IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 7: Not Pregnant Yet - Oops They Are Expecting

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

That's crazy! I can't imagine having that many cousins/neices/nephews. FJers who grew up in big families-- did you/your siblings decide to have a big family too?

I'm one of 9 kids (one of 32 grandchildren on one side, 42 on the other...and counting). My childhood sect of Judaism shies away from birth control - not quite murder, but an indication of incomplete faith in God's plan, I guess? My mother's spacing was similar to Anna's, but my 25-year-old sister will soon have 4 kids under 5. No one else is procreating at the moment, so time will tell.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

We picked Rebecca as our girl name if we have a second daughter. If that happens I really want to announce her birth by posting a photo proclaiming her to be Becky with the good hair.

(Husband will probably veto that idea because he’s a fun killer. :pb_lol:)

You're the best:pb_lol:

37 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

ETA: And I can’t remember who said Kendra is only 18, but that’s not correct. She was born August 11, 1998 - so she’s actually 19. She’ll still be 19 when the baby arrives, but she’ll probably be pretty close to turning 20 at that point.

So if they announced really early and/or she goes a little over she might just make it to 20 then. 

On 12/18/2017 at 4:53 PM, VBOY9977 said:

Also, this whole charade made the Duggars forget to congratulate Jordyn on her birthday :my_sad: I hope they do later today

I feel so bad for the lost girls, all JB and Michelle care about now is having 100 grandchildren 

Happy to announce that they actually did wish her a happy birthday in a post that wasn’t painfully generic like the rest of them. Also, their new post on fb from today shows that they threw her a bday party 

Still doesn’t change my views in how JB and Michelle treat the lost girls, but I’m glad Jordyn had her moment :my_heart:

My parents are both from big families. My maternal grandparents had 36 grandchildren and there are currently over 50 great grandchildren with some great-greats thrown in there now. On my Dad's side by grandparents had 18 grandchildren, 19 great grandchildren, and 2 great greats so far. 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

My parents are both from big families. My maternal grandparents had 36 grandchildren and there are currently over 50 great grandchildren with some great-greats thrown in there now. On my Dad's side by grandparents had 18 grandchildren, 19 great grandchildren, and 2 great greats so far. 

Wow! That's amazing. 

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Gothard for a boy Trumpena for a girl.

I would not put it past them.:pb_lol:

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I take a few sick days and a Duggar gets pregnant. That's....typical. 

So, it's YOUR fault!   (Given how much sex education those kids have it could very well be an explanation to them)

Stop taking sick days.   Drag your sick self on your death bed and put an end to this insanity!   

:playful2:

22 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Wow!  My family is about as far from that as it gets:  I think most of my grandparents grew up in 2-3-4-kid families at the beginning of the 20th century -- probably small by the standards of the day.  My dad and my mom had one sibling each.  Among those three families (my parents/family, mom's sister's family, and dad's sister's family) there were a grand total of 5 kids (me, my sibling, three cousins).  And among those five, we have produced a whopping total of two offspring.

So basically, in order to get to more than 20 people (total, not per generation), I have to go back four generations!

On 12/18/2017 at 12:48 PM, VelociRapture said:

Not necessarily. My sister just told me she’s expecting her second (side note - I AM SO PUMPED!!!!) and she’s due in mid-July. That means my sister conceived in late October and is right around 10 weeks. If Kendra conceived on their wedding night - which is totally possible - then she could be as far as 16 weeks along right now. I find it likely she’s closer to 12 weeks, but anything is possible.

And just to avoid any potential thread derailments about how they’ve only been married for X weeks so she can’t be Y weeks pregnant:

http://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/calculating-conception-due-date/

Basically, date of conception is rarely known for sure and Doctors simply count from the date of the mother’s last menstural period to play it safe. For many women, that means an extra two weeks are added to the length of the pregnancy. 

I conceived my first time I ever had unprotected sex on the night before my wedding. She could definitely be 16 weeks.

I know someone who had parents who both were only children. So he had no cousins and his maternal grandparents were already gone when he & his sister were born. He married a girl who came from a large extended family on the day of their wedding she still had 3 grandparents. 

On 12/18/2017 at 2:50 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm 47 and have several HS classmates that are grandparents, two have been a grandmothers for 10 years, so since their late 30's, then we have 2 classmates (both men) who have infants and toddlers. Though I wouldn't want to be the mother of an infant or toddler (or preschooler or elementary schooler either) I'm not ready for the moniker of grandma yet either. Of course my oldest is 29 days younger than Joy and my youngest is 2 months older than Jason.

I just realized in a 30 month time frame I had 2 children and Michelle had 4, 4 kids in 30 months. I can't even imagine, I thought I was going nuts with 2 kids, and she was on 9, 10 & 11 and then #12, and still going to have 7 more. It is insane to even consider.

No, The only Duggarlings to own their own homes are Jinger & Joy.  Benessa have that little house in their name but I'm pretty sure Boob bought it for them since Benny doesn't have a job that would pay well enough to buy a $100k home AND still put food on the table and pay for all the trips they take to TX & TN and MO.

I thought Jon David or one of the boys owned a house

7 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

That's crazy! I can't imagine having that many cousins/neices/nephews. FJers who grew up in big families-- did you/your siblings decide to have a big family too? Even if only 5 of the Duggars have 8 kids, that's 40 grandkids! Will JB and Michelle be able to remember everyone's names?

I guess it depends on your definition of "big" lol but my husband is one of six (seven if you count the half-sister he's never met) and yet we are pretty sure we are two and through. On the other hand his oldest brother has four kids and he and his wife are contemplating a fifth. 

My mom is one of five and out of all her siblings she has the most kids (three). Two of her siblings have two kids, one has one kid, and one is childless by choice.

8 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I guess it depends on your definition of "big" lol but my husband is one of six (seven if you count the half-sister he's never met) and yet we are pretty sure we are two and through. On the other hand his oldest brother has four kids and he and his wife are contemplating a fifth. 

My mom is one of five and out of all her siblings she has the most kids (three). Two of her siblings have two kids, one has one kid, and one is childless by choice.

Interesting. Their was a story on the today show Facebook page. A woman had 9 kids 1 older son & then 4 sets of twins. Now all in their 40’s & 50’s. One of her grandchildren commented and said their were 14 in the next generation. It didn’t say but I wonder if a few didn’t have kids. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

My mother's mother (GMA) was one of three. Her siblings were a sister (no children), and a brother (one child).  GMA had one child (my mom).

My mom had one child (me).

I had one child (GryffindorDisappointment).

GryffDis has no children.

My dad's dad was an only child. My dad is one of three. His younger brother had three and his older brother had three. 

I have six first cousins. 

When GMA's sister died, the ENTIRE FAMILY fit on half a pew in the church for her funeral.

I think the most people we EVER had in my dad's parents' house for any event (Christmas or Thanksgiving) was 19. It was a madhouse and also terrifying.

Edit:  Three of my first cousins (all younger than I am) are grandparents. One became a grandparent at 36, and she now has five grands (she's 46). 

My mother was one of 9. None of them had more than 3 kids each, and my mom and one of her sisters only had one child. There are 18 grandchildren now (and unless my 62 year old uncle's 33 year old wife wants another kid, it's staying at 18). The great-grandchildren is going 20 (and one miscarriage) and only about half have had children. I'm going to guess it'll get to 40-50 great-grandchildren, but not for a very long time, since the youngest 3 grandchildren are under 6. 

I have a client who is one of 5 kids she is the second oldest. She & one of her other siblings only had one child. She hosts her family for Christmas and has about 20 people (this I think includes her husband’s family.) her house is tiny I have no idea how they all fit. 

8 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

That's crazy! I can't imagine having that many cousins/neices/nephews. FJers who grew up in big families-- did you/your siblings decide to have a big family too? Even if only 5 of the Duggars have 8 kids, that's 40 grandkids! Will JB and Michelle be able to remember everyone's names?

This may have already been said (1.5 pages behind) but J'chelle can't even remember her own kids' names all the time!

And I think they will go with an alphabetical name theme. They already have J...K....
So Landon Joseph for a boy and Layla Grace for a girl. 

My MIL is one of 7 children (Irish Catholic, born in 11 years total and no twins). She and all her siblings had 3-4 children each so my husband has a LOT of cousins and we see them one day over Christmas at the annual reunion and the introvert in me hates that day so much. Now those cousins have about a dozen kids (I lose track) under 8 and it's totally out of control. It's so overwhelming and loud and sweaty and you have to shout to speak to the person next to you as you're all crammed in one albeit nice and spacious house but not for so many people. 

Interestingly my husband insisted on only 2 kids for us as he also didn't care for the chaos.

The is a local weatheman that I follow. He lives in the next town from me. He is from a family of 8 kids and his wife is 1 of 6.  They only have 1 daughter. 

Their is a comedian named Jim something. He is the youngest of 6 I think and his wife is the oldest of 9. They have 5 kids. It surprises me that they have so many.

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

So if they announced really early and/or she goes a little over she might just make it to 20 then. 

It’s possible, but unlikely she’d go that far overdue. If they announced as soon as they got a positive test then she’d be due around August 24th or so. I don’t think they announced that early though. 

1 hour ago, Mlissmartin said:

I conceived my first time I ever had unprotected sex on the night before my wedding. She could definitely be 16 weeks.

Yep. Absolutely possible. I find it more likely she isn’t quite that far along, but I could certainly be wrong. We don’t see them much, so hiding a pregnancy would have been easy enough. 

As for kid counts...

My mom’s parents are one of three (Grandpa) and one of five (Grandma.) Mom is one of four. My dad’s parents are one of three (grandpa) and one of I’m not sure how many because I don’t really see her or know her - definitely a few kids that she was the youngest of and one of her parents was married twice. Dad is second of two, though he also has a much younger half brother through his mom (his dad raised him and his older brother - Mom saw them most Sundays and other times too.) My parents had three kids. From my one aunt and four uncles, I have one first cousin.

Husband’s maternal grandparents... not sure about his grandpa, but he at least has one sister. His grandma was one of five. They had three kids together. His paternal grandparents... there were a bunch of kids on his grandpa’s side, but Grandma was the only kid from her parents’ marriage - she had a much younger half-brother through her Mom too. They had three kids together as well. Of my husband’s three aunts and one Uncle, he has about 11 first cousins (most of them are considerably older than him since his paternal aunts were in their teens when his dad was born.)

Due to many factors - wanting to provide good size college funds, other financial considerations, my history of one miscarriage and one premature birth, etc. - husband and I have settled on two kids. If we feel capable of providing the life we want for a third kid and I safely carry our second to term, then we would consider having a third. But I think we’ll be done after our next pregnancy. My daughter currently has one cousin and a second cousin expected this coming summer. We’ll likely end with a total of four grandkids on my side, unless my brother decides to start a family.  

11 hours ago, seraaa said:

I don't see why the boys have to get married before they leave home - it's a given that the girls do, but is it really so for the boys as well? I don't know why he and JD haven't upped and left already

I have the feeling that Josiah and J-D are staying put to keep an eye on the lost girls, Anna and the M Kids. Someone has too. That is why Jana is staying put for now. They both appear to be sensible hard working intelligent young men. Way more mature that their creepy father and eldest brother. (IMO).

Kendra's age makes her a prime candidate for a tryndy name. You know we're getting one if she has a girl. 

See you in June, Lakynn Faith!

ETA: My new user title is FABULOUS!

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Kendra's age makes her a prime candidate for a tryndy name. You know we're getting one if she has a girl. 

See you in June, Lakynn Faith!

I was just going to say the same thing! This is going to be a Lakelynn, Brylee, Addisyn or something of that variety. And I totally also see a "normal" middle name like Faith, Grace, Hope, Charity.

I have 24 first cousins on my dad's side, and they all have kids, and their kids are starting to having kids. It's to the point now where I don't even know everyone's name. We have a family reunion each year, and it takes up one of the cousin's free farm acreage just to hold all the campers. Most of them camp because there's lots of free booze, and usually a band. And fireworks. Lots of fireworks.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived