticide, so view at your own risk.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/the-babies-in-the-freezer-neonaticide-pregnancy-denial-mental-illness-95639

13 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

This happened to my mother.  She was nearing 40 and thought it might be menopause.  She had already had 2 kids and is a doctor.  It was ectopic so it wasn't 9 months before she found out, but when she was in the ER and her student was ordering tests she insisted she could not be pregnant.  We always thank him for not listening to her when we see him around, as any delay to do only the tests she wanted would have killed her.  

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

It was ectopic so it wasn't 9 months before she found out

Ectopic pregnancies are not typical pregnancies. I know because I had one. Mine was found by a friend who was an ultrasound tech - I knew something was wrong and she just did the ultrasound as a favor. I was in surgery five hours later.

I'm talking about people who (like the bathroom story, above) have babies and had zero idea they were pregnant.

I think in some cases its straight denial and others a combination of physical things creating a combination of the woman thinking she's unable to get pregnant as well as the pregnancy presenting in a way thats harder to detect for both the woman and the people in her life 

37 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

This happened to my mother.  She was nearing 40 and thought it might be menopause.  She had already had 2 kids and is a doctor.  It was ectopic so it wasn't 9 months before she found out, but when she was in the ER and her student was ordering tests she insisted she could not be pregnant.  We always thank him for not listening to her when we see him around, as any delay to do only the tests she wanted would have killed her.  

That's exactly why doctors don't take women's word for it when they say they can't be pregnant. It's better to do unnecessary pregnancy tests than to miss an existing pregnancy.

Happened to my friend.... Who is a nurse (proper, qualified, practising...) She'd been trying for a baby for 10 years, a couple of failed IVF attempts and then was told she would never get pregnant.... So she got herself a dog and mothered that instead. Lo and behold, 9 months later, had some abdominal discomfort and growth which she was convinced was a tumour. She reacted by sticking her head in the sand until her partner finally made her get a scan. It turned out she was 7 and a half months pregnant, and the baby was born 3 weeks later.

All wonderful.... But I'd never trust her clinical skills now.....

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived