IGNORED

Jinger 33: Beauty: By God!

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Please take note that while he may not be gazing adoringly at the camera this time, his head is still firmly in the centre of the shot, whereas Jinger is off to the side and partially cut out of the picture. :pb_lol:

Kind of typical if you have a large height difference. It's so hard to get good photos of hubby and I due to our huge height diff.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, CrazyMumma said:

Kind of typical if you have a large height difference. It's so hard to get good photos of hubby and I due to our huge height diff.

Eh, I see a lot of selfies taken by guys who are a lot taller than their wives/girlfriends, and the woman isn't off to the side and half cut out of the picture. Actually, I was just looking at Brandon and Michael Keilen's Instagram, and it's an interesting contrast. He's a lot taller than she is, and they take a lot of selfies, but either they're both in the centre of the frame, or she is. Examples:

Spoiler

Examples from the otherwise dreadful Derick Dillard (who is also quite a bit taller than his wife):

Spoiler

John and Alyssa Webster (huge height difference):

Spoiler

So yeah, I am going to snark on Jeremy a little for this one. It's probably kind of petty, maybe, but it just fits so hilariously well with the general vibe he gives off (which is that he has a gigantic ego and enjoys being worshiped by his wife). 

Edit: I don't want to make it seem like I'm accusing Jeremy of doing this on purpose, or on a regular basis. He obviously doesn't. I'm getting a kick out of this latest selfie because it just seems so... them. But if you check out his Instagram, there are plenty of selfies where they're both centred in the frame. ;) Lest I be accused of being too unfair to the Babes.

I am taking a drawing class for the first time and loving it and have spent the last 10 years plus painting acrylic and my instructor says you must never put the subject in the middle of the painting....it speaks more when you put it to the side or anywhere else. Putting it in the middle just shouts something that you don't know how to use the space around you.

your welcome

28 minutes ago, nst said:

Putting it in the middle just shouts something that you don't know how to use the space around you.

Composition is important. :)

Let's also not forget that unlike the other fundies in their circle, who mostly just want to present themselves as the #ohsoblessedfollowersofJesus,  Jinger and Jeremy strive to be #arty, #kre8tuve, and #hipster. I think that is likely at fault for the special stiltedness @singsingsing has observed.

Exactly, @Pretzel - they're creating and marketing their brand. They're just a leeeeetle bit more sophisticated about it than, say, Jessa. Or Derick. :pb_lol:

My SO is 6'7" and I'm 5'2". He showed a coworker a selfie of us and she asked if I was tall because he leans down closer to my level for photos like that and it appeared like we didn't have such a crazy height difference! 

We have a family friend who runs a very successful concusting business. He is about 6'7". His business partner is about 5'2". It's funny to see them next to each other. Their was a picture of them in the paper once. The shorter one had to stand on box for the photo so they could be similar heights. 

1 hour ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Someone tell me what is on his plate?

Some variation of Eggs Benedict, by the sounds of it on a biscuit instead of an English muffin.

On 11/23/2017 at 8:05 PM, singsingsing said:

Eh, I see a lot of selfies taken by guys who are a lot taller than their wives/girlfriends, and the woman isn't off to the side and half cut out of the picture. Actually, I was just looking at Brandon and Michael Keilen's Instagram, and it's an interesting contrast. He's a lot taller than she is, and they take a lot of selfies, but either they're both in the centre of the frame, or she is. Examples:

I've never downvoted anything here, and sorry for doing it....but come. on.!!! He didn't take the best selfie?? Everyone's allowed free speech, and so I'm not trying to dictate what you can and can't talk about, but there's sooo many other fucked up things with these folks. Plus, it's hardly an obvious not great selfie, she's like 40% and he's like 60% of the photo.

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

Some variation of Eggs Benedict, by the sounds of it on a biscuit instead of an English muffin.

It look gooood!  I want it right now!

14 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

I've never downvoted anything here, and sorry for doing it....but come. on.!!! He didn't take the best selfie?? Everyone's allowed free speech, and so I'm not trying to dictate what you can and can't talk about, but there's sooo many other fucked up things with these folks. Plus, it's hardly an obvious not great selfie, she's like 40% and he's like 60% of the photo.

Never feel like you have to apologize for downvoting, or explain why you're doing it. You're totally free to downvote whatever you want, for whatever reason you want. I would actually recommend using the 'downvote' option more often, it's great for just expressing disagreement or disapproval when you don't see the need to get into it with someone. ;) 

I understand your distaste for petty criticisms - I hate the BEC stuff too, so my ragging on Jeremy for his selfie skills is probably a tad hypocritical! I'm not sure if you read the rest of my post, but I thought it was obvious that I was joking, and that I found the composition funny because it seemed to unintentionally fit the 'Jeremy is self-obsessed and Jinger worships him' narrative so well. I even added a note pointing out that the majority of his selfies with Jinger are 'adequately centred'. But of course you're free to disapprove regardless, and I'd be thrilled keep discussing the things that are actually fucked up with Jing & Jer and leave the selfie evaluations behind! :pb_lol:

Christ, this place is weird.  

Carry on. 

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm not sure if you read the rest of my post, but I thought it was obvious that I was joking, and that I found the composition funny because it seemed to unintentionally fit the 'Jeremy is self-obsessed and Jinger worships him' narrative so well. I even added a note pointing out that the majority of his selfies with Jinger are 'adequately centred'.

Thanks, and sorry that I didn't pick up on the joking part. :) Considering all the different senses of humor across the world, combined with the fact that tone is completely lost online, I just missed it! 

16 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Thanks, and sorry that I didn't pick up on the joking part. :) Considering all the different senses of humor across the world, combined with the fact that tone is completely lost online, I just missed it! 

My fault - I often fail spectacularly at conveying my tone online! And hey, even if I was joking, it was a BEC criticism, and I'm constantly nagging other people to cut that out, so I can't exactly blame other people for pointing the finger at me when I do it! :pb_lol:

5 minutes ago, Inky said:

You two are starting to sound like a pair of Canadians in a doorway.

It's not even funny. The amount of "Sorrys" is unreal. And then once you get out of the doorway, it's more apologizing. Vicious, sorry circle.

47 minutes ago, Inky said:

You two are starting to sound like a pair of Canadians in a doorway.

Look, I can't help it... I was born Canadian! I'M SORRY! :pb_lol:

canadians.jpg.ddd95f27248ed4668967e0f7643594b8.jpg

Pardon me, did you just say something to me eh? I'll have you know I graduated at the top of my class in the Canadian Politeness Force, and I've been involved in numerous secret runs to Tim Hortons, and I have over 300 confirmed friends. I am trained in welcoming warfare and am the most passive aggressive member of the entire canadian population. You are a person that I have yet to make friends with. I will talk to you with kindness the likes of which have never been seen before on this earth, mark my passiveness. You think you can get away with not saying thank you? Think again, neighbour. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of syrup drinking moose across the northern territories and your IP is being traced so you better prepare for the gift baskets, buddy. The gift baskets that not only contain Gift cards, but donuts from tim hortons too. You're gonna be befriended, guy. I can be nice anywhere, anytime, and can be nice to you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just if I write letters. Not only am i extensively trained in passive aggressive combat, but I have access to the entire moose army of the Canadian Maple Leaf Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to welcome your friendly ass right into the neighbourhood. You little neighbourino. If you had only known what friendly retribution your comment was about to bring down, maybe you would have eaten poutine with me. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're gonna let me pay the bill because that's how nice I am, guy. I will put you in the hospital and it will cost nothing cause our healthcare is free. I'll say sorry now, friendo.

(My favorite copypasta. Not by me. So sorry)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived