IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 7: Not Pregnant Yet - Oops They Are Expecting

samurai_sarah

Happy birthday, Jordyn! You sweetie face.  :my_heart:

And the only thing that surprises me about this is that they didn't announce sooner.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not surprised at all.  I hope this doesn’t put pressure on Jinger to get pregnant.  I’m hoping this is a choice on Jinger and Jeremy’s part and nothing medical preventing pregnancy especially if they want a child eventually.

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Well i'm not surprise for the announce it was too muchh quiet around duggarville, bit for some reason i was expecting jessa first and the Kendra...

now i'm waiting on her parents to announce a pregnancy 

Her parents are likely still fertile, although if mom's near 40 things would be slowing down. How old is their youngest?

4 hours ago, PVMom said:

I bet Jinger is feeling jealous.    

I doubt it. They seem happy with their current situation and the freedom it allows them. I could see Jeremy wanting to allow Jinger to experience some child free adult time. He didn't marry until his later 20's, and had several years to enjoy being free from the responsibility of kids.

3 hours ago, JesusPony said:

The law of diminishing returns is going to kick in with public excitement about Duggar babies. "Yay. Another one."

YES! Perfectly said. Especially for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc in each individual family. I think people will continue to be interested in who's courting next, but Jessa & Jill's 3rd & beyond announcements, for example? Meh, noone cares.

Maybe I'm just in a grouchy mood tonight. But here's another reason the announcement of a new Duggar pregnancy pisses me off. (And it could be anyone's pregnancy--I'm not particularly wanting to pick on Kendra and Joe.)

I used to think that the youngest Duggar girls--Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie, but maybe also Johanna--would not suffer the same fate as their older sisters: raising their parents' children from the time they could put their own socks on. (Geez, I remember poor Joy-Anna being responsible for one of the younger boys when she was only six). I figured, being the youngest, that the four little girls might have something approaching a more ordinary childhood, and just be responsible for themselves.

But now I see what is happening: Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie will be enlisted, ad nauseum, to raise their little nieces and nephews. We know that Jessa is often over at the Duggar compound with her two boys, and I imagine Jill is also. I don't have a clear sense of where Joy and Kendra are living, but I imagine they are close enough to the main compound to bring their spawn over as well, once they are out of the maternal bellies. The youngest Duggar girls will be raising those children until the day they find a man to marry--at which point, they will go off and start spitting out their own babies.

According to this cult, girls and women are really not good for anything but being baby-machines and child-minders. It disgusts me.

I think if Jinger and Jeremy have been purposely preventing, this isn't going to do anything to change that. Jeremy would be the one to decide that anyway, and I can't see him being overly swayed by various Duggars putting pressure on Jinger about why she's not pregnant yet. He doesn't strike me as being particularly intimidated by the Duggar machine.

28 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

I don't have a clear sense of where Joy and Kendra are living, but I imagine they are close enough to the main compound to bring their spawn over as well, once they are out of the maternal bellies.

Joy and Austin are about a 40-45 minute drive away in Elkins, about halfway between the TTH and Austin's parents. We don't have any indication of where Joseph and Kendra are living, they don't appear in the local property records or phone books. I suspect they are living in a Duggar Trust house, possibly the log house that was moved to the TTH property, but I don't have any proof of that.

46 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

But now I see what is happening: Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie will be enlisted, ad nauseum, to raise their little nieces and nephews. We know that Jessa is often over at the Duggar compound with her two boys, and I imagine Jill is also. I don't have a clear sense of where Joy and Kendra are living, but I imagine they are close enough to the main compound to bring their spawn over as well, once they are out of the maternal bellies. The youngest Duggar girls will be raising those children until the day they find a man to marry--at which point, they will go off and start spitting out their own babies.

According to this cult, girls and women are really not good for anything but being baby-machines and child-minders. It disgusts me.

I would give it another 3-4 years before the Lost Girls become full-blown SAHDs (or SAHAs, stay-at-home aunts?); by then, Blessa could be a mom of four or five. By the grace of all that is good, please, Jill, not another one.

Re: birthday greetings, I'm surprised Meechelle skipped an Instagram posting to celebrate her precious Josie's birthday. Poor kid's probably lost her luster next to her eleventy nieces and nephews (and counting).

OH Jesus Christmas, alright then. My guess is they'll have a girl and go for a classic yet popular name, something like Rebecca/Becky, Ashley, or Emily. Maybe Renee or Abigail.

They could very well end up going for something unusual, but they don't seem like the type to me. I can see Kendra dreaming up some pretty out there names for her hypothetical kids but then, when the time comes, being too self-conscious to suggest them out loud to her headship. But I mean I don't know any of these people obviously, it's just my impression. I'd hate to be 19 and pregnant, especially after growing up the way Kendra has.

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

Yeah, I'm waiting for the posed, bumps-out pic with Kendra and her mom side by side. 

Oh man, can you imagine how jealous Michelle would be?

On 11/29/2017 at 7:33 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

My daughter has the Daith piercing -- and she swears it has basically cured her migraines. :) 

I have one, purely for the look, and sadly it's had zero effect on my migraines. It was easily the most painful piercing I've ever had done thanks to going through all that cartilage (and I've had my nipples pierced), but it also healed the fastest. I've got an opal clicker in there now and I adore it... the migraine cure would have been a lovely side effect if it were true! 

1 hour ago, Analytica49 said:

But now I see what is happening: Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie will be enlisted, ad nauseum, to raise their little nieces and nephews.

Johanna, Jennifer, and Jordyn yes. However, I thnk Josie the miracle child will be exempt.

41 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Oh man, can you imagine how jealous Michelle would be?

I can. I remember when Michelle and Anna were pregnant at the same time. Michelle didn't look pleased at all. 

1 hour ago, Markie said:

Apparently the Duggar adjective of the day is "neat,"

Totally 

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Totally 

It's hilarious when they tried or wanted to sound cool. 

It didn't work. I literally laughed out loud at Jill's response to the marriage proposal. 

1 hour ago, mizandry said:

Becky

Because at this point Becky has become a byword for "archetypal white girl", I feel like Kendra would be entering the realm of self-parody if she named her daughter Becky. 

I somehow still find myself startled by how quickly they become pregnant. I think Kendra is a sweet and lovely young woman...but I almost called her a "girl" instead. She acts like she should be somebody's babysitter, not their mom! 

7 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Because at this point Becky has become a byword for "archetypal white girl", I feel like Kendra would be entering the realm of self-parody if she named her daughter Becky. 

Becky would must likely inherit good hair if Kendra and the Duggar women are any indicator.

Just now, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Becky would must likely inherit good hair if Kendra and the Duggar women are any indicator.

I dunno, Joe's hairline is fleeing the cult faster than he is. 

Wow. A whopping 3-8 weeks-ish of non-pregnancy time to get to know your spouse. To go from no kissing to "oh gosh! god gave us a BABY!  How sad for them that this is their reality. Guess they don't know any different.

at this point i would be more shocked if they weren't immediately pregnant (see jinger)

i feel like the teen mom will give her baby a name fitting of a teen mom. it may have a religious element, but i see something like jace or aubree or leeah or something like that

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived