IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 7: Not Pregnant Yet - Oops They Are Expecting

samurai_sarah

I bet it's a girl, and for some reason this couple gives me the vibe that they like noun baby names, like Faith, Grace, etc. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when she will be due? around first half of June? Will she be early or late? 

Will they go with a letter theme or will they try something different? And is a boy  or a girl?

So so many question, già we suppose to wait till spring when the show will be back ?? :irony:

So this will be #11 grandbaby for the Duggars...it will be interesting to see if this will be another huge baby like Izzy, Sam, Spurge, Henry and the others or if this will be at least a little bit smaller (as i hope for Kendra)

I find this news SO depressing. I'm not depressed for Kendra and Joe--no doubt this is what they wanted and expected to happen. And I will not waste a second of my time worrying about members of this silly family.

But I'm depressed because now Jim-Boob gets to boast about yet another grandchild (not sure which eleventy-ith this will be, and I don't care). As if their fecundity somehow reflects favorably on his virility.

On top of that, I just despair for a world in which, for these people and their fans, having umpteen babies is somehow seen as the height of spiritual goodness.

And, maybe worst of all, these people who have eleventy babies are going to out-populate sensible people who choose to have a more modest number. The result, I fear, is that the idea that it's just ducky to have hordes of children is going to be propagated (so to speak) much more widely.

Ugh.

Also, this whole charade made the Duggars forget to congratulate Jordyn on her birthday :my_sad: I hope they do later today

I feel so bad for the lost girls, all JB and Michelle care about now is having 100 grandchildren 

26 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

And, maybe worst of all, these people who have eleventy babies are going to out-populate sensible people who choose to have a more modest number. The result, I fear, is that the idea that it's just ducky to have hordes of children is going to be propagated (so to speak) much more widely.

I think the one thing that kills the spread of this idea to have five hundred kids is growing up poor and, in some cases, neglected. The Duggars are in kind of a different category because they have money from their show and their properties. They can sustain things for now, giving the grown kids cash and houses to toe the line, while the young kids are kept fed and clothed in a large house. This isn't the case for a lot of Quiverfull families-- money gets tighter and tighter with each kid, the house feels smaller and smaller, people get hungry, and the kids are less likely to continue the lifestyle when they grow up. The Duggar kids aren't breaking free because the money makes them feel like their lifestyle is sustainable. But maybe they will in the future when finances are tighter.

13 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Also, this whole charade made the Duggars forget to congratulate Jordyn on her birthday :my_sad: I hope they do later today

I feel so bad for the lost girls, all JB and Michelle care about now is having 100 grandchildren 

Poor Jordyn. It's not easy having a birthday so close to Christmas, but I'm sad her family hasn't wished her a happy birthday...yet.

Happy birthday Jordyn.:my_heart:

I've been of FJ for about a month, waiting for something to actually happen before I check the threads again lol. Surprise, surprise, a JoKen baby xD. I bet she's about 10-12 weeks, so not *quite* as much of a honeymoon baby as Joy. Kendra hardly looks any different to me in the video than she did before.

I think baby will make its entrance the last week of June, no later than first week of July. Definitely less than 3 months after baby Forsyth. I could see this JoKen pregnancy following a very similar timeframe as Jill's with Samuel (probably told the family around Thanksgiving, public announcement just before Christmas, baby appears early July). Name pool - I'm thinking Joe Jr for a boy, and something like Ashley or Amber for a girl.

Seriously, what else was she going to do? She doesn't work outside the home or do charity work from what we can see. She has very little to do besides have a million babies.

Well it looks like Kendra will get the honor of being the first Duggar teen mom. I am not even slightly surprised.

On 12/8/2017 at 5:05 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

-snip-
I really do empathize with them, because when you're really in the depths of an illness it becomes less a condition and more a state of being, and because being ill or disabled is a massive part of how you live your life and who you are, but there's a difference between being unashamed of your conditions and refusing to be affected by stigma surrounding it and acknowledging the way you've been shaped by them for better and for worse, and refusing to better yourself/romanticizing your illness and dragging everyone else down to be miserable with you.

This is so beautifully written, that I literally saved a screenshot of this for future reference.  I wish I could Rufus bless the crap out of it ~

As for the Joe and Kendra baby announcement, not a surprise, and hey, so long they can handle their own ~ good for them.  I will admit, I can't wait to see the cheeks on that baby, so cute!

13 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Well it looks like Kendra will get the honor of being the first Duggar teen mom. I am not even slightly surprised.

Not surprised to hear of this at all.  And while it's no doubt what Kendra and Joe wanted, it just seems rather depressing to me.  I guess it's that she's 18 and as pointed out, doesn't have much to do.   She got married, she stays home, now she's expecting.  IDK seems sad to see someone so young to have not that much going on compared to many of her peers. 

I am sure she's happy but to me, I would be screaming bored.   

The TLC announcement video is painful to watch. Looks like they had to do a lot of shots and editing. These two are a charisma black hole.

27 minutes ago, flycat said:

Seriously, what else was she going to do? She doesn't work outside the home or do charity work from what we can see. She has very little to do besides have a million babies.

While they are happy, I do feel sorry for the children. They don't choose to be born or into that world.

1 hour ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I bet it's a girl, and for some reason this couple gives me the vibe that they like noun baby names, like Faith, Grace, etc. 

Everyone that I know that is pregnant or having babies (like THIS WEEK) is having girls! So I think 2018 is the year of fundie girls. 

But I predict that Kendra will go ~*TrYnDy*~ with her names, I would not rule out a letter theme though. 

1 hour ago, JesusPony said:

The law of diminishing returns is going to kick in with public excitement about Duggar babies. "Yay. Another one."

I litreally said out loud "Another baby for another season". Courtships, weddings and babies...not much ever changes. 

One more child to be raised in that evil cult. Poor little one. No child deserves that.

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Michelle will just read from her script.  Happy birthday. You have such a servant's heart. A heart for the Lord. You are such a worker, and you take care of your nephews. 

Maybe Kendra will continue the J-theme, and we'll finally get a Julie  Jeweli. With a heart as a dot over the i.

Unless the baby is actually her love child with Lawson and is the Prince That Was Promised, I don't see how a Duggar gestating is newsworthy. 

My money's on girl, Biblical but trendily misspelled and/or double-barrelled: Mary-Fayth, Bethanee-Hope, Sara-Grace (which actually does sound kinda nice, to be fair), Naomee-Grace

5 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Unless the baby is actually her love child with Lawson and is the Prince That Was Promised, I don't see how a Duggar gestating is newsworthy. 

My money's on girl, Biblical but trendily misspelled and/or double-barrelled: Mary-Fayth, Bethanee-Hope, Sara-Grace (which actually does sound kinda nice, to be fair), Naomee-Grace

Sara-Grayce?

"A Duggar is pregnant" headline is just like a headline stating water is wet. I don't think anyone cares anymore about their babies, weddings, or courtships. Maybe the public will care more if/when Jana gets into a courtship just because she is known as the Cinderella but no one besides the humpers and snarkers care about them.  

There are so many Duggars I don't even care anymore, unless they go out of their way to get on my radar.

So congrats to Kendra, who I assume is quite young and has married a J manchild.  Is this the teen whose parents are freakishly young looking?  Whatever.  Pop out those kids with abandon.  Keep telling yourself that you're superior to everyone else.  I'm sure that a house to live in and money to feed the growing hoard will magically appear whenever you need it.

Don't worry about what will happen when the public is tired of everything Duggar, and the adults in your life have aged to the point where they can't offer financial support any longer, and the younger siblings have paired off and have their own kids so there's no more free help when you need it.  I'm sure that your SODRT educations will enable you to find work with benefits and your older children will take excellent care of the younger ones.

Don't worry about what will happen when your own SODRT kids have to join the job market to supplement the family income or prepare for their own lives when they marry and accept as many blessings as their fertility will allow.  That's the Lord's problem, you're just following the plan laid out for you from your parents, and you've never been allowed to think for yourselves, so I guess you'll just have to pray a little bit harder.  Sucks to be you.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived